Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 am 

And in a instant the spinarak was banished to the nether reaches of the road, where it will forever wallow in it's untold sins. Or run back into the underbrush. Garn meanwhile, was full of excitement as he felt the air rush over his head. He's christening me! He sheathed his knife and bowed before The Flame Snufferouter.

"You honor me, Great and Powerful..." He pulled a piece of paper from his sleave. He had this great name he'd heard the other day to call this shmuck.

"Thunder Prophet!" brilliant.

Last edited by Chuckdorel on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 am 

Abel shook his head. "I know not why you would call such a creature as this a prophet, but if you must know," He pointed at the strange middle of the road acolyte man. "his name is Emcee!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 am 

Hundin frowned, seeming somehow unhappy with Nancy's response as she reached into her jacket once more. "Tell you what, take a little present from me then--and take it well, as you'll want to learn to be just like it, to be quick." she simply said, yanking her hand out of her jacket to throw a Quick Ball directly at Nancy's face.

---------------------

Elby looked down to Garn, blinking idly in a confused state, being pretty unsure on what all just happened as his senses slowly came back. "Thunder Prophet...?" he mumbled to himself. "He couldn't know, could he...? Nah, that's ridiculous, must just be a fancy Elite Four thing he came up with." Elby mentally decided, instead choosing to stand proudly and accept the title. "Yeah, Thunder Prophet Emc-- Elby! I like it." he said confidently, although quickly shrunk back down, "But, um, yeah, did you want an autograph or something? We're kind of on our way to Foretag for some important nonsense."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 pm 

MEANWHILE as Hundin approached Nancy and had a riveting conversation with her...

Roger recalled his Pokemon, and was approached by a slightly older man, who he raised an eyebrow to before recongizing him. "David? What are you doing here?" Roger asked.

"Your Dad told me you'd be here, since you needed these." David said, giving Roger a PDA and an HM. Roger looked at the items briefly before putting them in his bag. "The PDA's a move tutor so you can teach your Pokemon some non-TM moves. The HM is Fly, which is given to people who beat the Maripatchu Gym. Don't know why, but you didn't have it." He continued, before patting a confused Roger's shoulder. "You've grown since I last saw you! How long, six, seven ye-"

"...I didn't beat the leader there." Roger flatly said, looking toward the ground. "I got beaten. Pretty badly."

"What? You...lost?" Roger nodded before looking up. "Huh, Richie told me you beat the guy there. No idea how he misheard you. But, don't be so down. You can't win everything, and you can probably still beat the leader there." David said, in a more upbeat tone. "Also, don't think about giving the stuff back. You still have three badges so technically, you do deserve it."

"Wow you are a mind reader." Roger said, chuckling at this as David joined in. "It's nice to see you as well. Do you..." Roger briefly stopped, twiddling his fingers as he continued. "know anything about what's going on with Dad?" David shrugged, which surprised Roger.

"I have no idea honestly. He keeps us in the dark about this. I thought that ordeal before he left was why, but I've got nothing. I think he is almost done with...whatever is still going on with him." David said, calling out a Spearow. "I need to go, so I'll see you some other time." He got on the Spearow, crossing his arms as the tiny bird somehow flew in place with the full grown man standing on it. Also said tiny bird seemed to have no problem with carrying David in the slightest.

Roger just stared as this happened, before hastily speaking. "Wait, if you had to guess why Dad hasn't come back home yet, what would it be?"

"I really can't begin to guess. Probably something to do with Sarah, but that's because I know they haven't really spoken. I can safely say you're not the reason, so don't blame yourself." And with that, David flew off on his tiny Spearow that somehow showed no problem lifting him.

"Maybe I really should call Mom sometime. I need something to work with" Roger said, before looking again at David. "I still don't get how that works, but I guess I should check on Hundin." He made his way toward Hundin and Nancy.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 pm 

Nancy's hand instinctively went for the ball, and she caught it easily. Then she realized that was not the right thing to do. But it was too late. Then she heard Roger's footsteps, and knew she had to come up with something, fast.

That's when she had her most cunning plan yet. She put her head in her hands and faked crying. "Boo hoo. Booo hoo. You figured me out miss." She reached into her bag and grabbed a white wig, calmly putting it on before Roger saw her. She then put glasses on. "Recognize me now? I'm Yoikui Desu, famous pokemon Cosplayer!" She stood up, adjusting her wig and wiping her face. "I just got over a bout of illness, and I had to shave my hair. Don't tell anyone, but I have to wear this stupid wig until my hair grows back. I'm just getting back into contests, but I need new ideas for outfits. I thought of doing a series of common pokemon, but I can't seem to get a pidgey to hold still long enough to capture it." She sighed looking depressed. "I used to be a 5 star trainer, one of the best. But, after getting sick, my skills have dulled. I don't even have my pokemon with me anymore, I have to travel to Locanov to contact my personal trainer."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:56 pm 

"So you're basically a famous Pokemaniac then? Who is your personal trainer though?" said Roger. He scratched his chin as he looked at Nancy Yoikui; something about her intrigued Roger. (Maybe she is actually famous. I think I've seen her somewhere, maybe.) Then he pointed his thumb to Hundin before speaking again to. "Has Hundin been harassing you?"

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:03 pm 

Yoikui made a face at Roger's use of the word Pokemaniac. "I am a pokemon connoisseur! I have reinvented the contest many times over! As for my trainer, that is none of your concern. He prefers to stay behind the spotlight." She looked at Hundin, and then back at Roger.

"Why are you two so interested in a trainer watching some birds, hm? Are you trying to steal my patented training methods? Or my costume ideas?" She crossed her arms, looking hurt suddenly. "I don't know what to think about this, other than being quite upset by it!"

Last edited by Mecha on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:34 pm 

Roger slightly grinned and chuckled at Yoikui. "Whoa calm down. I didn't know what you were doing, I just saw Hundin heading here and followed her."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 am 

As Hundin glared at Yoikui, she squinted one eye, and raised the eyebrow of the other, being unable to decide on one expression. "Those who aren't hostile on the battlefield are the most frightening." Hundin simply answered. Finally deciding to relent, though, she shrugged, letting out a small sigh as she turned away, albeit keeping Yoikui in her peripheral vision. "Well, whatever, this little tike has way too many distractions on this field trip as it is. You have fun... chasing birds." she calmly said, slowly beginning to walk away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:01 am 

Yoikui waved at Hundin as she walked away, then watched the sky as another bird pokemon flew away from the crumbling mountain. "I suppose I should move to get away from the noise. Hm." She scanned the area, and then walked off the path into a deep brush, away from the two.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:04 am 

Garn turned away from the group and made a mental note to, I'd say himself but he'd probably forget it. Travelling to Fort Tag. Cult is on the move He turned back towards the groups.

"All I ask great Prophet, is that you let me bask in the shadow of your thunder clouds, so that I may grow! Grow physically, spiritually, and emotionally! I will complete any trial you present me, trial of blood, sacrifice, or battle!" He clasped his hands together and begged towards his (fake) messiah. A sound like that of a puppy whimpering could be heard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 am 

Elby took a step back, still a bit unsure about how to handle this man. In a sentence he would no doubt regret for a slew of reasons, he responded, "Uh... sure, you can join us. Just keep that knife away, please."

Truly, he is the greatest of leaders, who would no doubt bring this group through unending victory.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:59 pm 

"That is one weird cosplayer. And that is saying a lot. What exactly did you talk about with Yoikui?" said Roger as he followed after Hundin. While walking with her, he had something else on his mind. (Where is Giovanni? He didn't tell me where he wanted to meet...and how do I get rid of Hundin?)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 pm 

To help keep Elby's mind at ease, he took out his skinning knife once more, this time hurling it at a distant tree. The knife implanted itself in the bark with enough force that it even split the bark partway down the tree.

"See TP? No more knife." He made a mental note to grab the knife as soon as he continued onward. "Call me, Acolyte. Or Just Garn, I'm cool with that." He walked to the side of the road and gestured towards his new company to continue forward.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 pm 

The Raxys cautiously proceeded forward.

Mysterious muddy stranger.

Knives.

Spiders.

Clearly this guy will be a brave compatriot.

---

Edwin continued walking, waiting for that call from Nancy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next