Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaming Status
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:11 pm 

FSLAR wrote:
I didn't get Awakening till September since I couldn't find it any lower prices since release, and most stores sold out, since I didn't realize Nintendo no longer lowers their prices on most of their stuff. That said, I was on and off not just due to other games, but due to some things like the reinforcement !#%$ on higher difficulties, one of my guys getting critical'd multiple times in a row, and suicide attackers...compare to this Path of Radiance which during my summer, I played at least once a week if not almost every day regardless of me dying, since I usually felt like it was my fault. PoR's story was certainly more engaging too, where I wanted to see Ike succeed and what would happened next, but Awakening just seemed all over the place, though still a fine story on its own.

2013 was one great year though, totally. For games, for life...well maybe not everyone had it great, but I guess we did!.....oh wait you spent time grinding everything too? Me as well! I blame my inner Pokenerd for that.

Image Those high difficulties never mess around in Fire Emblem, best watch yourself. Actually, I've never even attempted anything higher than Normal in the franchise, truthfully. Always felt too intimidating to me, and what I've heard from Awakening's Lunatic (and +) is enough to make me say nope to that, forever. (I should at least attempt PoR's though since it actually changes the final boss...)

PoR is an interesting case for me since it was my very first game in the franchise. Before Awakening came around, I deemed it to be the most beginner friendly in the series (though keep in mind, the only other ones I played before making that recommendation on the old boards were Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn). I kept playing it most every day not so much because I was determined to see it through but because it was my first time seeing a game like this, it was a fresh experience. Well, kinda fresh... I did play Advance Wars first, which plays just like these games minus the RPG leveling.

I can certainly agree with the entire Tellius line having a more interesting story, personally. Awakening's was fine for what it was, but the ones that took place in Tellius felt more grounded to reality to me, especially the first game. The entire conflict of these entire games centered around racism against Laguz whilst Awakening feels more fantastical in nature, dealing with the return of the Fell Dragon Grima. It made Tellius feel a lot closer to home since it dealt with themes we in real life have had to conquer ourselves and are still trying to fight to this day. Guess it also helps that Ike is one of my favourite Lords in the franchise (and deserves a better voice actor) just for being more normal than anyone else. Every lord prior and even now has been of royal lineage. Ike broke that trend and gave us a character that was a lot more relatable. He doesn't have an army to command, he's just a mercenary trying to do the right thing. I guess it also helps that he's pretty much one of the most powerful Lords in the entire franchise (though I feel Chrom and Corrin trump him due to the nature of leveling up in Awakening and Fates:Birthright/Revelations). A part of me is still disappointed he's so slow in Smash since, at least in my game files, he was always able to hit twice against pretty much everybody not named The Black Knight, but I concede it's due to balance reasons.

I think Awakening seeming "all over the place" as you put it was kinda more or less due to its arc structure. You basically had three parts to Awakening: The Pelgian Invasion arc, the Conqueror Walhart arc, and the Grima Revival arc while Path of Radiance really only had one: reclaiming Crimea and getting Elincia back to the throne not counting that 4 Chapter section in the middle of Begnion involving Oliver and the herons. That's not even counting the Paralogues that Awakening had, which really put it all over the place.

Ah well, both games I still feel are the pinnacle of FE in North America and worth playing. Looking forward to seeing where Fates will be placed.

...And bonus points to Tellius for giving us catgirls. If the avatar creation was available back then, I'd marry Lethe so quickly...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:48 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
FSLAR wrote:
I didn't get Awakening till September since I couldn't find it any lower prices since release, and most stores sold out, since I didn't realize Nintendo no longer lowers their prices on most of their stuff. That said, I was on and off not just due to other games, but due to some things like the reinforcement !#%$ on higher difficulties, one of my guys getting critical'd multiple times in a row, and suicide attackers...compare to this Path of Radiance which during my summer, I played at least once a week if not almost every day regardless of me dying, since I usually felt like it was my fault. PoR's story was certainly more engaging too, where I wanted to see Ike succeed and what would happened next, but Awakening just seemed all over the place, though still a fine story on its own.

2013 was one great year though, totally. For games, for life...well maybe not everyone had it great, but I guess we did!.....oh wait you spent time grinding everything too? Me as well! I blame my inner Pokenerd for that.

Image Those high difficulties never mess around in Fire Emblem, best watch yourself. Actually, I've never even attempted anything higher than Normal in the franchise, truthfully. Always felt too intimidating to me, and what I've heard from Awakening's Lunatic (and +) is enough to make me say nope to that, forever. (I should at least attempt PoR's though since it actually changes the final boss...)

PoR is an interesting case for me since it was my very first game in the franchise. Before Awakening came around, I deemed it to be the most beginner friendly in the series (though keep in mind, the only other ones I played before making that recommendation on the old boards were Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn). I kept playing it most every day not so much because I was determined to see it through but because it was my first time seeing a game like this, it was a fresh experience. Well, kinda fresh... I did play Advance Wars first, which plays just like these games minus the RPG leveling.

I can certainly agree with the entire Tellius line having a more interesting story, personally. Awakening's was fine for what it was, but the ones that took place in Tellius felt more grounded to reality to me, especially the first game. The entire conflict of these entire games centered around racism against Laguz whilst Awakening feels more fantastical in nature, dealing with the return of the Fell Dragon Grima. It made Tellius feel a lot closer to home since it dealt with themes we in real life have had to conquer ourselves and are still trying to fight to this day. Guess it also helps that Ike is one of my favourite Lords in the franchise (and deserves a better voice actor) just for being more normal than anyone else. Every lord prior and even now has been of royal lineage. Ike broke that trend and gave us a character that was a lot more relatable. He doesn't have an army to command, he's just a mercenary trying to do the right thing. I guess it also helps that he's pretty much one of the most powerful Lords in the entire franchise (though I feel Chrom and Corrin trump him due to the nature of leveling up in Awakening and Fates:Birthright/Revelations). A part of me is still disappointed he's so slow in Smash since, at least in my game files, he was always able to hit twice against pretty much everybody not named The Black Knight, but I concede it's due to balance reasons.

I think Awakening seeming "all over the place" as you put it was kinda more or less due to its arc structure. You basically had three parts to Awakening: The Pelgian Invasion arc, the Conqueror Walhart arc, and the Grima Revival arc while Path of Radiance really only had one: reclaiming Crimea and getting Elincia back to the throne not counting that 4 Chapter section in the middle of Begnion involving Oliver and the herons. That's not even counting the Paralogues that Awakening had, which really put it all over the place.

Ah well, both games I still feel are the pinnacle of FE in North America and worth playing. Looking forward to seeing where Fates will be placed.

...And bonus points to Tellius for giving us catgirls. If the avatar creation was available back then, I'd marry Lethe so quickly...
Honestly, I heard Awakening was easier and simpler compared to other games, and it did feel that way so I figured, why not try Hard? I'm not going onto Lunatic or beyond, dear lord never. PoR's might be worth it for what yo usaid...

PoR is a lot of peoples' first, and it did seem pretty beginner friendly. And indeed, I felt the same way as playing it every day, just had to see what happened next!

There's nothing really wrong with Awakening's story, it's just there's so much that I feel it loses some intrigue. The Tellius games were pretty simple, and while it added more as the story went on, it still had the basic premise. You could say Awakening focuses on
Spoiler: click to show
Grima
primarily, or something like that, but it really doesn't. And Ike being not of noble birth did help me connect, but it was also just how Ike pressed on despite everything around him saying 'you shall not pass', he didn't give in, and at times, things got hard on poor Ike and his gang. I do wish he was a little faster in Smash though, but I'll live. I do love seeing the reactions of people when they learn he's got such high speed in his games though, lmao. And on the Black Knight, fighting him was such a pain in the ass. So much involved, and you needed a maxed out Ike at that point. Though being able to use a finalized Ike to kill just about everything in the end game is satisfying as all hell.

You summed it up due to the structure, especially since sometimes it just went into the next arc. Those paralogues though, damn. I just gotta see how Fates fits in though, but yeah, for us outside of Japan, PoR and Awakening are great.

You and your catgirls!

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:14 pm 

Image Alright then, pushed through it, got the ending of Awakening at last, and with a week to spare.

Boy, Morgan became quite a beast!
...Literally, since she's part tageul...
...What are you staring at?!
VICTORY!

As an aside, hearing Id (Purpose) play when it is supposed to just feels so much better knowing the context. Though afterwards, I did crank up how often it plays in My Music in Smash right after finishing the game.

Last edited by The Great B-Man on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 am 

I've begun playing Mario & Luigi Paper Jam. It seems alright so far. Feels like it takes a lot of assets from Dream Team but some of the mechanics with the copy block have been interesting and I like the dash ability in the over world.

I also picked up a lot of ubisoft games in the ubisoft bundle, though the only one I've installed is Grow Home since UPlay doesn't seem to be working. That said, Grow Home is actually pretty nice. A very relaxing exploration platformer collectathon.

I've also started another pacifist run in Undertale for secrets and dialog I missed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:24 am 

McKnackus I wrote:
I also picked up a lot of ubisoft games in the ubisoft bundle, though the only one I've installed is Grow Home since UPlay doesn't seem to be working.

Image What's this? UPlay isn't working? Surely, you jest!

But no, seriously, I was curious to hear thoughts about Paper Jam. Not sure about it myself. Haven't bothered to grab it since Dream Team never really wowed me. It wasn't bad, just kinda meh compared to BiS and SS. Also felt disappointed by how little this crossover seems to really push itself other than "Some are in 3D, some are made of paper, wackiness ensues." Reminds me of a picture on Miiverse I saw with an excellent drawing showing Rawk Hawk and Popple wondering when they'll show up.

That being said, it still at least seems like a solid title and I'm sure I'll try it some time down the line, but right now, I've got my eyes set on other prospects for 3DS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:59 am 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image Alright then, pushed through it, got the ending of Awakening at last, and with a week to spare.

Boy, Morgan became quite a beast!
...Literally, since she's part tageul...
...What are you staring at?!
VICTORY!

As an aside, hearing Id (Purpose) play when it is supposed to just feels so much better knowing the context. Though afterwards, I did crank up how often it plays in My Music in Smash right after finishing the game.
Yeaeh! Morgan is such a beast with the right parents, it's awesome...wait, you meant literally....uh, still stands.

Uplay can be weird at times, I don't like its interface. I need to pick up some Ubisoft games, namely Rayman.

Also agreeing on Dream Team, B, it didn't wow me. It should have, but a lot of times it did irritate me with stuff like Giant Battles being disguised as touch screen QTEs. All right game, but I'm waiting a bit on Paper Jam.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:20 am 

FSLAR wrote:
Yeaeh! Morgan is such a beast with the right parents, it's awesome...wait, you meant literally....uh, still stands.

Uplay can be weird at times, I don't like its interface. I need to pick up some Ubisoft games, namely Rayman.

Also agreeing on Dream Team, B, it didn't wow me. It should have, but a lot of times it did irritate me with stuff like Giant Battles being disguised as touch screen QTEs. All right game, but I'm waiting a bit on Paper Jam.

Image Rayman Origins is one of the games UPlay has screwed me over from playing along with Anno. Honestly, if you want me to use your service, UbiSoft, you should bloody well make sure the darn thing actually works! Maybe they should do with UPlay what they are doing with Assassin's Creed this year.

Completely agree on Giant Battles. Just a dumb gimmick that kinda looked neat but offered nothing of real value to the overall product. I don't get why AD needs to keep adding these strange limited battle gimmicks ever since Bowser's Inside Story. Superstar Saga and Partners in Time had nothing but pure Mario RPG styled battles and it was fine. Let's not even get into the fact that I've heard stories of the game outright crashing during those Giant Luigi segments until it was patched. Probably another reason I stopped playing...

Good news is that Giant Battles are gone, but they have been replaced with Papercraft Battles. Wonder how well they play... Will wait for McKnack to tell us more.

((OOC: And I absolutely meant that Morgan is a beast both figuratively and literally. Joke was too good to pass up. Yeah, I ended up marrying Panne for this to work... Hey! Don't mess with a bunny judge me!))

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:04 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image Rayman Origins is one of the games UPlay has screwed me over from playing along with Anno. Honestly, if you want me to use your service, UbiSoft, you should bloody well make sure the darn thing actually works! Maybe they should do with UPlay what they are doing with Assassin's Creed this year.

Completely agree on Giant Battles. Just a dumb gimmick that kinda looked neat but offered nothing of real value to the overall product. I don't get why AD needs to keep adding these strange limited battle gimmicks ever since Bowser's Inside Story. Superstar Saga and Partners in Time had nothing but pure Mario RPG styled battles and it was fine. Let's not even get into the fact that I've heard stories of the game outright crashing during those Giant Luigi segments until it was patched. Probably another reason I stopped playing...

Good news is that Giant Battles are gone, but they have been replaced with Papercraft Battles. Wonder how well they play... Will wait for McKnack to tell us more.

((OOC: And I absolutely meant that Morgan is a beast both figuratively and literally. Joke was too good to pass up. Yeah, I ended up marrying Panne for this to work... Hey! Don't mess with a bunny judge me!))
Heaven forbid you were there for Uplay's beginning. That was horrifying, for PC owners especially. The !#%$ I had to do to play Splinter Cell Conviction back then, versus when I played it again this year.

Bowser's Inside Story did the giant battles fine in my opinion, until that god forbidden Fawful Express. That was one of the worst things I've experienced in any Mario game - it might be a stretch to say one of the worst things I've seen in any Nintendo game, but it's dangerously close. But Dream Team just went off the deep end with it, they look cool, but man, I dreaded them because they were such a pain. But you're right on battle gimmicks, it's strange...also on crashing, it's actually weird how 2013 Nintendo 3DS games had that problem, as I recall X/Y having a terrible save corruption glitch.

I hear Papercraft Battles aren't much better, but I'll wait for McKnack too since I don't know when I'm getting a copy myself. Probably soon since Nintendo games never drop in price unless Nintendo Selects come years later....

Oh I know you would marry Panne, for that reason, but I have soft spot for Panne's supports, they're very amusing. Personally I went for Cordelia...well, kind of. It was sort of a spur of the moment thing since she saved my unit so many times. On one hand, Morgan is adorable as a redheaded dark flier, on the other hand, Severa's probably ripping off my Robin so badly and the black hair makes her seem evil. Could be worse, I could have married Robin to Tharja and dread the insanity from there. *judges B-Man the bunny-cat*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:17 pm 

FSLAR wrote:
Heaven forbid you were there for Uplay's beginning. That was horrifying, for PC owners especially. The !#%$ I had to do to play Splinter Cell Conviction back then, versus when I played it again this year.

Bowser's Inside Story did the giant battles fine in my opinion, until that god forbidden Fawful Express. That was one of the worst things I've experienced in any Mario game - it might be a stretch to say one of the worst things I've seen in any Nintendo game, but it's dangerously close. But Dream Team just went off the deep end with it, they look cool, but man, I dreaded them because they were such a pain. But you're right on battle gimmicks, it's strange...also on crashing, it's actually weird how 2013 Nintendo 3DS games had that problem, as I recall X/Y having a terrible save corruption glitch.

I hear Papercraft Battles aren't much better, but I'll wait for McKnack too since I don't know when I'm getting a copy myself. Probably soon since Nintendo games never drop in price unless Nintendo Selects come years later....

Oh I know you would marry Panne, for that reason, but I have soft spot for Panne's supports, they're very amusing. Personally I went for Cordelia...well, kind of. It was sort of a spur of the moment thing since she saved my unit so many times. On one hand, Morgan is adorable as a redheaded dark flier, on the other hand, Severa's probably ripping off my Robin so badly and the black hair makes her seem evil. Could be worse, I could have married Robin to Tharja and dread the insanity from there. *judges B-Man the bunny-cat*

Image Sheesh, I had almost forgotten about the X/Y save glitch... I still don't like saving in Lumiose City because of that. I'll always take the extra time to go somewhere else to save if I have to. Even though it's been long fixed, it still somewhat terrifies me.

Image In all honesty though, regarding Fawful Express, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned disliking Giant Battles in BiS as well as Dream Team. I keep thinking back to that stupid fight and it makes me not want to play BiS ever again, even though I feel it was much better paced out than DT and certainly more fun than PiT. (SS is king though) I'm nervous about Papercraft Battling. No rush on my end to purchase, really...unless I really can't think of a good Top 10 this year. Heh.

I was somewhat tempted to go with Cordelia myself (the red hair is a nice plus) and her backstory made her supports very sympathetic to me, but, well... My tastes are a bit...er..."unique..."

Image *ahem*

Image But, yeah, Tharja. Whoa, I never got the popularity behind that woman (third most popular female behind female Robin and Falcon's waifu Lucina) but maybe the Japanese dialogue made her slightly less...creepy? I just know I never used her that much, despite usefulness, solely due to her attitude making me kind of uncomfortable. Doesn't help that an expy of hers has come to Fates (and she's the gay option for female Avatars/Corrins...). Well, at least this one didn't place as high in the polls (24th out of 35 in the Female lists for Fates).

And if you think bunny-cat B-Man is an odditity, wait until you see the mess I have in store for Fates...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:35 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
And if you think bunny-cat B-Man is an odditity, wait until you see the mess I have in store for Fates...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:43 am 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image Sheesh, I had almost forgotten about the X/Y save glitch... I still don't like saving in Lumiose City because of that. I'll always take the extra time to go somewhere else to save if I have to. Even though it's been long fixed, it still somewhat terrifies me.

Image In all honesty though, regarding Fawful Express, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned disliking Giant Battles in BiS as well as Dream Team. I keep thinking back to that stupid fight and it makes me not want to play BiS ever again, even though I feel it was much better paced out than DT and certainly more fun than PiT. (SS is king though) I'm nervous about Papercraft Battling. No rush on my end to purchase, really...unless I really can't think of a good Top 10 this year. Heh.

I was somewhat tempted to go with Cordelia myself (the red hair is a nice plus) and her backstory made her supports very sympathetic to me, but, well... My tastes are a bit...er..."unique..."

Image *ahem*

Image But, yeah, Tharja. Whoa, I never got the popularity behind that woman (third most popular female behind female Robin and Falcon's waifu Lucina) but maybe the Japanese dialogue made her slightly less...creepy? I just know I never used her that much, despite usefulness, solely due to her attitude making me kind of uncomfortable. Doesn't help that an expy of hers has come to Fates (and she's the gay option for female Avatars/Corrins...). Well, at least this one didn't place as high in the polls (24th out of 35 in the Female lists for Fates).

Yeah, once you see stuff like that in a game, you get paranoid, what if it happens again? I get worried still.

Fawful Express sucks, and stuff like that makes me dread replaying some great games at times. It may be late, and just one thing in an otherwise stellar game, but lord help it, I despise it. That and it makes no sense why Bowser can't simply stomp the train, or punch it. I really need to buy SS, I think my local retro store has a copy....

Red hair is always a plus, and her supports are indeed sympathetic. Though I will say some of her romantic supports are surprisingly horrible, notably Frederick's.

Tharja's popularity is...strange, (Falcon has good taste in waifus?) maybe it's due to the incredible amount of humor around her, notably with Robin where she changed her personality in one support and made him even more uncomfortable. She does have some interesting supports like Lon'qu with his fear of women, and Gregor with his brother. It's probably that dour personality...I used her in-game a lot, she was a literal tank with nosefratu. She's great, I prefer her a lot over Henry who was too slow for my liking and came out weaker. That expy of hers made me wonder if Tharja somehow warped into Fates to creep on the new avatar, since her appearance and actions seemed way too coincidental but...interesting, regardless. Awakening's popularity with females is so weird to me. People hate Sumia solely because she would usually 'steal' Chrom away from their Female Avatars, which make me really question what the hell they were playing for...and how they could mess that up. I just didn't like Sumia because she died way too easily, and joined in a chapter full of archers at Level 1, while Cordelia joined a few chapters after at a competent level, but I never hated Sumia, I made her work.

I'll believe bunny-cat B is more than odd than anything else, when I see your 'mess'!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:32 pm 

Image And on that note:

Is it Friday yet...?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:28 pm 

I gotta say, it looks really cool how Charizard's wings appear to be wrapping around the title. Deliberate choice of screenshot, am I right?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:32 pm 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
I gotta say, it looks really cool how Charizard's wings appear to be wrapping around the title. Deliberate choice of screenshot, am I right?
It probably is, but it looks awesome no less.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:29 pm 

Image The only thing deliberate is my love for Super Mystery Dungeon. I haven't changed the theme for months.

But it did make for a great looking shot, regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:30 pm 

Got the platinum trophy in Bloodborne. I will never get tired of this type of combat system. Dark Souls III can't come soon enough.

Oh yeah, Super Mystery Dungeon...I should probably get back to that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:28 pm 

For the foreseeable future, the main waste of my time is going to be one game, and one game only:

STREET FIGHTER V.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:47 am 

Bacon Supreme wrote:
For the foreseeable future, the main waste of my time is going to be one game, and one game only:

STREET FIGHTER V.
You should train up, and enter a tournament with the tag "DE_Bacon". Bring honor and glory to this fallen kingdom.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:41 am 

Image Happy Fates Day! Just about to hit Chapter 10 of my Birthright run and enjoying it thus far. Still decided which members to go with and who to bench at the moment.

Image ...And I'm not looking forward to seeing how the Nohr siblings acts towards my main character now... Those first couple of chapters did good letting me know they were special... Urk...
Elise even glomps you... Don't make me kill her, please...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:45 pm 

On my end, I'm happy to report that I just got a new Internet connection. No more errors during Splatoon matches for me! I should also be raring to go for any Steam games. New laptop + Internet upgrade = much yes.

Speaking of Steam, I just bought Psychonauts but have yet to give it an honest go.

I also completed Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon's story. I liked it. Compared to the other games, I'd place this story 2nd, behind Explorers' but ahead of Rescue Team's. Gates to Infinity's brings up the rear.

By the way, all Splatoon owners, tomorrow's Splatfest. The theme is Pokémon Red vs. Pokémon Blue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:39 pm 

Location: Unknown, but it no doubt involves appliances found in the kitchen.
Been playing Birthright as well. Loving it.

I am not going to like facing the Nohr Siblings. At all. And Conquest is going to be just as painful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 pm 

Azure wrote:
Been playing Birthright as well. Loving it.

I am not going to like facing the Nohr Siblings. At all. And Conquest is going to be just as painful.

Image You are? Tried to see your castle, but I guess you haven't uploaded it yet. I suppose that's fair, it's still super early on and there probably isn't much to see.

As an aside,

I'm actually not feeling much attachment towards the Hoshido siblings as opposed to the Nohr siblings. They feel kind of distant, which I guess actually makes the situation more relatable. Having played as far as I did, I haven't really seen much love for the main character in the same way I saw with Nohr's family. Sakura's too shy to speak up, Ryoma is kind of bland, and Takumi's a jerk. The only one to seemingly express emotion seems to be Hinoka, who broke down in tears when first seeing you alive whilst everyone else seemed more shocked and surprised. I'd say more but I think I'll wait until you progressed further.

------------------------------------------------------------

Almost at Chapter 15 and doing some Paralogues. Decided to dress myself up as the Hero-King since it looked snazzy...also I want some of those skills for my first run. The Level 35 one sounds especially nice (steal SPD for every kill for the map? Yes please!). When I do my final Revelation Run, I have other Skills in mind, but I might as well see how this works out.

みんな、見ていてくれ!

S-Supporting a few units now.

My choice...is probably no surprise...

This has led to what is probably one of the most awesome lines uttered by the main character so far:

Vicious...

Still enjoying it a lot. Powering through further now!

So, FSLAR, bunny-cat is old news. Meet dragon-fox-cat! Told ya it'd be a messy one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:53 pm 

Been playing FFXIV for the past couple of weeks. Beat the main storyline, got to Ishgard, and achieved my ultimate goal of becoming a Dark Knight.

Now to get out there and break stereotypes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:31 am 

I see that on the day of its release, B-Man, Super Penguin M, and Lord Crump are all playing Pokkén Tournament.

Me? I'm still playing Splatoon. There's another Splatfest tomorrow that I intend to help my team win.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 am 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
I see that on the day of its release, B-Man, Super Penguin M, and Lord Crump are all playing Pokkén Tournament.

Me? I'm still playing Splatoon. There's another Splatfest tomorrow that I intend to help my team win.

Image And you can read all about my impressions right here! Having a blast online and offline, which is rare for a fighting game to do. I haven't come across any of the pros yet online, though I imagine my win streak can't last forever (5 for 5 right now).

It's pretty much the exact opposite of my feelings regarding Splatoon. Both were games that I thought could finally get me into a genre I don't really enjoy that much (Splatoon - Team Based Shooters / Pokkén - Fighting). While Pokkén succeeded in giving me a game in the genre I am actually really enjoying, I found myself more annoyed than anything with Splatoon. Maybe I'm just not good in teams, I dunno (4-v-4 vs. 1-v-1) but Splatoon didn't click. I thought it would, but unfortunately, it didn't work out. I respect the game for trying something new and it's certainly the best shooter I've played in years, but it's not one I intend to go back to, like...ever.

-----------

With that said, it's not just Pokkén that's been holding my attention. With word out that Pokémon Bank will actually use the VC titles, I went ahead and downloaded Blue for my 3DS. Got a decent team set out, nothing I haven't used before, really. Mostly, I just wanted to see if the Mew Glitch still worked (and it does) but whether or not I can transfer it over will have to wait until the functionality is added.

I also got Twilight Princess HD. Haven't went that far in it. I already know how it's going to play out. Jumped into Hero Mode because, honestly, Ganondorf doing a quarter-heart of damage is just embarrassing... I can at least move it to half. Now I just need to get a Ganondorf amiibo. Speaking of amiibo, that's literally the only reason I purchased this game in the first place. I like Twilight Princess well enough, but I just wanted Wolf Link and Midna on my desk.

Still on the old game bandwagon, my annoyance at the announcement of Color Splash had me finally just cave down and say "Fine, if I can't get a new Paper Mario RPG, I'll just play an older one," and fired up Thousand Year Door for the umpteenth time. Despite me not having a Component Cable for the GCN (have you seen the prices for those things?!) the game still looks great on a modern TV, despite some slight blurs when moving. It holds up exceptionally well and is a timeless classic. Just finished Chapter 3 and that's still as amazing as the first time I did it. As an aside, every time Lord Crump pops up in the game, I always keep thinking back to our user Lord Crump and things get weird...

And one last old game, but unlike the last three, I never played this one: Diablo II. With word that Blizzard was taking the time to update their games so they'd work better on modern PCs (a feat their other half in the Activision-Blizzard partnership could learn from) I decided to take a look at it. At only $10 (plus and additional $10 for the expansion), I didn't see the harm. It's actually pretty great so far, even though I'm only on Act I. Playing a Druid with a werewolf build in mind and am tearing things to shreds! I just wish I wasn't over-encumbered all the time! I need to be more selective about what I pick up and bring and what I leave behind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next