Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:03 pm 

[RP Thread]

Original OOC thread can be viewed here.
Trainer Cards if anyone wants them. Available in blue or pink

New Yooser Town:
Starting town, has Professor McKnackus’s lab

Swine City:
It's a pig farm with a gym, filled with roaming Spoink, Swinub, Pokabu, and their evolutions as well as various starting type Pokeymans, like the Normal/Flying types, the vermin Normals, and such. It also has a train station (that isn’t open until later).
1st Gym - Image Bacon Badge
Gym Leader Bacon: Triple-Phase Triple-Battle

First Phase: The Mirror Match
Lv. 7 Cyndaquil (Fire)
Lv. 8 Poliwag (Water)
Lv. 8 Cherubi (Grass)

Second Phase: The Balanced Match
Lv. 8 Pikachu (Electric)
Lv. 9 Meowth (Normal)
Lv. 8 Mankey (Fighting)

Third Phase: I will break you!
Lv. 9 Cranidos (Rock)
Lv. 9 Bronzor (Steel)
Lv. 10 Monozu (Dark/Dragon)
--
Supreme Trainer Bacon:
Lv. 86 Raichu (Electric)
Lv. 84 Typhlosion (Fire)
Lv. 86 Rampardos (Rock)
Lv. 87 Bronzong (Steel/Psychic)
Lv. 88 Poliwrath (Water/Fighting)
Lv. 90 Sazandora (Dark/Dragon)

Ordonne City:
A very orderly, well behaved city having a giant mall with all kinds of Pokémon care products (and other stuff, like an arcade), a park for Pokémon and their trainers to play in, a TV station, and a ferry to Santa Unsavory. Ferry tickets are sold at the gym which also has classes in pokemon obedience, training, health, and beauty (see the notice on the door for particulars).
5th Gym - Image Paw Badge
Gym Leader: ????

Malarky Town:
Full of full of tricksters, jerks with hearts of gold, and has a bike shop. Following the Team Rocket attack, the town was highly damaged. The Gym and Pokemon Center were destroyed, and later due to Kiyoshi's Gyarados, the entire city was destroyed.
2nd Gym - Image Darkness Badge
Gym Leader: Blake (you get a fake badge)
Murkrow
Nuzleaf
Umbreon

Treille:
An agricultural type town that grows all kinds of flowers, berries, and medicinal plants. It has a pokemon day care center run by an old man and an old woman and a shop that sells herbs, berries, flowers, and planting supplies (like berry pots). The owner of the shop will give you a free squirt bottle waterer and a berry if you have at least two gym badges. The terrain gets rocky after this point.

Maripatchu:
Surrounded by tall rocks, home to many fighting and flying pokemon. A river bisects the city, going into a forest known as the Knowledge Glenn and leading into a huge lake as well as near the cavern that leads to Locanov. There is also a library near the Pokemon center. The Knowledge Glenn contains Bug, Grass, Rock, Water and Flying types. The Gym resembles a large, white cathedral with a bell on top that rings in noon.
3rd Gym - Image Manly Badge
Gym Leader: Richard (gives Fly to winners)
Fighting types

Sunset City: (recieve Rock Climb here)
Where "The East Meets The West". The city has four entrances and exits: from the south, one can get to the Saffari Zone (by a circuitous barely used route that once went to Swine City) from here; eastward is Maripatchu and Locanov towns; the northern route leads to Nikopol and the Victory Road, eventually to the Elite Four; and while the western route leads to Foretag and the rest of the cities via Route 66 under Mount Reiledge. Sunset City is known as a megacenter of learning and knowledge. Multiple pokémon schools can be found all around, such as the Koa National Trainer's School which was founded by one of the region's first Champions, Koa Misuzu. Also notable is the region's largest library - a five story building filled to the brim with literary works and Pokémon knowledge. Champion Ruki owns and lives on the fifth floor of this library, in her own private library. The city itself is named for it's beautiful sunsets, especially in the fall, which give off a glorious red and yellow hue. It's said to be even better on cloudy days. Champion Ruki frequently attends and gives lectures and other teaching exercises to students here due to her close proximity. The city is surrounded by some of the lovliest forests in the region.

Locanov: (need Rock Climb to reach)
This features a real volcano, and a famous hot springs. Trainers must traverse a volcanic cavern from Maripatchu to enter.
4th Gym - Image Flame Badge
Gym Leader: Misaki (gives Flash to winners)
Fire types

Mount Reiledge and Route 66: (need Flash, Surf, and Rock Climb to pass)
A large mountain peak, which divides Sunset City and Foretag, and is part of a larger chain that Covers most of the northern central part of the region. Pending the construction of the train, this is the only way for people to move between the two areas. The cave system is small, but winding and is passed through by the river that flows from the lake. It's recommended to go in with a map and Flash, Surf, and Rock Climb are required to pass. Some Pokémon teachers advocate going through the cave system even when the transportation is done, just for the experience.

Santa Un’savory: (need Ferry Ticket to get to)
An island off shore and to the south of the region.
6th Gym - Image Shattered Ground badge
Gym Leaders 6th: DoM and DoN (gives Surf to winners)
Ground types

Foretag City:
The capital of this region. One landmark is the region's municipal building, where gym leaders have to apply for their licenses, where trainers have to obtain a bike license, etc (oops, I didn’t know we needed those, maybe only for street riding?). The process of obtaining a bike license would be as long as waiting in the DMV. This city houses some skyscrapers containing major businesses in the region. (The name Foretag comes from the Swedish word for business.) You could buy everything ever there.

De-rasil:
A forest based town with wooden buildings.
7th Gym - Image Gear Badge
Gym Leader: Stev-0
Steel types

Balance City: (not here yet)
A mysterious city still being built. No one knows about this city yet, except that an official license has been given to run a gym there.
8th Gym - Image Balance Badge
Gym Leader Jack:
???

Nikopol:
"City of Victory"

Victory Road and the Elite Four:
Elite Four - Image Elite 4 Trophy
LB: Electric
Yokuba: Normal
Pikmanipulator: Ice
Archangel: Flying

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

Last edited by FSLAR on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:03 pm 

Character Bios. Held Pokemon, Badges and what not

Kiyoshi Yasutake
Class: Pokémon Trainer
Team: Gyarados, Staravia, Metang, Bagon, Tynamo, Pichu
Badges: Bacon Badge, Darkness Badge
Bio: A Pokémon trainer from New Yooser Town and Raxy's childhood friend, he decided to stay at his home to study before finally going on his journey. His twin sister, Misaki, left on her journey a few years earlier, and is now the Gym Leader of Locanov Town. He was expecting his journey to be a fine and normal one. Unfortunately for him, there was a lot of surprises in store for him.
Personality: Used to be calm and intellectual at first, but lately in his journey he's been anything but calm. He goes through mood swings when he is under high levels of stress. Recently he's starting to become more optimistic and energetic now that he has friends backing him up.

Roger Montoya
Class: Pokemon Trainer [Rival]
Held Pokemon: Growlithe, Scizor, Grovyle, Gurdurr, Staryu, Vaporeon, Pichu, Riolu
Traded Away: Machoke (to Joshua, for Riolu)
Badges: Bacon Badge, Darkness Badge, Paw Badge
Bio: Having heard his Father, Richard, was spotted in Faucon, Roger's been searching for him and decided to go on his journey in Faucon instead of his home region Sinnoh; he last saw Richard about 7 years ago. He's had no luck but has kept in contact with his father. Initially, Roger believed all he is here for is to simply gather Gym badges, catch and train his own Pokemon and find his Dad, but he's beginning to realize there's a lot more in store and that he can't avoid any of it.
Personality: Relatively serious, arrogant and proud, though he has a soft spot for his Pokemon and select people. He is also fairly adaptable in battle, but can over think things which can backfire. He can be cold to people he feels are weak, or just doesn't like. Those he believes are ok however, may see a different side to him.

Raxy
Class: Pokemon Trainer
Team: Oddish, Sentret, Scraggy, Ponyta, Solosis, Jynx, Pichu
Temporary: Dragonite and Rattata
Badges: Bacon Badge
Bio: Raxy is young trainer who began her quest in New Yooser town with Roger and Kiyoshi. There, Professor McKnackus gave her an oddish. Kiyoshi promised to be her eternal lover when they were children, and she takes that to heart.
Personality: She is a silly girl who does not seem to know much about the world. She does not remember anything about her home or childhood, and the one thing she does remember she tries to make sure she never casts into question.

Edwin Zackariah
Class: Observer
Team: Ponyta, Rapidash, Horsea, Zebstrika
Badges: Darkness Badge(?)
Bio: A STRONG trainer from a rich family who was made fun of as a kid for being odd and relying on his childhood friend, Nancy. At some point in time he joined a group known as the Keldebros and at another point he gained the heroic alter-ego known as The Black Unicorn.
Personality: Shy from his childhood experiences, he spends most of his time quietly. It can be easy for one to forget hes there. He has a perspiration problem and a fixation with horse-like pokemon.

Shades
Class: Mentor
Team: Oddish, Scrafty, Gurdurr
Badges: Unknown
Bio: A hot-blooded trainer who claims to be Raxy from an alternate timeline with a vendetta against Reshiram.
Personality: Strong-willed and hot-blooded, she is willing to take on any challenger.

Misl
Class: Rare Hunter
Known Held Pokemon: Groudon, Kyogre, Dragonite
Badges: Unknown, assumed none.
Bio: Not much is known about Misl's past. All that is known about his past is that something happened to him to have a grudge against Giovanni and has vowed to take down Team Rocket. To do that he's decided to hunt down and capture the most powerful Pokemon in the world and use them to for this task. His only known significant capture is Groudon and Kyogre, but it is unknown how he managed to catch them.
Personality: Mostly light hearted and playful even in the most dire situations even up to the point where he might not even know how much danger he's in. There's also something a little off about him that no one can quite put there finger on. When it comes to Team Rocket, however, he's completely serious.

Joshua Graves
Class: Inspector
Held Pokemon: Haxorus, Charizard, Kingdra, Gyrados, Machamp
Traded Away: Riolu (to Roger, for Machoke)
Badges: unknown
Bio: A trainer from the distant reigion of Orre, Joshua knew just how horrifying living under the thumb of syndicates like Team Snagem and Cipher could be. Having lived in Pyrite Town, he was horrified as Team Snagem snagged his Charmelion, and as town later overrun by Miror B. Although he eventually got it back from a re-distribution program set up after Cipher was stamped out, this left Joshua with a burning hatred of criminal organizations, and has since made it his life's goal to bring them down. After hearing about Team Rocket's Re-emergance in Faucon, he immediately took the first boat out of Orre.
Personality: A very Taciturn man, Joshua always thinks things through before he acts. He is very calculating, but not to the point he's cold.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

Last edited by FSLAR on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 pm 

Roger, what did you say you thought happened to Edwin again?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:09 pm 

Raxy wrote:
Roger, what did you say you thought happened to Edwin again?
That after Ruki got Kiyoshi's attention, and the latter ran off, Edwin couldn't keep up so he returned to Malarky or something. I think I also said he probably couldn't keep up due to his wheezing problems, so he couldn't climb without Kiyoshi's help.
Also edited some of the first post with updates such as Malarky town.

Last edited by FSLAR on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 pm 

Kiyoshi sure has a bad habit of leaving people behind.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm 

Alright thanks, if anyone needs an explanation, I guess that is what happened. Sounds reasonable enough to me.

I don't think I'm going to put him back in the story right now so theres no need to turn back for him.

Kiyoshi could sum up what happened with Edwin leaving in flash back if he wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm 

Raxy wrote:
Alright thanks, if anyone needs an explanation, I guess that is what happened. Sounds reasonable enough to me.

I don't think I'm going to put him back in the story right now so theres no need to turn back for him.

Kiyoshi could sum up what happened with Edwin leaving in flash back if he wanted.
He could accompany Roger to Maripatchu if you need a way for him to come back in later, so that he and Kiyoshi can reunite and journey with Jenna as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 pm 

I'll wait till I want him to come back to figure out why and where he is.

Also, who is Jenna?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 pm 

Someone working with Team Rocket, I think. She's been assigned to travel with Kiyoshi or something.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 pm 

Oh yeah Mecha's character.

I remember now.

In that case I might have him show up when she appears.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 pm 

Raxy wrote:
Oh yeah Mecha's character.

I remember now.

In that case I might have him show up when she appears.

I'm working on a post right now actually! I just keep getting side tracked because video games i guess??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:40 am 

Giovanni in Ordonne? This might not end well
Though I think roger would get along with Jenna just well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 am 

FSLAR wrote:

Jenna is already super uncomfortable having to watch kiyoshi, who has/(had?) a fellow traveler. There is no way she would travel with Roger, who travels by himself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 am 

Mecha wrote:
FSLAR wrote:

Jenna is already super uncomfortable having to watch kiyoshi, who has/(had?) a fellow traveler. There is no way she would travel with Roger, who travels by himself.
just saying. I want Roger to travel alone anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:49 pm 

So I looked over my posts last night in the original RP thread to refresh myself on my character and I was surprised by how not !#%$ my writing was. I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that the Malarkey episode was the best RPing I've ever done, save for the many grammar errors. Yeah there's lots of room for improvement, but I'm looking foward to stalking Kiyoshi joining in again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next