Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 am 

Shades began dragging Elby along. "Hey, come on. We need to find where Abel and Misl ran off to. Then, kill a god. And maybe if we've got some free time show a !#%$ her place."

Raxy lifted Gloom from Elby, "Hey, don't run off like that Oddish. You were just hurt, you need to rest."

The trio then exited the building in search for their companions. Unless they were there and just got ignored. In that case, ouch, man.

---

The Quicksilver Nebula and the Team Galactic flunky fighting in the alleyway were soon greeted by the barking of the hell hound that sniffed them out and a man in uniform with his gun trained on them. Snacks wasn't going to let this one get away, it was the most excitement he's had in ages. "Put your hands in the air and back against the wall," He shouted, "You're both being taken to the station under criminal suspicion."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am 

Father Jazz caught a glimpse of Edwin running into the distance, and was curious, to say the least. As he began to follow, he turned towards Jenna. He felt sorry for the loss of her Squirtle, he really did, and definitely respected the bond she shared with him, along with the reaches she took herself to protect it, as well as just do right in general, constantly visibly hurting herself to save, among others, even Father Jazz's own life. He had a lot of sympathy and respect for Jenna, which he chose to convey in a simple salute, for he had a sweaty man to chase after.

And so, Father Jazz ran off after Edwin.

---------------------

Seeming to have the upper hand, Mrs. Urbaby allowed herself a fist-pump, but kept on the pressure with the rain of rocks. After a few more moments of this, though, she seemed satisfied, and then dug a bit deeper in her tote bag before pulling out a Pokeball, tossing it at the Girafarig in hopes to catch it.

Meanwhile, the large, slithering mass had mad its way to right behind Mrs. Urbaby. Ever-so-slowly and quietly, it raised its head above her, its long, slender body towering more and more over her as its glowing red eyes glared down upon the rock-crazed mother.

---------------------

As Raxy took up the Gloom, Spirit Raxy perked up. "Wait, dude, do you realize what is happening here? The Master is not only showing care for your well-being, but she is holding you in Her arms, choosing not to just stow you away in a Pokeball." she said, seeming more than a little amazed. In the next moment, Spirit Raxy got her face once again uncomfortably close to the Gloom, glaring at it with one wide eye as she squinted the other, as well as pointing indignantly as she sternly went on, "It's probably pity, or wanting to oversee what you do, or something, but so help me, you better !#%$ enjoy this."

And so, the Gloom simply took it upon itself to hug on to Raxy.

Also, Elby kind of followed along, but who even cares about that !#%$, I mean seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:49 pm 

Pichu manuvered around the rocks to avoid being crushed, though some of them did graze on him. He didn't notice the incoming Zubat; a somewhat loud 'donk' sound was heard when Zubat collided with Pichu, causing the mouse to fall over. This left Pichu with no time to avoid Zubat's Poison Fang. "Pulse, use Thundershock to get Zubat off you!" Roger yelled. Pichu charged up more electricity, and released a slightly stronger bolt of electricity all over Zubat and itself.

As Pichu attacked Zubat, Roger looked directly at Hundin and spoke aloud and confidently. "You know, if you didn't have to assert your dominance, that Zubat would be doing so much better. I actually feel bad for it."

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:16 pm 

Hundin let out another laugh, her knees buckling a bit as she did so. "Look at you!" she shouted, just barely stifling her laughter, "More credit to you for being brave, but I feel I should remind you of a few things. Recall just who is bringing themselves down to whose level. Furthermore, if I didn't "assert my dominance," I'd still be here yelling at that thing to stop trying to bite me in the face. I needed a quick way to put in its place to serve as a tool for this exercise. That's a lesson I've been trying to teach you well: time is of the essence. As each second passes by, you grow older, and your opponents grow stronger. You need to grow stronger much more rapidly if you want any hope to become a truly masterful trainer, as things do not happen until you make them happen."

Hundin shook her head, recalling her Togetic to a Pokeball as it was gnawing on the chewy tissue of the Zubat's wing. Her laughter now completely gone in favor of her sinister stare, she went on, "Now, I don't know about you, but I've dug my way out of cave-ins before, so if I were you, I'd be worried about myself before that Zubat. As I said, time is of the essence."

With that, a large collection of rocks fell loose, forming a wall in between Hundin and Roger, putting her out of sight, and this cave-in was far from over. Not another moment went by as a rather large rock came tumbling down towards the Pichu and Zubat, no doubt big enough to knock them both out, if they're lucky.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:17 am 

"Maybe, but there is more than one way to get a Pokemon to listen to you. Admittedly, you probably don't care about that bat to the point of using it outside of this battle, so that method could work, but I think I have a point." There is going to be irony in that statement soon. Roger said, now aware of how lapsed for time he was at the moment. As Roger tried to figure a way out, he called back Pichu, and then quickly called out Gurdurr and Scizor, hastily pointing out the rocks. The mantis and body builder started to break through the wall with their great strength, eventually clearing out a hole that Roger was able to run through as he caught up with Hundin.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:24 am 

Jenna leaned back as the drugs entered her system, taking off her glasses and sighing deeply. Her pupils dilated, and she turned to look towards Gloria, trying to ask her how many milligrams Gloria had just given her. Instead, she mumbled something and drooled a little. Her arms went slack, and she slowly slid off the bench she was sitting on, ending up on the floor. One of her pokeballs was knocked loose and Vile popped out, looking confused.

It saw the wreckage, and then Jenna hurt, on the ground completely out of it. She then turned on Gloria, pointing one of her very sharp claws at her.

----

Nancy was already almost to the cave. It wasn't very far away, and she knew the area very well. She noticed that the entrance to the cave system was flooded with pokemon escaping the cave-in situation. She also could feel the commotion going on inside the cave. She snuck up the side of the mountain, finding one of the ventilation shafts still in one piece, and it still lead straight to the where her Roger was, according to her indicator. She frowned at the steel bars covering her entrance, noting that the gap was far too small for a normal person to squeeze through.
"Ugh. Of course, I'd have to shimmy past something like this. It can never be something like 'oh yeah just sit in this tower and make notes and then get all of the prizes you want.' I hate everything about this plan." She took off her jacket, slipping it around her waist. She then easily slipped into the grate, holding onto the sides of the shaft and shimmying down the sides until she tumbled out onto the right floor, just above where the fight was taking place.

'Who's this new !#%$?' she thought, making sure to stand under a support, and away from the general cave in area.

Wait.

'Why did I come down here holy !#%$ that was stupid.'

She watched Roger clear a hole, waited a few seconds, and then hopped down and followed them, stealthily keeping out of sight at all times.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 am 

As Roger and his entourage of Pokemon made their way through, they'd see Hundin already having dug quite a ways through the rocks, using nothing but her gloved hands. "Oh, good, you stopped thinking your opinion matters long enough to not get killed, I'm impressed." she said, looking over her shoulder at him as she continued digging her way through.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 am 

"About friggin' time." The Galactic agent sputtered as he lifted himself shakily off of the ground. A spiderweb-like fracture had spread from the center of his visor to its outer edges. "Normally when you bail someone out, you don't wait until the moment the cops show up."

The woman in the secretary outfit glowered at him in response. "I don't think a screw-up gets the right to lecture me on my timeliness or my perfect escape plans." She evaluated the arriving police officer and Corey quickly. "But we'll talk about this later. Beryl, Dragon Rage!"

The Dragonair that had attacked Corey whipped its body through the air to gracefully regain its place at the side of its mistress. It opened its mouth as blue tongues of flame licked out in measured wisps, and with a breath, they issued forth in a powerful gout of azure fire that the dragon spread about in a line that cut off Corey and the officer from the two Galactic operatives as it ignited into a not-insignificant barrier.

"Gurgh..." Corey stood up quickly, almost leaping to his feet. "Wait!"

The lavender haired lady smiled playfully in response, barely reacting as the boy ran up to the flames and stopped just short of crossing. "I'm afraid not. Waiting isn't on the itinerary. So sorry."

"Remember the name Geo." The male agent grimaced as he held up one hand to his face to keep a wobbly shard of visor from falling out. "Because I promise you, we will be meeting again. I want it on your lips when I repay you for thHURGH."

"Oh shut it and let's go!" His female counterpart's arm whipped out to grab his arm roughly, and the two broke off into a dead sprint, in Geo's case more of a dead being-dragged-really-hard-on-his-feet, off down the direction the woman had come from, with the Dragonair and a dazed looking Porygon (its eyes, in this case, literal spirals) following as quickly as they could manage.

----------------------------------

Gloria's reaction was immediate. "Waitwaitwaitwait whoa there!" She put on the most reassuring smile she could. "I'm just trying to help the super strong ho-my-god-she-just-beat-up-an-elephant-like-whoa person over here - I guess I could've said she was your master - no need to point the claw at me or anything!" She held up the thread she had been planning on binding up Jenna's arm with. "See? I'm totally safe!"

-----------------------------------

The Girafarig batted the incoming Pokeball aside with its head. Its reaction was savage. Gathering up all of its mental faculties, it hurled a wave of telekinetic force forward that violently threw rocks and several of the things it had been trying to throw at the rocks in Mrs. Urbaby's direction. The giraffe itself charged behind its own psychic outburst, with the apparent intent of trampling the woman. It had apparently not noticed the enormous shadowy slithering mass that would not be named at this point, but if it had - well - probably wouldn't have changed things much honestly. It was still running in full mindless rage mode.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 am 

Edwin heard foot steps and looked behind him to see Father Jazz. "Hello." He greeted the shadow man, "Have you seen Nancy by any chance?"

---

"Get 'im girl." Said the policeman, his dog bursting through the barrier and chasing after them. The blue flame hurt it some as it gained speed on the robbers. Houndoom blew small embers of fire at the two of them in an attempt to slow them down. Those burned by it would find the searing pain simply would not quit. Shrouded in blue flame, the dark pokemon truly looked like a hell hound.

Snacks himself took the time to aim his gun on Corey. "Alright, you're coming to the station with me for questioning."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 am 

The Dragonair swooped in to take the flames with its body, weaving its body in such a way that it absorbed the flames directed at its trainer. If it was wounded, it didn't show much of a sign of it, for it was a creature too majestic to acknowledge anything so base as the mundane fires issued forth by a mongrel dog.

Geo was not so fortunate as some embers struck his cloak. "Frig! Put the flames out puttheflamesout!" He was having problems trying to do so himself considering that he was holding one hand over his face to keep his visor together, and another was being pulled along by his partner.

"Oh, quit being a baby! You deserve it anyways!" The woman shook her head disdainfully as they continued to flee towards the outskirts of the city. "Beryl, get rid of that filthy creature!"

The blue pearl growing naturally on Beryl's neck crackled with a few minuscule bolts of electricity. These, in turn, arced upwards towards the horn, which channeled them outwards in the Houndoom's direction as a series of pulsing waves - a Thunder Wave attack intended to paralyze it.

--------------------------

Corey spun around on the police officer, still holding onto the gun he'd taken from the agent. "I- You- Are you !#%$ stupid?!" The boy spat, as his fists shook, the free one clenching and unclenching several times. "No, don't answer that - it would be in keeping with this type of town for a clod to run around and," His sentence sputtered off into an irritated growl.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 am 

"Hmm, maybe I'm going to need some bigger rocks..." Mrs. Urbaby thought to herself, "Furthermore, how am I going to dodge all this nons-" Before she could finish, though, she'd suddenly find herself blasted with a torrent of water from directly above. As the Girafarig closed in, as well, it'd suddenly find itself wrapped up by the length of the sea snake's body. Feeling victorious, the mysterious totally-not-Milotic looked to the sky, a large black mask covering its eyes. Truly, it was a masterful craft that made the Pokemon remain an enigma, and not just entirely goofy-looking and pointless, let me tell you.

---------------------

"Uhh, can't say I have." Father Jazz said as he came to a stop behind Edwin, "Why, are you planning on leaving to find her or something?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 am 

Edwin glanced at Father Jazz, then to the blood container, and then once more to his mysterious friend before he spoke with a child-like innocence. "I don't know."

---

Houndoom fell to the ground unable to move. It glared daggers at the escaping criminals while trying to force itself to move again.

---

"I suppose we can do it here. Who were they?" Snacks said, approaching the trainer. As he got closer he took a better look at who his gun was aimed at. Isn't he...?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:57 am 

For a moment, Father Jazz just stared at Edwin with a raised eyebrow. Finally, though, the innocence got through to him as Father Jazz sighed, relenting with a simple "I can help."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:13 pm 

Roger ignored Hundin's comment and proceeded to help her, as did his Pokemon. He was also unaware of the catgirl currently following him. "I assume you don't know how much farther it is until we reach the exit." he said bluntly. He contemplated bringing out another Pokemon to assist him and Hundin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:43 pm 

The two Galactic agents escaped towards the general direction of the cave and mountainous area surrounding it that would lead toward the next town, and soon they would be out of sight of the town proper, both of their Pokemon that had not been returned to Pokeballs in tow.

-------------------

Corey sighed through clenched teeth, allowing a measure of cold composure back in, even if that certainly wasn't what he was feeling. "Did it look like I personally knew him?" He looked off down the alleyway that the pair of criminals had retreated down. "The man was almost definitely Team Galactic though." He said, almost more introspectively for his own benefit than the for the officer's. "You don't see tacky-looking tech like that visor he was sporting on your typical crime ring, even if he hadn't been stupid enough to confirm it himself. Woman was probably his partner."

-------------------

This pretty much caused the Girafarig to lose what little of its !#%$ it had left to lose. The animal began kicking, biting, thrashing around in an attempt to free itself. It no longer had the presence of mind for much beyond basic escape tactics, so its psychic power was reduced to causing several nearby fire hydrants to explode violently. Unless its attempts to free itself from the Milotic were actually capable of shaking it off, it was no longer an especially effectual threat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 pm 

The officer lowered his gun with a slight surprise at hearing those words. Team Galatic? I thought they had disbanded. Maybe they're some hardcore followers that gave up after what happened to their ringleader. He focused on Corey's face again. He really does look familiar.

He then turned his thoughts toward the situation. They don't seem to be the criminal. Though what they were doing here and with the actual thief still requires investigation. And he also doesn't seem to be backing down either...

Snacks raised his gun again, more steadily aiming towards Corey. He removed one of his hands from the gun and pressed the button on his walk-talky. "Snacks to Jenny. Requesting back up. At the alley by the pokemon center, need an officer to block it off so suspect does not escape."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 am 

"As far as it needs to be." Hundin simply replied as she kept digging her way forward. "Why?" she went on, chuckling a bit, "Are you getting tired? I can see you're working so hard."

---------------------

The Milotic simply sat, still looking to the sky, basking in its own glory, to the hope he brought to the masses. Truly, there was only one such as he: The Masked Beauty, savior of Pokemon abused by ignorant humans; in return, savior of those humans who lived in fear of the rabid bestial Pokemon, for they simply did not understand each other; in the end, he was savior of all. No living being would be terrorized as long as he had anything to say about it, no villain would reign unopposed, even the intangible sort, for indeed, the tangible ones typically needed saving themselves. Indeed, no one would be left behind, not as long as the Masked Beauty had anything to say--

"Oh, thanks for the help." Mrs. Urbaby cheerfully said as she tossed a Pokeball into the center of the coiled up Milotic, bonking the Girafarig on the head in another catch attempt. "I'll let that little outburst of water slide for that." she added with a small giggle, still very clearly soaking wet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 am 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you liked being crushed by rocks." said Roger, continuing to clear a path with his Pokemon. He decided to bring out Growlithe to assist himself, Hundin, Scizor and Gurdurr. In comparison to Roger's other Pokemon, Growlithe seemed to working extra hard at clearing a path.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 am 

Hundin let out another laugh. "Certainly a lot more exciting than anything else in this mockery of an adventure so far." she remarked. Not long after, though, the group would finally break out the other side. "See?" she said, "We were fine. Well, I was certainly never in any danger, at any rate." With that, she turned back to the path and began walking. "Well, let's get your meeting over with already. Also, that battle was a complete draw, so nothing's changing, I hope you realize." she went on, looking over at Roger from the corner of her eye with a smirk, "Be sure to remember that: you're on par with a one-winged Zubat."

---------------------

On the edge of Ordonne, a woman stood, watching. As everything was taken from her, as her home was overtaken by a hobo, as the home was then ripped apart and repurposed by a madman... as the region itself began to crumble, she stood there, watching.

But no more. As everything had been taken from her--even what was left of her family abandoning her as she idly stood--she had nothing to lose, so now it was time. Time to stop the ones who had taken everything from her, to stop this region from falling apart, and it was time to do it her way.

As she had observed for so long, she had noticed the ones the Rockets were taking orders from--the Nameless. She didn't know for certain that it was them, but she could only assume. Tired of waiting and watching, she made her way into the city and walked up to the nearest one, and asked in a stern voice, "Where's your leader?!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 am 

Eyem wandered the streets of Maripatchu. As he's been doing for the past couple of hours now. Going nowhere and looking for nothing. He stopped for a moment and looked skyward. There was nothing, like there always was. No, that was a lie; In the corner of his eyes he spotted a Swellow, with a Caterpie wiggling in it's talons. This sight causes his mind to turn towards he new 'friend.' In his mind's eye, the head of Swellow morphed into a that of woman's: Accel. As the bird perched, his image of the Caterpie began to change. It grew limbs. Skinny, lanky, blank limbs. It's skin turned almost a ghostly white, and it's head slowly became Human. The Caterpie had become a crude caricature of Elby.

Just in time for it to be ripped in two.

Eyem smiled. In fact, he slowly began to chuckle.

A Young boy on a bicycle whizzed past him, almost knocking him sideways. This sudden interruption brought him back to reality. As he turned to shout at the hooligan, he stopped in his tracks when he felt... Something. Something cold. The feeling spread all over his body, enveloping him almost entirely. Then just like that, it was gone. Well, not so much gone as replaced by a new sensation, as Eyem's eye's slowly began to itch. Oh how they itched. He rubbed arm over his eyes, but the itching just intensified. Then he used his palms. The Itch continued. He used his fingers. The Itch became almost maddening. He closed his eyes and began scratching his eyelids with his nails. Faster. Harder. Faster. Harder.

And then it was gone.

Eyem opened his now red eyes and just, stood there, panting. And his breath returned to him, he saw a flash of purple in the corner of his vision. Eyem did not move from that stop, even long after the colour dissipated from his sight.

----------------------------------------------------------

Accel stood in the doorway of her Hotel room. While he didn't pay for the flight, her employer was kind enough to provide room and board here in Sunset town. She locked the door behind her and sat at her room's table. A small file rested on the tabletop. The tab on the top simply read "Urbaby, Elby. She scanned over the document multiple times until suddenly, there was a knock on her door.

Finally. She thought. In her rush to travel to this backwater country, he had somehow forgotten her most vital tools. Her Pokemon. She cursed herself and this lack of professionalism. As she opened the door, she was greeted by a man holding two Pokeballs in front of him. The man was as Tall as he was thin. Adorned in a white wife beater and jacket that only went down to his pecs. A green streak ran down the middle of his short, spiky blonde hair. The man gave Accel a coy smile.

To which she responded by slamming the door in his face. A small cracking sound could be heard. Accel reopened the door. The man's smile had vanished quickly as two streams of blood ran from his nostrils. His mouth twitched as if to say something, but Accel didn't give a Patrat's ass. She snatched the pokeballs from his hand and slammed the door once more. This time however, the Man had wedged his foot in the door. Another cracking sound was heard, albeit slightly quieter.

"Tsk. You're so rude, yah know?" The man said clenching his teeth. "And I flew all the way out here just to give you ya cruddy balls..."

"Garn. Go home." Accel replied, not caring as blood from the man's fractured nose dripped onto her hand. She pushed harder onto the door, perhaps hoping if she did his foot would eventually fall off. It was not enough though, as soon he was able to force his arms, then his whole leg past the door. Accel simply sighed and moved away from the door, causing Garn to tumble inside. He jumped to his feet, shrugging it off as if he wasn't a complete clutz.

"Yah know, it wouldn't kill you to be a little nicer. Specially to your big bro, yah know." Accel ignored him and walked back over to the table. "So uh... what are yah reading over there sis?" Garn's question went unanswered. "Hey, Sissy. Heeeey, your bro's asking yah a question." No response. Garn paused for a bit. Then a smile crept onto his face. "Hey. Mugreta..."

Accel finally acknowledged her Brother's presence, by quickly leaping up from the table and lifting him up by his collar. Albeit difficultly, considering their height difference. Garn let out a panicky smile. "H-hey now, watch the threads, Mugy..." Accel tightened her grip. "Alright alright! S-sorry...Accel..." She let go. "Garn." She said. "Why are you here? I told you not to follow me this time." After rubbing his neck for a second, he responded. "Aw common, what sort of bro would I be if I let my Lil' sis go out hunting all alone?"

"You'd be the same as you always have been. Useless."

"Tsk you're so mean." Garn tried his best to smile despite his sister's negativity. "I mean, what about that time in Unova, Yah? I saved your skin there." "Oh. You mean when you got mummified by a pack of Yamasks, buried 10 feet in the sand, and lost the one relic I told you to hold onto?" "Hey now...You....still found that Darmatain. So it payed of. Clearly." He smiled the smile only a true doofus could pull off. Accel simply sighed as she turned back to Elby's folder. Garn slowly crept up behind her and glanced over her shoulder.

"Who's that Jerk?"

"Elby Urbaby. Faucon Elite Four and specializes in Electric types. One of the youngest Elite Four in the World League, and as my contractor as pointed out, he's a sad, miserable creature and the champion's lapdog." "I see I see...But, why do you have info on him? I thought you're suppose to be hunting Reshi...ramigan? Yeah that sounds right."

"Yes. However, Eyem wants Reshiram alive when this is over." Accel flashed a faint smile. "I'll receive a bonus if I eliminate him on top of it." "Really? Why this jerk? I mean, he looks completely punchable but why would he want him dead and !#%$?" Accel pulled a sheet of paper from the folder. "It's been rumoured Elby has established a Cult following. He and his band of fanatics are partaking in a pilgrimage to kill Reshiram. As you would imagine, that is counter productive to the primary mission." Garn paused for a moment before speaking. "Soooo....why don't yah just, ice him now? Unless he's like, wearing a suit made of Forrestresses...ses" "Oh no, it would be quite simply. Trivial almost. But." Accel clasped her hands together. "I told you he's seeking Reshiram correct? I believe, I can get the job done twice as fast if I let him search for it on his own accord. With the contractor, Elby's cult, and myself searching the region, Reshiram has no place to hide."

Accel's minuscule smiled faded. "But...I need a way to infiltrate his Cult, without giving up my own search." She leaned back in her seat. "And I'm afraid they might be too intelligent to not track my actions. As such, my plan won't get off the ground." Garn let out a chuckle. "Hah, yeah I suppose it would be hard for yah. I mean, from the sound of it they're all a bunch of crazy religious screwballs. I mean, If anything you're...Tsk, I lost my joke there, give me a second..." He trailed off to the corner of the room to ponder his own wit. To this Accel simply sighed, as she was accustomed to doing.

Then, a suddenly realization hit her. She let a wide, crooked smile. Garn couldn't help but notice this. "Sis..you're smiling again. Quit it. It's weird." Accel paid no heed as she approached her brother, her smile widening even more. "Garn." She put her arm over his shoulders "My dear sweet Garn. I think I might have a use for you after all." "What do yah mean? Do you, want me to drive you around?" "No, Garn. I need you, to be my little Diglett."

"...you want me to dig a tunnel?" She conked him on the back of his head. "Ow! Okay, jeez, learn to take a joke why don't yah?" He took a moment to rub the back of his skull. Between his nose, ankle, and head, he wasn't having the best day. "So, you want me to join their cult, Righ'? I mean... I guess I can do that, maybe." "No. You don't say maybe. That wasn't a question, that was a command. Unless you want me to send you back to Kanto in a suitcase." She's paused to let that sink into his mind. He probably got it right away but it's always best to give it time. "...Did you even bring your Pokemon with you? Because I won't lend you mine his time." "Oh yeah, 'course I did, they're riiiiiiiigh'........" He patted his entire body for a couple seconds. "Here!" He exclaimed pulling out a string of 5 pokeballs. "See, I'm always prepared." He smiled for a bit before addressing his little sister again.

"So....where even is he right now?"

"I've been informed he was seen not long ago here in Sunset Town. He is however, an Elite Four, so he would attract a fair bit of attention. Go to the Pokemon center. I'm sure someone has seen him there." "Yah Sis!" He saluted her before rushing out the door. Oh no I'm sorry, he first pulling the door into his own face, then rushed out into the streets. "I got thiiiiis!"

Accel sighed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:40 am 

"So, now that we're all back together," Raxy began, assuming that Misl and Abel were there and had simply been quiet. "I need to tell you what I found out."

And then Raxy repeated the story the old man feeding psyducks had told her when she was wandering around town.

Shades chimed in, "It seems like the answer were looking for might be hidden inside the story. What do you think of it Elby?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 am 

"A one-winged Zubat that was on the verge of beating you." Roger said, before continuing. "How about this. Since there's a Gym in this next town, I'll battle the Gym Leader, and then you grade me on my performance. That'll decide what our battle was intended for. If that's not enough, the person I'm meeting helps decide." A light could be seen nearby, signaling the exit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:02 am 

Vile kept her claw pointed at Gloria, while carefully walking over to Jenna and nudging her. When Jenna didn't respond, she snapped around to look at Gloria again, then down at the syringe. The pokemon sighed, and then picked up Jenna the best it could, dragging her a bit as it stood next to Gloria. It pointed down the hall where Kiyoshi was, then tapped its claw on the ground, scratching out a quick series of arrows.

Basically, it was asking what Gloria wanted to do about Kiyoshi's absence, and where they should go.

------

ALL OF THE JENNYS suddenly arrived, cramming into the tight alleyway. There were several flashes, and then all of the Growlithe's were suddenly crammed into the tiny space.

------

The nameless member turned to the woman, lowering his glasses. "Mh. We are Nameless, we have no leader, no organization. We follow nothing but our own desires." He looked her up and down, grinning. "However, if you want to join us, you can get lost grandma, because we aren't accepting recruits."

--------

Nancy crawled out of the collapsing tunnel, immediately running to cover behind a large rock and putting her coat back on.

'Wow, both of these people are crazy. I don't see what Giovanni likes about him.' She thought, carefully adjusting her hat so it was back in its proper place. She then stealthily continued to stalk her prey with...

She looked down, noticing the blood leaking out of her bag. She ripped open the bag, grabbing the smashed metal box out of it. She let the shards of glass fall to the ground, and then sighed, thanking Arceus that the box was at the bottom of the bag, and the bag easily cleaned up. She dropped the box on the ground, noting that Edwin would probably come through for her in the end, and continued on her mission.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:44 am 

With a yelp, the Girafarig was caught. Yayifications and pats on the back all around.

-------------------------

Corey stared at the officer and all of the Jennys. "You've got to be !#%$ me." The young man was a lot of things, but stupid enough to try to take on what was apparently the entire police force of the region plus one mouth-breathing imbecile was not one of them. He took a deep breath. "This is stupid."

Gloria stared at the Weavile. "I dunno what you're pointing at, but I was, like, sort of just kind of hoping to bind up her arm before it bleeds too much more. I mean, I dunno how much blood she can bleed before it gets bad, but I've watched enough hospital soaps to know that we probably don't want to let that happen." She waved the string around as if that would somehow illustrate her point. "Although since you happen to be out, if you could hold her still while I bind the wound up, that'd be great." While the painkiller she'd injected Jenna with probably had her out cold, she really didn't want to risk getting punched in the face.

After what felt like a great length of more flying as he reached the edge of a watering hole/minor-scale lake that animals in this particular area of the woods used, Redwing finally heard noise besides the beating of his own wings.

Quite a bit of noise, in fact. Where the forest had been dead for the better part of his excursion, now he could hear what appeared to be a fair number of creatures, although from this distance, he wasn't certain what the noise was specifically. Although where the woods had come alive in some places, it had become dead in different ones. Several trees were stripped of leaves and berries. There were some clawing marks and footprints that had trampled shrubbery and ripped up tree trunks. Most disturbingly to Redwing's peace of mind, not to mention a slight dig at his search to find prey, were a number corpses left at varying points around the outer edges of the trail. There weren't very many, and they were all of smaller animals - Zigzagoons, Sentret, some Caterpies, Kakuna, things of that nature - and they were all quite old and well on the way to decaying to the point of uselessness. It wasn't clear what had killed them, so that left no warning as to what predator had managed it, if indeed it was a single creature. And since they had mostly rotted away, Redwing also couldn't make use of any of it and return home.

His only real choice was to keep moving towards the noise in spite of his misgivings, so that was precisely what he did. It seemed to be coming from around the watering hole - he had been around the area at some points in some seasons enough to know where it was and it seemed natural to him that they would be there. Perhaps there was something interesting at the watering hole. In fact, Redwing couldn't help but think as his mind wandered to it that he actually quite wanted some water at this point. The headache he felt wasn't going away, rather, it was starting to pulse and throb, and perhaps water or the berries that would certainly be growing there would make him feel better.

There was also the matter of his mate and children who needed him to return soon with food and security, but -- the watering hole was quite obviously the answer to all of that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:12 pm 

Snacks approached the young double champion and began handcuffing him. He then read whatever crazy rights cops in this monster filled world have to read when they arrest someone.

---

Edwin tried calling Nancy on his pokegear to tell her he had the blood.

Yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next