Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:58 am 

Hey friends! I thought this would be a fun idea since a few of you were rather intrigued by the collection of amiibo I have gotten over the past year so I thought I'd make a thread dedicated to it.

I love getting these since, as a Nintendo fanboy, I do love getting the official merchandise, so having all these little figures, even if I don't use them for much of anything, are really fun for me to collect and display. I thought you all might like to see what I have so far, so enjoy!

Full Collection (62 Total) Last Updated: November 6th, 2016

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Yoshi
Bowser
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Dr. Mario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Wolf Link

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight

Star Fox
Fox
Falco

Pokémon
Pikachu
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

EarthBound
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Robin

Animal Crossing
Villager
K.K. Slider
Isabelle
Digby
Tom Nook
Timmy & Tommy
Rover
Kapp'n
Kicks
Cyrus
Reese
Lottie
Blathers
Celeste
Mr. Resetti
Mable

Splatoon
Inkling Boy
Inkling Girl

Sci-Fi Nintendo
Samus
Captain Falcon
Pikmin & Olimar

Misc. Nintendo
Pit
Shulk
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
R.O.B.

3rd Party
Sonic
Mega Man
PAC-MAN
Ryu

Special amiibo
30th Anniversary Mario -- Classic Colour
Green Yarn Yoshi

Currently Missing
King Dedede
Charizard
Greninja
Palutena
Dark Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Ganondorf
Bowser Jr.
Mii Brawler
Mii Swordfighter
Mii Gunner
Mr. Game & Watch
Duck Hunt
Roy
Inkling Squid
Callie
Marie
Chibi-Robo
Shovel Knight
Waddle Dee
Boo
Daisy
Waluigi
One-eyed Rathalos & Rider
Nabiru

Coming Soon
Cloud
Corrin
Bayonetta
Barioth and Ayuria
Qurupeco and Dan
Rathian and Cheval
Breath of the Wild Link
Guardian
8-bit Link
Toon Zelda
Yarn Poochy

*Save a few very specific examples, I do not plan on getting duplicate amiibo characters (ie. I will only get one regular Mario but will grab one 8-bit Mario) so I will not list them on the either the Missing or Coming Soon lists
**I will not be counting amiibo Cards as they are not something I'm interested in collecting

Last edited by The Great B-Man on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:38 am, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:46 am 

aww B, y u has amiibos i want?! Lucario and Captain Falcon...

They all look great though, in the way you organized them. Is that where they are normally displayed, or did you have them in a different area when you first showed us pics?

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:06 pm 

Geez, why'd they have to change Ike's amiibo design at the last minute? The old one was perfect as is.

Awesome collection, though. Looking forward to Little Mac and Ryu.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:40 am 

FSLAR wrote:
aww B, y u has amiibos i want?! Lucario and Captain Falcon...

They all look great though, in the way you organized them. Is that where they are normally displayed, or did you have them in a different area when you first showed us pics?

((OOC: I hear those two are particularly hard to find. I just bargain shop online whenever I can, and if I see a "good enough" deal, I snag it. I was fairly lucky with Captain Falcon, but Lucario was an import in a region where he was actually plentiful, so that saved me some grief. That's probably the big thing to do for those who are serious about collecting: Import! There are regions that don't do that silly retailer exclusive crap, so keep those eyes peeled.

Anyway, no, they weren't already set up like that. I actually don't have a spot to display them at this time, but I do plan to get a shelf soon, and they will be organized in this same matter. It just feels right.))

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Geez, why'd they have to change Ike's amiibo design at the last minute? The old one was perfect as is.

Awesome collection, though. Looking forward to Little Mac and Ryu.

((OOC: I am not sure what Ike looked like before, but this one seemed alright to me. Gotta keep in mind that they need to manufacture a lot of these, so keeping a simpler design will allow them to make more. ...Not that it really helps considering the situation regarding amiibos, as we all know.

I actually tried to get Litlte Mac a while ago, but my order got cancelled when they told me they sold out without actually changing that on their page. Little Mac still remains one of the pricier ones out there.))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:35 pm 

I blame the 'exclusive' shop !#%$, that's only in America, why? I haven't even gotten a single store exclusive except for Greninja, which was by complete !#%$ accident. I do the same thing for amiibos as well, find the best deal if possible. I did get Rosalina and Marth off a friend in a trade we did, so I'm content. Importing is becoming a lesser option though since imports are now getting the same mark ups. At this convention I went to, pretty much all the amiibos got marked up to $30-$50 and it was mostly the rarer ones.

Man I had the same thing happen with Captain Falcon, I PO'd him on a site and the order was cancelled. I'm trying to get some other amiibos now but I stopped early on due to financial issues, bad timing too since I probably had a better shot at Lucario and the like

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:21 am 

((OOC: Finances have been good to me lately, so it's once again time to splurg on some amiibo! There were some deals going on over at Play-Asia so I took advantage of that and snagged me seven more amiibo, six from the Smash series. Some of which aren't out in NA yet!

Pictures to come once it all arrives. Happy hunting!))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:39 am 

((OOC: And here they are, dear friends!

Ness and Jigglypuff! This rounds out my collection of the original 12 N64 Smash vets now.

Rosalina & Luma and Wario. Was tempted to wait for the Super Mario versions of these characters but the deals I saw were too good to pass up.

Mac 'n' PAC! Just a couple out of the ordinary.

And now, the crown jewel of this horde:

Yarn Yoshi!

Surprisingly smaller than I expected. Same size as your average amiibo actually, but so plush and squishable! Feels like real yarn!

This guy isn't even out in NA yet!))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:16 pm 

I actually have a yarn yoshi too. Well, it's my brother's birthday present we got at a convention recently, but yeah, we got it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:20 pm 

It just occurred to me just how jacked Mac is. His arms are about as big as his head!

Care to say how you got him? You did mention that he's pretty expensive, so I assume you got a good deal somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:50 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
It just occurred to me just how jacked Mac is. His arms are about as big as his head!

Care to say how you got him? You did mention that he's pretty expensive, so I assume you got a good deal somehow.

((OOC: Yeah, Play-Asia was having a pretty big amiibo sale, with lots going for the actual retail price, including Mac, Rosalina, etc. I think some of these were redistribution models as well (I noticed Shulk was reduced and he's usually quite pricey). Some were still kinda high, with Villager now seemingly being the most expensive on that site.

Funny thing is, I didn't even know there were deals going on there and purchased them anyway because "Oh, these are fair prices actually." Then Twitter told me that, yeah, these prices are lower than usual.

In other words, keep an eye on whatever feeds you use and check those online retailers. Sometimes, you get some pretty good sales.))

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:06 am 

((OOC: Friends and family are enablers. Here's some more amiibo courtesy of them:

Three more amiibo from the Smash line: Pikmin and Olimar, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo. Dr. Mario was the only one I got myself (he's actually pretty common) but the rest of these were gifts. As an aside, with Olimar, I am now only one costume away from unlocking everything in Mario Kart 8.

My first three amiibo from the Animal Crossing set. Look fairly cute. Of course, with Isabelle and Digby there, I bet you can surmise that I was also given amiibo Festival since, to start, they come with the game. It's as rubbish as you might think. Nook was stand alone though.

And the newest pride and joy: Retro 8-Bit Mario! Brings back fond memories of my youth to see this classic brought into 3D.

Also worth mentioning: I preordered Twilight Princess HD over on Amazon with the amiibo so I fully expect that to show up too, but won't officially add it to my "got" list until I have it physically in my home.))

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:14 am 

((OOC: Collection updated! We are now sitting at 43 amiibos! That's gotta be at least half of them now, right?

Anyway, here's the newest set:

Villager, Meta Knight, Wii Fit Trainer, and Lottie. With that, I now, once again, have every Mario Kart 8 costume unlocked. It's strange that only Villager works for the Animal Crossing outfit when different kinds of Mario could be used to get the Mario costume, but whatever.

I also took the time to finally update the first post so you can see how insane this has gotten.

Send help.))

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 pm 

How about I send you more amiibo instead?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 pm 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
How about I send you more amiibo instead?
Send some to me too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:35 am 

"Hey, I'm Marth!" "I'm not so Marth!"

Spoiler: click to show
Robin will be joining sometime next week, I hope, so then I'll have all 4 FE amiibo that are compatible with Fates.