Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:36 pm 

Out of disappointment that Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U didn’t have a story/adventure mode like the Subspace Emissary in Brawl, I decided to make one of my own. Here's the backstory, which probably contains details an actual player wouldn’t know until playing through.

----------

Enter the world of Super Smash Bros., a world where iconic video-gaming characters coexist, for better or worse. They are, in essence, living trophies—replicas of the characters they embody, although none of them are yet aware of it. But each one carries the knowledge of his or her respective franchise; as such, they do not know much of those living outside their domain.

Master Hand is the creator of this universe and the living trophies that inhabit it. Like a child with its favorite play-set, it arranged this conglomerate world exactly the way it wanted, dictating the boundaries of both land and public knowledge, quarantining each franchise to itself. All this, Master Hand did for the sake of reveling before a living, breathing, all-star collection.

Yet for every child’s urge to create and perfect, there is also the desire to destroy and torment for the sheer pleasure of it. That desire manifested in Crazy Hand, the hand opposite of Master Hand. While the characters lived in their created environments and often created mischief amongst themselves, large-scale catastrophes were often the work of Crazy Hand. Whatever was lost was always restored by Master Hand, however, and in this fashion the two hands ruled this universe without any of their creations being the wiser.

None were the wiser, that is, except for one. Created to be a goddess as she was in her franchise, one trophy called Palutena, with her heightened senses, saw Master Hand as it raised mountains on the world below her domain of Skyworld. Being unaware that the world—and she herself—belonged to Master Hand, Palutena took offense to this manipulation and did battle with the creator. Master Hand was caught off guard, defeated, and imprisoned within the enchanted walls of Palutena’s Temple. So ended Master Hand’s dominance of the Super Smash Bros. universe.

Whatever one hand experienced did not escape the notice of the other, and as such, Crazy Hand knew of Master Hand’s imprisonment. Rather than rescue its counterpart, however, it took advantage of its absence and withdrew to wreak whatever havoc it pleased upon the world, although it had the wisdom to remain discreet in order to evade Palutena’s detection. Silently, it began to tear down the boundaries that kept each franchise isolated, and watched as they steadily began to intermingle...

This is the point where our story begins.

----------

At first, I thought about writing out the entire story by myself, but then I decided it would be more fun (and boost activity) to have everyone pitch in. So, are there any dynamics you would like to see explored? Be it between characters, environments, or whatnot, anything you can imagine is possible.

However, I have one rule: everything must come from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U. No adding anything from extra third-party franchises or anything like that.

I'll start off with a simple example: I want there to be a war between Hyrule and Akaneia/Ylisse/whatever the Fire Emblem land would be called.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:22 pm 

How does this have over 4000 views and yet not a single reply?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:46 am 

I'm pretty sure, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, a lot of the high view counts from single to double page threads come from bots viewing them as guests, and the various other bots we get. We really only have a handful of active members, so the occasional pageview would be normal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:12 pm 

I suppose that makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 pm 

Mecha wrote:
I'm pretty sure, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, a lot of the high view counts from single to double page threads come from bots viewing them as guests, and the various other bots we get. We really only have a handful of active members, so the occasional pageview would be normal.
This is definitely the case cause I log in randomly and see a lot of bots on.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."