Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:32 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
((OOC: Chat/Planning Thread))

Once upon a time

There were a bunch of dumbass kids

Played a game

Destroyed the world

This is their story.

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1235
Location: Neptune
The night is dark, to the point of feeling oppressive. The Moon peaks through the clouds, but only barely, teasing you with but a drop of visibility. Your fire is currently your only friend: warm, bright, and the only thing still there for you. Even that is thrown into doubt, though, as you feel the God's wrath trickle on your head in the form of the smallest drop of water, yet it leaves the biggest impact you have ever felt.

What will you do?



>Grab a nearby stick and light it on the fire.

You gather a memento of your last friend. It won't last long, however, and if you don't hurry, neither will you.

>Go South

You head to the south, just as your life seems to have been doing lately. Your eyes are met with a cave, its gaping maw staring at you with a darkness more intense than even the demon out here that's taunting you, knowing you will join it in moments as the sprinkling rain grows more intense by the moment.

>Go into Cave

As both your chances and makeshift torch grow dimmer by the second, you charge into the cave, knowing full-well that you don't have the luxury of choice. The stick is damp and will go out in mere seconds if you don't act fast.

>Feel around for Fuel

Your primary sense beginning to fail you, you rely on the next best thing you can think of: touch. You scurry along the ground, seeing if you can feel for any spare twigs, some dry stones, anything! Just as it all seems for naught, you feel something strange. Damp, squishy, and pulsating slightly, you're not sure what to make of it.

The tongue, however, knows just what to make of you.

You were eaten by a grue.

"AAAAAAAAAARRRGH!" Hamilton shouted, throwing the card to the ground. ""It'll be fun!," dad said, "Every day will be an adventure!" dad said! Every day's a friggin' headache, is what it is!" he continued screaming, throwing a bit of a tantrum. "Should've known better than to use it to try to hide my..." he said, his voice lowering with each word, until he merely mumbled "...exotic magazines."

Finally calmed down and feeling beaten, Hamilton simply got on his computer, heading to his favorite forum on Pumpkineaters.com. A lot of people were having trouble with this Sylladex, and lots of people had asked for a guide on how to consistently beat it. As much as he'd refuse to acknowledge it now, Hamilton saw an opportunity to prove himself on the forum, maybe even become a moderator, when his guardian suggested it, bringing back memories of the thread. "But I let them all down..." he grumbled, going back to his oh-so-promising post to report his failure to the people he was sure had been posting to cheer him on.

As he opened it, though, what he found was something different. "What's this? Some guy advertising some other random thread in here? Psh, time to report that crap." he thought dismissively, but he couldn't help but skim through it. "Wait, what is this about...?" he thought aloud, "... Sburb?..."

---------------------


Image

"Hm, maybe if I just... throw the money at the robot, it'll tip over." Shammy thought aloud, tapping the robot on her card. However, that just enraged it, causing it to shoot everything, leading to the card simply flashing "WRONG" in big, red letters. "Oh, well." she said, giggling to herself a little, "Can't win 'em all. Guess I won't be ordering anything today."

The cashier behind the counter, here at the Dairy Queen, simply groaned, motioning for Shammy to move along.

Not quite ready to go home, Shammy simply sat at a nearby table, choosing to just relax for a few minutes. "Mother'll be disappointed I didn't get anything to eat, but eh, what can you do?" she mumbled to herself as she leaned back.

As she sat there, though, she picked up on a conversation some girls at a table behind her were having. Something about a game, and some website... That did sound pretty fun...

Without another thought, Shammy quickly sprang up, suddenly next to the girls' table in one quick motion, spouting "That sounds really fun! Can I join? My brother could come too! He plays a lot of games, so I'm sure he could help a lot! We could have tons of adventures! It'd be awesome! And..."

She fell to silence as she realized the girls were all just staring at her awkwardly, not moving or saying a word.

After a few moments, they simply turned away from her, ignoring her entirely, and continuing their conversation.

"Well... alright... have fun anyways..." Shammy muttered, defeated, as she sulked away.

---------------------


"SHAM! SHAM!" the brother shouted excitedly.

"HAMMY! HAMMY!" the sister shouted simultaneously, having just run in eagerly.

"There's this game I found, and you can play it with a bunch of people make friends with them, and, I mean, it's not like I'm not popular on Pumpkin Eater or anything, I could totally get a bunch of friends from there, but, I figured I should get someone I know offline, and you're always wanting to join my games anyways, so I figured..." Hamilton went on, completely ignoring what Shammy was saying.

Always one to return the favor, Shammy completely ignored Hamilton as well, cheerfully following up in unison with "I heard about this game from some people, and I know you love games, and we could play it together and meet other people, and go on all kinds of crazy adventures, and it'd be super awesome!"

"Wait," the siblings said together, "what game are you talking about?"

A pause.

"Sburb."

"Well," the two continued, still in perfect sync, "there's no more time to waste, let's sign up!"

And thus, the two were off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
Alex Spence is at home, waiting for the game he preordered to be delivered by air-mail. The boy had dark, messy hair and a grey tank-top with a bulls-eye target on it with shorts.

So boooored, he thought, sitting in his room doing nothing. He grabbed his baseball bat and made sure not to captchalogue, knowing that getting it out when he needed it would be much harder than carrying it. All a growing boy needs to !#%$ !#%$ up. He ran down stairs and past a screen when it blinked on.

On the screen was a silent figure, with a face framed in shadow. It was hard to get details on his face, but what was distinct was his short, black hair and beard. He wore glasses which seemed to either be illuminated by the screen, or back-lit.

"I'm just going HUNTING, THE MANLIEST OF SPORTS, until my package arrives, Father." Alex said, holding up the baseball bat as if it were something a hunter would carry. The screen blinked off. He assumed he had permission. His dad was sometimes mysterious like that.

He exited the large mansion through the fancy double doors and was greeted by a flood of light. He shielded his eyes looking toward the sun and high treetops, not able to help but get a sense of deja vu. Alex opened the gate and ventured deeper into the jungle.

Though he was only fifteen he loved the thrill of the hunt, the near death experiences of fighting wild beasts. He hears them stalking them in the distance, an astuteness born from years of hunting. A twig breaks but he only glances in that direction. Then a jaguar leaps out towards him, claws stretched ready to pounce. Crack! As he hits it across the face with his bat. It reels back but then stands on its hind legs, intimidatingly tall, and brings its claws down. He holds his bat up with both and catches the full weight of the cat, each struggling for superiority. Using this opportunity he sweeps his leg and kicks the jaguar. Down and out, he brings his weapon of choice down on the animals skull. It was down for the count.

Yet Alex knew something more lurked in the jungle. More horrible than any beast or jungle cat. Bears ran in fear of them. And as horrible as they were on their own they almost always came in numbers. He girlishly screamed as the monkeys came down on him. He will best them one day.

---

Ali'phonthev sat staring at her computer screen in the dark, steel room. The girl had long, white hair and wore a dark green t shirt dress with a black slit eye and red pupil on it. Also, her skin was grey. This might be worth mentioning.

Today, 8/15, is her birthday, and guess what, she just turned 15 years old! Since her Father doesn't celebrate her birthday she just decided to spend her day talking to her online friends, who have been incredibly hyped for a new video game. Ali doesn't know much about the game and she usually only plays JRPGs so shes hoping she will enjoy it. She had told her friends she wouldn't be able to get the game as Father told her she couldn't but just a few days ago she convinced him to pre-order it and as soon as it arrives she plans on surprising her friends.

Spoiler: click to show
sailorWonderful [SW] responded to memo.
rainbowSurprise [RS] responded to memo.
catgirlCutie [CC] responded to memo.
desuEnough [DE] responded to memo.
counterfeitOrigins [CO] responded to memo.
RS: And thats when he used Lightning Tickle and just barely beat the normal minion.
SW: omg! thats so cool i wish i had a boyfriend like him.
CC: Hes so dreamy <3
DE: hiiii CO whats up? btw happy birthday!
CO: not much and thanks. did the new extremely adequate soldier rax come out today?
SW: yea. i havent seen it yet + happy birthday.
CO: sugoi.
DE: i kno rite? super sugoi!!!!
RS: I think I'm the only one who has seen it so far. Best episode yet!
CO: so girls, are you about to play that new game? what was it?
CC: Sburb and it looks pretty fun <3
CO: hee hee hee. oh i wouldn't know anything about it. it's not like i'm getting it or anything.
SW: lol that sounded weird.
CO: oh shut up! when are you starting anyway?
RS: Soon actually. All of us have it installed or are installing it. Sorry you can't play. ):
CC: Your dads a baka </3
CO: wait hes calling me right now. don't play yet okay... i want to be around to watch?
DE: haha ok
counterfeitOrigins [CO] stopped responding to memo.


Ali looked at the screen her father appeared on, and it blinked off. I guess he wants to do some testing.

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 22
Your name is CLOE WOLINS. Right now, you are waiting to hear from some friends that wish for you to play a POPULAR NEW GAME with them. Though they may have obtained by ILLGEALLY PIRATING it, you can never turn down a good CASUAL GAME. If it’s anything like those DRESS-UP or SIMPLE PARTY GAMES, you know you’ll enjoy it! Growing up, you were an avid fan of FAMILY SITCOMS and other FEELGOOD SHOWS and MOVIES from the 80’s and 90’s. However, this does not stop you from enjoying a variety of newer Medias, especially if it will help you in your INTENSEIVE STUDY of the POPULAR CROWD.

You study the cultural phenomenon of POPULAR KIDS, otherwise known as COOLKIDS. Through your constant ALMOST OBBSESIVE studying, you believe you are close to IDENTIYING THE GENETIC CODE needed to be cool. Although, you doubt you will ever work with DNA in any way whatsoever when you are older, so you have no way to use such a discovery.

You occasionally dabble in the fine art of CHEERLEADING, despite never being accepted onto the team time and time again. However, that won’t stop you, as you love PEP and ENCOURAGING PEOPLE far too much! Oh how fun it is to see a smile put on the faces of those that are POPULARITY CHALLENEGED. If you finish your research, perhaps one day all children will be popular! Truly, making LIVES BETTER for everyone is a goal worthy of your time. It hurts to see so many non-popular people, in fact people consider them ROGUE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until your friends contact you, you should worry about getting everything in order. You just finished your DAILY CHEER PRACTICE. One day you'll make the team, Cloe! You just gotta believe!

It's time the clean up though. You CAPTCHALOGUE your pom poms and outfit, walk to your closet, and begin a to hum a small cheer.

This outfit is so very cute, anyone that disagrees will get the boot! Bam, both of them are put away. You take a moment to admire the POSTER on your wall.

Image
Talk about a makeover! You WISH you could pull that off with someone.


Now that that's over with, where are your friends? They should have contacted you by now! You sure scored big with this one! These are pretty dang popular kids that asked you to play with them. If you play your cards right, you may move up three whole POPULARUNGS. Heck, you may be asked to sit at their table during lunch! That would be a huge change from where you sit now! ....Which is alone.

B-By choice of course. You like to observe and try to find new PROJECTS to coolify! Most people you ask just tend to GIVE YOU A RUDE GESTURE, however. Ah well, that's on them!

Now, what system was this game on? You look around at your MANY NINTENDO SYSTEMS. Your brother hands them down to you. One might think it's weird that he only gets Nintendo, but they are the cutest and most fun! I mean, Mario Party AND Cooking Mama? Helllloooooo. Man, you sure love telling all those boys on forums how you love playing video games and how they shouldn't be intimidated by you being a girl. Did you mention you're a girl? That plays video games? Because you are. And you do.

Oh, right, it was a PC game they said. Like, Solitaire or something? Hopefully more fun than that silly game.

You turn to your pretty laptop sitting at the desk. Right below another one of your favorite posters.

Image
He would be your biggest project... Ah, one can dream.


Well, all posters are your favorite but that's besides the point!

You guess all that's left to do right now is to sit and wait for those popular kids to contact you.

What could go wrong?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: :33 < MY SHIPS ARE PURRFECT, PAWLESS, WITHOUT P33R
A hooded boy, not even over the age of 15, entered an empty bank, slowly walking towards the middle of the front lobby. He surveyed the area quickly, taking count of how many guards there were in the room, where the vault was, the distance between the vault and the front counter, and some other minor things. He then ducked into the bathroom. After a few minutes of him not exiting the restroom, two guards got curious and entered to find the man gone, his clothes on the ground. The bank shut down to search for the missing man, but not before the hooded man exited the bank, wearing completely different clothes, and carrying 3 large duffel bags which were suspiciously full.

The man looked up at the sun, smiling slightly. The sun felt nice on his face. It had been a long time since he had been able to step outside during the day, even if only for a bit. He heard sirens, and sighed, taking one last look at the sun before ducking his head and walking away from the bank. He vanished down some side roads, moving with agility that most normal people only dream about, weaving in and out of crowds of people, before coming to an abandoned cathedral. He easily climbed up to a window that most people wouldn't even consider trying to enter through because it was so small, and squeezed through it with no hassles.

YOUR NAME IS JACK, and you just conducted a successful BANK HEIST for A LARGE SUM OF MONEY. You open the first bag, spreading the money on the floor of the cathedral as you walk towards where you have set up your room. You only wanted two bags, the third bag was just because you had a particular beef with that bank. Climbing up into a hidden area of the cathedral, you step into a large open space where perhaps a lot of secret objects had once been held. For now, all it holds is your worldly possessions. Strewn across the floor was a variety of different currency from different countries. In a large pile off to the right were two large piles of treasures, one for jewels and other uncomfortable objects, and one for gold coins and chains. You liked to lay in that pile and roll around in your treasures. You threw your BAGS OF CASH onto the ground, and flop down onto your pile of treasure, letting out a long sigh as you rolled around in it, trying to ignore the fact that your computer was going crazy with messages from people. You could hear it from over here, the telltale sign of your HORRIBLE ROUTER almost dying while trying to stay connected to the internet.

You get up reluctantly and walk over to your computer, coins falling out of your clothes with every step. You don't really want to talk to any of the other two !#%$ you know, you just want to talk to one person right now. Luckily, the one person you DO want to talk to is online and messaging you as well.

Spoiler: click to show
[CG] began messaging abscondingHazard [AH]

CG: HEY ARE YOU THERE?
CG: MY VIEWPORT IS ALL !#%$ UP AGAIN AND I CAN'T SEE YOU.
CG: I ASSUME YOU ARE MAKING DUMB FACES LIKE ALWAYS, OR ARE COMPLETELY NAKED LIKE LAST TIME.
CG: I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ACTUALLY, I'LL JUST ASSUME YOU SAW ME CHATTING YOU UP AND IMMEDIATELY GOT NAKED TO GET READY FOR ME.
CG: !#%$ YOU AREN'T ANSWERING.
CG: LISTEN, WE REALLY NEED TO TALK.
CG: AND NOT JUST OUR NORMAL TALKING SESSIONS.
CG: AS MUCH AS I LOOK FORWARD TO THOSE.

AH:*The thief silently stands outside your window, curious about your inquiries*
AH: *He creeps into your room, slowly getting closer to you*

CG: NO, WAIT.
CG: DAMMIT.

AH: ?
CG: AS MUCH AS I ENJOY OUR RP SHENANIGANS, I REALLY NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.
AH: Oh damn this is serious you never turn down my thief in the window bit.
CG: LOOK, YOU ARE GOING TO GO PLAY A GAME WITH SOME PEOPLE AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME AND YOU'LL MAKE SOME FRIENDS AND SOME PEOPLE WILL DIE, ETC.
CG: BUT YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THAT, NO MATTER WHAT, YOU PROMISED ME SOMETHING WHEN WE FIRST STARTED MESSAGING.
CG: DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT THAT WAS?

AH: YEAH, I remember. You drilled it into my head. KEPT MESSENGING ME ALL THE !#%$ TIME ABOUT IT. I DONT EVEN WNAT TO REPEAT IT I'LL JUST GET ULTRA PISSED REMEMBERING.
AH: What's this game called anyway?

CG: IT WILL BE DIFFERENT FOR YOU. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE CALLED SBURB, IT WAS SGRUB FOR ME, WHO KNOWS. ANYWAY, GO TO A SITE CALLED !#%$.COM.
AH: Whoa whats this CG are you linking me to porn now? Are we taking this online thing to the next level? When are you going to send me badly filtered images of your naked ass you took with your webcam?
CG: !#%$ YOU MY ASS IS FANTASTIC IN ANY FILTER. ANYWAY, ON THAT SITE YOU WILL GET YOUR GAME. SPECIFICALLY YOUR GAME, SO DON'T HAND THAT LINK OUT TO ANYONE ELSE.
AH: YEAH ALRIGHT I GOT IT jesus
CG: ONCE YOU SET UP THE DOWNLOAD, WHICH WILL TAKE !#%$ FOREVER FOR YOU BY THE WAY, YOU NEED TO GO TO 815SBURB.TFR112.ORG. THIS WILL BE THE SITE YOU USE TO CONNECT TO OTHER PLAYERS.
AH: Neat. Why are the names of these so !#%$ up?
CG: GOOD QUESTION. LISTEN, I'VE GOT TO GO. I WILL BE BACK HOPEFULLY, BUT NOT BEFORE YOU ENTER THE GAME. GOOD LUCK.
AH: Wait !#%$ I still have questions and also we didn't get to RP or anything.

[CG] stopped messaging abscondingHazard [AH]


After setting up the site, you notice that the download will take a ridiculous amount of time, and you leave it alone. You open the second site, and all that pops up is a small window that says "Waiting for other connections..." You lean back in your seat, staring at the two other icons that are trying to get your attention. You really don't feel like talking to them right now. You get up and walk over to the mini-fridge to see what snacks you...oh, it's empty. Well, now you know what to use the money on.

You take a moment to check your STRIFE SPECIBUS to make sure that your CLAWKIND card is equipped, and then you make sure you equip your CLAWS before grabbing some cash and bundling up your hoodie again. You decide that before you can talk to either of those other asshats you need a full belly and some booze in your system.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:09 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
Ali stopped testing and then returned to chatting with her friends for a while.

Both Alex and Ali heard a plane fly over head and saw it drop a package in the jungle. Ali was scared to go outside because her father tells her she has a skin condition affected by light but is surprised when shes fine. They both run into each other while picking up their games.

Spoiler: click to show
audaciousPrizefighter [AP] began pestering counterfeitOrigins [CO]

AP: Sup.
CO: eeeee, don't hurt me.
AP: I'm not here to hurt you. Is this your game?
CO: y-yes...
AP: Well, if you don't have a session you should join mine.
audaciousPrizefighter [AP] sent counterfeitOrigins [CO] the file "!#%$.txt"
CO: i already have a session.
AP: Well, plans don't always work out. And if it doesn't, just follow the instructions I wrote on that.
CO: i... have to get back now.
AP: Me too. See you around, hopefully.

audaciousPrizefighter [AP] ceased pestering counterfeitOrigins [CO]


((OOC: I had a good length posting going, but then I accidentally got signed out and lost it so I just wrote a tl;dr version of it because I got mad.))

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:15 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1235
Location: Neptune
"Connection complete." the two screens read in unison.
Spoiler: click to show
trivialCelebration [TC] responded to OMEM.
extremeVelocity [EV] responded to OMEM.

TC: oh man oh man are you guys ready to play a game!
EV: I'm sure there's only one thing to do, and that's to GET THIS STARTED! Assuming you guys are ready, of course.


The two sat idly at their computers, anxiously waiting to begin, even if they had very little idea of what they were to be doing. It was then, though, that an all-too-familiar message popped up.

Spoiler: click to show
mavenEnigma [ME] forced extremeVelocity [EV] and trivialCelebration [TC] to respond to memo on board QUALITY FAMILY TIME.

ME: Dare I ask what venture you two are partaking in on this fine Augustian night?
EV: Oh dad, stop acting like we have a choice in whether or not we tell you.
ME: You shan't need jump to the defensive; I know better than even the most grand scholar of the mind that I can trust such a duo to not fraternize with any aspects of unscrupulous conduct.
EV: Uh huh, which is why you're set up to see everything our computers do...
ME: A mere precaution against vandals of the cyber variety!
TC: its nothing to worry about mom! its just some game we heard about where we can make friends!
ME: And I trust this game has been approved and rated by various respected boards of the virtual industry?
EV: Nah man, it's BRAND NEW, NOT EVEN ON THE SHELVES YET!
EV: THIS BABY'S GONNA BREAK BOUNDARIES WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED!
EV: Oh, and a bunch of people are using it to make friends and stuff.

TC: yeah its gonna be awesome!
ME: If I were to hazard a guess that this social entertainment were to transmit things like one's true identity or the latitude and longitude of one's location, would I be correct?
TC: well i mean i guess we dont much know it about...
EV: Man, you of all people should understand the importance of testing things out! WHERE WOULD SCIENCE BE IF NOT FOR THE DARING EXPERIMENTATION?
EV: WHERE WOULD SCIENCE BE IF THEY FORGOT ABOUT THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE AFRAID OF BLACK HOLES?
EV: WHERE WOULD SCIENCE BE IF PAVLOV FEARED THE BELL WOULD MAKE THE DOG RABID AND ATTACK HIM?
EV: WHERE WOULD SCIENCE BE IF NEWTON STOPPED DROPPING APPLES ON HIS HEAD IN FEAR OF A CONCUSSION?!
EV: Plus, we can just quit if it's lame or something, and we both know you'll be watching to see if it tries to do anything shady with our computers.

ME: While that does hold some merit, scientific endeavors should never be pursued without the appropriate knowledge and precautions. Regardless, I suppose your last point rings true--my eyes and systems both can assuredly protect you from true harm, but I'd prefer if you are capable of watching out for yourselves. I won't always be around to guard you from the horrorian dangers that may lay around each corner.
TC: well please make an exception just this once!
TC: just think of all the friends we could make!
TC: i mean youre an awesome parent and everything but kids need friends too!

ME: I suppose you are right on this day. Whilst this seems far from the ideal method of obtaining friendly acquaintances, I will leave you adolescences to do as you wish.
EV: By which you mean watch our every move.
ME: Well, such is only natural at this stage.
EV: Whatever, good enough for me.
ME: Your complacency is appreciated. Take care, you two.
EV: Yeah, yeah, see you later, dad.
EV stopped responding to memo.
TC: we will love ya mom bye!
TC stopped responding to memo.

ME closed memo.


With that distraction aside, the two quickly looked back to the first group chat, memo, thing, to see what they had missed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: :33 < MY SHIPS ARE PURRFECT, PAWLESS, WITHOUT P33R
Jack slowly looked around his room to make sure everything was right, and his eyes fell on a section of his wall that looked no different from the others. He walked over to it, knocking off the FAKE PANEL to reveal his ANYKIND card, the rarest card in the STRIFE SPECIBUS. He looked at is, feeling as though the game he was about to play would attract unwanted attention, so he EQUIPPED it, replacing the empty panel with his CLAWKIND CARD, and covering it again.

Jack took one last look around his room before walking out of his room, ignoring the new memo that popped up on his computer.
Spoiler: click to show
trivialCelebration [TC] responded to OMEM.
extremeVelocity [EV] responded to OMEM.

TC: oh man oh man are you guys ready to play a game!
EV: I'm sure there's only one thing to do, and that's to GET THIS STARTED! Assuming you guys are ready, of course.
abscondingHazard [AH] responded to OMEM.
abscondingHazard [AH] is an idle chum!


Jack grabbed some cash off the floor of the cathedral before exiting it, rejoining the flow of people who were walking up and down the street. He skid his right hand into his hoodie's front pouch, using his left to make sure his hood was secure. He ducked into a bar, his favorite dive, and quickly moved to the back, where there was a guard who glared at him until he realized who he was, and stepped aside. Jack walked into the room, and sat down.

Spoiler: click to show
abscondingHazard [AH] has joined GAME : Texas Hold-Em
AH: So boys, what's the buy in?
SH: pretty big stakes kid
AH: I'm good for it.
FH: Alright then, deal him in.
SH: whatever
TG: HeY KiD, YoU WanT TO HelP ME, FloaT ME SomE ChipS
SH: !#%$ you travis, get your own money
AH: HEY !#%$, no need to get snippy with anyone. Just so happens I can lend him the money for it.
TG: WoW, WherE DiD YoU GeT AlL ThiS CasH?
AH: Found it
SH: haha i can drink to that
FH: Word.


The group got comfortable, the heist money quickly transferring hands. Not that anyone actually cared where the money came from. Jack ordered a few beers, and got comfortable, quickly forgetting about the game he had waiting for him.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 1231
Location: TECH SAUCE
You are Ron Norris, and on your way to your room, you've survived another onslaught of traps with only a few minor cuts and bruises. The old man has gotten more cunning in his designs lately. The spiked crusher in the hallway is now the least of your worries when there's a bomb in the fridge disguised as a water dispenser, and infectious diseases in the water supply, so that you have to use it.

You're incredibly thankful that the guy's so ancient he hasn't learned how to code real world events. If he ever figures it out it would surely bring the end of the world. Then again, he is preparing for it, but you try not to connect those thoughts. It's probably one of his many psychological traps he's set up for you, and the last thing you need is more psychological problems.

You get on your computer in the only safe-haven he's allowed you: your room. He's promised never to tread inside your room or set up any traps within it, and while he may be a psychopathic, paranoid madman, he's a man of his word. You remember the time he said he would save you a sandwich after the 50th time you tried to escape, and after a week of fending off trap after trap, he was standing there waiting for you, with the sandwich still perfectly preserved.

Well enough reminiscing, time to get down to business.

Today is the day you make your big escape. Giant mouse traps, bi-symmetrical lasers, and poison-ivy labyrinths are no match for "vidja james."

_________________
Image
ImageImageImage
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?" -Psalms 27:1a


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:06 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
Ali got her games out of the crate and looked at the note the stranger had given her. It contained two web addresses, !#%$.com and 815sburb.tfr112.org. Very odd websites, she thought before she realized that she needed to be getting back before Father realized she was gone.

Once she got home she immediately got on pesterchum with her online friends.

Spoiler: click to show
counterfeitOrigins [CO] responded to memo on board Super Sugoi Kawaii Kingdom.

SW: omgomgomg i just prototyped my extremely adequate soldier rax figurine
SW: now hes talking to me ~squeeeeeeee~

CO: oh, hi! what are you talking about?
RS: Hey... Sorry...
RS: We started the game with out you.

DE: this one guy who talked weird told us you couldnt answer right now and said to go on without you
CO: i never told anyone to say that...
CO: and... i wanted to surprise you guys.
CO: i just got the game in the mail. i actually did order it.

CC: Thats so sugoi <3
CC: But we already completed the chain and I dont think more people can join now. </3

DE: we were all sad that you couldnt join cause this game is AMAZING!
DE: at least you can experience the game now! You just have to find someone to connect with

CO: i might be able to do that...


She looked at the note she was given. It was very lucky she got this. She wondered if whoever told them to go on with out her set this up. Was this Father's doing? She installed the disks and accessed both of the websites.

Spoiler: click to show
trivialCelebration [TC] responded to OMEM.
extremeVelocity [EV] responded to OMEM.

TC: oh man oh man are you guys ready to play a game!
EV: I'm sure there's only one thing to do, and that's to GET THIS STARTED! Assuming you guys are ready, of course.
abscondingHazard [AH] responded to OMEM.
abscondingHazard [AH] is an idle chum!
audaciousPrizefighter responded to OMEM
AP: Hey are you ready to WIN?!
counterfeitOrigins [CO] responded to OMEM
CO: umm hi, my last group started with out me and then someone gave me this address.
CO: i can be a little kuudere sometimes i hope you guys don't mind.

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 22
Your computer suddenly makes a small ping sound! This made you jump, luckily no one was looking.

You bring up your chat client and see it was the friend you were waiting for. About time.

Spoiler: click to show
-- trendyTrent [TT] began pestering gamerGrrrl [GG]--

[TT]: hey clare
[GG]: Cloe.
[TT]: whe'ver. need to talk to you about that game
[GG]: Yes! I've been waiting to hear from you. I can't wait to start with everyone.
[GG]: Are the minigames hard? You'll give me a handicap right?
[TT]: yeah about that
[GG]: Also, do I need to learn any rules about it? I can get a summary and all, can't I?
[TT]: are you even listening
[GG]: I mean it isn't that I can't read, I just don't want to read a bunch of boring rules.
[GG]: I rather go out right away and have fun, learn how I go, you know?
[TT]: clem
[GG]: It's Cloe.
[TT]: ok yeah
[TT]: look i'm trying to tell you we can't take you anymore.
[GG]: WHAT?! But... why? You said it would be us and 6 others and all!
[TT]: its not like we planned this but
[TT]: this game is a lot more serious than we thought
[TT]: we didn't know when we started it up but we had to close the chain after a close call
[TT]: sally even died
[GG]: That's not nice!
[TT]: what
[GG]: Kicking me out just because the game is a bit harder than you thought. >:C
[TT]: thats not what i mean
[GG]: And who cares if someone lost a life already, I could be good at the game, you don't know! Sally probably had like 3 more.
[TT]: godammit listen
[TT]: sorry about this but i mean in real life
[TT]: the game made stuff fall from the sky and kill sally in real life
[GG]: ...What?
[TT]: yeah this is some cursed !#%$
[TT]: everyone got close to death. the game saved our lives but we had to close the chain meaning no new players
[GG]: For real?? I mean, that's a joke right?
[GG]: What about me then? Am I just going to die because you couldn't fit me in your stupid game?
[TT]: were really sorry but it had to be done
[GG]: But...
[GG]: I was looking forward to this! We could of hung out after!
[GG]: I thought I was going to sit at the cool kids table finally.
[TT]: !#%$ we only invited you because you said you liked games so much and drew had to bail
[TT]: you werent going to sit at our table or anything
[GG]: ...
[TT]: look im sorry again but
[TT]: i recommend playing the game with some other group to save your life
[TT]: i got to get back to my client player now
[GG]: You guys are jerks...
[TT]: see you around maybe cleo
[GG]: IT'S. CLOE.

-- gamerGrrrl [GG] blocked trendyTrent [TT] --


O. M. G. you just blocked one of the cool kids from school!!! What are you going to do now? How will you EVER get popular?
Oh. And I guess more importantly... WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW TO LIVE?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: :33 < MY SHIPS ARE PURRFECT, PAWLESS, WITHOUT P33R
A crowd had gathered, and Jack had the biggest stack of cash at the table. He casually smirked as he pushed his whole pile into the middle of the table, forcing everyone to go all in, and then showed his hand.

Spoiler: click to show
AH: Full House, Aces full of Kings. I win again.
SH: what the !#%$
SH: thats !#%$
SH: thats the third time in a row

AH: !#%$ YOU !#%$, FORK IT OVER. Or are you accusing me of something?
SH: i aint said nothin
SH: take your !#%$ scratch im out


With that, all the players at the table got up, collecting their winnings, and then they all separated to go their own ways. Jack brought his winnings up to the bar, getting several bottles of whiskey, all different types. He thanked the bartender, and walked out to go to the shop across the street. Jack browsed the shelves, looking for something interesting, finally settling on some sushi ramen noodles and some sushi packets. He also grabbed several bottles of milk. He left the store, checking to make sure all his stuff was tucked into a bag in his captchalogue deck. Jack looked around, then decided that he wanted to get back to see if CG was contacting him again.

He walked into his room, managing to wrestle his bag out of his captchalogue deck, and threw it into his mini fridge. He then sat down at his computer. Ignoring the memo, he navigated over to the other two chats to see who was talking to him.

Spoiler: click to show
abscondingHazard[AH] is getting trolled by [AT]

AT: hEY, uHHHH,,,,
AT: i JUST WANTED YOU TO, uHHHH, kNOW,,,,
AT: rEALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO, uHHHH,,,, sHOW UP IN THE GAME,
AT: bYE,,,,,,,,


[AT] has ceased trolling abscondingHazard[AH]


You really don't want to talk to AT right now, and besides, AT is offline now. You get the feeling that AT is trying to hit on you constantly, but you really aren't interested. You pop open the second chat to see who oh god this asshat.

Spoiler: click to show
abscondingHazard[AH] is getting trolled by [TC]

TC: hey !#%$
TC: I SAID !#%$ HELLO
TC: must be pretty nice to know
TC: ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE GOING TO BE !#%$ DEAD BEFORE YOU GET INTO THE GAME
TC: you hear me
TC: DEAD

AH: !#%$ YOU !#%$, YOU !#%$ PSYCHOPATH. I'M NOT IN THE MOOD
TC: surprise, i don't give a !#%$
TC: WHAT YOUR !#%$ MOOD IS !#%$
TC: cg over here really digs you huh
TC: !#%$ TALKS ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME
TC: i cant wait to !#%$ cut cg's throat
TC: SPILL THAT BLOOD ALL OVER MY !#%$ SCYTHE

AH: !#%$ OFF

abscondingHazard[AH] has blocked [TC]


Jesus !#%$ you hate that guy. Always contacting you about AT and CG and telling you about how much they like you and how they are going to die. !#%$ you really don't need to hear. The instant you meet this guy, you think you will beat the !#%$ out of them.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 22
Okay. Okay. Calm down. You can figure this out. Maybe you can play the game yourself! Yeah, imagine th-- no wait you need help at least, that's why you were going to play with "friends"...

You could always ask your BROTHER, but he just holes up in his room all the time...

What if yo--

You stop yourself short as you look on the computer. It seems someone is messaging you. How odd, you don't even see a name.

Spoiler: click to show
My, my, quite a situation you find yourself
Tossed aside to your companions' campaign.
Your hopes of survival dashed to pieces?
[GG]: Who the hell is this?! Is this you, Brad?
[GG}: That is so mean, you guys already left me behind.

I'm afraid I don't know of a Brad, but I assume he was one of your now-former associates, hm?
[GG]: Well... Yes but in that case, who ARE you?
Hah, I am but a small flash of light in a dark future.
Your glimmer of hope in the twinkling of an eye.
[GG]: My finger is on the block button, !#%$.
Now now, I see you sit there like a greyhound in slips.
You were ready to play your game of destiny, but you were suddenly separated from your destined game.
[GG]: Are you just mocking me or are you going somewhere with this? I need to figure out what to do!
A mistress shocked through their core in a bid of desperation.
The long and short of it. The plain truth.
Your connections have all fell short.
As well as your time, as you say.
[GG]: Can you help me or not? I don't need this Shakespeare in my face! I only got a C in English, okay?
It depends.
What. Is your name?
[GG]: My name? Cloe.
[GG]: There, that's more information than anything you gave ME so far.

What. Is your quest?
[GG]: Uhh, to LIVE?
What...is your favorite color?
[GG]: Purple.
[GG]: Wait why am I answering this, how will THIS help me?

Ah, hang on a moment.
There. Does this help calm your nerves against me?
[GG]: I.... suppose?
Very good.
My associate has informed me that to instill confidence in someone's words, they must engage in a conversation.
So.
How are you doing?

[GG]: Oh I'm just fine. Wonderful weather. Aside from the DEATH falling from the sky if I don't get help NOW.
Ah.
That's nice.
It's mostly green outside.
Good weather, really.

[GG]: That's it. You're wasting my time. You have to be!
[GG]: I should just go.

You think me to be mad?
[GG]: A bit! That or a giant jerk.
[GG]: Why are you even talking to me if you aren't helping?

Because despite my outward appearance, I have a method to my madness.
You want to live, yes?

[GG]: Yes.
Then I can help you.
[GG]: How? Are you asking me to play that game with YOU?
Hah. I am too busy to play any sort of game with anyone.
In case you hadn't noticed, I am not one who gets to socialize often.

[GG]: Oh, really, it doesn't show. :l
Well, it is of little consequence as to my current outlook.
As I told you, my weather is fine if a bit cloudy.
Whilst it seems you've seen better days.
I think you need this more than I.

[GG]: Need what then? How can you help?
It just so happens that I have a golden ticket, as it were, to the factory.
A session for this game that you were robbed.

[GG]: So it is a session... But you aren't going to be in it? Are you already in one and safe then?
I am currently in a very advantageous position.
My...presence does not require playing a game for survival.
So no, I don't need to be in it.
Your concern is touching, though.

[GG]: Yeah... No problem... Anyways, how can I get in touch with these people?
Ah ah ahhh.
In these certain situations, where one is outrageously under duress, it is common for one side to manipulate the other for their own goals

[GG]: What?! You want me to do something for you to save my life? That's so... low!
[GG]: Argh, I guess I have no choice... What do you want?

It isn't as horrid as you may think.
More like a promise that you include with this new session's players
That you will assist me when the time has come
To give the Devil his due

[GG]: Help you with something in the future? So I'll hear from you again later...
[GG]: Fine, deal. It better not be something perverted though.

Perish the thought!
Very well, then, we proverbially sign in blood, dotting the Is, crossing the Ts.

[GG]: Whatever. Tell me how to contact them now!
Very well, then.
!#%$.com and 815sburb.tfr112.org
These are the links you need.

[GG]: ............
........
Anyway, the second link should be the chat room where you will meet your new friends.

[GG]: And the first?
I believe that is for downloading the game
I swear it is

[GG]: Alright. Uh... Thanks, I guess.
My pleasure.
It was nice to meet you, Miss Cloe.

[GG]: Oh, I never got your name, what was it?
Ah, yes, I forgot about this.
I don't really need a denomination.
For now, you can just call me
A ghost.

[GG]: Weirdo.


Well, you might as well chat to your.... newly found teammates as this "ZIP" thing works. What ever that means.

Spoiler: click to show
gamerGrrrl [GG] responded to OMEM.
[GG]: Uhm, hello. Nice to meet you all, I'm Cloe. Someone told me to join this so I can play that game with you all.
[GG]: I hope that's okay.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1235
Location: Neptune
Spoiler: click to show
extremeVelocity [EV] and trivialCelebration [TC] is still responding to OMEM.

EV: Yes! All are welcome aboard! NOW WE CAN GET THIS STARTED!
EV: FRIENDSHIPS THAT'LL LAST THROUGH THE AGES!
EV: RELATIONSHIPS UNBOUNDED BY TIME!
EV: THIS GAME'S PERILS WILL BE OBLITERATED BY OUR HANDS!

TC: yeah! all those things you said!!
TC: but uh
TC: how do we exactly even this start...

EV: Well, it's simple, you just...
EV: Uh...
EV: Click the start button thing there, and, something should happen, right?
EV: Just gotta... wait on the server player apparently. Yes. That is a thing that you do.

TC: okay cool!!
TC: so uh
TC: whats a server player

EV: Yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
Spoiler: click to show
audaciousPrizefighter [AP] and counterfeitOrigins [CO] are still responding to OMEM.

AP: Man, suckers, what are we WAITING for? It feels like we've been sitting here for months. I think someone needs to connect to someone for this to begin, doesn't even matter who.
CO: kochi desu yo
AP: ...What?
CO: ...huh? oh nothing just spacing out
AP: Ooooookay then.
CO: (desu)

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: :33 < MY SHIPS ARE PURRFECT, PAWLESS, WITHOUT P33R
Jack leaned back in his chair, frowning at his computer. He suddenly didn't feel like he was in the mood for video games. He quickly looked at the chat, shaking his head at all the idiots, and quickly responded to the chat.

Spoiler: click to show
abscondingHazard [AH] is responding to OMEM.
abscondingHazard [AH] is an active chum!
AH: You guys are !#%$ useless, literally sitting here waiting for a !#%$ game you couldn't be bothered to buy.
AH: I was pretty psyched about not playing this game, and now...
AH: WAIT !#%$ I'M STILL NOT INTERESTED IN THIS GAME!!!
AH: Some !#%$ online RPG !#%$ with gay elves and whatever, I dont gvie a !#%$.
abscondingHazard's [AH's]
head is now in his computer!


Glass shards and sparks flew from the computer screen as Jack struggled to get free from the hand that was shoving his face into the computer. Jack suddenly stood up, kicking his chair back into the person behind him, finally breaking free. Jack then quickly whipped around, slashing the assailant's throat.

Jack held his face, feeling around for something to clean himself up. He wiped his face with a shirt off of the floor, pulling glass pieces out as he looked at his broken screen. The screen was trashed. Not that it mattered too much, he could easily replace the screen. Jack turned to look at the girl who had attacked him. She wasn't that old, probably lured here by some ass from that game. Whatever, didn't matter much now. He dropped the shirt over her face, and then captchalogued her body, making a mental note to dispose of it later.

Jack walked over to a mirror, and took note of the burns on his face from the screen. He waited a few moments, and walked over to one of the bottles of booze he picked up, dumping some on another shirt and dabbing it on his face while he also drank from the bottle. He felt his skin slowly start to heal over itself, and figured his face would be better in a few hours.

The joys of being a mutant freak.

Jack put the bottle down, and picked up a phone.

Spoiler: click to show
abscondingHazard [AH] is making a call.
AH: hey. we need to meet.
SS: where, when
AH: the usual place, 2 hours. can you get me a
SS: computer screen?
AH: Never know how you do that. Yeah, bring me one that won't !#%$ break when someone slams my head into it. also, be ready to dispose of some things.
SS: yeah yeah. see you.
SS has hung up.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1235
Location: Neptune
Shammy was simply sitting there, her hand placed quizzically over her chin as she stared at the chat window, as if that would somehow help her come up with a solution.

Fortunately, it was at that moment that another window popped up.
Spoiler: click to show
-- counterfeitOrigins [CO] began pestering trivialCelebration [TC] --

CO: konichiwa
TC: oh hello
TC: i think?
CO: do you even know what were doing with this game? you seemed knowledgeable
CO: ...is it a jrpg?
TC: i do?
CO: except with like
CO: multiplayer or something
TC: and uh
TC: i dont think its a jeep
CO: no baka a J R P G
TC: oh okay
TC: whats that
CO: a japanese roleplaying game you know like Hindmost Historia
TC: oh of course!
TC: those are things which are great
TC: yes
CO: yeah they are the best!
CO: not like dumb shooty things where everything is the color of my text
TC: yes those are things which im sure are dumb!
CO: so um how do we start playing this game thing
CO: i dont really get this server/client thing
TC: well my brother said something about a server player
TC: but i dont really know what that is
CO: um does it have to do with these two disks i have? i think i installed one maybe
TC: oh it might
TC: well maybe serverings one for something or...
CO: okay so i put in the disk and now i guess i have to connect to someone?
TC: yeah that sounds good!
TC: you can try connecting to me i guess
CO: let me just look at the manual
TC: ok cool
CO: hmm it says
CO: クライアントプレーヤーのアホに接続
TC: erm
TC: yes!
CO: i think maybe i should not of ordered overseas
TC: oh i see
TC: yeah that could be a problem
CO: looking at the pictures it says you need to use the client disk i guess
TC: errrrrmmmm
CO: ?
TC: i might not have disks
CO: oh did you lose them?
TC: uh
TC: yes!
CO: awww that sucks ):
CO: how are we going to play now?
TC: um maybe i can find something hang on
TC: ok client.exe maybe this will work
CO: maybe!
TC: hey its working
CO: alright so now ill connect
TC: ok awesome!
CO: woah whats this screen?
TC: uh i dunno whats it look like?
CO: theres a person on the screen i think its my character
TC: oh cool!
TC: i think im connected too but i dont see anything
CO: hmm you might need to connect to someone else with your server disk
TC: maybe
CO: oh huh i can look around the area but i cant seem to make the character move
TC: thats weird
CO: let me try clicking on things
TC: ok
CO: oh i can move things let me just try uh
CO: oops ill just
TC: woah
TC: WOAH
CO: set this down near the character
TC: i think
TC: my toilet is having issues one second
CO: oh thats funny i just set a toilet next to my character
TC: what
CO: yeah i clicked on it and then i moved it
CO: it has really realistic graphics
TC: oh huh
TC: yeah my toilet just landed next to me somehow
TC: i dont really how happened know...
CO: hmm
CO: did it move just now?
TC: yes!
CO: i think im moving it
TC: !#%$ i think my house is haunted!
TC: oh
TC: or it could be that
TC: i
CO: i did not realize games were this advanced
TC: think that makes more sense?
CO: i guess thats you?
TC: oh i guess
TC: what does it look like?
CO: its just a girl near a computer with these odd looking twintails
CO: oh wait its just a ponytail ):
TC: oh yeah i think thats me!
TC: can you see me waving?
CO: oh yeah i can!
TC: holy cow thats cool!
TC: so i guess it worked
TC: now what?
CO: well i was expecting to play a game with a character like Nimbus from Hindmost Historia Shichi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:14 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
Ali found the girl interesting. She hadn't really talked to many people outside her friends before so talking to someone who did not really seem to get what they were saying was a new experience. That just means that there are loads of cool things she can show her! Making friends is great.

Also she really wants to replay HH7.

Spoiler: click to show
CO: but i guess its cool to get to see you
TC: yeah hopefully i can eventually see you too!
CO: it looks like i have all these options and menus
TC: oh cool
TC: what do they do?
CO: but i cant read all this hirogana
TC: oh
TC: well maybe just click around and see what works
TC: my mother says most the time fixing computers just ends up being messing around until things work
CO: oh alright ill just
CO: i guess i can place these big things
TC: ok
TC: wait
CO: ?
TC: placing big things
TC: im suddenly not so sure this is a good idea
TC: oh god whats that
CO: thats a 配布行列 i guess?
TC: that
TC: ill assume that means big clunky thing
CO: probably!
TC: does it do anything?
TC: i mean
TC: i guess i could just try and
TC: touch it myself but
CO: um im looking at the manual
CO: i think you have to take the lid off
TC: theres a lid?
TC: oh yeah
CO: but im not sure what happens after that
TC: i guess that kind of looks like a lid
CO: im just going to drop the rest of these things around your house
TC: ok i tried but that lid aint going nowhere
CO: hmm clicking on it isnt really doing anything let me just
TC: oh god
CO: yeah that did it
CO: oh i think its glitching now theres this weird ball floating around
TC: no i see that
TC: ok so i was right
TC: my house is haunted
CO: oh you do? weird maybe its a chir batti
TC: a what
TC: i mean yes!
TC: of course
CO: like
CO: a ghost light thing
TC: yeah thats what id call a ghost light thing
TC: now that i look closer though its missing half
TC: thats weird
TC: maybe thats what the goal of the game is, find the other half?
CO: yeah i see it too thats why i thought it was glitching
CO: maybe you need to build a new half
CO: with the rest of this stuff
TC: that makes sense
TC: wait rest of what stuff
CO: yeah the big stuff i placed around your house
CO: i put it all near your room so you can get there fast
TC: oh ok
TC: well
TC: thanks i guess!
TC: ok i looked at the other stuff
TC: im not really sure what any of it does
CO: oh wait i think you have to use
CO: this thing?
TC: oh god
TC: oh
CO: its smaller than i expected
TC: thats not a giant machine
TC: thats good
CO: hey whats that timer on the metal thing the half sphere came from
TC: oh maybe thats a time limit for the game or something?
CO: its kind of a low number dont you think?
TC: maybe the halfball just disappears at the end i guess
CO: thats only a few minutes
TC: oh shoot youre right
TC: well one sec
TC: okay i think i found a slot for the card in one of the machines
TC: and i guess its doing something now?
CO: oh whats it doing?
TC: i think it made some kind of
TC: weird can thing
TC: maybe i use it on the halfball?
CO: sounds like a plan
TC: ok no
TC: the halfball very obviously wants no business with it
CO: maybe thats what you need to
CO: put something in the ball?
TC: maybe
TC: im going to try this can thing with the other machines though
CO: oh okay
TC: ok i got a watering can now i guess
TC: i saw my brother in the hallway too though and he was doing stuff like this too it looks like
TC: i think i might ask him about this
CO: alright is he good at videogames?
CO: cause that might be a good idea
TC: oh yeah hes the best
CO: i dont play them often
CO: alright see you in a bit i guess!
TC: probably shouldve asked him sooner honestly
TC: alright cool see you!

-- counterfeitOrigins [CO] ceased pestering trivialCelebration [TC] --

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm
Posts: 309
Location: Harmony, Harmony
"Perhaps if I...no, no then that would, but then it'd just, I don't know...Hmm"

A Young boy sat alone at a table, starring at a small, outdated laptop. He was currently locked in a battle of wits (read: Avian Tactics, 2000 Edition) with an "associate" of his. Yes, that's it, maybe he thinks as he sends his Peaclock to attack his rival's Pelidan. Nothing will go wrong with this move, nothing. That's what he assured himself at least while he emailed his move out. Play by email, what a new and interesting concept, he mused.

This lad's name is Rhis Cardor. Mentioned by well, no one, he is spending the summer living in his Uncle's RV in the middle of the woods. His uncle isn't actually here right now, although he never really is. He's gotten pretty use to being left all alone for extended periods of time. Sometimes for an entire month. His uncle was at least kind enough to leave him a special video game before he left. He never really said /what/ it was, just told him that it was something special. Now Rhis is just, mucking around until the game finished installing. You even had a stint where you did an imaginary drug bust with your pet python Crime Lord H Two. You can't prove anything he said. But hah, you could prove it all with your 3D Glasses X-Ray Laser Specs. And so another South American farm was liberated from the hands of the the armless drug lord.

brrr bee boo bop

Oh hey, that sounds means your uncle's gift has finished installing. That was some pretty good time, especially since you started it 3 weeks ago. That extra Bop there also means your associate has emailed you back with his counter move. I'm sure he never could have anticipated your specticle of flocking wit! ... Son of a, darn it you quietly say to no one as you watch his Pelidan simply wreck not only your Peaclock, but also your Sparrowmancer. That unit is OP, it really needs a patch 12 years ago. Well anyway, let's see what this game even is!

....once the game stops freezing up at least. Ah well, might as well connect to this address you got with the game. 815sburb.tfr112.org, or something....

Connection....complete..? you can't tell, the window froze up. Gosh darn it. Oh wait, there it goes, maybe, perhaps, not really.

Spoiler: click to show
retroSentinel [RS] is responding to OMEN


oh wait it froze again. Humbug.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:10 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
Alex sat bored by his computer when someone messaged him. This better be good.

Spoiler: click to show
-- solitaryHighlander [SH] began messaging audaciousPrizefighter [AP] --

SH: Well, it's about bloody time!
AP: Yeah, I'm so close to playing and I'm STILL waiting.
SH: Och, sorry, boyo. I mean ta say that I finally see you.
SH: Although I'll be damned if the prospect of this game kickin' off fer you slowpokes
SH: doesn't get my whiskers up.
SH: I guess ye weren't all talk!
AP: Ah, I'm pretty excited. Although these other guys are just bumbling along.
SH: Tell me abou' et.
SH: 's a bloody fine head on the wall there.
AP: Yeah, that was a fun one. My ears may have been bleeding but he couldn't handle the ol' one two
SH: Ahahahaha, I'll bet not! Looks like a damn fine hunt.
SH: I regret that I've not seen the like since I've been here.
SH: Not that I regret many things, mind ye.
AP: I heard there are bigger ones somewhere. Like waaaaay bigger. Hope I meet one of them someday. Meet them and beat them.
SH: Och, definitely. This game's s'posed te have a lot o' crazy stuff runnin' about.
AP: Yeah, its going to have some sickass monsters right?
SH: Absolutely. I've no' made much progress since tha last time we spoke, but these damned horsemen keep talkin' up a storm about all kinds o' crazy things out there in the wilderness.
SH: Got my blood fit to boilin', it does!
AP: Oh, so you're already playing? How awesome IS it anyway?
SH: Och, laddie, it's beyond description. I told ye about tha weird creatures before.
SH: I dunnae know what ye'll run into out there but
SH: the horsemen I told ye aboot have been right bloody excited since I left the castle.
SH: Well, were right bloody excited after I beat some sense into a few of 'em.
SH: Ha! That was quite a show.
SH: Apparently there's some kinda war brewin' out in this misty forest.
AP: Those dudes sound like my kinda guys.
SH: Haha, it'll be nice having some lads and lassies around ta scope this place out with.
SH: The horselads have been shoutin' aboot how we need to get out and wage war.
AP: I think some of them are connecting as we speak. I'm so HYPED, man.
SH: Och, !#%$, lad, it feels right contagious, it does. I just cannae wait to get out there.
SH: I've been holdin' back a little waitin' for ye all to show up.
SH: But it's been so hard.
SH: Horse lads say we have to go fight and keep yellin' at me.
AP: Haha, those guys seem like CRAZY fun.
SH: Granted, like any sensible man, they calm down when we get to drinking, but I dunnae know if I can hold 'em back much longer.
SH: Ah, hell yes they are. I think we've fought every night since I've gotten here.
AP: Man, don't drink it all. Save some for me, bro.
SH: Och, there'll be plenty, laddie
AP: Wait, !#%$.
SH: the stores here are pretty sizeable.
SH: What is it, lad?
AP: I think I just heard something crash.
SH: Och, ordinarily I'd blame it on the missus, but it occurs to me that there ain't no lassie in yer house as I recall.
SH: Maybe ye ought ta go check.
AP: Oh, just looked out my window.
AP: It's Ol' Charlie again.
AP: I took his tentacle, but I guess hes back for more.
SH: Guess ye cannae keep a good hunt down, eh laddie?
AP: Ahaha, right? Anyway, I'm going to go handle this fella.
SH: Sounds like it'll be a good preview for tha show to come!
SH: Alrigh', but ye hurry back now.
SH: After all, sounds like this party is kickin' off
AP: I hope. Then when I get back, I'll probably connect and we can chill.
SH: ye wouldnae wanna miss it.
SH: Sounds great!
AP: Later, man.

-- audaciousPrizefighter[AP] ceased pestering solitaryHighlander [SH] --


He grabbed his trusty bat. This one was going down this time. He glanced out the window again. It appeared that somehow, he was able to simultaneously get past the defensive runes, the sonic wall, and was now working on the iron gate. I always wondered how he slipped by the first two so easily but always had problems with the fence. The beast let out a painful screech and he ran to the door, his ears bleeding again. Monkeys be damned, I can at least take on this thing. As he approached it, the writhing mass blasted him back with its raw psychic power and screeched again. "Is that THE BEST YOU'VE GOT?" He yelled out at it. Ol' Charlie flailed about ramming one of its beaks against the fence, the nub where one of its larger tentacles used to be healed and scarred over. The young hunter rushed towards his foe and took a wide swing with his back, cracking it across the face it was using to lead its charge on the mansion's defenses. The small horrorterror loomed over him and tried to crush Alex beneath its beak but he jumped out of the way. He then smashed one of its many eyes in with the bat, getting splattered by strangely colored blood. He didn't care, this was the thing he lived for.

The thrill of the hunt.

He ran out into the jungle, hoping it would give chase. It was too angry about the eye, the tentacle, and just being hit to focus on the mansion and went after him. Alex had been expecting this and he was ready. It was surprisingly agile for a mass of alien flesh so it was catching up fairly quickly. They ran past tree and rock and beast, the child leading the way just like he wanted to happen. He smacked animals out of his way just so he would not be slowed down because if he stopped for even a second Charlie would get him. Deep in the jungle a trap had been set in preparation of this. The lumbering creature tripped a wire trap hidden under the foliage and a large, strangely shaped rock with even stranger carvings in it dropped upon the beast. After that, the eldritch thing did not move. Alex dragged it back to his home using a carrying device he had left in the jungle by his trap. He dumped the beast in his living room and returned upstairs only to find his window open and some things pulled out from under his bed. Alex saw his things messed with and tiny primate paw prints on the floor and flushed red with anger and embarrassment. Though there was no one around, he hated the idea of someone finding out he owned a cookbook and knitting supplies. That's not the kind of things a MANLY HUNTER likes. He's just holding them for someone, that's all. He closed the window and got back to his computer desk.

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 am
Posts: 166
It was a dark and stormy night...

Rain fell upon the window like a million bullets from a crossfire raining down on glass, a symphony of succulently timed maelstrom keeping beat to the pulse of life like a grand conductor, every moment carefully timed to flow seamlessly from the last and to the next. The girl twirled the lollipop inside her mouth as she gently sucked at it, a hardboiled expression on her face as she peered into the foreboding sky above.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." She said to nobody in particular, glancing down at the watch in her hand. 14 minutes 57 seconds. 14 minutes 58 seconds. 14 minutes 59 seconds. 15 minutes. That's how long had past since her informat, codename Sister, dropped off her new game before buggering off to a quiet sleep.

A clash of thunder, the surprise beat of a drum in a stringed orchaestra. Perhaps the rest would not be as peaceful as she anticipated. 15 minutes 10 seconds.

She had taken the time earlier to prepare for the awaiting trials. Chips, for consumption. Beverage, for stamina. But most certainly not a plushie, for luck.

Speaking of luck, connection was finally established. The memo of OMEM. sounds like an Area 51 institution. Or maybe a secret government amnesia project. Perhaps a senility prevention drug.

But with the ability to talk, she have a simple "hello" to the OMEM, taking a moment to dramatically push up her hat as she did so. Her name is HEATHER MILES. And her story is only just beginning...


A while later some entirely uninteresting things would happen that will most certainly not be gotten to later and Heather did connect-y things. This was most certainly not done out of being tired and not having much to say.

Have a log.

Spoiler: click to show
-- taterSalad [TS] begins pestering extremeVelocity [EV] --

TS: Hello.
EV: Oh, hello.
EV: Are you this server player thing?
TS: *The detective nods*
TS: That's correct.
EV: Awesome! Then you can do the, thing, which starts this, I guess.
TS: Acknowledged. I shall insert the disk at this moment.
TS: The disk is being inserted.
TS: It's in.
EV: EXCELLENT! Then let's GET THIS THING STARTED!
EV: ... So now what?
TS: I think you insert the other disk.
TS: I think?
TS: Then we wait for installation.
EV: Erm.
EV: I did that already! For sure, I'm just, doing this thing, waiting for a server player now, that means I did it, right? Right.
TS: Oh, okay.
TS: Then we just wait for it to install.
EV: Okay, it should be installed now.
TS: Yep! It just finished as you said that.
TS: I see...a room.
EV: Okay, cool. Am I supposed to see one too?
TS: *Rubs her chin in thought while wondering why her character has a propellor cap.*
TS: I don't know.
EV: Oh man, propellor caps are the raddest.
EV: Let me tell you.
--taterSalad [TS] attempts to poke propellor cap man with the cursor. --
EV: That's weird, it felt like something just kind of shoved me just now.
TS: How bizarre. Hm.
-- taterSalad [TS] attempts to spin propellor cap man's propellor cap. --
EV: And now my hat's propellor is spinning for no reason.
EV: This is kind of weird.
EV: Is this part of the game or something?
EV: Does it haunt your house?
TS: Hm.
TS: I think I have an idea to postulate forward. I need one last test to confirm, however.
-- taterSalad [TS] chucks some random thing in the room at EV. --
EV: Oh god, and now there is a flying frying pan.
TS: ...
EV: Yeah, I'm pretty sure this thing's haunted.
TS: I believe that this game allows the server player to interact with the room of the client player.
TS: Fascinating.
TS: ...
TS: Apologies for the frying pan.
EV: Wait, really?
TS: Well, I did just chuck a frying pan at you when you said that.
TS: After I had spun your propellor cap.
EV: Oh wow.
TS: So it is either that or this game gives me access to the world of spirits.
TS: And I am mind controlling a ghost.
EV: So you can see me? And move my stuff? Holy crap, this is awesome.
EV: I was right, we really ARE breaking boundaries we didn't even know existed.
-- taterSalad [TS] puts the frying pan back where it was. --
TS: It's puzzling, though.
EV: How's that?
TS: How does it accomplish this?
EV: Uhhh...
TS: By what force am I causing these objects to be strewn about?
TS: Why is your toliet broken?
EV: By the might of sheer GLORIOUS WILLPOWER!
EV: And
EV: my toilet's broken?
TS: I think so?
EV: Any idea what caused it?
TS: I am not sure.
TS: Hm. Perhaps I should test the weight limits of this program.
TS: Please hold while I find something suitable.
EV: Alright, I'll check on the toilet in the mean time.
-- taterSalad [TS] attempts to find something heavy. --
-- taterSalad [TS] finds a Dairy Queen sign. --
-- taterSalad [TS] attempts to grab the Dairy Queen sign. --
EV: Okay, yeah, I guess my sister's doing the same thing with someone else. Apparently they also have some crazy machines and stuff.
EV: And... wait, what's that noise?
-- taterSalad [TS] proceeds to break it in half thanks to SHENANIGANS. --
-- taterSalad [TS] proceeds to accidentally drop the sign outside EV's window. --

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1235
Location: Neptune
Spoiler: click to show
TS: ...
TS: Oops.
EV: That is
EV: a sign.
TS: Don't worry.
TS: I can fix this.
EV: Okay, good.
-- taterSalad [CTS] attempts to turn the sign around and put it back. --
-- taterSalad [CTS] this demolishes the wall. --
TS: ...Right.
TS: Depth.
EV: Oh god, the MORE BOUNDARIES ARE BEING BROKEN THAN I THOUGHT!
EV: Well, uh
-- taterSalad [CTS] attempts to put the sign back on the Dairy Queen sign half. --
EV: I think we should just ignore that for now.
-- taterSalad [CTS] it understandably fails to stay on. --
-- taterSalad [CTS] it probably partially crushes the Dairy Queen. --
EV: I think
EV: I think we should definitely ignore that for now.
TS: Yes.
TS: Yes that would be wise.
EV: So do you have access to any crazy machines or something?
TS: Let me check.
-- taterSalad [CTS] looks at all these CONKSUNK MENUS --
TS: Yes, it would appear I do.
TS: Should I deploy them?
EV: Yeah.
EV: Or wait.
EV: That might be a terrible idea.
EV: Just, be very careful with them.
EV: Please.
TS: Okay.
TS: Let me just...
-- taterSalad [CTS] attempts to deploy one next to EV. --
-- taterSalad [CTS] proceeds to deploy one on top of EV. Fortunately, plenty high enough he has time to get out of the way before it crushes him. --
EV: Okay, that was dangerously close to crushing my all of me.
TS: Dammit.
EV: Holy !#%$ THAT WAS EVEN MORE DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO CRUSHING MY ALL OF ME.
TS: I knew I should have purchased a new mouse before I started this.
TS: Let me just...deploy the rest away from you.
EV: That would be appreciated.
-- taterSalad [CTS] deploys the rest a safe distance away from EV. --
-- taterSalad [CTS] at the same time, they are deployed in a logical fashion. --
-- taterSalad [CTS] it should be easy to use all of them. --
EV: Alright, so I guess I just have to do... something with these.
EV: Any idea what?
TS: Hm.
TS: Try hitting them.
EV: That kind of hurt.
TS: That did not work.
TS: Maybe if I just...hit them with the cursor...
EV: Okay no, that nearly crushed me again.
TS: Sorry.
TS: I'll get this.
TS: One moment.
-- taterSalad [CTS] TEN MINUTES OF TRYING LATER... --
TS: ...You know what.
TS: Screw this.
EV: That is the most terrifying thing I've ever heard someone say.
-- taterSalad [CTS] grabs the Dairy Queen sign again and attempts to crush the machinery. --
EV: I was right.
-- taterSalad [CTS] this results in half of a sprite coming out and the sign being sent flying away. --
EV: That was terrifying.
TS: Ha!
TS: It worked.
EV: And now my house really is haunted.
TS: ...It looks glitched.
EV: Well, it's a ghost, I think it can look like whatever it wants to look like.
EV: Who are we to judge if a ghost feels like being half a ball today?
TS: Well.
TS: I am judging it.
TS: This is me being judging.
TS: It isn't even making spooky noises.
EV: Every ghost has to start somewhere.
TS: It's the worst at being a ghost I have ever seen from a ghost.
-- taterSalad [CTS] also card deployment --
EV: And if that ghost has to RISE UP from making Casper look like a terrifying monster, then SO BE IT!
EV: Oh hey, a card.
EV: Is this from a trading card game or something?
EV: I mean, not that I'd know anything about those.
TS: I don't know. It let me deploy it, so I did.
TS: You probably stick it in one of the machines
TS: .
EV: Oh, I guess that makes sense.
EV: Yeah, I found one it fit in, and I got this... cylinder... thing, I guess?
EV: Any idea what it's for?
TS: Hm.
TS: It looks like it could fit in that other thing. On that...circle-y bit.
EV: Oh, yeah, that works.
EV: Now the cylinder has a funny shape.
EV: Is this game part of some weird art class or something?
TS: Maybe you are supposed to play the role of an art critic.
TS: Is that a class in the game?
TS: Art critic?
EV: Uh... maybe?
EV: I don't know. I'm no artist, but this thing looks kind of awkward.
TS: Perhaps you should give it a numerical rating?
EV: I'd say it deserves a six out of ten.
EV: It's unique, at least.
TS: I see.
TS: ...Did anything happen? A level up noise, perhaps? Experience bar?
EV: Nope.
TS: Dissapointing.
TS: Can it fit into any of the other machines?
EV: I guess I could try.
EV: Yeah, I found one that works, and now I have some... weird-colored plant pot, I guess.
TS: Hm.
EV: Oh, hold on, I think my sister needs to talk to me for a second.
TS: Okay.

-- taterSalad [TS] ceased pestering extremeVelocity [EV]. --


"What is it?" Hamilton asked, slightly anxiously, as he turned to his sister.

"Well, you got those machine things, too, right? So you started as well. I was thinking you could help me since you're so good at games!" Shammy replied cheerily.

Hamilton practically beamed with pride, "Of course I can help. How far even are you?" he asked.

"Great!" Shammy exclaimed, "I just got an item from the machine that took that...shiny...carved...can...thing."

"Ah, right." Hamilton replied, nodding his head, "The result of the shiny-carved-can-thing step." He was pretending as hard as he could that he knew exactly what he was talking about. "Well, I'm ages beyond that, of course, but I believe we'll have to do something with both our shiny-carved-can-things-results that'll test all the experience we've obtained from our sylladexes. It'll be a puzzle to boggle minds for centuries to come, I'm sure, but we can do it. So show yours to me, and I'll show you mine." he went on.

And with that, they stared at each other for a moment, waiting, and suddenly both pulled out their respective items, the plant pot and watering can, simultaneously.

And thus, they stared at the items.

And stared.

The intensity of their stares were mind-boggling.

"I got nothin'." Shammy finally admitted, seeming disappointed.

Hamilton frowned. "I dunno, maybe we should take them back to the machines in the hallway, see if there's more we can do." he offered. And so, they went and did that.

"Maybe if I just put it on this thing..." Hamilton thought aloud, as he placed his pot on the middle-most machine.

"And then maybe if I hang this above it!" Shammy cheered as she went reached up, holding the watering can by its handle, and then, who would've thought, water came out.

"Oh." they both uttered as the water made the plant grow.

And then POOF, they were gone.

BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!

---------------------


Spoiler: click to show
mavenEnigma [ME] forced extremeVelocity [EV] and trivialCelebration [TC] to respond to memo on board QUALITY FAMILY TIME.

ME: Whilst I don't mean to alarm either of you wonderful munchkins, this whole "game" endeavor seems quite the disastrous pickle if you're not the utmost careful!
ME: But of considerably more importance, there seems to be not a mere loner, but a duo of meteors heading straight for us!
ME: And I do mean meteor, not simply asteroids! These wretched rocks have left the depths of the void that is space and are mere minutes from clashing down on our fragile mortal coils!
ME: Hello?
ME: This is neither the time or place in which to ignore my presence! I'll ascend the stairs if I have to!
ME: If you two don't respond soon, I'll
mavenEnigma
's computer has split in half.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:47 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1785
After the fight he decided that he was tired of waiting and began hitting up that new guy that just joined the group.

Spoiler: click to show
-- audaciousPrizefighter [AP] began pestering retroSentinel [RS] --

AP: HEY! Whats up?
RS: Ah, oh. Hello sir.
AP: I saw you joined OMEM. You looking to connect?
RS: I, suppose? When I joined it just, froze up, on me.
AP: Have you tried restarting?
RS: Oh, this chat, just had a seizure, when I hit enter.
RS: I, have not.
RS: Because it take 10 hours to, boot this machine up.
RS: That's, hyperbol.
RS: It seems fine, now. Maybe.
RS: Kinda.
AP: Hm... that MIGHT be a problem. Here, how about I hook up with you and we'll see what happens.
RS: I'm fine with that, sure.
RS: Oh, I suppose I should ask, what this even is.
AP: Its sburb, dude.
RS: ...Bless you?
RS: Didn't actually see what this was, called. My uncle just gave it to me.
AP: I've heard its supposed to be this hyper-real simulation adventure thing.
AP: It just came out so I don't know much.
RS: I, see.
RS: Adventures are fun.
AP: Everything I've heard about it has got me HYPED.
AP: So, I'm just going to connect as your server player.
AP: That means you won't need to do much, just have the disk installed.
RS: Alright, I just finished
RS: that.
RS: That was, quite a freeze up.
AP: Well, I'm connecting RIGHT NOW.
RS: Hopefully my, old machine won't, ruin everything in the world.
RS: More Hyperbole.
RS: Oh, something is, happening.
RS: aaaah, lag spike.
RS: I see a message on screen at least
RS: "yo this dude is connecting"
AP: Okay, I have a thing called a 'viewport' up.
RS: to quote.
AP: I see this dude in a huge coat, standing near a computer.
AP: Doesn't seem adventurey, I can't control him.
RS: Maybe it's, click controlled?
RS: Written commands?
AP: I'm clicking on everything.
AP: It appears I can move most objects, I've knocked down nearly everything.
RS: oh dear
RS: I think, a mini tornado just ripped through, the room.
AP: Yeah, kinda like that.
AP: Still can't move this guy though.
RS: Didn't knock over, H2's cage at least. He's a bother to catch.
AP: Huh? You got some problem on your end?
RS: Yeah everything just, spontaniously fell over
AP: I bet I did that.
AP: Since that was probably what the connecting was for or whatever.
RS: Why is, the tv stuck in the toilet now?
RS: Oh, this is, your doing?
AP: I guess, man.
AP: Hey check outside.
AP: You see a bunch of big metal things?
RS: Yeah, I see them, out the window.
RS: Bit hard to see in the, snow though.
AP: That's all the stuff the game let me deploy. I think you need to do things with them.
RS: also I suppose I should be, somewhat distressed that you can do these things but,
RS: I was told something like this would happen.
RS: And I, see.
RS: Well, let me just, find my boots and I'll go out there.
AP: Yeah, I got the idea this game was going to do some crazy !#%$ too.
AP: Sorry about the snow. Didn't see any room in your place.
RS: Oh, it's fine.
RS: I kinda like the cold.
RS: Also I think you, threw my boots up on the bookshelf over there
AP: I'll... get them down.
RS: I'd appriciate that.
AP: There we go.
RS: Thank you, uh... you person.
AP: Man, just call me Alex.
RS: Alright then, Mr/Mrs/Ms Alex.
AP: MR. Alex.
AP: Also, have this card thing from the game.
AP: It looks important.
RS: My apologies and, I see. I'll hold onto it.
RS: ANyway, think you can, tidy up a bit? I don't know when my Uncle will be back.
AP: Uh... I'll try.
AP: Its approximately clean.
RS: Well I went out there and I saw a thing the card can fit inside. Can't really, bring the laptop with me.
RS: Then it made like,
RS: Some sort of pottery thing, but it looked like a funky hoop box, thing.
RS: I
RS: can't describe it.
AP: Oh alright. I'm thinking I need to do something with the bigger metal thing.
AP: I just slammed a big thing into it and the top came off.
RS: There's a, wisp out there now.
RS: Hm actually, it looks kinda familar.
RS: But
RS: Not important.
AP: I think this is everything you need to get started.
AP: Just gotta be wary of that timer I guess?
RS: Oh I, didn't even notice that.
RS: Hm it's, kinda low. I suppose I should make haste.
RS: Alright I, found this, little note from my uncle inside the game case
RS: Has a list of, instructions I'm gonna sume are for, these silly things.
RS: Just
RS: Give me a moment to, decode his ciphers.
AP: I'll wait.
RS: Alright so, I guess we need to put something, inside that Wisp thing.
RS: I assume that's what it means, since it says "kernel thingy"
AP: Well, I just picked up a random object to feed it and it keeps zipping away.
AP: Like WOOSH and its gone.
RS: Gone is, not a word I'd like to hear but, sure.
RS: Hm...
RS: I have a, idea of sorts.
AP: Let's hear it.
RS: Think you can break open my Uncle's cabinet? The key to, H2's cage is in there.
RS: Just
RS: Mind the rifles.
AP: I think that did it.
RS: Wow there was, lots of amunition is there. I hope the vacuum will pick that up.
RS: Alright, found the key.
RS: If, H2 decides to swallow my head, think you can pick him up for me?
AP: I make no promises.
AP: But I'll try.
RS: Alright he's, not as heavy as I remember him. Give me a sec and I'll go, throw him in.
RS: Hopefully without the woosh.
AP: Did it work?
RS: Okay sorry, I kinda, slipped coming out. It seems to have, worked.
RS: The, wispy corn kernel thing, changed shape.
RS: Looks like a, snake head.
AP: That might be all you need to do with it.
RS: Although it's just kinda, sitting there now.
AP: Hey, what about that weird OBJECT you got a while back?
RS: The, hoopy box thing? I still got it.
RS: I noticed it had like, a lock on it.
AP: Yeah try throwing it at things.
AP: That seems to solve everything in this game.
RS: Well,
RS: Throwing wood and bullets at it, doesn't work.
RS: Hold on though, I have, an idea.
RS: There we go, this Fire Axe should, probably, break it open.
AP: Did it do anything?
RS: Ah!, hold a sec I think I see, my uncle coming home.
RS: I'll, talk to you in a sec.
AP: 'Ight.
RS: He may be, a bit confused by all this junk.
AP: Hahah, well, say I'm sorry.

-- audaciousPrizefighter [AP] ceased pestering retroSentinel [RS] --

_________________
Image
He's back and slower than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1235
Location: Neptune
Shammy stood there vacantly for a moment, before recoiling in surprise. What just happened? Where'd Hamilton go?... Better question, where did the other half of the house go?!

She didn't have time to ponder either of these things, though, as her thoughts were quickly interrupted by a shrill scream. She had no idea where it was coming from, but it was definitely close enough to give her a headache, to say the least.

Trying her best to ignore the screaming, Shammy turned towards the hole that used to be half her house, and looked out to the area around her. The incredibly dry ground, the strange, shiny pink formations, and most jarring of all, the huge webs everywhere... What even is this place...?

Image


Pulling her attention from the strange land, she tried looking around for her brother some more. He didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. Just before she was about to look downstairs, it came to her. That server player! Surely she'd still be there, and maybe she'd have some answers! Yes, Shammy could just calmly ask her about the situation, no need to panic, and everything will be perfectly fine.

Spoiler: click to show
-- trivialCelebration [TC] began pestering counterfeitOrigins [CO] --

TC: what the !#%$!
TC: where did half my house go?
TC: where did my brother go??
TC: and why is there screaming???
CO: oh youre back
TC: you could say that!
CO: im looking at the screen and...
CO: i dont see it anywhere
TC: and why is it so bright outside!
TC: where even am i!!
TC: and god that screaming is horrible!
CO: i guess the sun is bright because youre in this sandy place
TC: yeah but what even is this sandy place!
TC: and I still want to know where my brother went!!
TC: youre the server right shouldnt it say something?
CO: im sorry i dont know ):
CO: oh
CO: oh god
TC: what?
TC: did you find something?
CO: i wish i didnt
TC: why?
TC: what is it??
CO: i think i found your brother
TC: oh sweet!
TC: where is he?
CO: i think hes dead
TC: what!!!
TC: thats not funny!
CO: theres someone who got torn in half
TC: what the !#%$!
TC: where??
CO: i cant even look at the screen
CO: its downstairs
TC: ok one second
CO: ...


Shammy stepped away from her computer, making her way down the hallway. She noticed that the screaming had stopped, but considering what she'd been told, that wasn't exactly calming. On her way to the stairs, she quickly realized that her house kind of didn't have stairs anymore. Peaking over the edge, she quickly determined she could swing down to the next floor. She didn't see anything, but noticed that she did still have the stairway down to her mom's laboratory. She hesitated for a moment, dreading what she might find down there, but eventually made her way down anyway.

Red. Red is what she found.

The Mysterious Engineer noticed Shammy come down, and quickly tried to face away its... bad side. Slowly, and with difficulty, the Mysterious Engineer began talking in a strange way, making an even stranger gurgling noise as it did so. "What's driven your curious intramind to... come to my laboratorium? " it asked, trying its best to hold its balance as it scooped up some intestines with its only arm, stuffing them away.

A pause.

Finally working up the will, Shammy responded with "I just... came down to check on you."

The Mysterious Engineer let out what one could assume was an attempt at a laugh, but sounded more like it was attempting to hock a loogie. "I am... I will be fine. You should just skipicate back up to your room, I'm working on an exasecret project." it replied, scrambling to push buttons on a nearby machine as the Mysterious Engineer leaned against the wall.

"I... alright." was all Shammy could manage to say before turning away and making her way back up. After a bit of climbing, she eventually made her way back to her computer.

Spoiler: click to show
TC: ok that was
TC: thats brother my not...
TC: that was my mom
TC: she said shell be ok though!
CO: oh wow sorry i couldnt tell because
TC: and that i should
CO: well
CO: they were everywhere
TC: never go down there for a long time
TC: i think
CO: im glad theyre alright though
TC: so whats this new like place in im
TC: new place im in like
TC: sorry
TC: can you see much of it?
CO: not really, just slightly around your halfhouse
TC: hm ok
TC: wait
TC: is that the dairy queen?
TC: or
TC: half the dairy queen i guess
CO: oh wow are there any people in it?
TC: hold on ill go look
CO: oh hey, i can interact with it


Making her way to the half-Dairy Queen just behind her half-house, Shammy quickly found that it was mostly empty. Mostly. There was one guy sitting at a table, eating some ice cream, and seeming awfully content for the whole situation. "Um... hello?" she said, a bit confused.

Just now noticing that Shammy had come in, the man suddenly perked up with a smile, turning towards her. "Yo, man, I thought everyone was gone! They all ran away because of some crazy meteors or something, but that !#%$ was hot, yo. Needed to get my ice cream on, y'know? Could never live without it, so hey, if the meteors killed me, then hey, I'd never want to die any other way than with some ice cream in my hands, and in more importantly, in my belly. But hey, enough about that, you want some ice cream?" he explained all at once, finally holding out an ice cream cone to Shammy.

In response, Shammy simply stared. And stared. This man was strange, and taking sweets from strangers, especially strange strangers, was never a good idea. On the other hand, she never did get anything to eat this morning...

"Thanks!" she said happily, taking the cone and taking a lick. "By the way, do you know where we are? Or what happened? And have you seen a cool guy wearing a backwards propeller cap around?" she asked, thinking that maybe, just maybe, she could finally get some answers.

To this, the man laughed. And... laughed. And laughed some more. That must've been the funniest damn joke she ever told. A full minute later, the man finally managed to calm himself down, replying with "Haha, yeah, I have no idea about any of those things you said. All I know is ice cream. Y'know? Because I don't. Only thing I've seen is those crazy pink dudes out there."

"Erm... alright" Shammy said a bit awkwardly, "thanks anyways. Well, I should be off for now, maybe I'll talk to you later!"

Starting to make her way back, Shammy noticed these "pink dudes" the man described. They weren't so much "dudes" as "creatures" by the looks of things. They mostly hung around those pink formations, and some of them even seemed to be flying, albeit not very high. Thinking better of confronting them (especially in this heat), Shammy made her way back to her computer again, stuffing her ice cream in her pants for later.

Spoiler: click to show
TC: ok there was some guy in there that seemed awfully relaxed for this whole situation but
TC: i also got a better look outside
TC: and there are some really weird looking pink things out there
TC: they dont look mean but
TC: i dunno
TC: kinda look like bugs i guess
CO: oh huh...
CO: im just wondering what were supposed to do now
TC: that is a very good question!
TC: oh !#%$
CO: woah whats that thing
TC: a spiderghost i guess
CO: maybe its an enemy?
TC: its pretty nice actually apparently!
TC: it says
TC: that we should weave many things i guess
TC: weave up to the sky to continue on
CO: hm well im looking at these options i have
TC: weave friendships with prey to help them rather than eat them
CO: i guess new ones opened but i still cant read anything
TC: which i have no idea what it means by prey but sure
TC: do i have to help the ice cream?
TC: oh you have more options now?
CO: ok lets see it seems i can change the house
CO: but it costs me gushers
TC: gushers?
CO: like the fruit snack
CO: that isnt nearly as good a snack as pocky is
TC: ummmm
TC: yes!
TC: is that like ice cream?
TC: because we still have plenty of that
TC: building things with ice cream might be weird though
CO: no its not i think the gushers are like
TC: especially with how hot this place is
CO: money
TC: oh
CO: like when i add stuff to the wall the number goes down
CO: and when i delete stuff the number goes up
TC: huh okay
TC: spiderghost says i should bare my fangs at the incoming competitors for that
TC: but
TC: i dont really have fangs
CO: i think he just means to kick lots of butt
TC: oh
CO: like extremely adequate soldier rax!
TC: im not fighter a though much...
CO: im sure youll get some sort of super special power or something
CO: have you tried shooting lightning out your hands
TC: ok
TC: no i cant shoot lightning
CO: i bet youll find out when you need it most
CO: the hero always does!
TC: spiderghost says no weapon works better than your own spinneret
TC: i have no idea what that means
TC: but
TC: i guess my ponytail-drill spins
TC: thats like a spinneret right
TC: oh !#%$
CO: i didnt know your ponytail was a drill?
TC: there might be more spiders
TC: and they dont appear to be friendly ghosts
TC: one sec
TC: or
TC: many secs
CO: oh okay

-- counterfeitOrigins [CO] ceased pestering trivialCelebration [TC] --


Indeed, looking towards the edge of her half-house, Shammy could see some spider-creatures crawling up. They were transparent, but... not like her friendly spiderghost. They were shiny, more like... glass.

Looking up to the spiderghost, she noticed it was now hissing and baring its own fangs. Not quite sure if she was ready for what was to come, Shammy took the drill off her hair, powering it up. "Please come help me soon, Hammy..." she muttered before holding the now-spinning drill up towards the oncoming abominations. Here went everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: :33 < MY SHIPS ARE PURRFECT, PAWLESS, WITHOUT P33R
Jack walked out of the room in the cathedral, looking outside to see the light glow of what he assumed to be the sun setting. It hit the stained glass windows just right, and decorated the wall with a variety of colors and patterns. Jack spaced out, watching the window light up brighter occasionally. Suddenly, he snapped to his senses, realizing that the sun had set some time ago and walked outside, looking to the horizon.

The city was burning, casting a heavy orange glow on the smoke billowing into the air. Meteors were cutting through the smoke and smashing into buildings, the ground, into the water. Jack looked up, and jumped out of the way in time to avoid getting crushed by one, watching it bounce off the ground and into the bar he was in a few hours ago. Jack started running, easily jumping over barricades that had been put up and leapt over a fence in one jump, landing on a dumpster and hopping up to a fire escape. He got up to the top of the building, and started running across the rooftops, leaping over the huge gaps inbetween the buildings.

Jack paused at the last roof, looking down at the long drop ahead of him. He looked behind him, seeing that some of the buildings had caught fire, and one had collapsed. He looked down again, watching the people scramble in a panic, some of them getting caught in the meteors crashing to the ground, or getting set on fire, or even getting trampled by the crowd. He stood there for a few more seconds, panning the crowd, before locating a black hat moving through the crowd, calmly heading towards the only remaining bridge in the city that hadn't collapsed due to damage from falling rocks. The person under the hat couldn't be seen from this height, but they continued to the bridge, and went under it, as if they were waiting for someone.

Jack looked down, watching as the windows of the building he was on explode, showering glass down onto the crowd of people. Fire erupted out of the windows, and the building slowly started to shift. Jack sighed, backed up, and then jumped off of the building. People screamed and moved out of the way as he landed on the ground from 7 stories up, on all fours. He stood up, brushing ash off his hoodie, and then climbed up onto the crowd and made his way over to the bridge, as the building collapsed behind him.

Jack walked under the bridge, noting all the cars that were stopped, and people were climbing out of them to escape the city. He walked over to his mentor, who was looking across the water. Jack avoided looking at the horrible water, leaning against the bridge support.

Spoiler: click to show
AH: hey
SS: hey
AH: so, world's ending huh?
SS: yeah sure. you want this screen or not?
AH: whoa hey yeah sure, nice
AH: but come on man
AH: i know you know something about this
AH: you were always telling me about how you weren't from this world.
AH: and how you HATE humans, and you obviously aren't !#%$ human

SS: do you really care, kid?
AH: i care about answers
SS: then you came to the wrong guy. here's a new router too, since !#%$ internet is going to be the least of your problems
SS: this is going to be the last time we see each other
SS: well, actually
SS: you'll see me again
SS: and technically i'll see you again
SS: you know what, nevermind, you'll figure it out later

AH: SURE, okay
SS: hey kid?
AH: yeah?
SS: for what it's worth
SS: i'm sorry

AH: for what?
SS: you'll figure it out, i already said


Jack stood with his mentor for a few more seconds, trying to actually get a good look at his face. He then turned away, and started making his way back to the cathedral. Jack's mentor watched him walk away, then turned back to the water.

Spoiler: click to show
SS: good luck kid

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group