Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dunkelheit RP OOC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:30 pm 

This is the OOC thread for the RP Dunkelheit, which is a collaborative RP for me, Wally, Luigi and the Sir UFOMan. And also maybe others??? But probably just us. It's basically Locura-esque: It's a fantasy world, there's probably some tech, pretty much nothing has been preplanned and almost anything goes. There are still some rules, though, for example:

1) Don't godmod, blatantly overpower yourself past every obstacle, take control of other people's characters, you know,. The usual !#%$ when it comes to RPs. You all know this by now.

2) One line replies happen sometimes! But try not to reply to everything with ultra underdetailed stuff.

3) If you're confused, not sure where something is trying to go, whatever: Communicate! Talk it out with people! Try not to be too closed off, alright. That's it. Just be chill with each other, That's the rule, my guy.

Aaaaaand for now, that's it. Go ahead. Do the thing, be the leaf, always buy premium gas!

Post subject: Re: Dunkelheit RP OOC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 am 

The Clique: A mysterious organization of mysteriousness. While based on Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts, the thought of Ouroboros from the Trails series along with the Judges from Final Fantasy 12 came into my mind as w ell when making them in the end. What are their goals? What is their purpose? Who can say, certainly for now when they are still nebulous. This organization is not necessarily evil, despite the fact they are shrouded in mystery: They do, however, nonetheless definitely produce multiple antagonists in their time. Do not feel constrained to make only super evil characters, is what I am saying.

The higher ranking members of The Clique are known as Judges, with the leaders known as the Supreme Court and their position known as Justices. Lower ranking members are known as Jurors for the most part, with perhaps some specialization (a Prosecutor, for example?). Jurors consist not only of lower ranking members, but perhaps non-sentients as well. Judges are notable in having a larger amount of freedom: Generally speaking, it is expected that a Judge (and some Jurors, to a degree) can recuse themselves from missions and other plans that The Clique makes as long as it is within reason (this is one area that they are most like the Enforcers in Ouroboros). Generally, they can do whatever they want as long as it does not necessarily derail the plan they refuse to be a part of. This also tends to mean The Clique has, let us say, a few competing plans from the higher ranking members, and who goes to what can be quite confusing.

The Clique is semi-public. Most people know it is exists in technical terms. However, it is mostly believed to be a more of an actual clique of lawmakers, attorneys and so on who work together (they actually DO have law practices that help out all over the world). The more nebulous and mysterious parts are not known and may even be believed to be the work of another shadowy organization with shifting names.

The Clique does not have a dress code that is especially strict, but they have a tendancy to wear masks which cover the top half of their face while leaving their mouth visible. The most common type is a skull-esque mask similiar to the one seen on MCR's The Black Parade cover. Something like the Red Mask from Slay the Spire would also be something common. I feel there is a name for this kind of mask (Masquerade masks?) but I don't know it haha.

More about them will be developed as we play, as right now I have little in specific goals aside from being a nebulous and mysterious organization. Feel free to make people for this as you wish.

The Accusent's Sigil: One thing closely related to The Clique is a mark known in story as The Accusent's Sigil. What the sigil is, I am unsure of, but it tends to manifest on one's flesh supernaturally or burn into one's clothing. Potentially, it is somewhat related to the name of the person and thus slightly different for each person. Nonetheless, the Sigil is a mark which appears on some in the world. The Clique claims it comes from fate, others believe they deliberately place it there (they do not deny they are able, to a degree). What is known is that The Clique's leader (who I will make at a later date) is able to track people marked by the Sigil to a frightening degree. Other Justices may have some power relation to it as well.

When the Accusent's Sigil appears on someone, it usually signals 1 (or more!) of three things. The first is to be marked as an accused: Someone expected to cause trouble, crime, or what have you. It means that the Clique is keeping an eye on you for bad behavoir. Needless to say, this interpretation can cause quite a bit of strife to one marked by the Sigil: Sometimes in a way that is self-fulfilling.

The second common reason for the Sigil's appearance is to mark one as an Accusor. This is to say, The Clique is keeping an eye on you in hopes of having you join their ranks: Be it as a Juror or skipping further ahead in the hierarchy. Close scrutiny and meddling in one's life is common. Other times, though, they will take great care to not appear at all and gauge the natural responses. One thing is for sure: The Clique is very willing to let people do what they wish once a part of it, but they do not like to take "no" for an answer when it comes TO joining it.

The final common reason for the Sigil to appear is as a "Witness". This usually marks the person as a general person of interest, but it can also specifically mean they expect that person to bear witness to an extremely important event far beyond normal crime. The Clique will very rarely appear to ones who are marked as Witnesses, in fear that the very appearance shall alter the anticipated event.

Be it one of these causes or another, it is rare that The Accusent's Sigil appears without changing the course of one's life...for better or for worse. The Accusent's Sigil is remarkably hard to get rid of, with The Clique being the main ones who understand it: The magical weave of the sigil into the occupant is very intricate and The Clique is rather ruthless in keeping it somewhat secret (especially through courtly legal patents). Removal of the Sigil usually requires one of three things: A very high ranking cleric, priest or magic user who is able to understand the magical theory behind it and is of high/good enough standing not to worry of the consequences of it. An exiled one of the above who has the knowledge, and may in fact be exiled even for that, and the means to remove it. Or, finally, The Clique themselves can personally remove it with great ease.

The Accusent's Sigil can appear antwhere on the body, but common places include: On either side of the hand/palm, in the middle of the forehead, on one's chest or stomach or on the lower back.

Last edited by Ruki Motomiya on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dunkelheit RP OOC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:48 am 

Well after some improvization, I give you some brief descriptions of the two characters I have that will get fleshed out over time.

Bran: A middle aged man sealed beneath the earth for at least 7000 years. Has returned to the surface to find he recognizes nothing and is seeking out pelicans, as he gains power from pelicans through a means I haven't decided yet. Pelicans are likely even less numerous than they were back in his time, or at least have moved to a different part of the world, so he's not going to have much luck with that.

The Witch: A mysterious witch who sealed Bran 7000 years ago. She just died and unleashed Bran back upon the world with her death.