Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:58 am 

"O-oh....uh. I mean, I don't, uh. Know what-" There was a shifting sound behind Kimmy, and she turned around, frowning. "H-hang on." Kimmy walked away from the door, over to the bed where Sunny had just sat up, holding her arm to her stomach. "You have to...stay in the bed..." Sunny reached out her arm, grabbing ahold of Kimmy's shoulder as she pulled herself to her feet. "No, Sun, please. You can't. You aren't in any condition to...you couldn't even if you..."

Sunny started shuffling towards the door, holding onto Kimmy for support. Begrudgingly, Kimmy kept pace with her. "I have to try. If I can get enough power from the sun...maybe I can just...do something."

Kimmy opened the door all the way, pushing John out of the way for Sunny. John could clearly see the two of them now, Kimmy's hands were covered in what appeared to be blood, and Sunny's shirt was stained red in places, bandages clearly visible around her waist since she had just gotten up and didn't have the strength to pull her shirt all the way down. "Listen, I'm as optimistic as any other person, but you can't just walk out into a fight wounded like this and hope to not get shot at. And he said meteors. Plural! You could move one, maybe!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:23 am 

As the wind howled, the storm in Caitlin's heart raged on.

Caitlin had never flown this high before. She knew her limit, and she knew what a fall from this height could mean for her. A moment ago she was fine; now she was shaky and flying erratically. The wind and the rain, though a problem, weren't the real cause of this. Her focus was placed more on figuring out a solution to the meteor problem, and the doubt that had began to creep into her mind was starting to affect her spell.
Mid flight she had cast a small orb of light that hovered just above her shoulder. In one hand Caitlin held one of her mother's spell books, while the other she tried to keep the rain off it with her hat. Her crimson hair blew wildly as she tried to read from the text in her hand, the pages fluttering about. "Damn it. Why do so many of these require materials?" she growled. This dark, black book in particular didn't seem to be from the same 'ABC's of Magic' series that she was learning from. No, this was an actual spell book, filled with words suited only for a master of the dark arts. Caitlin wasn't suppose to be attempting any of these spells yet. The 'Baby's First Magic Missile' ones were hard enough for her.

She was desperate.

The captain slid the book into a fiery portal, shelving the volume as well as dismissing her orb. Quickly she decided on a meteor - the one that seemed the most average in size - and flew closer to it. One. Just one. If she could at least take care of one, then that'd be enough. The rest would be no problem. As long as could take care of one of them.
She decided to get close to it. A bold but very risky move, to be sure. The heat coming off of them was unbearable even for someone who spent much of their time in Hell. With her hands she made that same motion from earlier with the fight against Cevell, casting an aura around them. She pressed against the meteor, the searing heat quickly burning her hands. Bearing through the pain she kept her focus, the meteor slowly getting engulfed by the aura as it pushed against Caitlin. It was slow but seemed to be going well, until progress came to a sudden halt. Try as she might she couldn't quite get the spell to fully take effect.

That plan wasn't going to work. She flew back a ways, shaking her hands vigorously as they began to heal. She'd have to try something from the spell book. Closing her eyes she inhaled, exhaling slowly as she spoke these words: "Powers that bind us all, accept my will, grant me your strength." Caitlin held her hands out in front of her as she spoke. There was no immediate sign that the spell had worked, but Caitlin could feel something pressing against her palms. From the safe distance she was at she could now feel the force of the particular meteor she was trying to stop, and with it a force in her arms helping to push back against it. She struggled against its weight, her feet pedaling in the air as they tried to get a grip on something to help fight this. She could feel - she could see the meteor start to slow. It was working!
Then she heard her bone pop out of its socket. The shock interrupted her levitation spell and completely ended the other. Caitlin fell some twenty feet before catching herself. She glared at her right shoulder and with her left hand forced it back into place, letting out a yell. There wasn't any time to rest. She began invoking another spell, holding one hand out in front of her now. "The realm without end, I send this gift to you. Hunger unrelenting, void unending. Create a bridge between us, and accept this offering." There was a spark between her fingers. Then, awful creaking sound. Before her a void began to open, darker than anything she had ever laid eyes on. The rain that went into it didn't come out the other end. She was sending the meteors somewhere. Or, she was going to. The void was no bigger than the size of her hand. The second she gave it a look of frustration the portal snapped shut, meaning that she had successfully failed three different tries.

Caitlin was fixated on the meteor, panting heavily as she clenched her fist. Those spells winded her more than she had anticipated. By this point she wasn't quite sure how she was still airborne. The outcome was becoming bleaker with each passing second. Her magic wasn't strong enough to do more than inconvenience even one of the meteors. The way things were going it wouldn't be long before...before...
Far off in the distance she could make out the sound of thunder. Far, far beyond the storm. Different than what she had been hearing. "No," she managed to say as the rain continued to roll off her face. "I can handle this. I can do this. I don't need your..." Stopping herself she let out a long, heavy sigh. "We're not dead yet. I'm not dead yet!"

She reached back into her bookshelf-like portal, bringing back the spell book. Maybe if she could destroy it, completely, it would be enough. "As long as I still breathe, as long as I still exist, there's still hope!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

John moved his hand out for a moment, watching the two begin to walk slowly. "Wait, I..."

He moved his hand to his final prepared vial on his belt and brought it up. "Let me help." The vial's clear contents began to smoke up and change into a nice, red hue, but the color began to shift into a natural yellow look. The vial seemed to begin glowing.

He moved forward, handing the vial to Sunny. "I'm average in magical knowledge, admittedly, but am willing to do whatever I can to help everyone. Tell me what you need and I'll do it."

---

"I believe I still have 7 more minutes." The Reaper smiled, happy that Cevell's being Civill.

"Do you understand how skeptical I am?" She poured more tea into her cup, lifting it to fill Cevell's if need be. "And not because of your character. Truth be told, I think you would be a fine Devil...given training and prior knowledge of what you must do...but to completely oust Catherine, and to do so in such a turbulent time?" She frowned. "There's a lot more at stake than what you personally aim for, and the thought of yet another couple of years of anguish; with souls constantly crying out to me; with no way to truly help them, no matter how much of a burden I lay upon myself...it could be too much for me to bear...not to mention the fact that the only reason this Hell was established so well was because Sarah had help. The way you're going, you would have no one to assist you..."

She looked down at her tea for a moment. "Understand that I have no ability to stop you; only to help you once you stop. I know of your great spirit." She moved her head back up to look towards Cevell, though Cevell could still only see her mouth. "And that has never changed in your life and your death. And despite the years shaved from your life, I know you'll be living for a lot longer still. A long, beautiful life."

"I just...I feel as though your potential is going to be wasted if you do kill Catherine. To be quite honest, Catherine being alive is the easiest way for you to become something more. Maybe not the Devil, but something greater than what you aspire to be. Maybe something beyond that. After all this, I think she's been more of a positive influence on you more than anyone else. Were it not for her, you would not have met my...knight...."

Issac didn't seem to be wincing anymore. His body was healing up rather fast. He was now proudly beaming again.

"...or your friend Alicia." The Reaper seemed a lot more eager to move past Issac. Poor knight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:16 am 

Cevell simply shook her head, letting out another small laugh. "A good influence on me, huh? Last I've checked, I've just been bumming around on the good captain's ship, and now she's tried to drag me along for some sell-out adventure to a bunch of rich snobs. Big Guy here clearly doesn't approve of me or my methods, either: the fact I'm sitting here is proof of that enough. As for Alicia..." as Cevell explained, her smirk turned to a frown as she shook her head once more, "No one's seen her since we split all those years ago. No doubt she's happy to be rid of us, of me, as well, for all the time I've hassled her." With that, Cevell leaned an arm on the table before continuing, "Make no mistake, this 'great spirit' inside me has not clouded my judgement or anything like that, it's simply a means to an end. Every choice I've made has been of my own volition, and I've come way too far to be able to afford to doubt a single one of those choices now. If I'm wrong, then someone will want what's right more, and I will fail. Of course, everything I've done up until now is to prove that I'm not wrong. That I have what it takes, that I want it more than anyone could ever want anything. I'm afraid nothing you say will convince me otherwise."

With that, Cevell relaxed again and took another sip of tea. "Well, I'd say we could play Tic-Tac-Toe for six minutes, but I know how this goes. You'll keep trying to convince me anyways, I'm sure, to stop doing this. To stop being who I am. I've been through this song and dance before."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:00 am 
Site Admin

The Reaper smiled, taking another sip.

Issac stepped in for the discussion instead. "Cevell, I have told you before, but you never believe me...I would never bring you here, with such a dangerous spirit, to the place that houses the spirit of Death herself...if I didn't believe in your capacity to listen to reason."

"It's true, it would be rather unwise otherwise," The Reaper noted. "I'm actually a bit impressed by his leap of logic. It's...more impressive than usual." She wasn't even mad, content to watch now.

"I can't say I'd ever approve of it..." Issac moved his hand to the back of his head. "But I don't believe this is the best you can be, either."

"And Miss Alicia....where ever she is...she had so many other people she could have talked to on our ship...those who were mostly immune to her power...me who had the great strength of will to not be enamored by her so strongly! (this is a lie, this is a lie, god that is such a lie) And yet she still hung around with you. She even actively looked for you. Why was that?"

He grinned. "Because you were her knight!" Oh no. "And that realization just hit me! You and I are exactly alike!!"

Man, Issac, just pick a mood and swing in place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 am 

At Issac's last exclamation, Cevell simply sat, and stared... and stared... and--OH, WAS THAT--no, wait, she just blinked, but otherwise, still just staring.

Except then, she laughed. And laughed. And laughed some more. I'm not talking no baby chuckles or giggles, either, she was tearing up from the hilarity as she literally fell out of her chair. "Oh... pfff... oh, Big Guy." she said, finally barely being able to stifle her laughter as she got up and put a hand on his shoulder, "You're... you're great. Never change." Wiping away the tears, she gave Issac's shoulder another pat before sitting back down.

"But really, you keep mentioning how I'm 'capable of so much more' and all that. So, since we still have, whatever number of minutes left, I'll humor you. Just what is this supposed greatness I'm capable of that what I'm doing would veer me away from? The Devil's great, like, fifth or sixth mate that helped beat down the forces of Heaven? The shmuck who followed everyone around blasting things with a shotgun that totally helped 'save the wOOOooOOrld!'? Because none of that sounds as appealing as the Grand Master of Hell that eradicated every hope of reprisal through sheer willpower. But hey, I'm all ears, weave for me this tale where I meet my 'full potential.'"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:21 am 

Sunny grabbed the vial and quickly drained the contents into her mouth, completely ignoring Kimmy's sputtering protests. She grimaced for a second, and exhaled sharply, rolling her shoulders as the potion worked its magic on her body. "See? If you learned magic when I showed you all of Miharu's books, you could have helped me earlier! Instead, all those texts are gone." Kimmy just rolled her eyes and sighed. "You still never told me what-"

"FOCUS." Kimmy turned Sunny around, towards the hallway leading up to the deck. "You don't know proper magic, but we can destroy those meteors if John's potion fixed your problem." Sunny rubbed her chest, frowning. "Don't. We need to go, now. We don't have time to think about it too much or try anything. Just go out and get in position. Focus, and do it." Sunny nodded confidently, and started walking down the hall.

Kimmy turned to John with a frown on her face, looking at the book at his side. "We'll talk later. We should get out on the deck. Might need to improvise." With that, she left John behind.

"Your magic user is extending the distance between the two of you. Updating the map." Thank you book. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:38 am 
Site Admin

The Reaper sat and watched her for a moment, contemplating.

After a moment, she sighed. "I guess there's nothing I can say that will dissuade you. I am certainly not one to beg and grovel at the feet of someone, let alone someone who is being granted power from someone I truly detest." She set the cup down at last, folding her hands together and looking over at her guest once more. "I suppose that's that, then. I will leave this up to fate."

She then stood up from her seat, straightened her dress, and began to walk away, her form starting to disappear. As she began to fade, she looked back over at the still-sitting Cevell and the knight standing next to her. "Ser Issac, she can take anything you can throw at her.Please remember that you can do more with the power I bestowed upon you than to form giant hands like the lad. Maybe a giant sword. You always seem fond of those. Just stop goofing around."

She then looked over to Cevell. "I thank you for being so courteous, Cevell. If you won't heed my advice, then at least contemplate on it. The fact that I would allow Ser Issac to do this is not something to be taken lightly."

With that, her form dissipated. But there was still at least...2 minutes left in this place.

"Giant swords, hmm..." Issac tapped on his chin.

---

John began to run with the two girls, his stone shimmering in his hand. The sad thing is that he was out of premade vials of his special liquid. He hoped there was something on deck that he could use.

After a moment, he stopped, letting the girls get ahead of himself before he opened the book again. "Okay, go over the ways to dispatch a meteor storm again. And don't tell me that I can't do it. I'm going to find a way to if it kills me."

Focus on the ones that won't kill him, please.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:57 pm 

Sunny walked out on the deck, feeling the harsh winds whip her hair across her face. The storm had kicked up significantly since we last checked up on it. She moved a hand up to brush the hair out of her face, and glanced upwards to see the first of the meteors breaking through the clouds. She swallowed, her face going a bit blank, before she felt a hand on her back.

"Just keep moving forward, get to the middle of the ship. Don't waste time on feeling nervous." Kimmy pushed Sunny out of the doorway to get a look at what she was dealing with, a deep frown setting in on her face. Sunny didn't even turn to look at other people, focusing on getting into position so she could start her ritual.

-

"Short of having some sort of laser grid in your pants, there isn't much you can do to destroy the meteors this short notice. Their impact will be in 5 or so minutes, you have maybe 10 minutes minimum on the best offense spell and 45 on a potion. You could use a shielding salve on yourself and have it set up at its maximum radius to defend the ship, maybe. The bubble would deflect the first meteor before shattering, or handle any debris from someone more well prepared than you."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

John ran up to the entrance to the deck. "Well, I don't have that much time to prepare a potion. Al, what do you have for me?"

I have possible combinations that could work for our advantage. The shielding salve Mimi mentioned, and a spell to boost it. In a small vial, it could be enough to shield us with one meteor. Problem is, this doesn't take into account the possibility that the meteor-slinger won't reappear with like 7 more prepared for slinging. Even if we shield for debris, we won't be able to handle another barrage. If we had enough materials, I could figure out a way to shield this ship, and the other, for hours.

Wow, the phantom was being helpful.

"I don't have the components...I used my last vial of Variable Fluid."

Put me to work, then. You just need a suitable substitute for me to work my magic.

"I don't know where we could find..." John was looking over at a large bundle on the pirate's ship. "Uh...ah...o-oy! My good man!" He pointed at one pirate that was surprisingly nonchalant about the whole 'we're all going to die' situation. He was just leaning on the wall, looking up, smoking a pipe and contemplating whether it was running away from life or running away from his wife that brought him here. "What is in that crate?"

The pirate looked over at the supply crate and gave the boy a brief guffaw. "Oh, that? Why, nothing but our supply of rum. Every pirate ship needs it. If they didn't, people would get grouchy. And irritable. And killable. And all manners of other things in-betwixt those possible scenarios."

"...s-super." John moved over to the crate. "Will this work, Al?"

Hm, the residual sugarcane, the fermented molasses...the various home-grown additions that make it such a potent and dangerous monster of a beverage...there may be enough ingredients for me to !#%$ around with. I can change the fluid while it's in your hand, but the spread of the salve needs to be widespread. We're going to need a lot of rum.

"Well, sure..." The alchemist moved his hand inside and grabbed a bottle, opening it and taking a big swig of it. He began to cough, feeling the bitter drink fill him. "Mmf...not like I need to make friends on this ship or anything. Let's get started." Once the bottle's contents changed into a different color, he tossed it onto the ground, then grabbed another. One by one, he began to toss or empty the bottles onto the ship's deck, spilling its contents all over the boards.

The pirate was still, surprisingly, nonchalant about this. I mean, the meteor's gonna kill them all anyway, right? Stabbing someone right now was just being rude.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:41 am 

The spell fizzled out around the tips of Caitlin's fingers, and she could feel a sharp pain surge throughout her body. Each failed attempt was paid with a hefty toll. She gripped her shoulder worriedly, her thumb running over the small bloody wounds that Cevell had put into her. By now even if she got the spell to work she could be caught within the blast zone. That, and the high winds were starting to throw her around too much, forcing much of her concentration on just staying afloat. Falling back to the ship was a necessary embarrassment. She succeeded only in furthering her injuries during her time up in the sky; she would not fail back on the sea.

---

Caitlin leaned her hands against the doors to her room, catching her breath. She had fallen through her portal to return here, but even that was starting to make her body ache. There was maybe one good attempt left in her before she'd need to take a real rest. If Cevell wanted to go for a round two after this, she wasn't sure she'd be able to stop her...
No, she had to. She was better than this. Hell, either of her parents would have had this whole mess done and buried in a nice little Cevel-shaped grave by now. She had been through worse !#%$ than this in her life (At least, that's what she was trying to believe), and that snub nosed, fashion starved !#%$ wasn't going to get the better of her.

Stepping out from her room and into the storm, Caitlin held her hat firmly in place against her head. Far in the distance she could hear another clap of thunder subtly over the howl of the wind. Straight ahead of her stood Sota, looking much calmer than she had earlier. "Welcome back, Captain," she smiled with a wave. "Giving it one last shot?"
Caitlin stepped beside her, resting a hand on the railing in front of her room as she looked down at the first mate. "You're not worried?" she asked. Sota shook her head in response. "Why not?"
With a sly smile she tilted her finger, pointing at nothing as the sound of thunder rolled by yet again. "Even if you can't do it, there's someone on stand-by who can take care of this." Caitlin frowned at the reply. She hadn't meant it the way Caitlin seemed to take the comment. Placing a hand on Caitlin's back, Sota spoke in a reassuring tone. "Hey, if he wanted to stop it he would have already. They're trying to let you take care of this on your own. He doesn't want to interfere just as much as you don't want him to."
"If that was true he wouldn't be sitting around out there," replied Caitlin dissatisfied. "It's like neither of them have any faith in me sometimes."
"He's your father, Cait. Of course he's going to be worried about you. You fret over Sunny and Rei constantly. I think, there might be something else to it though. Doesn't this situation remind you of something? Someone? ...Maybe I'm just..." Sota gave Caitlin a quick pat on the back, signaling her to get back to work. "Go on, get back in there. Hey, if you manage to pull this off, maybe Sarah will let you skip all the way to the 5th grade!" she smirked, finally drawing a smile out of her friend.

Shambling her way to the center of the ship, Caitlin spotted Sunny and Kimmy. She moved towards them, looking at Sunny with concern as she approached. "Hey Sunshine," she said with a small frown as she pointed to Sunny's bandages. "What happened? Are you sure you can...?" She paused, looking up at Kimmy before turning back to Sunny. "Well, if she's letting you try it then I guess you're fine. But..." Caitlin looked up towards the sky, pausing. The red was brighter than before. "Never mind. We'll talk later." She looked at Sunny's nervous face, trying to look confident herself as she spoke to the young mage. Confidence was hard to convey with her face scarred up from the Holy-Shells. "Sunny, it's alright. You're more than capable of handling this. Plus," she reached up, lifting her hat off her head. In the same motion her horns appeared, and her now red eyes were almost a light behind the rain. "I'll be right here, helping you. Between the two of us there won't be a speck of these meteors left."
Taking the hat in her hand Caitlin placed it on Sunny's head. She placed her hand on her shoulder, just giving her a smile before taking a few steps away. Standing too close to Sunny's magic could have negative effects on her. "C'mon. I bet I can get more than you," she said playfully, trying to make the matter more of a fun competition for them. Whether it was to ease Sunny's mind or her own, who was to say.

Caitlin stretched her hands far in front of herself before raising them high into the air, preparing the spell she had continuously failed minutes before. Faint red lines of energy formed around her in a crystalline shape. Her voice was loud over the storm as she softly spoke in a commanding tone:

"Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
Before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand."

Her hair and coat rose as if a strong fan were placed beneath her, and the wind and rain seemed to no longer touch her. The lines that had surrounded her gathered in the palms of her hands, forming a red and black sphere of dark energy. Small sparks of electricity flowed from it as Caitlin continued, lowering her hands to her side as she readied her attack.

"In thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness
Let all the fools who stand before me be destroyed
By the power you and I possess."

Caitlin could feel the spell 'catch.' At last she could feel it - the power running from her fingertips through her entire body. Not against her like before, but for her. It was like nothing she had ever felt before. Her fingers trembled at the very might of her own strength. The sphere continued to swell and grow as Caitlin recited the last words.

"DRAGON SLAVE!"

With the last of her might Caitlin threw her arms forward. The sphere shot straight towards the reddening sky as a same-colored beam trailed followed it along. A cone was somewhat visible at its front as it broke the air, climbing higher and higher. Caitlin fell to her knees as she watched her spell soar into the clouds. Over the storm and all its wind and thunder the crew could hear a deafening explosion. The sky flashed a bright red where the beam had disappeared.

That was the last thing Caitlin saw as she fell forward, blacking out...

Last edited by Voice on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:26 am 

As the Reaper left, Cevell simply shook her head and laughed to herself once more. After a brief pause, though, she turned now to Issac. "So you were holding back, were you?" she said with a grin, raising an eyebrow, "Hah, and you said we're exactly like." Cevell shook her head once more as she blew a quick raspberry before continuing, "No, I don't think you understand. How do you expect to have the smallest bit of hope of deterring me from anything if you don't show me your full desire? You don't need to talk big talk at me. I know you're the Big Guy. So show me. Show me the hopelessness you believe this path to hold, surround me with the all-consuming darkness that awaits me, don't just grab at me with your little cartoon hands." Cevell gave another laugh, closing her eyes as she laid back in the seat once again, putting her feet on the table. "But hey, that's just my suggestion. Maybe you know that'll just make my determination all the stronger as I break through it and are just tired of trying. Whether you just want to play with your big sword all day or show me what you're really made of, I'll leave up to you. You still got a minute, so take your time. Figure out what you want. I'll be waiting."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:28 am 
Site Admin

Issac looked over at his fairly formidable opponent, studying her.

"Do you really want to be alone, Cevell?"

---

John kept pouring out a couple for his homies, but the homies are quite alive, pirates, and getting a little pissy about him draining the liquid onto the two ships. He was about to tell some off when he heard a massive shout and deafening roar. His cloak began to burrow furiously in the wind that was created from Caitlin's spell, watching from below as the meteor was crushed. Not bad.

Noticing that the debris was surely about to start falling, he picked up the pace, finally covering just enough for his plan.

Well, drink the magic-increasing alcohol now.

John took the swig, then spat. "PPFFFAH...UGH..." It was still rum.

Oh sorry... Shimmer. Try now.

John grumbled as he took a drink, then cast the remaining bit of it into the bit of the deck that would reach the rest of the alcohol.

Alright, let's see if I can remember the incantation...repeat after me...

John closed his eyes, concentrating for a moment.....

Stalwart knight, protector of the hopeless
Guide our ships through these trying times.
In the single guard, the unstoppable shield
Protect these ships and her peoples.

You know, it's not really a verbal command. I literally just made it up on the spo-

John clapped his hand together, the stone planted in the middle for added effect.

Ow.

John then moved his palm out and smacked it into the rather large puddle of glass and potion he created.

"Phantasmal Guardian"

Owwwwwwwwaahahahaha...

The alchemist smiled as the entire ship began to glow with a green hue. The power expelled from the alchemist and the stone, sending green light across the entirety of the two ships. If only for a little bit, the ships were safe from meteor strikes.

Congratulations, you gave the ship about 10 more minutes of a meteor-free safe zone. Maybe 5 if the kid and captain don't do much. Still, feels nice to be used for practical reasons. Go team.

John sighed. Now what was going to happen? There's not enough rum to do a second coating, and it was only a matter of time before the whole thing starts over again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 am 

Another light laugh from Cevell. "Do I want to be alone?" she repeated, leaning forward in her chair again, "Of course not. For as much many times as my body's been remodeled, revived, replaced, or whatever else, I still have the soul of a human. I still feel rejection and whatever else, just as much as the next guy. But I will not, I can not compromise myself, for anyone. The moment I do is the moment I lose myself. If people I care about hate or reject it, that's on them, because the second I lose myself is the time I'm more alone than I've ever been. It won't be me that's friends with those people. It'll be a fabrication I made to make them happy, a fabrication that will replace, that will erase my soul, and then there'll truly be no humanity left in me."

Cevell's smirk seemed a bit more solemn now, but she smiled all the same. "So yes, I'd love to have all the friends in the world. The real question is, do those people want to be friends with me? Or with the idea of me, with a fabrication? Of that, I need to be sure. That's why I always give my all, show my all, so they know what they're getting into. Nothing more, nothing less."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

"We make sacrifices of ourselves in order to positively benefit others. Humanity is about checks and balances...finding the way to be yourself and to benefit the common good. You have chosen to silence the opposition in favor of your own, selfish desires. Before, you had quite a few friends...but now, you have two. And one of them is using you."

Issac stepped away from the dining set, walking a few paces forward before turning around. He brought his hand to the hilt of his Daedalus, slowly moving it from his back. From his waist, he looked wounded. He could even be considered as beaten.

"I...will beat those selfish desires down to the ground." His eyes began to expel a sort of icy mist as two dark masses appeared beside him, slowly forming into two rather sturdy-looking phantasmal swords. His own sword, held up by his right arm, is also expelling a little bit of mist. "Until the only thing left in you...is humanity."

"Stand up, Cevell."

1 minute left.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next