Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 am 

Location: Unknown, but it no doubt involves appliances found in the kitchen.
Shredderman8160 wrote:
I finished Part 5 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Definitely my least favorite so far. It's not bad, just not as good as the other parts. The stand fights were really interesting, though.

Now reading Part 6, featuring the first and only female JoJo thus far.

I restarted JJBA myself, and am up to Part 3. For some reason I find it easier to interperet panels here, as if it's cleaner than 1 and 2. (But don't get me wrong, Joseph is my favorite JoJo so far.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:32 pm 

So this season I started watching current anime again. I watched Attack on Titan, as I said earlier, which is really good. Like, really, really good. The only way I wouldn't recommend it is if you're not okay with gore. Or seeing your favorite characters die.

I also watched Watamote. It's kind of like if Konata from Lucky Star were an introvert. It was pretty good even if some of the episodes are hard to watch with extreme amounts of secondhand embarrassment.

Free! was also pretty good. Lots of cute boys everywhere. At least one of them was definitely gay and there may have been swimming at some point.

And I'm currently watching the World God Only Knows. I'm in season three right now, and while the first two seasons were pretty good, season three is really good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:22 pm 

Super Penguin M wrote:
I also watched Watamote. It's kind of like if Konata from Lucky Star were an introvert. It was pretty good even if some of the episodes are hard to watch with extreme amounts of secondhand embarrassment.

It's absolutely nothing like Lucky Star lol They're both sort of slice of life I guess?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:00 am 

So I'm near the end of part 6 and oh my god what the !#%$ is going on i don't even.

One of the major characters got his memory back and now because of that snails start showing up and multiplying all over the city and there's even rainbows and if you touch the rainbow you turn into a snail and also there's a villain that can bring back memories from a city or something and he used that power to summon a football team against the main protagonist and then he says "Jolyne Kujo, enjoy being dragged over to the touchdown line."

Also the main villain is trying to go to a space center so he can "attain heaven" after he fused with a green plant baby that was born from the bone of a vampire that originated from part 1.

And to think that this all happened because of a carriage accident.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:22 am 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
So I'm near the end of part 6 and oh my god what the !#%$ is going on i don't even.

One of the major characters got his memory back and now because of that snails start showing up and multiplying all over the city and there's even rainbows and if you touch the rainbow you turn into a snail and also there's a villain that can bring back memories from a city or something and he used that power to summon a football team against the main protagonist and then he says "Jolyne Kujo, enjoy being dragged over to the touchdown line."

Also the main villain is trying to go to a space center so he can "attain heaven" after he fused with a green plant baby that was born from the bone of a vampire that originated from part 1.

And to think that this all happened because of a carriage accident.

Sounds like JJBA to me. That is quite some escalation though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:52 pm 

That's what I love about JJBA, though.

Just when you think it can't get any weirder, it does.

And now that think about it, since Dio stole Jonathan's body, that bone that he gave to Pucci is Jonathan's bone. That would explain why the baby had the Joestar birthmark.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:11 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
That's what I love about JJBA, though.

Just when you think it can't get any weirder, it does.

And now that think about it, since Dio stole Jonathan's body, that bone that he gave to Pucci is Jonathan's bone. That would explain why the baby had the Joestar birthmark.

Spoiler: click to show
Pretty much, yeah.

Damn I love this series.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:57 pm 

So I came back to this thread to say I just watched all six episodes of the Gunbuster OVA.

Wow. That was awesome. It started off pretty mellow with not much action going on, but by episode 5 it reaches levels on par with Gurren Lagann. Made by the same guys, after all. And the main character, Noriko, went through the same type of character development that Simon would go through. Starts off as a crybaby who gets bullied by her high school peers, ends up as a courageous hero remembered even thousands of years later. In just six episodes.

Oh, and Norio Wakamoto was in it voicing a major supporting character, so that's a huge plus.

Yeah, I loved it. Definitely gonna watch the sequel after this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:41 am 

So, on a whim I decided to start watching the Macross franchise.

I'm up to episode 11 of Super Dimension Fortress Macross. So far I'm enjoying the fact that ace customs don't seem to be quite as prevalent as in most 'Real Robot' anime, and the focus on the fact that the standard mechs, the Valkyries, spend most of their time in their 'fighter jet' modes. It's pretty enjoyable overall, and I plan to continue through the franchise.

The characters haven't really done much developing at this point, although one of the bridge crew, Misa, got some good development of her backstory a few episodes back. On an unrelated note, while a bit repetitive, the music is pretty good.

I've got a long franchise ahead of me... here's hoping it's enjoyable the whole way through.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 am 

Similarly on the mecha front, I'm watching G Gundam.

and yeah I've been wanting to watch Gunbuster & Diebuster for some time. They seem really cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 pm 

You can watch all of Gunbuster in roughly two and a half hours, so it's not asking for too much of your time. I think Diebuster's just as long, too.

G Gundam is another awesome one. It's so absurdly over the top and cheesy that I couldn't help but love it.

Still need to catch up on JoJo and Berserk. Currently archive binging the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:19 pm 

Berserk is pretty good. I've seen some of it and my friend is a pretty decent fan of it.

And yeah, I've just had trouble trying to find a way to watch Gun/Diebuster.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 am 

Well, I'm all caught up on Berserk, and I can officially say it's my favorite manga, maybe even favorite work of fiction to come out of Japan. Now to agonizingly wait for the next chapter to come.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:49 pm 

Doesn't it take this guy like a year to release new chapters?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:56 pm 

Yeah, Kentaro Miura releases like two chapters a year if he's not on hiatus. Part of it's because he's a perfectionist. He takes his time to make sure the art's perfectly detailed and what not. I don't mind that at all, though. I'd rather he take his time and give us something of high quality, rather than hurry up and produce something unsatisfactory.

Speaking of which, he released a new chapter just a few days ago. It just has to be translated now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next