Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:24 pm 

Santa's too busy for you but Captain Falclaus has you covered!

I've got a plan to get us all some mad Christmas Spirit! A Secret Santa gift exchange! And to make it easier on people without money, this is gonna be creations only. It can be drawings, stories, animations, poems, macaroni art, whatever it is you think that person might like or enjoy.

Admittadly it's pretty late in the season to be doing this kind of thing, so to make it easier on everyone, you have until the end of December 31st to make submit your entry.

But before all that happens, we need people to sign up! You have until the end of the 21st to sign up (let everyone know so they can get in on it!).

Once all the names are listed they will be randomly assigned to another name and the assignments will be handed out. All the gifts must be sent to me, Captain Falclaus, NOT your assigned giftee.

Obviously don't make something obscene, illegal, or grotesque. Use common sense.

So C'MON let's get into the spirit!

Last edited by Captain Falclaus on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:24 pm 

Joining!

What I like:

Christmasy things
Neato drawings of things I like (see this list, also, My ref, me, and Dylan in Motion.)
Animations
Cool fangames
Spritework
New twists on old games
Platformers
Nintendo games
Mario
Zelda (mostly Wind Waker)
Sonic
Cool indie games
Homestuck
Traditional animation movies (The Emperor's New Groove, The Iron Giant, The Prince of Egypt)
Disney/Pixar/Illumination/Dreamworks 3D movies (Ratatouille, Despicable Me, Tangled, Big Hero 6, How To Train Your Dragon)
Action/comedy movies (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, The Dark Knight, Guardians of the Galaxy)

Last edited by McKnackus I on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:58 pm 

yo dawwwwg I'M IN

What I like is VARIETY, so SURPRISE ME.

Although if you reeeaaaaally want a proper list, I dunno, Metroid, Mega Man, retro action games in general, robots, extravagant monsters, stuff. Some games I've played recently and enjoyed thoroughly include Xeodrifter, Volgarr the Viking, Super Time Force Ultra, as well as old favorites like Awesomenauts, Dark Souls, and DotA 2.

You still get more points if you just surprise me, though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 pm 

I sign up.

Oh, okay, things I like, huh.

Well, there's Donkey Kong Country stuff, Pokemon stuff, Kirby stuff, Paper Mario stuff (specifically having to do with X-Nauts), Sonic stuff (specifically having to do with Blaze, Marine and their dimension), and ummmmmm

I love a piano

Last edited by Pikmanipulator on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:38 am 

Oh, one thing I forgot, please provide a list of things you like, so your gift giver can make something that appeals to your interests!

Once everyone updates their posts signups will be closed and assignments will be sent out.

Sorry about this, next year I will have this more organized.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:13 am 

YES! Signups closed. Assignments will be sent out in a flash!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:42 pm 

It's time for you all to...

Listen to this while reading for best results.

Let's not waste any more time.

Gift #1!

From McKnackus to Pikmanipulator, we have the most unexpected gift of all:

McKnackus I wrote:
I see you like Donkey Kong Country! Good taste!

I wasn't sure what to do, but I figured I might as well draw something DK related... But I'm not sure this is what you had in mind because...

Spoiler: click to show

Gift #2!

From Pikmanipulator to Elby, we have another unexpected gift!:

Pikmanipulator wrote:
Here's my gift to Elby.

Gift #3!

From Elby to McKnackus, we have headshots!:

Elby wrote:
HERE'S MY THING. Sort of. I realized I was going to be hella late, and rather than just delaying it forever, I figure I'd just finish up what I did have so I have something to show for the time being, expect more to it later.

And no, it's not just one of those things with a bunch of different expressions for the character (although that's where the base idea comes from, obviously).

Feel free to just consider this the full present and I can say the full version is an early/late birthday present, or something, or just something for the heck of it.

HYES! Captain Falclaus' Secret Santa Gift Exchange Extravaganza 2014 is in the books with record attendance! Good job on the gifts everyone!

Captain Falclaus, OUT!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:17 pm 

Wow, I did not expect that at all! But it works, since coincidentally I watched a few episodes of the old TMNT show and I indeed remember Krang.

Awesome gift, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:32 pm 

No problem Pikman! I just knew I had to draw some kinda of DK pun eventually.

And thanks for the headshots LB! You should draw more things!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:47 pm 

I SHOULD. I really should, but I'm bad, and slow. Mostly bad. Totally didn't wait to start until the 31st.

Also, Pikman's gift to myself, is that from something specific, or did you just go all out with the "surprise me" suggestion? I'm definitely cool with it either way, just wanted to be sure there wasn't some reference I wasn't getting/forgetting/??????????????.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:14 am 

You're welcome, Elby. And I got my inspiration from this:

Raxy wrote:
From the sugarlands, humanoid girls made of candy with feline ears and tails arise. Their skin is various kinds of colorful sugar with different colors of liquorice hair, peppermint eyes, gumdrop ears, and a gummy worm tail. They are very peaceful creatures that only eat the lands candy and the apologize to the land for what they take, now isn't that cute?

Obviously I took some creative liberties. But it was all done to surprise you.

Fun fact: I had actually decided to draw them before I was assigned you as my recipient, or even before I saw your list of likes, which coincidentallly asked for a surprise. I guess the stars just aligned for me this Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:03 am 

OH, candy, I don't know how my brain didn't make that connection, I just saw it as some weird bright cartoonish cats with some sort of crazy hypno eyes. So hypnotic that I apparently missed all the obvious cues. Yeah, that's pretty neat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:32 pm 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I even came up with names for the three candy cats. The pink one is Nyaomi, the green one is Chubchub, and the purple one is Amekyss.

Now I'm just wondering who Captain Falclaus was.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:30 pm 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I even came up with names for the three candy cats. The pink one is Nyaomi, the green one is Chubchub, and the purple one is Amekyss.

Now I'm just wondering who Captain Falclaus was.

It was the butler in the dining room with a steak knife.