Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Space Adventure Thing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:11 am 

It's a good day aboard the DSS Expectations. It's the first in a new line of ships designed for space-faring adventures. The company who made it, who currently chooses to remain anonymous because of reasons, is currently taking volunteers for the crewmen of this fine vessel, only requiring that they sign a contract before being shipped off to it. The terms of it have left most people suspicious ("we are not to be held liable in the case of death, vaporization, illness, transfer to another dimension, erasure from existence, etc."), but those brave and/or stupid enough to ignore that are free to party until the stars burn out.

The only current crew member is a very thin, stickly janitor.

WHAT WILL YOU BE?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 am 

I will be Johnny McKnackus, Wuss of the seven starscapes! Known in the galaxy as the manwho fled from the harmless gorbermen of Agnolast because they looked like fried rats.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:15 pm 

A girl gazed into deep space, "I am Raxy who saw older than ancient gods writhing, formless and horrible, and gazed upon their maddening visage and saw the end of civilizations, of worlds, of stars, and galaxies. Their impossible patterns etched deep into my mind and imprinted themselves in this reality and all realities and I have came upon the DSS Expectations to travel.

I'd like to be the pilot!" She smiled happily, returning to normal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 pm 

"Crazy newbies, talking to windows." the janitor grumbled, wiping the floor with a laser mop as he shuffled along in the background.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 pm 

The click-clack of shoes upon hard metal reverbated throughout the somewhat large bridge of the DSS Expectations, somewhat empty as it is, the majority of the few employees there simply running routine maintanence checks in preparation with the ship's launching.

Everything appears to be moving right along. Thought the young man who sat upon the Captain's chair, as he observed the only semi-active bridge. His blonde hair was curly and well-kept, though one or two curls dropped from his hair to the front of his face, his crisp black shirt and black jacket giving him a sense of refinement and command, which was only helped by the swirling insignia emblazened onto his jacket. His dark blue long pants, just barely distingushable from the black of his outfit, only added to this leader-like appeal. He pressed a button on the aforementioned Captain's chair, opening a communication's link to the Engineering section.

"This is Captain Adale Sufokia. Give me an engineering report." He said with authority. ...A silence was his reply. "Engineering, please report."

---

Engineering was an entirely different beast than the bridge. Crewman ran about to and fro, moving about equipment and checking gadgets and turning knobs and flipping switches, a hustle and bustle and sense of urgency far removed from the calm of the maintanence checks of the bridge.

But one man looked to elevate himself above such silly hustling, a bastion of relaxation and calm confidence. One leg swung lazily off to the side of the metallic piece he laid down upon, red headphones sending out delicious sounds that shook the air around him, his sleeveless yet sleek black shirt, with the white swirls it carried, along with the somewhat ripped black and white jeans he had screaming "unprofessional", plus the single fingerless glove on his left hand. Not to mention the lack of shoes...

It took a while, but eventually, he noticed the red blinking indicating an incoming transmission from the bridge. He sighed and pulled one headphone part to the side, opening the channel.

"Engineering, do you require security to come down? Copy!" The captain shouted, sounding vaguely desperate. The engineer chuckled a little, most likely perplexing the man on the other end of the call.

"Yeah, yeah, Chief Engineer Tristepin here. We're all cool." The engineer said. "How's the bridge?"

"Ah...we're doing well." The captain replied after a moment, a bit taken aback by the engineer's relaxed reply. "I have heard you are not one for regulations, but I would appreciate it if you decided to reply more promptly next time I called you..."

"Relaaaaaax." Tristepin said in a drawn out, almost hushed tone. "I replied, didn't I?"

"Well, yes..." The captain started.

"And besides, we haven't even left drydock yet. What could possibly be going wrong?" He said, waving his hand as he waved off concerns.

"Yes. Well. Just make sure everything is ready for launch, okay? We're leaving today and I don't want to be the one to have to call in with some setback because engineering was lax on the job."

"Yeah, yeah, got it." Tristepin replied in an entirely dismissive manner. "I've got stuff to do. Chief engineer out." He said, cutting off the communications before the captain had a chance to reply, quickly returning to his lounging about. He was too good at this to not earn a little slacking anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 pm 

A message came to the captain.

"I, Johnny McKnackus, the cheif navigator, am asking for permission to enter the bridge."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:22 am 

"Me too," Said Raxy, "I am the the supreme chief master queen pilot of the 5th lightgate faction and I wish to pilot this ship. It looks just as amazing as I hoped it would be." She says as the light flickers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:15 pm 

"Science officer, Marsha Mallard, requesting permission to board. The University did say you needed a science officer? Oh Mandrake... please don't let it be another sorority prank..."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:39 pm 

"Alright. McKnackus, Raxy, take your positions at the helm. I believe the maiden voyage of the DSS Expectations is already inputted in there, but make sure to look it over to correct any flaws in the flight plan, maybe modify it if need be." Adale replied to his new navigator and pilot, apparantly ignoring the girls...questionable credentials. "Permission granted, Marsha. The science deck should be Deck 7, your quarters are in the Science Quarters, Deck 12, Room...108, I believe. I hope your stay on the DSS Expectations shall be a pleasant one."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:56 am 

"Oh thank you sir!" she said relieved that it wasn't a prank. She went to the science deck finding it empty but in order, and then to her quarters. Stowing her gear she looked herself once over in the mirror. Why were people so prejudiced against ducks? She hoped life on the ship would be better.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:44 am 

"Affermative sir!" Johnny said as he took a seat at the wrong station and started pretending to press buttons.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:19 pm 

"...Your station would be thataway. McKnackus." Adale said after a moment, sighing as he pointed to a station pretty much on the other side of the bridge.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:57 pm 

Marsha went to the science deck, wondering what her duties were and what she was supposed to be doing. She accessed the computer and started looking at stuff.

((OOC: Who controls this ship anyway?))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:33 pm 

((OOC: Controls as in?))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:03 pm 

((OOC: As in ship functions, like computer etc, and where the ship goes what it does. Also what about space, alien environments and other stuff? We got crew, but who's directing this whole thing? Though actually I was just enquiring about who controls ship functions and stuff.))