Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Worldbuilding Game
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:54 am 

The Great Curiosity saw fit to advance the culture of his golem creations, giving them a knowledge of writing and craftsmanship. He instilled in them an innate dissatisfaction with their natural condition, that they may ever strive to improve themselves and their surroundings, paving the way for the future their creator desired for them. Their tribal society would be ruled by a collective of scholars who would interpret his writings on the spires of the canyon.

Rolled 31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:54 am 

"Okay, cool. Now I need some sort of...life...creature thing...Hmmm..." Gene pondered for a moment, tapping his finger on his lips. "I want some sort of spikey-ass flesh-sacks popping up over in my plains, with little beady eyes and long tails, and spikes, and they're green and scary, and they walk on four legs, and they love them some purple plants. Yeah!"

Taking his die in hand, Gene gave mumbled some lucky mumbo jumbo before tossing it on his table. "Fifty-seven." It was a 57. "That's pretty terrible." It was pretty terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:04 pm 

Elby wrote:
Regardless, it was time to replicate that success. !#%$ looked over to the ocean Brometheus had created earlier. Yes, that spot would do nicely.

Just one creature would do: one as large as the biggest of whales, sitting on the sea floor. It's skin would be perfectly smooth, even feeling surprisingly soft to the touch, and would be a dull, dark greyish-brown color, as one might expect from something residing at the bottom of an ocean. It had six relatively small (considering its size, "relatively small" probably means "about as big as a person") glowing red orbs that one could only assume were eyes, three on each side of its enormous maw, which went right down the center of its visible half. The inside of its mouth would be only a simple black, but at the back of its "throat," if you could even call it that, was a glowing red orb, similar-looking to its eyes, but much brighter, as well as emanating a comforting warmness to anything lured near it. Should anything actually venture near this orb, the great maw would close on it, making surprisingly little noise, only to open back up again a few minutes later, the creature seeming completely unharmed and would return to its normal life, although the "eaten" creature would have glowing red eyes from that point on. Nothing else seemed to change, but it could just be that this planet was too sparse and primitive for any other change to be noticed.

This mysterious creature, aside from the opening and closing of its maw, would never be seen moving, leaving its bottom half forever buried in the sea floor. This leaves what its bottom half even actually is up for anyone to guess: the obvious answer of a fish-like body, perhaps it was just a perfect sphere, or maybe this was just a maw of the planet itself, reaching out from the ground?

And with that, rolled a 54. Mediocre rolls for LIFE.

The Mawed rose from the murky depths of the sand and sea. Occasionally a fish would enter its maw, and continue swimming around the ocean with its new glowing peeps. Eventually, The Fathom lurking in the water wanders into a strange cave, looking for that mysterious, elusive thing that draws it and it returns with its eyes glowing not white nor black like usually but instead they glow red. After it returns it appears to be more docile and less restless, only really attacking things for food. An improvement?

McKnackus I wrote:
And now, to make the area more habitable, you decide to add some more vegetation to the mix. Vines growing from the dirt will grow up the inner sides of the valley and produce fruit and leaves for the armored rabbits to eat. The vines can also act as materials for nests and ground to stand on. Some vines will grow into full branches and spring into trees to act as shade when it's needed and farther vegetation. In addition, the roots will reach beneath the crust of the valley and extend to the ditch. The roots will have sharp, poisonous spines and come out from under the crust and thrive in the shade of the slanted mountain, creating a vast thorny brush that will spread throughout the natural moat for farther protection.

In addition, to add to it all, there will be year-round snow on the tips of the mountains, seeing as they are at such a high elevation. This will feed more water into the system below and provide more moisture to the plant life and creatures. In addition, when the suns align every 100 winters, it will turn the snow into clear ice, and it will freeze down the mountain and become like glass to farther concentrate the light. By this method will they learn messages sent from me through the stars and revitalize themselves to full strength.

You roll a 24, Perhaps you were too ambitious in your designs.

In your attempt to create snow covered peaks you end up covering the mountains in snow, and some of the surrounding area. The rabbit-like creatures find the conditions harder to live in, but the metal keeps them... insulated?

Falcon6 wrote:
"Now," Horus smiled as he started to cheer emphatically, "give me fish! Fish! All sorts of hearty, healthy fish!"

He knew the birds of the area would love fish. He wills the area to become a aqua wonderland of hearty fish, almost mystically good that would make the penguins of the area healthy and lively. They would be accessed through many small pools of water, but center around a gigantic lake away from the center of the pole.

Rolled a 94

A lake with rivers extending from it is created, full of arctic fishes. Perhaps Horus' birds will finally come to fruition?

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
God name: Bastet

oh my goddness look at all these really neat places they are all soo cool and fancy!! But none of them are really cute, so I will create a land that has sugar and lakes and streams of cream and there is candy everywhere and mountains of string and it will be wonderful and look cute and amazing isnt this so much fun guys im having so much fun

EDIT: whoops i forgot to roll teehee =3

Roll(1d100)+0:
96,+0
Total:96

An amazing land of sugar and sweets rises. What twisted forms of life could it give birth to?

Mecha wrote:
JEFF DID LOOK AT THE MAP AND SHRUGGED, NOTING THAT NOTHING HE DID REALLY SEEMED TO COME OUT CORRECTLY. HE DID LOOK DOWN TO HIS AYLA TRYING TO KILL THE CREATURE THAT WAS EATING THEM AND COMMENDED THEIR EFFORTS. HE REALLY DIDN'T FEEL LIKE TRYING TO ADVANCE EITHER RACE RIGHT NOW, AS HIS EFFORTS WOULD ONLY END IN FAILURE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. SUCH IS THE CURSE OF HAVING HIGH LUCK.

JEFF THEN DECIDED TO SIMPLY STORE HIS POWER FOR A TURN. FOR IF THERE WAS GOING TO BE ANY KIND OF CHANGE, IT WOULD TAKE A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF POWER. SUCH IS THE WAY OF THE DICE.

----------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
93,+0
Total:93

Jeff stored divine strength for the future. With this, he might even tame fate.

Snes wrote:
The Great Curiosity saw fit to advance the culture of his golem creations, giving them a knowledge of writing and craftsmanship. He instilled in them an innate dissatisfaction with their natural condition, that they may ever strive to improve themselves and their surroundings, paving the way for the future their creator desired for them. Their tribal society would be ruled by a collective of scholars who would interpret his writings on the spires of the canyon.

Rolled 31

The golems were simple beings, to interpret simple instructions. With their primitive minds they saw the knowledge of writing and began carving shapes into the walls of the canyon with out rhyme or reason, they even began to carve these patterns into themselves. They saw the knowledge of craft, and began digging caves. A few of them were struck by the lightning of the storm and their patterns and eye-like areas glowed with energy. These ones seemed to be slightly more intelligent than the others.

Voice wrote:
"Okay, cool. Now I need some sort of...life...creature thing...Hmmm..." Gene pondered for a moment, tapping his finger on his lips. "I want some sort of spikey-ass flesh-sacks popping up over in my plains, with little beady eyes and long tails, and spikes, and they're green and scary, and they walk on four legs, and they love them some purple plants. Yeah!"

Taking his die in hand, Gene gave mumbled some lucky mumbo jumbo before tossing it on his table. "Fifty-seven." It was a 57. "That's pretty terrible." It was pretty terrible.

Green spiky creatures roamed the plains eating purple plants. Life is pretty okay for them. They're called Popsies.

EVENT: Many Ayla are destroyed in their attack on the Fathom full of Metalmites. The Fathom begins moving out of the Lava ring and towards the garden at the center of the world until it sees the metal forest in the far, far distance and begins to move towards it. The Metalmites, being creatures that reproduce by eating metal, will assuredly destroy the forest if they reach it and if they are given the chance to reproduce, will surely take over the planet.
EVENT: Frog-like creatures emerge from Brometheus' sea. The vibrantly colored frogs do not hop like actual frogs and have fish-like tails. Some of them have red, glowing eyes.
EVENT: The tribe populations grow.

TRIBES
Bolba 1: Yic'sil: Worshiping !#%$. Pop. 60
Bolba 2: Worshiping Alice. Pop. 60
Leyar 1: Not worshiping. Pop. 50
Leyar 2: Bebun: Worshiping Jeff. Pop. 55

Spoiler: click to show

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 pm 

!#%$ chirped with excitement. Things couldn't be going better if he tried! He needed to celebrate. Or prepare? No. Both. It's PERFECT.

Filled with cheer and energy, !#%$ got to work on one of his first creations: Cogus. First, he decided, he would need a guard. No... a bouncer. Yes, he knew just what to do. From what one could only assume was his godly back pocket, he pulled out four spirits: the spirits of his first creations, the primitive robot hermits. Clenching his fist around all four, he mashed them together. When he unclenched his fist, a more advanced and intimidating-looking robot, or something like a robot, stood in its place. Satisfied, !#%$ put it by what would be the entrance. Now to spruce the place up a bit... balloons! Streamers! Flashing lights! Music! Yes, all these would do nicely. Just one last thing. Slowly and carefully, !#%$ put what could only be described as a giant disco ball directly in the center of Cogus, right in the middle of its hole. Perfect.

Using all the power he'd need before the wonderful show that was sure to come, !#%$ thus added an ethereal aspect to Cogus: this would now be the party of the afterlife, where only the raddest would be allowed in. Where the unrad would go is anyone's guess. Perhaps they just wait in line eternally, never moving.

Satisfied, !#%$ simply sat upon Cogus, pulled out some popcorn, and watched.

This would surely be quite a show.

Rolled a 64.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 pm 

Raxy wrote:
McKnackus I wrote:
And now, to make the area more habitable, you decide to add some more vegetation to the mix. Vines growing from the dirt will grow up the inner sides of the valley and produce fruit and leaves for the armored rabbits to eat. The vines can also act as materials for nests and ground to stand on. Some vines will grow into full branches and spring into trees to act as shade when it's needed and farther vegetation. In addition, the roots will reach beneath the crust of the valley and extend to the ditch. The roots will have sharp, poisonous spines and come out from under the crust and thrive in the shade of the slanted mountain, creating a vast thorny brush that will spread throughout the natural moat for farther protection.

In addition, to add to it all, there will be year-round snow on the tips of the mountains, seeing as they are at such a high elevation. This will feed more water into the system below and provide more moisture to the plant life and creatures. In addition, when the suns align every 100 winters, it will turn the snow into clear ice, and it will freeze down the mountain and become like glass to farther concentrate the light. By this method will they learn messages sent from me through the stars and revitalize themselves to full strength.

You roll a 24, Perhaps you were too ambitious in your designs.

In your attempt to create snow covered peaks you end up covering the mountains in snow, and some of the surrounding area. The rabbit-like creatures find the conditions harder to live in, but the metal keeps them... insulated?

((OOC: I take it the other parts of my move didn't happen, or were killed by the snow?))

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 pm 

((OOC: Yeah, you rolled pretty low.))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 am 

((OOC: Alright cool. gettit? ehh? Ehh? HAHA))

You decide it's best to go one step at a time. Forget the snow and ice, let's just focus on the vegetation, so you try once again at the mountain trees and thorny root moat, and add sweet, plentiful fruit to the trees.

You roll a 24. Rotten luck once again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:23 am 
Site Admin

Horus spat in his hands and rubbed them together. He felt confident.

But he also knew exactly what would happen with overconfidence. He needs to have a !#%$ attitude about the entire situation or else he gets another evil bird monster, and dangit, he's not ready to father two children of death.

He needed to downplay it.

"Ohhh, WOE IS ME," Horus said to no one in particular. "I guess it's time for me to screw up yet again! I'm just gonna invoke my wish and the entire situation will get worse, like it usually does."

Horus looked away for a moment, a sly grin forming on his-NO! He looked back with a frown. He must not look confident at all. Confidence is the enemy.

He is the bird god and he will finally gain his momentum through the contrived plot point of the underdog. The nerdy kid who never ran a field in his life suddenly thrown into the football ring, his teammates and his coach refusing to accept his comradery. However, it was through the eyes of the nerd that the team slowly started to win. But then, crisis! A teammate's friend's girlfriend is smackin' on him outside of the gym and the booksmart, but attractive girl next door sees him. He spends half of the time trying to reconcile differences and learn just how much his love for her was as well as beat the big game for his teammates through the use of his superior intellect. Then, at the very end when the big game was won, he is carried out by his fellow teammates and gives the girl next door the greatest love proposal ever. The final scene is them holding hands and looking at the sunset, because their love is pure and Christian.

Yeah.

That would be the best possible scenario.

Okay, enough of that. Horus looks up to the black void sky and back down to the world. He focused on the ice. He uttered the words that would bring to the southern pole a great race of penguins, aware of their creator and willing to do whatever they can to assist their god in mortal matters. Through their creation, he will be able to either take down the Felbird or perhaps the penguins would be able to tame the beast.

He looked down to the world, invoked a final moment of half-faux "This will never happen" sadness and focused hard.

Rolled a 58.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:16 am 

i think that my land should be covered in kind and gentle catgirls! they will respect all the creatures and live in piece and harmony with everyone~<3

Roll(1d100)+0:
98,+0
Total:98

wow im a good roller teehee =3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:34 am 

JEFF DID FEEL THE POWER STORED INSIDE HIM, AND DECIDED THAT NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO UNLEASH IT. HE FELT EXTRAORDINARILY LUCKY THIS TIME AROUND. HE DID LOOK UNTO THE AYLA WITH PITY, BUT HE COULD NOT HELP THEM BECAUSE HIS CHILDREN WERE IN DANGER FROM A THREAT THAT HE WAS APPARENTLY HAVING TROUBLE STOPPING EVEN WITH HIS HIGH ROLLS. HE RAISED HIS HANDS, AND SLAMMED ONE DOWN ONTO THE LAND, SHOVING THE FATHOM, AND THE METALMITES, DEEP INTO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH, WHERE IT WOULD SURELY PERISH UNDER THE HIGH PRESSURE, AND THE INTENSE HEAT.

JEFF DID LOOK DOWN AT THE AYLA, AND STARTED THINKING. IF THE FATHOM WASN'T DEAD, SURELY IT WOULD TRY TO CLIMB OUT OF THE PIT AGAIN. THEN, HE HAD AN IDEA. CLOSE TO HIS FOREST, HE MADE SEVERAL DEEP GASHES IN THE EARTH, DOWN TO A LEVEL WHERE MAGMA POURED INTO THEM. HE THEN IMPLANTED A MAP INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WATCHED THEM MIGRATE TO THESE GASHES, WHERE THEY COULD INTERACT WITH HIS OTHER CHILDREN, AND WHERE HE COULD BEGIN TO SET UP A PROPER CIVILIZATION.

JEFF DID LOOK TIRED, AND LEANED BACK IN HIS CHAIR, AND DECIDED THAT THIS WAS GOOD.

---------------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
100,+0
Total:100

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 am 

Elby wrote:
!#%$ chirped with excitement. Things couldn't be going better if he tried! He needed to celebrate. Or prepare? No. Both. It's PERFECT.

Filled with cheer and energy, !#%$ got to work on one of his first creations: Cogus. First, he decided, he would need a guard. No... a bouncer. Yes, he knew just what to do. From what one could only assume was his godly back pocket, he pulled out four spirits: the spirits of his first creations, the primitive robot hermits. Clenching his fist around all four, he mashed them together. When he unclenched his fist, a more advanced and intimidating-looking robot, or something like a robot, stood in its place. Satisfied, !#%$ put it by what would be the entrance. Now to spruce the place up a bit... balloons! Streamers! Flashing lights! Music! Yes, all these would do nicely. Just one last thing. Slowly and carefully, !#%$ put what could only be described as a giant disco ball directly in the center of Cogus, right in the middle of its hole. Perfect.

Using all the power he'd need before the wonderful show that was sure to come, !#%$ thus added an ethereal aspect to Cogus: this would now be the party of the afterlife, where only the raddest would be allowed in. Where the unrad would go is anyone's guess. Perhaps they just wait in line eternally, never moving.

Satisfied, !#%$ simply sat upon Cogus, pulled out some popcorn, and watched.

This would surely be quite a show.

Rolled a 64.

!#%$ created a new ethereal layer of Cogus with aspects that could only be seen and heard by the dead like streamers, flashing lights, music, and a disco ball. The souls lined up before the grand metal sentinel set to make sure only the chosen enter.

McKnackus I wrote:
You decide it's best to go one step at a time. Forget the snow and ice, let's just focus on the vegetation, so you try once again at the mountain trees and thorny root moat, and add sweet, plentiful fruit to the trees.

You roll a 24. Rotten luck once again.

Seeds are planted but they cannot grow in the extreme weather.

Falcon6 wrote:
Horus spat in his hands and rubbed them together. He felt confident.

But he also knew exactly what would happen with overconfidence. He needs to have a !#%$ attitude about the entire situation or else he gets another evil bird monster, and dangit, he's not ready to father two children of death.

He needed to downplay it.

"Ohhh, WOE IS ME," Horus said to no one in particular. "I guess it's time for me to screw up yet again! I'm just gonna invoke my wish and the entire situation will get worse, like it usually does."

Horus looked away for a moment, a sly grin forming on his-NO! He looked back with a frown. He must not look confident at all. Confidence is the enemy.

He is the bird god and he will finally gain his momentum through the contrived plot point of the underdog. The nerdy kid who never ran a field in his life suddenly thrown into the football ring, his teammates and his coach refusing to accept his comradery. However, it was through the eyes of the nerd that the team slowly started to win. But then, crisis! A teammate's friend's girlfriend is smackin' on him outside of the gym and the booksmart, but attractive girl next door sees him. He spends half of the time trying to reconcile differences and learn just how much his love for her was as well as beat the big game for his teammates through the use of his superior intellect. Then, at the very end when the big game was won, he is carried out by his fellow teammates and gives the girl next door the greatest love proposal ever. The final scene is them holding hands and looking at the sunset, because their love is pure and Christian.

Yeah.

That would be the best possible scenario.

Okay, enough of that. Horus looks up to the black void sky and back down to the world. He focused on the ice. He uttered the words that would bring to the southern pole a great race of penguins, aware of their creator and willing to do whatever they can to assist their god in mortal matters. Through their creation, he will be able to either take down the Felbird or perhaps the penguins would be able to tame the beast.

He looked down to the world, invoked a final moment of half-faux "This will never happen" sadness and focused hard.

Rolled a 58.

Whitish grey, bipedal birds with slicked feathers and long beaks and blue eyes rise in the icy land. They appear to be similar in appearance to the Burr of the desert except they slide on the snow and jet through the water.

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
i think that my land should be covered in kind and gentle catgirls! they will respect all the creatures and live in piece and harmony with everyone~<3

Roll(1d100)+0:
98,+0
Total:98

wow im a good roller teehee =3

From the sugarlands, humanoid girls made of candy with feline ears and tails arise. Their skin is various kinds of colorful sugar with different colors of liquorice hair, peppermint eyes, gumdrop ears, and a gummy worm tail. They are very peaceful creatures that only eat the lands candy and the apologize to the land for what they take, now isn't that cute?

Mecha wrote:
JEFF DID FEEL THE POWER STORED INSIDE HIM, AND DECIDED THAT NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO UNLEASH IT. HE FELT EXTRAORDINARILY LUCKY THIS TIME AROUND. HE DID LOOK UNTO THE AYLA WITH PITY, BUT HE COULD NOT HELP THEM BECAUSE HIS CHILDREN WERE IN DANGER FROM A THREAT THAT HE WAS APPARENTLY HAVING TROUBLE STOPPING EVEN WITH HIS HIGH ROLLS. HE RAISED HIS HANDS, AND SLAMMED ONE DOWN ONTO THE LAND, SHOVING THE FATHOM, AND THE METALMITES, DEEP INTO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH, WHERE IT WOULD SURELY PERISH UNDER THE HIGH PRESSURE, AND THE INTENSE HEAT.

JEFF DID LOOK DOWN AT THE AYLA, AND STARTED THINKING. IF THE FATHOM WASN'T DEAD, SURELY IT WOULD TRY TO CLIMB OUT OF THE PIT AGAIN. THEN, HE HAD AN IDEA. CLOSE TO HIS FOREST, HE MADE SEVERAL DEEP GASHES IN THE EARTH, DOWN TO A LEVEL WHERE MAGMA POURED INTO THEM. HE THEN IMPLANTED A MAP INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WATCHED THEM MIGRATE TO THESE GASHES, WHERE THEY COULD INTERACT WITH HIS OTHER CHILDREN, AND WHERE HE COULD BEGIN TO SET UP A PROPER CIVILIZATION.

JEFF DID LOOK TIRED, AND LEANED BACK IN HIS CHAIR, AND DECIDED THAT THIS WAS GOOD.

---------------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
100,+0

The metalmites were destroyed under the pressure and the Fathom was returned to whence it came. The world was saved! Even if it appears no one else realized it was in danger, and if they did they were partying. Where his fist slammed there was now a great crater.

Gashes of lava form near the metal forest where the remaining Ayla now live, though their numbers are crippled with no current means of reproducing.

EVENT: Leyar Tribe 1, the Zasah tribe, took to their surroundings and learned of planting seeds from the birds that's purpose was to spread them. Feeling pressure from the Bebun tribe being protective of the tree, they moved to the blue fields and built crude huts of metal and began the first farming community. They taught the secrets of farming to their sister tribe, the Bebun. The blue grass seems to have strange effects on the crops but nothing harmful. Each tribes population grows.

Leyar 1: Zasah Not worshiping. Pop. 60
Leyar 2: Bebun: Worshiping Jeff. Pop. 65

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:21 am 

!#%$ stared, rubbing his chin as he watched inquisitively. He'd even say he was a bit impressed by Jeff's display. He got a bit irritated, though, when he looked over to the line to the party of the afterlife, and saw the spirits of the Metalmites trying to eat the ground they stood upon, to no avail. Were those things even supposed to have spirits? Eh, it doesn't matter.

Then, however, his attention fell upon something else. Something much, much worse. Creatures, barely even worthy of that word, more like things, that both wreaked havoc and reeked of havoc, treading upon the ground of one of the newer gods. Those... candy atrocities were the sweetest thing !#%$ had ever seen, in both senses of the word. It was terrifying. It was disgusting. It was... it was...

He couldn't take it anymore. He literally couldn't. !#%$ was now vomiting as hard as an ill vegetarian who was offered a Noah's Ark burger.

As he did so, however, the area of Ayotil it landed upon began to change quite dramatically. The very earth it landed upon began to rot, something like tumbleweeds began to blow across it, albeit made of bubbling, fleshy, acidic spores, but most apparent of all were the creatures which began to rise up. What they were made of wasn't entirely clear, as they tended to melt themselves with every slosh forward, and reformed different than what they were previously with every "step." However, they generally always involved some mishmash of dark, red flesh, greyish-green slop which seemed to be where most their acidic properties came from, and squishy black parts.

His stomach letting up, !#%$ simply sat there for a moment, wiping his mouth as he tried to regain his composure, but simple sat and watched as these new creations flowed forth. They seemed very unorganized, but at the same time, they did seem bent on one destination: the candy land which started this whole mess.

Rolled a 65.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:37 pm 

oh my goodness these creatures are 100% cutie patooties without even trying!!! Im going to make them a huge spiral mountain made of cocoa in the center of their land where they can carve out cute little cave houses to live in~

i rolled a 78~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 pm 

JEFF DID LOOK DOWN UNTO ALL HIS WORK, AND HE DID FEEL A SENSE OF PROGRESS. BUT, HIS WORK WAS FAR FROM DONE. HE LOOKED DOWN TO HIS CHILDREN, THE AYLA, AND SAW HOW THEIR NUMBERS WERE DWINDLING. HE KNEW THAT IT WOULD TAKE A DIVINE ACT OF HIM TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. HE REACHED DOWN, AND SEPERATED THE AYLA'S BODIES. HE MADE HALF OF THE BODIES OUT OF STONE, AND HALF OUT OF FIRE AND MAGMA. THE STONE BODIES WOULD BE MALE, AND THE FIRE BODIES WOULD BE FEMALE.

HOWEVER, HE NOTICED THAT THE MALES WERE SO HEAVY, THEY COULD NO LONGER LEAVE THE MAGMA POOLS. JEFF SAW THIS, AND NOTED IT, AND SAW THAT IT WAS OKAY. HE MOVED THE MALES BACK TO THE VOLCANO AREA, SO THAT THE FEMALES WOULD HAVE TO MAKE A JOURNEY TO REPRODUCE. BUT BEFORE HE COULD FINISH THAT, HE HAD AN IDEA OF HOW TO GO ABOUT THAT.

BUT FIRST, HE NEEDED TO REST. HE USED THE REST OF HIS POWER FROM THIS ROLL TO REGENERATE HIS POWERS, SO IT WAS WRITTEN.
--------------------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
100,+0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 am 
Site Admin

The underdog Horus continues to look to the ice cap.

"Okay," he thought to himself. "I need more water for my penguins. They need more space. I need to connect."

He knew if he even tried to melt the ice just a little bit for more water, the trickster invisible god of luck screwing with his biz will invoke a worse fate. A punch in the gut and a bunch of penguins in lava.

But no. He knows better now. Any sort of wrong wordplay will result in the worst possible scenario. He needed to be coy with his manipulation. A better way to do that would be to not actually say he's manipulating. But hey, we fought so much and got so far.

He looked to the barren wasteland and spots of area between the jungle and the icecap. He then tore at the world to create a giant trench between the two points, careful not to send any cracks or damage to the other area, because he didn't want his god buddies mad at him. Then he willed for water to connect the two points together. He knew it would have to meet up with the metal jungle's waterway, but that was a threat he had to deal with.

Rolled a 73

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 am 

The uplifted Fleigh'ur known only informally as the First set about a task that would not require any divine interference. Much to the puzzlement and slight discomfort of his peers, he simply sat outside the gathering place that they had unofficially considered their home, holding his bloody wing bones and a rock. He kept scraping the bones along the rock, trying to sharpen them, although what purpose he had in mind was hard to say.

It was a pity - as of yet, he was the only one of their ranks who possessed much in the way of imagination. But it was to be expected when you were dealing with a tribe of abominations sewn together from fragments of souls and flesh and failure. They needed the right form of prodding to consider what they might become in time.

In the meantime, Legault considered what his next machination was to be. He was admittedly straining to press the Fleigh'ur in the right direction - they seemed resistant to the methods he had utilized in the past. He tapped his black quill thoughtfully against the paper he held in his hands, trying to determine what it was going to take to motivate these creatures.

...Ah. Of course.

He smiled. It was a wonder he hadn't thought to try this yet. And it fit so well thematically with the miserable little creatures too and the grand design that his master had in mind for them.

Thrusting his quill into a jar containing a dark, milky substance, he plucked it free only to hold it over the corresponding place on the globe over the Fleigh'ur. Ever so delicately, he allowed drops of the ink (if such a substance could indeed be called such) to drip into the atmosphere. There, if things went as he intended, they would float above the island, slowly turning into condensed vapor which would, in turn, resolve itself into storm clouds that would exist perpetually, regardless of any seasonal inclinations. As they had not been filled with anything or given any purpose, they would not serve much of a purpose yet other than to look terribly ominous and dreary.

It was best to work in small steps after all.

(Result: 59)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 am 
Site Admin

Horus realizes something right then and there. He knew that he would actually have to deal with the Felbird in some way, especially with opening up an actual waterway for him to guide himself towards.

He looks at the globe and took a moment to see any activity the felbird had done. It had been a while. Maybe he flew into the sun.

Free action???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:42 am 

Elby wrote:
As he did so, however, the area of Ayotil it landed upon began to change quite dramatically. The very earth it landed upon began to rot, something like tumbleweeds began to blow across it, albeit made of bubbling, fleshy, acidic spores, but most apparent of all were the creatures which began to rise up. What they were made of wasn't entirely clear, as they tended to melt themselves with every slosh forward, and reformed different than what they were previously with every "step." However, they generally always involved some mishmash of dark, red flesh, greyish-green slop which seemed to be where most their acidic properties came from, and squishy black parts.

His stomach letting up, !#%$ simply sat there for a moment, wiping his mouth as he tried to regain his composure, but simple sat and watched as these new creations flowed forth. They seemed very unorganized, but at the same time, they did seem bent on one destination: the candy land which started this whole mess.

Rolled a 65.

In the northern jungle disgusting, formless creatures rose full of hate. In their minds eye, they saw their ancient enemy but they were lost in the jungle and could not find them. The land is poisoned by their presence, creating a toxic jungle where the creatures that live there infected lifeforms.

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
oh my goodness these creatures are 100% cutie patooties without even trying!!! Im going to make them a huge spiral mountain made of cocoa in the center of their land where they can carve out cute little cave houses to live in~

i rolled a 78~

Cocoa mountain raised itself from the sugarlands. They carved out areas to live in and take cat naps with. Then they thanked Mr. Mountain for letting them sleep there.

Mecha wrote:
JEFF DID LOOK DOWN UNTO ALL HIS WORK, AND HE DID FEEL A SENSE OF PROGRESS. BUT, HIS WORK WAS FAR FROM DONE. HE LOOKED DOWN TO HIS CHILDREN, THE AYLA, AND SAW HOW THEIR NUMBERS WERE DWINDLING. HE KNEW THAT IT WOULD TAKE A DIVINE ACT OF HIM TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. HE REACHED DOWN, AND SEPERATED THE AYLA'S BODIES. HE MADE HALF OF THE BODIES OUT OF STONE, AND HALF OUT OF FIRE AND MAGMA. THE STONE BODIES WOULD BE MALE, AND THE FIRE BODIES WOULD BE FEMALE.

HOWEVER, HE NOTICED THAT THE MALES WERE SO HEAVY, THEY COULD NO LONGER LEAVE THE MAGMA POOLS. JEFF SAW THIS, AND NOTED IT, AND SAW THAT IT WAS OKAY. HE MOVED THE MALES BACK TO THE VOLCANO AREA, SO THAT THE FEMALES WOULD HAVE TO MAKE A JOURNEY TO REPRODUCE. BUT BEFORE HE COULD FINISH THAT, HE HAD AN IDEA OF HOW TO GO ABOUT THAT.

BUT FIRST, HE NEEDED TO REST. HE USED THE REST OF HIS POWER FROM THIS ROLL TO REGENERATE HIS POWERS, SO IT WAS WRITTEN.
--------------------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
100,+0

The stone and fire that made the Ayla split, creating the male and females of their race. With out the extra weight, the female Ayla felt they could leave their pools. However, they were uncomfortable being out of sight of them, along with naturally burning non-metal plants. They also were able to travel quicker in lava, but were limited to where the lava could take them.

Falcon6 wrote:
The underdog Horus continues to look to the ice cap.

"Okay," he thought to himself. "I need more water for my penguins. They need more space. I need to connect."

He knew if he even tried to melt the ice just a little bit for more water, the trickster invisible god of luck screwing with his biz will invoke a worse fate. A punch in the gut and a bunch of penguins in lava.

But no. He knows better now. Any sort of wrong wordplay will result in the worst possible scenario. He needed to be coy with his manipulation. A better way to do that would be to not actually say he's manipulating. But hey, we fought so much and got so far.

He looked to the barren wasteland and spots of area between the jungle and the icecap. He then tore at the world to create a giant trench between the two points, careful not to send any cracks or damage to the other area, because he didn't want his god buddies mad at him. Then he willed for water to connect the two points together. He knew it would have to meet up with the metal jungle's waterway, but that was a threat he had to deal with.

Rolled a 73

Blue veins drip through the world, creating a vast network of waterways.

Mister Owl wrote:
The uplifted Fleigh'ur known only informally as the First set about a task that would not require any divine interference. Much to the puzzlement and slight discomfort of his peers, he simply sat outside the gathering place that they had unofficially considered their home, holding his bloody wing bones and a rock. He kept scraping the bones along the rock, trying to sharpen them, although what purpose he had in mind was hard to say.

It was a pity - as of yet, he was the only one of their ranks who possessed much in the way of imagination. But it was to be expected when you were dealing with a tribe of abominations sewn together from fragments of souls and flesh and failure. They needed the right form of prodding to consider what they might become in time.

In the meantime, Legault considered what his next machination was to be. He was admittedly straining to press the Fleigh'ur in the right direction - they seemed resistant to the methods he had utilized in the past. He tapped his black quill thoughtfully against the paper he held in his hands, trying to determine what it was going to take to motivate these creatures.

...Ah. Of course.

He smiled. It was a wonder he hadn't thought to try this yet. And it fit so well thematically with the miserable little creatures too and the grand design that his master had in mind for them.

Thrusting his quill into a jar containing a dark, milky substance, he plucked it free only to hold it over the corresponding place on the globe over the Fleigh'ur. Ever so delicately, he allowed drops of the ink (if such a substance could indeed be called such) to drip into the atmosphere. There, if things went as he intended, they would float above the island, slowly turning into condensed vapor which would, in turn, resolve itself into storm clouds that would exist perpetually, regardless of any seasonal inclinations. As they had not been filled with anything or given any purpose, they would not serve much of a purpose yet other than to look terribly ominous and dreary.

It was best to work in small steps after all.

(Result: 59)

The other Fleigh'ur tend to avoid the First, thinking him to be strange. Meanwhile, a storm brews above their home.

Falcon6 wrote:

Horus realizes something right then and there. He knew that he would actually have to deal with the Felbird in some way, especially with opening up an actual waterway for him to guide himself towards.

He looks at the globe and took a moment to see any activity the felbird had done. It had been a while. Maybe he flew into the sun.

Free action???

You glance upon one of your great mistakes, that giant, multi-eyed beast, the Felbird. With out anyone paying attention to it, it had been gathering fallen trees and using its plant magic to bind them together in the forest.

Oh.

Oh god.

It's building a fortress.

EVENT: The Fleigh'ur develop a basic language and form a simple tribe with no leadership deep within their catacombs. They are the white dot on the map, the island and hole being their home.

TRIBES
Leyar 1: Zasah: Not worshiping. Pop. 60
Fleigh'ur: Not worshiping. Pop. 100

You suddenly feel a power shift in the world and feel that there is more to it than you can see. You look on the other side to find a strange new land. You see its covered in a raging oceans with the main land being split between a scorching desert that barely harbors life, a swamp full of angry Shades, a peaceful land surrounded by treacherous mountains, a large plain near a vast forest full of danger, an unending storm hiding its contents from the world, all centered around a deadly canyon,

and ruled by gods you never met before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:20 am 
Site Admin

"O-oh"

Horus grinned nervously.

"A...a fortress. That...that's fun! That' s a guh-g-great thing. That's just puh-puh-peachy k-keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen...~"

He then cried for a few days alone.

Free action

((OOC: Not gonna abuse that. Just really wanted to react to it.))

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:40 am 

!#%$ coughed a bit as he finally managed to regain his composure. Seeing the results of his, uh... actions, he was a bit pleased. Not quite all he could hope for, but he'll take what he can get.

That aside, though, he turned his gaze back to the candy land... and then promptly turned away again, covering his mouth as he tried his best not to have a repeat. But the point is, something had to be done, and he knew just what to-

Wait, new lands? New GODS? Candyass over there can wait, !#%$ was eager to greet these new neighbors in the most... diplomatic way possible. Don't mind the chuckling as he rubbed his hands together, he's just that excited to have new company, let me tell you.

So sat and thought !#%$ did. So many new places, so many new people, so many new opportunities! Where to even start?! It was a difficult choice, to say the least, but he got just the right idea, he felt.

Turning his gaze to the border of the plains and the dangerous forest next to it. Along this border, he made a new plant: the stem being small and a simple green one might expect from a plant, expanding at the top into a large, round, flat surface, upon which large, bright red berries would grow. These berries had a very pungent, delicious-smelling aura, all with a taste to match. They even had a... bit of an addictive quality to them, you could say.

Rolled a 73.

With that out of the way, !#%$ took a cue from his buddy Horus over there--who he thought was doing a fantastic job, by the way--and decided to take one of these "free actions." Eying up the gods, he considered his options carefully. The first four didn't interest him much: air, fire, sea, and plants, yeah, yeah. He did giggle a bit at the thought of limiting oneself to such a degree, but that was a matter for another time. The fifth one, however, interested him greatly: small, black, and in a business suit. What, is he the god of order? Death? Regardless, he'd have to keep his eye on that one. No contact for now, though, now is certainly not the time.

The last one, though--the yellow one. The mace-hand, the armor, the shield--surely he was the god of war. And the squinty eyes... were they happy, even? It was hard to tell, but this was clearly the prime candidate.

Casually sliding up to this yellow fellow, !#%$ put on the most casual, friendly voice he could muster: "So, hey, buddy, I'm new here. You seem pretty cool, what's it like here, on this half of the planet? And just what are you all about, anyways? Or those other guys, for that matter?"

!#%$ simply sat there, awaiting an answer with the most innocent and cheerful face anyone could ever see.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

Horus watched the Felbird for a while longer, intent on figuring out a way to deal with him. Maybe if he tamed it, he could use it to prove dominance to the other gods, as well as these new folks from the other side of the globe.

He thought about what the demon bird would want....

....!
Ah, he got it! He would create a giant fish! The fish would migrate from the icecap through the river and end up next to the giant Felfortress. He would make sure the fish had some sort of "signature" to prove to the felbird it was a gift from on high for its cooperation. Maybe put his face on the fish like a tattoo. That would sell it.

He started to work his godly magic.

Rolled a 29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 am 

oh my goodness these new people are probably really nice! *walks over and shakes their hands* haha hello everyone i hope we can be super sugoi friends desu~!!!

i think i would also like to be friends with this fellbird it seems like a pretty nice person! im going to send some of my catgirls over to become super friendly neighbors! i will send a bunch of really big swedish fish and some cream~

and then we will be super amazing friends~~

and then i became SUPER NEKOMUSUME~CHAN and rolled a mighty 100!! NYO ONE WILL STAND IN MY PATH FOR FRIENDSHIP NYA HA HA!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:27 am 

JEFF DID SUDDENLY FEEL AN INCREDIBLE URGE

AN URGE TO CLEAN THE NEW GOD'S DISGUSTING PLAY AREA, CHEETOS BAGS ALL OVER THE GROUND AND FILTHY CANS OF MOUNTAIN DEW, POSSIBLY FILLED WITH SOMETHING THAT WASN'T MOUNTAIN DEW

JEFF DID THEN CLEAN THE NEW GOD'S AREA INTO A SPOTLESS SHINE
--------------------------------------------------------

Roll(1d100)+0:
90,+0
Total:90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:32 am 

Elby wrote:
!#%$ coughed a bit as he finally managed to regain his composure. Seeing the results of his, uh... actions, he was a bit pleased. Not quite all he could hope for, but he'll take what he can get.

That aside, though, he turned his gaze back to the candy land... and then promptly turned away again, covering his mouth as he tried his best not to have a repeat. But the point is, something had to be done, and he knew just what to-

Wait, new lands? New GODS? Candyass over there can wait, !#%$ was eager to greet these new neighbors in the most... diplomatic way possible. Don't mind the chuckling as he rubbed his hands together, he's just that excited to have new company, let me tell you.

So sat and thought !#%$ did. So many new places, so many new people, so many new opportunities! Where to even start?! It was a difficult choice, to say the least, but he got just the right idea, he felt.

Turning his gaze to the border of the plains and the dangerous forest next to it. Along this border, he made a new plant: the stem being small and a simple green one might expect from a plant, expanding at the top into a large, round, flat surface, upon which large, bright red berries would grow. These berries had a very pungent, delicious-smelling aura, all with a taste to match. They even had a... bit of an addictive quality to them, you could say.

Rolled a 73.

The strange plateplant could be found along the border of the forest and the plains. Some wild creatures became addicted to them, and would soon often be found around them.

Elby wrote:
With that out of the way, !#%$ took a cue from his buddy Horus over there--who he thought was doing a fantastic job, by the way--and decided to take one of these "free actions." Eying up the gods, he considered his options carefully. The first four didn't interest him much: air, fire, sea, and plants, yeah, yeah. He did giggle a bit at the thought of limiting oneself to such a degree, but that was a matter for another time. The fifth one, however, interested him greatly: small, black, and in a business suit. What, is he the god of order? Death? Regardless, he'd have to keep his eye on that one. No contact for now, though, now is certainly not the time.

The last one, though--the yellow one. The mace-hand, the armor, the shield--surely he was the god of war. And the squinty eyes... were they happy, even? It was hard to tell, but this was clearly the prime candidate.

Casually sliding up to this yellow fellow, !#%$ put on the most casual, friendly voice he could muster: "So, hey, buddy, I'm new here. You seem pretty cool, what's it like here, on this half of the planet? And just what are you all about, anyways? Or those other guys, for that matter?"

!#%$ simply sat there, awaiting an answer with the most innocent and cheerful face anyone could ever see.

The being that !#%$ spoke to seemed to be just as surprised and intrigued that there was another half of the planet. They spoke in a strange way that sounded of warriors screaming for blood, swords and weapons clashing, and a constant underlying laughter.

"I, Enyo, build my castles in the mountains.
Silly Serapyr thinks they're a hero.
Raging Aether watches above, busy workers preparing for whats below.
Creepy Corves fills the swamp with titan, spirit, and crow.
Childish Cerunnos wants the plains.
And Grand Morian eats the land with her oceans."

Falcon6 wrote:
Horus watched the Felbird for a while longer, intent on figuring out a way to deal with him. Maybe if he tamed it, he could use it to prove dominance to the other gods, as well as these new folks from the other side of the globe.

He thought about what the demon bird would want....

....!
Ah, he got it! He would create a giant fish! The fish would migrate from the icecap through the river and end up next to the giant Felfortress. He would make sure the fish had some sort of "signature" to prove to the felbird it was a gift from on high for its cooperation. Maybe put his face on the fish like a tattoo. That would sell it.

He started to work his godly magic.

Rolled a 29

In the south the whale-sized fish sprang to life with a crude recreation of it's creator's face on its back and began its quest towards the jungle. However, the fish was going impossibly slow. Who knew how long its pilgrimage would take and what would happen to it on the way?

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
oh my goodness these new people are probably really nice! *walks over and shakes their hands* haha hello everyone i hope we can be super sugoi friends desu~!!!

i think i would also like to be friends with this fellbird it seems like a pretty nice person! im going to send some of my catgirls over to become super friendly neighbors! i will send a bunch of really big swedish fish and some cream~

and then we will be super amazing friends~~

and then i became SUPER NEKOMUSUME~CHAN and rolled a mighty 100!! NYO ONE WILL STAND IN MY PATH FOR FRIENDSHIP NYA HA HA!

The other gods did not seem very fond of Bastet.

Divine vision brought the catgirls to the jungle miraculously avoiding the swamp and the creature's detection. With them they brought Swedish fish and cream as offerings for the great Fellbird. It took the offerings in exchange for allowing the candy catgirls to live in the jungle. The catgirls had fun hunting and thanking the land, but it would take some time getting used to eating plants and meat.

Mecha wrote:
JEFF DID SUDDENLY FEEL AN INCREDIBLE URGE

AN URGE TO CLEAN THE NEW GOD'S DISGUSTING PLAY AREA, CHEETOS BAGS ALL OVER THE GROUND AND FILTHY CANS OF MOUNTAIN DEW, POSSIBLY FILLED WITH SOMETHING THAT WASN'T MOUNTAIN DEW

JEFF DID THEN CLEAN THE NEW GOD'S AREA INTO A SPOTLESS SHINE
--------------------------------------------------------

Roll(1d100)+0:
90,+0
Total:90

Jeff cleaned the godly realm of their neighbors. It was spotless though they did not seem to notice much.

TRIBES
Leyar 1: Zasah: Not worshiping. Pop. 60
Fleigh'ur: Not worshiping. Pop. 100

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:01 am 
Site Admin

Free mother!#%$ action

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next