Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Homestuck RP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 am 

Ali continues exploring buildings with Shammy and the tiny Dersite Prospitian. In between talking with the two new friends she made today she would pick up books and begin flipping to random pages. She didn't understand what any of it meant but a lot of it said neat things.

She picked up yet another book and opened it to somewhere in the middle.

Spoiler: click to show
Skaia's visions become ever bothersome. I wonder what will become of our heroes once they do arrive. I do not see many good things in store for them.

Beauteous Skaia shows me that our Witch will lose her Light.

Our Seer will become infatuated with Doom.

The Theif will steal our Time.

The Prince will be removed from Space.

The Rogue will steal our Life.

The Page will serve himself and the Maid will serve nothing.

All that will be left is for the Heir to inherit these problems to fuel his great Rage.

The cloud's predictions look grim for us. Though perhaps that is because we are removed of their context. Yes, I'm sure of it. I am simply viewing Skaia's noble gifts wrong. Perhaps if I... yes, almost certainly. Next time I will squint and turn my head at a different angle and it will most certainly give me better results.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:41 am 

Michael couldn't help but gawk a little at the magnitude of the explosion, which, nevertheless, did not appear to have disturbed any of the trees in the slightest. Well. That happened. He looked down at the hand that had been holding the phone. ...Damn it. He clenched his teeth and gritted them in agitation. That had been an expensive phone. And a useful phone too. !#%$ A. Now I can't contact anyone. Although for all the good trying that did me...

No. There was no point in thinking that way. Or in thinking about the - tomb - structure that he had been hiding behind and putting a hand on which he pulled away although it was for no reason, because it wasn't like it was anything to be worried about. And it had kept him from getting knocked onto his ass, so maybe that was something to be grateful for.

Michael sucked on his teeth and stared off down the forest path. Now that he knew he wasn't about to get help sticking around here, it was fairly obvious what he was going to have to do next. Although now that he was looking more closely, it seemed like there were some large shapes off in the distance through the trees. They were hard to make out, but they loomed quite high from what he could glean from so far away.

He didn't like it but at least whoever had designed this game had apparently felt like linear pathways. I mean, if they weren't leading me around like this, I'd have to look around for treasure chests or something. The thought made him chuckle a little to himself. Alright, so my phone's gone. I don't know where I am. I'm kind of pissed about that but... He put one foot forward. "At least I know what I apparently should be doing."

And so he set off into the forest and away from the light.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 am 

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this." Alex said to the brown hawk beside him. They were both falling at an alarming rate toward the harsh sea below.

The consort reassured him, "But dude, check out those gnarly waves. It's gonna be radical!" Alex looked up to see what was directly below him. The waves did seem pretty gnarly. If only there was a way he could ride them. But wait! Maybe he could? After communing with the bird, he climbed onto the back of the animal. He pulled the avian forward, so it would be in the position a bird normally flies in as opposed to spiraling downward. After that he stood on top of it and held his arms out.

He was going to catch some waves.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 pm 

You've been pacing your room for what FEELS like half a year.

I mean, you know it's only been like a couple hours but that's not the point! Your life is on the line here after all! Waiting to enter the one ticket to your continued existence sure is boring though. Everyone seems so busy being "servers" or whatever. Oh man, is this like one of your BROTHER'S weird maid games? Hopefully not, yuck!

Everyone is so busy you feel a bit left out of the loop. You decide to glance out your window yet again, watching the skies light up red.

So it really is real... You still were doubtful until the TV reported all the strange meteor impacts! And even then, you thought maybe it was some candid camera stunt until you saw them for yourself hours back.

Now the dark clouds are stained red from the constant fire of those space rocks. And it seems to be getting closer and closer the more you watch. T-They did get your name down right? Who's in charge of this thing?! Why hasn't anyone talked in OMEN for so long?!

You're really running out of patience here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 pm 

As Hamilton and company finally arrived back at his house, he hopped off his father's back, making his way inside--or trying to, as he was quickly trampled by the horde of hawks. As he looked upward, he was greeted by his father. With a small frown, the Mysterious Engineer explained "I'm going to require you to procure nourishment for these sojourners, as my ability to do so is a bit lacking due to my girth. You should be able to attain the necessary components for such an endeavor in our nutriment-cooling apparatus. Whilst I'd ordinarily not institute such an undertaking to you, my options are limited. Consider it a bit of tutelage for you, as you are maturing, after all."

Hamilton stared vacantly for a few moments before finally snapping to attention, his brain finally catching on to what he was told. "Right, sure." he affirmed, making his way into the half-house and eventually, the refrigerator. As luck would have it, there was some pizza and nachos inside, just sitting there, waiting to be taken. Just gotta pop them in the microwave, and--

"Dude, we found the grub!" one of the hawks shouted, having apparently been peaking over Hamilton's shoulder, and quickly snatching the food out of Hamilton's grasp.

"Righteous!" another one cheered, quickly snapping up a small handful of nachos. "Wait, dude, these are cold."

"Pffff," the first one retorted, "Whatever, brah, everyone knows cold pizza's just as radical, I'm sure nachos are no different." The rest nodded in unison, seeming to think this logic was sound, and in seconds, they were all stuffing their beaks full of the stuff.

Hamilton simply sighed, feeling a bit overburdened by these hawks. Just wanting to get away from all the commotion, he made his way up to his room, choosing to sit on his bed and think. After a few moments, he opted to turn his cap forwards again and spin the propeller, seeing if he missed anything important, or if there was anyone to talk to. Wait, was that his server player on? Oh, man, Hamilton hoped she was actually there, now. Stopping himself before he could get carried away, he let in a deep breath, recalling the advice he had gotten from that abscondingHazard fellow. Wear stupid things, make them feel like they're your property, make the worst faces imaginable, and tell them about your cool buddy, abscondingHazard. Got it.

Not wanting to waste another moment, he started a conversation with her, hoping for the best.

Spoiler: click to show
-- extremeVelocity [EV] began pestering taterSalad [TS] --
EV: Hey, helloooo! Are you there? It's been a while since we've talked! I mean, you're my server player!
EV: That... that means you're supposed to do things for me. Yeah!
TS: Yeah, I'm wandering the desert right now. My land or whatever. It's really fascinating.
TS: Lots of...sand.
EV: Oh, there you are!
EV: Sounds... great, I guess?
TS: Grand glass structures, as well.
EV: Huh.
EV: I mean, yeah, you're my server player! You're supposed to help me get to the... gate thing! Because you're mine! Yes.
TS: Yeah, yeah, I'll get to it.
TS: But all this /sand/!
EV: Yeah, I'm sure the sand is interesting, and all, but...
EV: I mean, I'm having a party! Yeah, that's right! One of those things.
EV: It's great! And exciting!
EV: And we all look totally stupid, it's amazing, right? Right! Yes.
TS: With who?
EV: Uh...
EV: Some talking birds I found on some cliff.
TS: ...Sounds squawk-y.
EV: Y...yes?
EV: Well, I mean, they don't really squawk, they talk pretty normal... Well, wait, no, they don't.
EV: They talk... I don't even know how they talk.
EV: But yeah, I mean, we're all making dumb faces and wearing stupid clothes! And you're my server player! And, yes!
EV: Oh yeah! Another thing!
EV: I talked to this one guy, abscondingHazard, he's pretty rad.
TS: Oh, him?
TS: He's my server.
EV: Oh.
EV: Then you'd know how rad he is! We're totally buddies, and it's great! Yeah!
TS: He can be a bit of an ass, though.
TS: I bet it's a bit of an overcompensation, though.
EV: Yeah, I guess so, but... I guess he's going on some tough times.
EV: And he pulled through in the end.
TS: Yeah, that's true.
EV: But yeah, I mean, I know all the coolest dudes, yeah! It's true!
TS: Like?
EV: Uh
EV: Well, abscondingHazard, for one! Also, uh...
EV: Well... there was this other guy I met.
EV: I think...
EV: Said to call him Doctor Funtimes.
TS: ...Who?
EV: Well, I mean...
EV: He had these sweet sunglasses, and this weird jacket, and an awesome hat!
EV: And looked kind of like me, I guess, but...
TS: Hm.
TS: Most interesting.
EV: Yeah! He was really rad.
TS: Well, anyway, I'll get to it and it'll be ready by the time your party is up.
EV: Oh.
EV: That's okay, I guess.
EV: Er, I mean, you're my server player, mine, yeah! You should be at my beck and call! Right? Yes.
-- taterSalad [TS] eyeroll. --
TS: Yeah, let me just try that on my server and see how it goes.
EV: Alright, awesome!
EV: Thanks!
-- extremeVelocity [EV] proceeds to make the dumbest face he can manage, bulging his eyes, flaring his nostrils, and tightening his mouth into the most exaggerated position possible, holding the face for as long as he can. --
-- taterSalad [TS] isn't looking at him at the moment, so. --
-- extremeVelocity [EV] will try his hardest NO MATTER WHAT JUST YOU WAIT SHE'LL SEE IT I SWEAR!! --
TS: What is it like over there?
EV: Uh...
EV: Wet.
EV: Very wet.
TS: Wet, I see.
EV: Like, a really violent ocean below, with some cliffs here and there, and it's raining constantly.
TS: Huh. Have you explored it at all?
EV: A bit. I found that Dr. Funtimes guy and these brown hawks out there.
EV: Aside from that, it's mostly the same elsewhere, from what I saw.
EV: Oh, yeah. And there's web. Lots of it.
EV: Connecting the cliffs, and even coming from the sky!
TS: I wonder if there's anything hidden in here.
EV: In where now?
TS: The places we're in.
TS: Like a video game.
EV: Oh. Yeah, that'd make sense.
TS: You should try and find whatever is hidden in yours. It could be, like, a cool weapon or something.
EV: I guess. Only place it seems like they could really hide things here, though, is in the water.
EV: Which doesn't exactly look safe to swim in.
TS: Well, that's probably why it is hidden. Not being obvious.
TS: Maybe the web leads somewhere.
EV: Oh, yeah, maybe.
EV: I mean, of course! It's like a path, it'd only be natural, I totally knew that.
TS: ...Right, well.
TS: Are you properly armed?
EV: Yeah! I got this keyboard-chainsaw thing, it's great!
EV: I've totally killed some spiders with it.
TS: That should work.
EV: Like, giant monster ones! Not normal spiders.
TS: Uh-huh.
TS: I wonder if I could break into one of these...
EV: Into what now?
TS: These big glass things.
EV: Oh. Right, yeah.
EV: Maybe. I wouldn't really know. I mean, this party, yeah! Totally distracting, let me tell you. It's great. Yep.
TS: ...Are you okay?
EV: Yeah! I'm great!
TS: You sure?
EV: Always! How could I not be great? I mean, I know rad people, I'm in stupid clothes, making a dumb face, and you're my server player!
TS: ...
EV: Oh yeah, and this party. It's awesome! I think I hear someone at the door now!
TS: O...kay.
EV: Actually, wait, yeah, there's someone at the door. That's... weird. I'm going to go check on that.
EV: Have fun with your sand and stuff, I guess, my server player! Yep! See you!
TS: See you.
-- extremeVelocity [EV] ceased pestering taterSalad [TS] --

Hamilton strode up to the door. That conversation had left him feeling... odd. Almost as if he did something wrong, but that couldn't be right. Regardless, he couldn't let it bother him: he had a guest to attend to! As he opened the door, he... was more than a bit confused at who he saw.