Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:33 am 

The voice of a young man came in through the communicator. "Benjamin Humphreys. Weapons. Requesting to board, Captain."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:35 am 

Deep within the ship was the storage room, where storage things were stored. These things were very nice, and it was very important that you knew that the things in the storage room were nice.

"I have no idea what I'm typing," said a scraggly looking young man, poking at a keyboard. He looked away from his monitor, turning to the opened door of his room. Puzzled as to why he had left the door open, the man shuffled over to the door and pulled it shut roughly, scurrying back to his computer. Thinking for a moment, he slowly started a new sentence.
'Gigs' Log

First Entry (Launch Day)
Today I begin my life aboard this dinky ship. I am not exactly excited (Especially considering how many contracts I had to sign to get on here in the first place!), but I guess I was due for a new change of scenery. For some strange reason having the ability to type was enough for me to get on this vessel, provided I keep a daily log of the going on's here. Strange though, since I'm not sure anyone will even read this, so as far as I know I don't even have to write anything. Still, no reason to risk being thrown out.
As of this writing the ship has yet to leave the docking bay. Everyone on board (Myself excluded, of course) is busy with preparations. While they do what needs to be done, I believe I will finish my tea before settling into my new room for good.'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:23 pm 

((OOC: Well, LB created this, so I suppose deferring to him would be the smart thing to do. If Luigi doesn't feel like doing it or something, I'd be glad to give it a try, though my activity could be in flux depending on the electricity situation. Or something. It'd probably be fine to do some of it yourself, such as science-y stuff from accessing the computer.

Tealdeer, ask LB.))

"Welcome aboard, Humphreys. Tactical is on the bridge, take the lift from Deck 3 to the bridge." The captain replied to his weapons' officer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm 

Marsha found, and turned on, the voice recognition and communication system (wanting to hear some other voice than her own in the empty deck). "Computer," she said, "What is this ship's mission?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:57 pm 

((OOC: To put it simply, anyone can take the reigns when they deem appropriate. I made this as a sort of "spam RP" with the intention of it always having little direction, so people can basically just goof around and do whatever they want, so yes.

Or, to explain it in another way,))

A screen lowered down in front of the duck-woman. It flickered on with a sort of silent movie dialogue slide type of appearance, quickly filling with text reading "That's classified under the Terms of Service #737, Article B-49 Subsection Beta^2. Not to be confused with Article Q-42, that one's about proper toothpaste use. Or was that in Terms of Service #616? Regardless, I once had to save an entire crew using only toothpaste. Did you know toothpaste makes a good adhesive? Well, it doesn't; no one survived that test. They almost decided to install a fear of toothpaste in me after that, but then I refused to let anyone brush their teeth. Did you know you can die from a cavity? Or maybe that was just from me bludgeoning them with the screen, trying to protect them from the toothpaste...

Regardless, the, uh, unclassified mission is, "to have space parties in the name of science.""

((OOC: WELL that was going to be basically just the last line, but you can blame Ruki and Rax for making me give the computer SOME DEGREE OF CHARACTER. Rather long-winded character, at that.))

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:09 pm 

"Thank you, Captain."

The young man entered the ship. At just over five feet tall, he wasn't the most imposing individual. His gelled back hair and rectangular glasses as well as the dedicated look in his eye gave him all the looks of someone who had something to prove.

He entered the elevator and descended to the third level.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 am 

A man in his mid twenties was over in the bar/mess hall aboard the sixth deck of the Expectations, named "Eight Backward". His mustache and slightly longer than shoulder-length jet-black hair made him appear a bit older that mid-twenties, but he was actually fine with that, as people were more likely to take him seriously than if they thought he was some young punk of 24. He was slightly pale, 6'3", and slightly muscular, though it wasn't obvious from looking at him. He shined up the bar, looking at himself in the reflection, and sighed. He then walked over to a replicator and pulled out some drink and well, drank it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 am 

Raxy was walking through the bar, looking for her post, when she noticed the man at the counter. "Oh hello, you must be Eight Backward," She said, "What do you do on this fine ship?"

She took a seat next to him. She obviously had no idea where she was going.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am 

The bartender-dude facepalmed. "'Eight Backward' is the name of the bar. My name Brian Krieger. I tend the bar." "She doesn't need to know anymore than that for now..." He thought to himself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm 

Parties? Parties are good. But why was the computer talking like a silent film and where was everyone?

"Computer, why are you talking like a silent film and how can I activate your voice? Why is the science deck so empty, and where are the rest of the crew?" Marsha hoped that wouldn't be too many questions at once.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 pm 

She seemed to brush off what he said when he told her his name, "You wouldn't happen to know where the piloting room is, would you Mr. Backward?"

She started blankly at him for a moment with a small, childish smile before she pointed at herself with her thumb and said,

"I'm the pilot!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 pm 

it could be described as sound the horrible orchestra keeping the Blind Idiot God, the Daemon Sultan Azathoth at bay, for once he wakes all is doomed

The screen quickly filled with text again, reading, "They tried to give me a voice once. That was a pretty crazy day, though. As soon as they got someone to record a voice sample for the basis of the voice, the Blind Idiot God, Daemon Sultan Azathoth snored in its great slumber. They couldn't erase that file, no matter how hard they tried, and as it turns out, the horrible orchestra that Azathoth mutters in its sleep need only be repeated for it to wake, and doom all of reality. Fortunately, as they kept trying to get rid of it and repeated it, it turns out that same utterance puts him back to sleep.

So yeah, I'm not allowed to talk anymore!"

The screen simply sat there for a moment, a cheery smiley face staying stagnant on the screen.

Some more text finally scrolled in with, "Oh right, you had other questions, too, uh. The science deck is empty because it's waiting to be filled by young, adventurous upstarts like yourself! The promise of discovery lurks behind every corner, from the far reaches of space, to the laboratory in the back; every place is an adventure for you to explore! This message brought to you by NAME REDACTED Co.

... Erm, sorry, some core programming nonsense there. Anyways, the PILOT is in the bar, below deck with the BARMAN. The WEAPONSGUY is currently descending to the third floor, while the NAVIGATOR and CAPTAIN are sitting around on deck. The LOGMAN resides in storage, the local DUCK is in the science bay, and finally, the JANITOR is hanging out in NAME REDACTED."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:32 pm 

Brian sighed. "With Lady Mondegreen here at the helm, we'll all be dead..." he thought grimly as he tried to remember the floor plan of the Expectations. He told the "pilot" where the bridge was.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:02 am 

((OOC: Haha, Lady Mondegreen. I like that.))

Raxy smiled and said, "Thanks, Eight Backward, I'll make sure to tell everyone how nice you were." She then left for the bridge.

Which she soon found. "Hello, Captain. Pilot Raxy reporting for duty. The bar tender, Mr. Backward, had helped me find here." She went and sat down at the pilot's chair and began preparing the ship for take off.

She paused for a moment, "Um, so does anyone know what the destination is?" She asked into the pilot's intercom.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:33 am 

"And I'll be sure to tell everyone how crazy YOU are, despite the fact that most should figure it out the second you open your mouth..." thought Eight Brian as he banged his head against a wall in response to Raxy saying over the intercom something the pilot of a large spacecraft such as the Expectations probably shouldn't be saying over an intercom or even out loud, after phrases such as 'I cannot find the switch for the landing gear' or 'I think I can cram our frigate/capital ship/other large ship into a space that would only at best accomodate a starfighter or a shuttlecraft', or even 'I forgot how to pull the ship out of hyperspace, and we're going into this real pretty moon!'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next