Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 pm 

Vile complied, holding out Jenna's arm for Gloria, while restraining her other one. The Weavile kept looking over at Kiyoshi's room, then at the damage in the Center, not really knowing what happened.

-------

The Jenny's continued to be useless and block the way.

------

Nancy was doing a great job, keeping low and not making any sound at all. She was a ghost, completely invisible to the two people she was stalking. This was incredibly important, because that girl looked like a mean !#%$, and Nancy wanted nothing to do with that. She considered doubling back and using one of her pokemon to trail the two because she thought Roger might have seen her, and Roger already knows who she is, but he seemed like a sucker, so he probably didn't see anyth-

And then her phone rang. The lyrics to Dancing Queen, Edwin's ringtone echoed over the mountain that was crumbling behind them, and Nancy froze in place, watching both people in front of her pause.

She slowly grabbed her phone, staring at the two. Through clenched teeth, she hissed, "I will call you right back," and then snapped her phone closed.

'!#%$.'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:18 pm 

Elby seemed slightly confused by the story. "Weird, I've never heard of the Kyurem before..." he mused aloud, "And Unova..."

Snapping himself out of it, Elby brought his attention back to the purple-haired duo. "Well, our best be would maybe be finding this Faucon guy, but I imagine even if he is still alive, he's probably not exactly out in the open, or else we'd hear more about him. Maybe we can find someone who does know about him, though?" he went on, offering up ideas.

---------------------

As Hundin heard the excellent musical choice of a ringtone, she looked over her shoulder, reached a hand into her jacket, and starting back up ever-so-slowly, getting nearer and nearer to the general vicinity she heard the song coming from, not spouting a single word.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm 

Kiyoshi awoke after a long rest. He was unaware of what happened to the center, since he stayed in the safety of his own room. He yawned and stretched his arms out. "Ah, I'm feeling better now. Let's hope today will be better than yesterday."

After brushing his teeth, he put his hoodie, shoes, and backpack back on and went outside to the main lobby.....

"...Yeah, this is gonna be a good day." Kiyoshi said sarcastically.

Last edited by Shredderman8160 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 pm 

Roger too heard the interesting ringtone, and though questioning it, he was more confused by the way Hundin acted. Not really questioning her at this point, he followed, his Gurdurr, Scizor and Growlithe in tow.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:56 pm 

"I heard... Whispers of Kyurem on my journey back in the time I'm from. I doubt he's a threat, I've never heard of him doing anything." Shades told Elby. "Though, I haven't heard this story either. I never had the time to go about asking these sort of things. As for Faucon, I guess you're right. Must be in hinding."

"Or he may not be alive. The old man who told me the story said it was a really long time ago." Raxy chimed in. "Anyway, how exactly do you propose we find out about him?"

---

The call went by faster than Edwin could realize it had ended. He spent approximately five minutes just talking to nobody before he stopped and said, "Oh." The two dark horses then continued to walk out of town while Edwin waited for the call. Maybe they talked about things or something.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 pm 

Hundin tried her best to motion for Roger to stay silent and still, but otherwise just kept slowly backing up as she began to draw out whatever it was in her jacket with her other hand.

As she neared where she heard the ringtone, Hundin quickly pulled the item in question out--a military-looking knife--and readied it as she turned towards Nancy's general location, ready to grab on to whoever she found if need be.

---------------------

"Hm... nothing comes to mind, and I don't recall ever seeing anything about it in Ruki's library. Maybe we could try Foretag. It's the capital, so I'd hope it's useful for something." Elby replied after a moment of thought.

---------------------

Yep, Father Jazz talked about many things with Edwin, clearly! It sure was great and interesting, let me tell you. Well, actually, don't, because I'm not going to. Deal with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 pm 

"Let's go~" Raxy cheered. And thus they went.

Left that damn town behind.

Never looking back.

No more libraries, months of training, crazy !#%$, or elderly story tellers for them.

They pass the border of the town. They're long gone. There is no turning back now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:17 am 

Not far down the road leading out Sunset off in a prickly bush away from sight, there sat Garn. He starred down the road leading into city, waiting, waiting, yawning, and then waiting some more. After almost nodding off, he was awoken by a shrill "CraAaw" as a small Murkrow perched on top of his head.

"So they're coming then, yah?" He asked the black bird. It let out a gesture that some people could interpret as nodding. "Excellentay." He recalled his Murkrow and crouched deeper into the bush, ignoring the feeling that something just crawled up his arm oh god. After trying his best to keep his mind off the small legs that have now moved onto his back, he finally caught sight of Elby and Pals. Aright, now is the time, the moment! I'll show the world how you join a Death Cult.

Garn leaped from his bush, covered in gnats and twigs and kneeled in the middle of road. He then pulled out a knife, a skinning knife to be exact, and held it to his wrist. He lowered his head, and waited.

The Spinarak that had been crawling around on his back moved to the top of his head and made itself comfortable.

Last edited by Chuckdorel on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm 

The group continued walking down the path only to see the strange man kneeling in the road. Shades whispered to everyone else, "Maybe if we ignore it and keep walking it won't bother us."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 am 

Elby wanted to take Shades' advice, he did. On the other hand, though, he had a bad feeling about turning his back on a dude holding a knife. Far more pressing than that, though, was the Spinarak that rested atop the man's head. As Elby's eyes met the bug's, he couldn't look away; he could not even summon up the will to so much as move. He just felt so... unnerved.

And thus, Elby had a fierce staring contest with the Spinarak.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm 

Nancy just sat there, looking up at Hundin. She brushed her hand away, frowning at her, while holding the phone up against her head.

"No mom, you scared the pidgey away. Yes, mom, of course I will," she said, completely ignoring Hundin while looking at a spot where a pretend pidgey could have been. "Yes mom, I promise. Look, I have to go, there happens to be a VERY angry trainer here looking at me. Yes, I will. Bye mom." With that, she hung up and looked up at Hundin.

"Can I help you? I'm trying to track Pidgeys over here!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 am 

Hundin raised an eyebrow, slowly putting the knife away as she stared at Nancy. "There was a rather violent cave-in nearby." she finally said, squinting her eyes a bit, "I imagine that will have scared off any birdies in the area."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:46 am 

Garn, sensing the presence of the group, raised his head to look at Elby. He was met with the Man's cold yet fiery stare. Garn's heart sank. The stare of death, he thought. I must act, before he steals my soul through my eyes!

"Oh Mighty Slender One!" Garn praised as he rose to he feet, knife still held against his wrist. "Devourer of the White Flame! I, lowly peasant, have travelled from across the seas to meet you!" The hand holding the knife began quivering a bit. "I wish to draw blood, my blood, your blood, your enemy's blood, in you name! Glorious...." Garn suddenly lost all sense of focus. His body loosened up as he scratched his chin with the hilt of the skinning knife.

"...What's yah name again?" he asked Elby. The Spinarak continued to sit there, twiddling it's mandibles together.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:09 am 

Elby's eyes looked to the knife. Then the man. Then the Spinarak. Then the knife again. Spinarak. Knife. Man. Knife. Spinarak. The darting of his eyes might of been something to behold, if not for the fact that his eyes were black, pupilless voids, so it probably mostly just looked like he was blankly staring forward.

Wait. Did that guy mention drawing blood?

In an instant, a thousand thoughts raced through Elby's head, "Oh god, not the blood, and the knife, with the fangs, in the face..." being among them. After a few moments, his brain had apparently finally decided on an action, as his arm was suddenly slung over his head, as if to call down some sort of divine wrath, and then quickly and forcefully came down, directly on to Garn's head--or, more specifically, swatting the poor Spinarak.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:16 am 

Nancy shrugged, turning back to the spot. "Probably, but there was just one sitting here. Did you happen to see which way it went off?" She finished that sentence, putting as much hope as she could into that last line.

"I mean...look. I'm not that great of a trainer. I just want to catch a !#%$ pidgey. But every time, its always something. This time, it was my phone. I can't ever catch a break..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next