Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 pm 

[OOC Thread]

This is a continuation of the Pokemon RP that took place on the original forum. Those who wish to read it can view it here. This first post is a general summary, with some minor details omitted.

This summary will be updated continually. Mostly because I couldn't find time to do it as easily as I could.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three young trainers start their journey through the land of Pokemon in the lab of Professor McKnackus. A young boy with black hair and an orange jacket, Roger. Another young boy with hair that resembles a Zoroark, Kiyoshi. And a girl with short purple hair, Raxy. The professor gives them each their own Pokemon: Roger got a Growlithe, Kiyoshi got a Magikarp, and Raxy an Oddish. While Roger and Raxy were pretty happy with their starters, Kiyoshi was disappointed, which Roger actually taunted him about. Not too long after the three got to know their Pokemon, Professor Oak arrives and gives the three their own Pokedexes, asking them to do the age old task of obtaining information on all Pokemon. As the three leave, Roger encountered his second Pokemon, a Scyther, while Kiyoshi met with the champion of the region, Ruki. Ruki challenges Kiyoshi to his first Pokemon battle, his Magikarp vs. her Pansear. Though he lost, the champion commends Kiyoshi on doing well for his first battle, and gives the three trainers TM #10, Hidden Power. Raxy decides to try and catch her second Pokemon, and Kiyoshi decides to follow her to help her learn the basics, as well as get another Pokemon of his own. Meanwhile, having caught Scyther on his own, Roger decides to begin training his two Pokemon.

Kiyoshi demonstrates catching a Pokemon with a Starly, facing no problems with this. Raxy gets the idea, and soon catches her own first Pokemon, a Sentret. The two proceed to the next town, Swine City, a fairly small town filled with pig Pokemon. Roger arrived a bit later than them, finishing his training, challenging Kiyoshi to his first battle. Thanks to his training, Roger won his first battle, solidifying the two as rivals. After healing their Pokemon, a nurse Joy offered them the chance to sign up for the Pokemon League, which they accept. Raxy has her first Pokemon battle with a stranger, and wins it, soon joining for the Pokemon League as well and meeting with Kiyoshi and Roger at the first Gym. The two rivals also exchange the first of many verbal fights. Another pair of trainers came by as well, a guy named DoM and a girl named DoN; the two are actually Gym Leaders from another city, Santa Unsavory, and had problems with money apparently. They soon left, realizing they couldn’t find anything of use at the moment.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:23 pm 

((OOC: warning the following post is long and crappy. if you're the tl;dr sort, roger won because he's a boss and Mamma Peach gave me full permission to write this out.))
Before Roger went to sleep, he called up his father. There was no response, but the option to leave a message was there. "Hey Dad, I won against the Peaches so tomorrow I'm facing Mrs. Peach. If you can, could you come and watch? I know you're busy but....as long you come, that'd be great." he said, hoping this would happen before sleeping. He didn't know it, but Richard got the message and planned to come by.

The next day came, and the Peaches went to Mrs. Peach's main gym. Roger took one last one look at his Pokemon before heading out, leaving his orange jacket behind. Roger had never seen the regular Gym that Mrs. Peach used for her battles, and it was the last thing that crossed his mind in the past few days. He was taken back by its design; the multiple terrains would give just about any Pokemon, except maybe a Normal type, an advantage. He figured Mrs. Peach designed it with her Pokemon in mind, and that it was a significant part in her strategies. He figured he could likely use it himself, maybe to foil Mrs. Peach’s plans.

As Roger climbed to his side of the field, he thought about his plan for the battle. (If she has a Flareon, I need it out of the way as soon as possible. I could lure it out, by sending out Scizor, and then quickly swapping to something else. If all else fails, and she lacks her Espeon, I've got Gurdurr to clean up. I know I'm set for pretty much anything....I hope) Despite thinking about this battle since he arrived at the Gym, and knowing what possible Pokémon she could use, he was still troubled. His past battles hadn't gone the way he wanted; he was nearly swept by one of his own Pokémon, had to deal with Wow Guy's tricks, had a horrible match up in his very first match, and more. Even conquering all of this and being assured that he'll have a great chance of winning, it still worried him that something may go wrong. Under this, he still retained his usual confidence, and he had faith in his team. He also remembered he had nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Mrs. Peach took her spot on the opposite end of the Gym, and Mr. Peach was near the middle of the sidelines as the referee. Their children were sitting down on the bleachers, waiting for the battle to start.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside was a man in green slacks and a white shirt, accompanied by an Infernape and looking through a window to watch the battle; it was Roger's father, Richard. He stood on a small green transparent screen that was held up by a Dragonite. He believed his presence may distract his son, but he made a promise to come watch no matter what. "You can do this Roger. I taught you all I know, and you haven’t lost a battle yet.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The battle is 5 on 5, singles. The trainer who has at least one Pokémon remaining is the winner. It's been decided Rachel will go first, right?" said Mr. Peach.
"Yeah, that's what we said." nodded Roger.

Mrs. Peach smiled as she sent out a Jolteon to start off, while Roger sent out his Scizor. “Bliksem, Volt Switch!” said Mrs. Peach, as Jolteon ran toward Scizor covered in electricity. “Scizor, set up a Light Screen.” Scizor brought up a wall of light just before Jolteon hit it. After the attack, Jolteon returned to Mrs. Peach, and she proceeded to take out another Pokeball. “Go, Kapunawai!” Mrs. Peach then sent out a Vaporeon. “Scizor, U-Turn!” said Roger, as Scizor dove toward Vaporeon, and slashed it with its pincers. It quickly returned to Roger after the attack, as he took out a Luxury Ball and called out Grovyle, who sparkled as it came out. "Kapunawai, Ice Beam!"said Mrs. Peach

Vaporeon shot out a thin light beam toward Grovyle, who jumped over it and dove toward Vaporeon. By this point, it had gotten used to U-Turn’s effect. "Leaf Blade." said Roger, as Grovyle went in to slash Vaporeon with the leaves on its forearms. Vaporeon quickly moved to the side, and Grovyle wasn't able to change its direction. "Again, Ice Beam!" said Mrs. Peach. While Grovyle missed, it made a smooth landing by landing on its feet. "Grovyle, Magical Leaf!" Grovyle jumped out of the way once again to avoid Ice Beam, and shot out sharp leaves toward Vaporeon, who jumped out of the way as well. Mrs. Peach saw that this wasn't a favorable match up, especially since Grovyle had it easier dodging. "Vaporeon, return!" She called Vaporeon back to her Pokeball, and took out another one.

"Hold up, PURSUIT!" yelled Roger as Grovyle darted toward Vaporeon, and slashed at it before it could switch out. The attack doubled in power, and did some good damage. Mrs. Peach was surprised by this, while Roger had a grin on his face. Still, the battle only just begun and it would take more than that to win. Mrs. Peach then sent out a Leafeon as she originally intended, and while Roger could leave Grovyle to fight against it, he had different plans for Leafeon so he recalled it, and took out a different Pokeball. “Scizor, standby for battle.” Scizor came out, and hovered above the ground. Once again, Mrs. Peach thought this was a bad match-up, but she had a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. “Scizor, U-Turn.” Said Roger, who didn’t notice the twinkle in Mrs. Peach’s eyes. “Gwarllywn, return!” Scizor went in to slash at Leafeon with its pincers, but it returned to Mrs. Peach. She then sent out a Flareon in its stead, which peaked Roger’s attention. Scizor still went through with its attack, and hit it with its pincers, and as Flareon resisted the attack, the damage was minimal. As Scizor went back to Roger, he knew what to send out next.

“Gurdurr, standby for battle.” Said Roger, sending out Gurdurr. Light Screen was also gone at this point. Mrs. Peach decided to switch again, this time into a Glaceon. (So I’ve seen her whole team, and got some damage on two of her Pokemon while mine are in perfect standings. And I know she has a Flareon now, which I need to get rid of. But why Glaceon against Gurdurr? She’s got something planned I figure, and it looks like Leafeon cannot touch Scizor. I might as well get rid of Glaceon if I can, maybe see what else I can do.) "Mach Punch." said Roger, as Gurdurr wound up and darted toward Glaceon at amazing speed. "Isstrid, Ice Beam!" said Mrs. Peach. Before Glaceon could fire off its attack, it was hit fairly hard by Gurdurr's attack which disorientated it. It quickly re-cuperated, and fired off a thin cold beam at Gurdurr. Gurdurr was pushed back by the attack quite a bit, and looked like the hit really hurt.

"Blizzard!" Glaceon inhaled, and then unleashed a strong icey wind around the area. "Quick, use Dig!" said Roger, who felt a bit cold due to the Ice attacks and his lack of a jacket. Gurdurr nodded and quickly burrowed underground. This allowed it to avoid the attack; however, the room was now fairly cold after it. No one really noticed, but after Glaceon came in, the temperature began to drop, at a fairly fast rate and at this point, everyone could see their breath. Gurdurr, who was underneath and thinking of what to do next, was surprised when it saw its breath. "Isstrid, look out for Gurdur." said Mrs. Peach, who felt the temperature but was not that bothered. (I just had to not wear my jacket today...)

"Whoa, dude I can see my breath! Look!" said Wow Guy, who breathed a few times on Obliterate. "Yeah I know, you don't have to shower me with your garlic breath." said Obliterate, fanning away his brother's breath with his hands. Rena and Hikaru giggled at the two, while 43110 was curious. "Odd, the room was fine before. It was only after Glaceon came in that it got this cold..."

(Yeah, he's right. And Mrs. Peach doesn't look bothered, as if she knew it would happen. Not sure what the point is...I don't think this will boost its attacks, or weaken Fire moves.) thought Roger, who then yelled out "Gurdurr, now! Drain Punch!" Gurdurr burst out of the ground to punch Glaceon. However, Glaceon was prepared and jumped away just in time. Gurdurr ran again toward Glaceon to attack, and was prepared to carry out another of Roger's orders. "Ice Beam once again." Glaceon shot another thin beam at the incoming Gurdurr, who spun its girder to deflect the beam, and while it still took damage, it managed to break through no problem. "Like we planned, excellent! Drain Punch!" said Roger, as Gurdurr went in to punch Glaceon, absorbing its energy which healed off the damage it took in the process of running. It then followed up with an uppercut to knock Glaceon up in the air, who was thrown into the air and rendered helpless. "Mach Punch now!" Gurdurr wound up, and then launched itself in the air to punch Glaceon at a fast rate. "Isstrid, Ice Beam!" Though Glaceon wasn't able to move, it could still aim and attack, and it did so by firing a point blank beam toward Gurdurr; there was a trail of flurries around the attack, which were not present with its other ice moves. Gurdurr was knocked smack down to the ground, adding to the damage. Glaceon, meanwhile, landed fairly safely on its feet. Gurdurr still had energy, but the attacks did a number and it had problems getting on its feet. "Wish!" said Mrs. Peach, as Glaceon's body glowed and it looked up at the ceiling. Sparkles were around it as it did so.

Gurdurr finally got back up, and panted heavily. It wasn't ready to go down yet, and it certainly wasn't willing to. "Ice Fang!" Glaceon ran to Gurdurr, and bit it with ice hard fangs. Gurdurr, who was still dazed, could not get away. It griped in pain, but knew what to do in response. "Counter." said Roger, as Gurdurr grabbed Glaceon and lifted it up. It punched the Fresh Snow Pokemon a few times, and then threw it across the room. Both Pokemon were fairly worn out at this point; however, Glaceon's Wish restored half of its health, leaving it in a better standing, while Gurdurr had no other way to heal itself besides Drain Punch. The room was very cold now, and everyone in it felt it. (!#%$...this...goddamn...cold...if I don't go with that Eevee from yesterday, I'm not picking a different one who wants to evolve into a Glaceon. Still, the little guy liked me, and he wasn't half bad. Maybe I'll go with him, since the others may not adapt to a different environment as well as him since I didn't really play with the others) thought Roger, who was shivering quite a bit. The thought of the Eevee from yesterday somewhat warmed him up though, as he really did enjoy being around it. He hadn't seen a Pokemon warm up to him that fast since Growlithe. No, that pun was not intended. There were more important matters at hand, so he brushed this off for later.

"Isstrid, finish the fight with a Blizzard!" said Mrs. Peach, as Glaceon inhaled a bit, and unleashed a powerful ice storm around the area. Unlike the previous Blizzard, this one was significantly larger and much harder to even see through. “Gurdurr, hold it together, and Focus!” yelled Roger, holding his arm to his face to block the storm. Gurdurr spun its girder in an attempt to see better, but it was no use. It was slowly being whittle down. “Isstrid, head in there and Ice Beam Gurdurr if it’s still there.” Glaceon nodded, and went in. The Blizzard was amplified by the temperature reduction, and it was now a ¬storm. Gurdurr was slowly being whittled, while Glaceon was actually able to use the storm as a make-shift Hail, its ability taking effect. It kept firing Ice Beams at Gurdurr, who couldn't retaliate due to Glaceon blending in with the storm. Gurdurr was able to avoid most of them. "Gurdurr, if you can hear me, you have to focus, and attack when you see the opportunity!" said Roger, who couldn't see either. He was able to make out a short humanoid shape, and knew that was his Pokemon but like his Pokemon, he couldn't see Glaceon.

Gurdurr saw nothing it could really do, and had to rely on his trainer at this point. He closed his eyes, and set his girder down as he closed off the rest of the world. He heard some pattering in the storm, which got louder as it ran to him. It was Glaceon, attempting to sneak attack him. As Glaceon prepared another Ice Beam, Gurdurr opened its eyes and then unleashed a powerful punch at Glaceon, knocking it clean out of the storm and back to its trainer. The storm then began to subside, and the Gym was starting to warm up again. Glaceon had fainted, and in the process, Gurdurr did as well.

“Both Gurdurr and Glaceon are unable to battle, this round is a draw. Both Roger and Mrs. Peach will pick out their next Pokemon and send them out at the same time.” Said Mr. Peach. Both trainers recalled their respective Pokemon, and briefly thought about what Pokemon to send out next. (I didn’t think Glaceon would be good for Scizor to set up on, but the loss of Gurdurr might hurt later…that was creative, what she did, however, so I need to be careful around her Eeveelutions then. I have no idea what her last is though) Roger threw out a regular Pokeball, and at the same time so did Mrs. Peach. Out came Roger’s Scizor again, and Mrs. Peach sent out her Jolteon like before. “Bliksem, Thunderbolt!” Jolteon ran toward Scizor at high speed, and shot lightning toward it from its body. “Scizor, dodge and set up Light Screen.” Said Roger, as Scizor flew over Jolteon and avoided the attack, while setting up another barrier of light. “Bliksem, use Dig and wait until I tell you to attack.” Said Mrs. Peach, as Jolteon began to quickly dig a hole in the rocky terrain with its paws and burrowed into it. Scizor set itself down near the grass terrain, and awaited Roger’s next command. (Jolteon’s speed is a hassle, Scizor can’t keep up…I think we can fix that.) “Use Agility to keep up with Jolteon!” Scizor flew up a few feet, and began to flutter its wings fairly quickly; the speed increased rapidly and Scizor was now more agile. “Now!” yelled Mrs. Peach, as lightning came out from underneath Scizor. It blew Scizor off course a bit, but Light Screen reduced the damage. Jolteon also got out of its hole during this. “With your new speed, use X-Scissor!” Scizor flew toward Jolteon at quick speed, as it barely avoided the attack. The field looked even as Scizor was just as quick as Jolteon now, but since the former also Light Screen, it was clear who had the advantage.

Mrs. Peach realized yet again this was bad for her, so she had her next move planned. “Bliksem, Volt Switch.” Jolteon was charged with electricity, and it ran toward Scizor. Unlike last time, Scizor wasn’t bogged down by its speed or with another move so it had an easy time avoiding this. “Retaliate with X-Scissor.” Scizor quickly struck Jolteon with its pincers, and dealt fair damage to it as it flew back to the grass. Mrs. Peach sighed, and decided to recall Jolteon manually instead of trying to deal damage on the way out, and risk her Pokemon’s health. “Go, Anshu!” In Jolteon’s place was Flareon once again. Roger saw what happened as Mrs. Peach attempted to use Volt Switch, and knew Scizor was still key to his strategy. “Scizor, Baton Pass!” said Roger, as Scizor nodded and return to its Pokeball. “Growlithe, you’re up.” Growlithe was now on the grass terrain like Scizor was, and Intimidated Flareon. “Growlithe, start off with Crunch.” Growlithe darted toward Flareon at a speed that surpassed Scizor’s, having gained the Speed boost Scizor used. “Anshu, quickly Dig!” said Mrs. Peach, as Flareon burrowed underground under the sand. Growlithe unfortunately missed at the last second, and Flareon came out of the ground and jumped out quickly toward it for decent damage. Growlithe quickly struck back as it bit Flareon hard with its fangs, lowering its Defense in the process. “Anshu, use your Strength!” Said Mrs. Peach. Flareon proceeded to ram into Growlithe, who dodged it fairly easily with its boosted speed. “Crunch Flareon again.”Growlithe attempted to bite Flareon with its fangs again, and barely missed. Both Pokemon were fighting in a closed space on the sandy terrain, near a small lake.
“Anshu, use Smog to give yourself some space.” Said Mrs. Peach. Flareon inhaled, and released purple poisonous gas toward Growlithe, who began to back away. “Growlithe, use Roar to stop Flareon!” Growlithe inhaled as well, and let out a huge Roar in Flareon’s direction. This stopped the attack from reaching Growlithe, and sent Flareon running back to Mrs. Peach, who toppled her as it returned to its Pokeball. Out in Flareon’s stead was Vaporeon, and though Mrs. Peach didn’t choose to send it out, it was still great for her, but bad for Roger. He chuckled a bit when he saw Flareon topple its trainer, but that stopped as soon as he saw what was in its place.

“I hate that move. It really annoyed me when he used it in our battle…” grumbled Wow Guy. “And we hate when you insist on annoying us in battle instead of actually fighting.” Said Obliterate to his brother. “Do you think he’ll leave Growlithe in on Kapunwai?” asked Wow Guy, ignoring his brother’s last statement. (Eh, maybe I’ll keep him in. As long as she doesn’t have Whirlpool or something, and if I can find the right time to use Morning Sun. I still need Growlithe for Flareon, and maybe Leafeon if things go south) As he thought about this, Mrs. Peach issued her first command with Vaporeon. “Kapunwai, take to the water!” said Mrs. Peach, as Vaporeon jumped into the lake behind Growlithe. “Oooh, this isn’t going to end well.” Said Roger, who took a slight step back at seeing Vaporeon disappear in the water, while Growlithe also moved back, and growled at the water. Neither Growlithe nor Roger could see Vaporeon, despite the water being crystal clear and clean, though Growlithe saw some slight movement. Some drops of water flew out near Growlithe, who avoided it and became more wary. Vaporeon stuck its head out briefly before heading back under, and completely vanishing.

“Whirlpool!” said Mrs. Peach. The lake began to swirl quickly and violently, and Vaporeon was at the bottom of it. The speed gradually increased, and Growlithe tried to resist it as it was pulling him in. Unfortunately, it was too great for it to handle and he fell in. The water caused continuous damage to Growlithe as he was dragged down, helpless to do so. Roger had no way to even call Growlithe back, and every passing second, his Pokemon’s health deteriorated. He then remembered something from a previous battle that saved Growlithe from a previous predicament. “Growlithe, use Flame Wheel to escape!” said Roger. Growlithe focused, and started to get its bearings in the water. It was soon encased in fire, and began to bounce on the water. “Kapunwai, come out of the water and use Aqua Tail.” As Growlithe bounced out of the water, Vaporeon jumped out to strike it with its tail. “Retaliate with Hidden Power!” The fire around Growlithe disappeared, and instead green sparks surrounded it. The sparks hit Vaporeon, and prevented it from hitting Growlithe with Aqua Tail, while knocking it back into the water and stopping the whirlpool. Growlithe landed back on the grass near Roger, and shook itself to get dry.

“Growlithe, enough!” said Roger, calling back Growlithe as he took out another Pokeball. “Scizor, stand by for battle.” Scizor came out on the grass, looking around for its opponent. “Vaporeon’s in the water, so don’t get close to it. Instead, start off with a Swords Dance.” Scizor started clamping with its pincers repeatedly as they glowed, doubling its Attack. The water didn’t stir at all, and Vaporeon couldn’t be seen. “If Vaporeon’s not going to come out, set up Light Screen.” Scizor set up another barrier of light around it, reducing Special Attacks. There was still no response from Vaporeon, so if Roger wanted to, he could set up with Scizor all he wanted. However, he had another plan in store. “Scizor, back to me. I have a plan.” Scizor flew back to its trainer, and stood right next to Roger waiting for his idea. Roger kept his voice down while speaking to avoid letting Mrs. Peach hear this. “Fly to the water, and if you detect movement, make a slight gesture with your right pincer. When you see Vaporeon, strike it with X-Scissor and bring it back to the water. If you can, maybe you should grab it and throw it onto land.” Scizor understood and made some slight movements with its pincers, though its right pincer moved a bit more. “Excellent. You know what to do, now let’s continue.” Roger spoke in a normal tone with that as he pointed to the water, and Scizor flew back out. Scizor detected slight movement in the water, but it made no movements outside of its right pincer moving a bit. Everyone else either didn’t notice or care, except for Roger. The movement in the water increased steadily with each second. Mrs. Peach knew what she could do.

“Kapunwai, Aqua Tail!” said Mrs. Peach. Vaporeon jumped out of the water and went to strike Scizor, who seemed to be unaware of Vaporeon until the hit connected. However, immediately after it struck, Vaporeon’s tail was quickly grabbed by Scizor, rendering it fairly helpless. “X-Scissor, then follow up with Quick Attack!” said Roger. Scizor threw Vapreon a few feet above it, and struck it with its pincers, knocking Vaporeon onto the sandy terrain. Before Vaporeon could get back up, Scizor dove right toward Vaporeon and rammed into it, knocking it further away from the water. The combination of attacks dealt a significant blow to Vaporeon, and because of the damage Grovyle dealt to it, Vaporeon was fairly low on health at this point. Additionally, Roger robbed Vaporeon’s advantage and had the momentum of the battle in his favor.

“Kapunwai, return to the lake!” said Mrs. Peach. Vaporeon ran back to the lake, trying to avoid Scizor. “Scizor, don’t let Vaporeon return to the water at all costs.” Said Roger, as Scizor nodded and gave chase to Vaporeon. Before Vaporeon could reach the water, Scizor flew right in front of it, stopping it right in its tracks as Vaporeon skidded along the sand. The two Pokemon stared down each other, with Vaporeon desperately needing to head back to the water, while Scizor could stay there all day. Roger was waiting for Mrs. Peach’s move so he could counter it, rather than give her the opportunity to get the match in her favor. “Kapunwai, Surf!” Vaporeon began to rise as water flowed under it, forming a huge tidal wave. Scizor took note of what Vaporeon was trying to do, using the attack to get back to the water freely. “Scizor, try hitting Vaporeon with X-Scissor again!” Scizor flew up, and tried striking Vaporeon, but the current of the water worked against this, stopping its attack and resulting in Vaporeon returning to the lake. The attack hurt Scizor quite a bit despite Light Screen. “Scizor, use Roost, and keep away from the water until I can think of something.” Scizor nodded and flew back toward the rocks, settling down and recovering a significant chunk of its health back.

While Scizor recovered health, Roger thought about how to get Vaporeon back out, looking on his Pokedex for any moves that could be useful in this situation. He closed it and began to state his plan. “Scizor, get close to the water, and set up Razor Wind.” Scizor flew next to the lake, and its wings began to flutter rapidly while its pincers glowed. The lake stirred a bit more than last time, but Vaporeon was nowhere to be seen. After a bit, Scizor spun around and shot out a small tornado to the water. Some of the water splashed on the ground, but still nothing from Vaporeon. “Keep doing Razor Wind to get Vaporeon out!” Scizor kept charging up, and unleashed Razor Wind at the water, which unsettled Vaporeon in the water as it started to appear. It looked as if Scizor didn’t notice Vaporeon, as it started to swim back up. “Kapunwai, use Surf once more!” Vaporeon summoned another wave, and began to dissolve into it. Scizor was paying attention, and shot a Razor Wind right into the top of the wave, knocking Vaporeon out of the wave onto the ground and stopping the attack. “Scizor, finish off Vaporeon with Aerial Ace!” said Roger. Scizor quickly dove at Vaporeon, who got back up fairly quickly. It didn’t notice that Scizor was about to ram it with its wings, and it was knocked out.

“Vaporeon is unable to battle. This round goes to Roger.” Said Mr. Peach. Scizor flew back to Roger, crossing its arms. “Great work Scizor.” Said Roger, applauding his Pokemon on a job well done. Scizor looked back, saying its name in a calm voice. Mrs. Peach called back her Vaporeon, and tossed out another Pokeball. “Go, Anshu!” Flareon came out on the grass terrain, and Roger knew he didn’t want Scizor to fight it. He called it back, and took out another Pokeball. “Staryu, stand by for battle.” Staryu came out near the lake, spinning in place as always. “Anshu, Retaliate!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon ran toward Staryu, while Staryu prepared itself to dodge. “Staryu, hit Flareon with Bubblebeam.” Staryu jumped into the air to avoid Flareon’s attack, and prepared its own. However, Flareon saw this, and jumped into the air as well, knocking it down with its tail. Because one of Mrs. Peach’s Pokemon, Vaporeon, fainted last turn, the attack was doubled in power and hurt Staryu greatly. Mrs. Peach then called Flareon back as Staryu struggled to get up, and sent out another Pokemon in its stead.

“Gwairllywn, go!” said Mrs. Peach, sending out Leafeon in Flareon’s place. Roger knew he had to switch again, so he called back Staryu. (That Flareon is going to be annoying…Staryu took a crap ton from Retaliate, so maybe I shouldn’t rely on it purely. Maybe whittle down Flareon a bit, then lure it out and take it down with Scizor after setting up on Jolteon or Leafeon? I’ll have to see.) thought Roger, as he sent out Grovyle, who sparkled and was already in a battle pose. “Gwairllywn, use Dig!” Leafeon quickly dug a hole, while Grovyle prepared itself. “Use X-Scissor now!” Leafeon dove out of the ground to slash with the leaf on its head, but Grovyle was able to quickly dodge. “Retaliate with Hidden Power.” Grovyle shot out fiery orange sparks toward Leafeon, and like Grovyle, it was also able to dodge as easily. “Again!” said Mrs. Peach. Once again, Leafeon ran toward Grovyle and slashed at it with the leaf on its head. “Detect, and use Hidden Power.” Grovyle’s eyes flashed green as it jumped onto a tree branch, and it released another set of fiery orange sparks toward Leafeon, hurting it fairly hard. However, the branch Grovyle was on was slightly weakened by Hidden Power, causing him to lose his balance a bit.

“Gwairllywn, use Shadow Ball to knock Grovyle off.” said Mrs. Peach. Leafeon shot out a purple ball toward Grovyle, which hit it and knocked it off; Grovyle landed on its knees and was fairly hurt, slightly struggling to get up. “Follow up with X-Scissor!” Leafeon ran to Grovyle, preparing to slash at it once again and for the possibility of it dodging. “Grovyle, hit it with Hidden Power!” said Roger. Before Leafeon could reach it, Grovyle hit it with some quick orange sparks, knocking it back a few feet. “Gwairllywn, use Dig once again!” Instead of making a new hole, Leafeon jumped back into the hole it dug before, while Grovyle began to climb another tree to avoid its next attack. Nothing actually happened for a few minutes as Leafeon simply circled around the area, waiting for when to strike, and it also believed Grovyle was on another tree. Roger snapped his fingers as he just got an idea, however. “Grovyle, to me.” Grovyle jumped from tree to tree back to Roger, landing near his trainer. “I know what to do. Stand near a hole to lure out Leafeon, and then quickly jump into as soon as you feel it coming out. Then use Hidden Power from underneath. It’s a bit finicky, but I think it can work.” Grovyle nodded, agreeing with his trainer. He pointed to the trees as well, suggesting something. “You want to use the trees?...Actually, that can work. We can use Mrs. Peach’s strategy against her! Great idea Grovyle.”

Grovyle made its way back to the forest terrain where Leafeon was, standing right next to a hole. “Gwairllywn, now! X-Scissor!” said Mrs. Peach. Grovyle felt Leafeon under it, and quickly got into the hole near it as Leafeon jumped out to slash it. Leafeon was confused as it had no idea where Grovyle was, and thought it was somehow in the trees, even though it just heard it. “Now!” said Roger. From under Leafeon, orange, fiery sparks hit it for good damage, leading Leafeon to believe Grovyle was under it. “Gwairllywn, fetch Grovyle out of the hole.” Leafeon dove back into the hole and ran through it to find Grovyle, who was already making its way out and onto another tree. Again, Leafeon couldn’t find Grovyle, and even Mrs. Peach couldn’t see it as Grovyle was trying to hide from her as well. Leafeon came out of one of the holes, and looked even more confused. Roger waited for what he thought was the right time to strike. “Search for Grovyle, and be on your guard.” Leafeon scoured around the trees, having still no luck. It turned around and looked in the opposite direction of Grovyle.

“Hidden Power!” said Roger. Grovyle released another set of fiery sparks toward Leafeon, hurting it even more and leaving it fairly weak at this point. Leafeon knew Grovyle was on the trees, but still wasn’t sure exactly where as Grovyle continued to hide itself after the attack, but this time, Mrs. Peach saw part of it. “Up there!” Mrs. Peach pointed to the tree Grovyle was on, and Leafeon prepared a Shadow Ball as it went around it. Grovyle tried to hide again, but it failed as Leafeon saw it and shot the ball at Grovyle, who fell off again. “Use X-Scissor!” Leafeon darted toward Grovyle, who thankfully landed on its feet, to slash at it again. “Detect, and use Hidden Power.” Grovyle’s eyes flashed green as it jumped over Leafeon to shoot out more sparks, but this time, Leafeon was able to dodge as well. “Use Bite on Grovyle, and then follow up with X-Scissor!” said Mrs. Peach. Leafeon ran toward Grovyle as it landed, and bit its left hand as Grovyle attempted to dodge. Leafeon then tried slashing it with the leaf on its forehead, but Grovyle pushed it back with its other hand, preventing the hit. However, Grovyle could only hold it back for so long. “Grovyle, finish it off with Hidden Power!” Grovyle shot out one last Hidden Power from its hand, hitting Leafeon dead on and knocking it out as Grovyle pushed it out.
“Smart boy, he’s definitely got strategy. Even if he doesn't adhere to it, he knows how to improvise.” Said Richard, crossing his arms and looking fairly proud. He turned to his Infernape. “Grovyle seems to have learned a lot as well. It held up beautifully against Leafeon, and heck, all of his Pokemon are well trained. He’s learned a lot since I last saw him. Not sure why he isn’t using Growlithe…or maybe he’s abandoning his plan of using Scizor, and instead relying on Growlithe for later?” Infernape simply shrugged. “Ape.” “Who knows?”
“Leafeon is unable to battle. This round goes to Roger.” Said Mr. Peach. Mrs. Peach called back Leafeon as Roger clapped for Grovyle. “Yeah Grovyle, great work!” Grovyle gave a thumbs up to his trainer as Mrs. Peach sent out her next Pokemon, Flareon. “Anshu, use Retaliate.” Said Mrs. Peach. Flareon ran to Grovyle and prepared to ram into it. “Grovyle, use Quick Attack!” said Roger. Grovyle ran to Flareon and prepared to punch it, but Flareon dodged and hit it straight on with its head, causing Grovyle to go flying. With Leafeon fainting, the attack gained a huge boost, ensuring Grovyle’s knock out, and reducing Roger’s previously huge lead. “Grovyle is unable to battle. This round goes to Mrs. Peach.” Said Mr. Peach. Roger called back Grovyle, and took out a Net Ball. “Staryu, stand by for battle.” Staryu came out, spinning place. Mrs. Peach knew she’d need Flareon, so she called him back, and took out another Pokeball. “Go, Bliksem!” Jolteon came out in Flareon’s stead, and it was apparent that she didn’t want Flareon in against Staryu. (I don’t think I can really get a sweep with Scizor, not that easily anyway. I think she won’t send Flareon on Scizor just yet, so I’ll get up my screens, and use Staryu as long as I can against Jolteon, and work around both with Scizor.) thought Roger, staring at the lake, and then back to Staryu. (If anything else, Growlithe is my ace in the hole. I don’t want to use him though, not unless I have no choice.)

“Staryu, start off with a Bubble beam.” Said Roger. Staryu unleashed an array of bubbles toward Jolteon, who quickly jumped away and ran toward Staryu. “Bliksem, use Thunderbolt!” said Mrs. Peach. Jolteon became charged with electricity, and shot it toward Staryu, knocking it straight across the lake for huge damage. Combined with Flareon’s Retaliate from before, Staryu was fairly weakened; however, Staryu was at least distanced from Jolteon now. “Set up a Light Screen.” Said Roger. Staryu quickly set up a barrier of light to reduce Jolteon’s attacks, as the latter ran toward it. “Use Bubblebeam.” Staryu shot out more bubbles at Jolteon, who was hit this time for decent damage. “Use another Thunderbolt.” Said Mrs. Peach. Jolteon ran toward Staryu and shot out another Thunderbolt. “Dodge, and use Bubblebeam once more.” Staryu jumped out of the way, and shot out another stream of bubbles. Jolteon was hit again, but still retained some health, as it shot out another Thunderbolt, hitting the airborn Staryu. Light Screen enabled Staryu to survive, but it was pretty weak at this point. “Staryu, use Bubblebeam again!” Staryu shot out more bubbles toward Jolteon who again was able to quickly dodge. “Bliksem, use Thunder!” Jolteon charged up for a slightly longer time, and unleashed a huge bolt of lightning onto Staryu, who tried jumping out of the way and while it didn’t take the full brunt, the damage it did take was enough for it to be knocked out.

“Staryu is unable to battle. This round goes to Mrs. Peach.” Said Mr. Peach. Mrs. Peach clapped for Jolteon as Roger called back Staryu, and prepared to send out Scizor. With the score tied, and both trainers’ Pokemon fairly tired out, this was still anyone’s game. “Scizor, start off with Agility!” Scizor came out, still fairly healthy from its last battle as it fluttered off the ground a few feet, and became more agile. Roger knew how to deal with Jolteon, and with Light Screen up for one more turn, he could definitely afford the set up. “Bliksem, use Thunder again!” said Mrs. Peach. Jolteon unleashed another huge lightning bolt, which Scizor easily avoided due to its new speed as it flew toward Jolteon. “Use X-Scissor.” Scizor struck Jolteon with its pincers, hurting it quite a bit. However, it looked as though Scizor was hurt as well, which confused Roger. “Bliksem, use Thunderbolt!” said Mrs. Peach. Jolteon charged up, and released electricity toward Scizor, who couldn’t get it away due to the damage it took from hitting Jolteon. “Use Quick Attack!” Scizor darted toward Jolteon at a much faster speed, hitting it for good damage as the move was boosted by its ability, Technican. Once again, Scizor was hurt after the attack. This time, Roger noticed that Jolteon looked somewhat odd when it was about to be hit, as if squinting.

“What’s hurting Scizor? Bliksem isn’t always hitting it!” asked Wow Guy to his brother. “How would I know? I don’t know Mom’s strategies down to a key.” Said an annoyed Obliterate. “Maybe it’s letting off some discharge? Or Mom found a way to use its spikey fur defensively?” asked a curious Wow Guy. “That is plausible actually; Jolteons are known to do that. And Mom has been training her Eeveelutions to take specific advantages of their unique traits in tandem with the environment, such as Vaporeon with the water.” Said 43110. Wow Guy stared at Obliterate for a long time. “What?” Wow Guy simply shrugged, and Obliterate face palmed. Roger and Mrs. Peach didn’t pay attention to the three brothers, though the former gave some thought to his plan. (It looks like Jolteon is spiking up its fur to hurt Scizor, and it looks like Scizor and Jolteon are equal in terms of speed at the moment, though it looks like Jolteon is able to find the time to spike up its fur. It looked like with Quick Attack, Jolteon didn’t have nearly as much time to do this, so maybe if I close in the distance, Scizor won’t be hurt in the process)

“Scizor, use Quick Attack again!” Scizor darted toward Jolteon again, and being much closer to it this time, it didn’t take damage afterward as it flew back. “Bliksem, use Thunderbolt, and then Dig.” Said Mrs. Peach. Jolteon shot out lightning from its body toward Scizor, who dodged it, but couldn’t stop Jolteon from entering another hole. “Set up a Light Screen and Iron Defense.” Scizor created a barrier of light around it, and then put its arms together to increase its armor. Jolteon came out of the ground and hit Scizor as it went one of the holes left by Leafeon and Grovyle, and while the hit did little damage, Scizor couldn’t stop it. Jolteon then came out again and hit on the way back into another hole, and repeated the process a few times, and while it missed each subsequent time, Scizor still couldn’t hit it back. “Scizor, focus! Prepare for when Jolteon is about to strike, and counter with X-Scissor.” Said Roger. Scizor took a deep breath, and waited for Jolteon. Before it struck, Scizor grabbed Jolteon by its back paw, and struck it with X-Scissor and causing it to fall, knocking it out.

“Jolteon is unable to battle. This round goes to Roger.” Said Mr. Peach. “Good work Scizor.” Said Roger, as he saw Mrs. Peach call back her Pokemon, and send out Flareon for the last time. (I think in the back of my head, I knew I might be stuck in this situation at the end. I’m pretty sure Growlithe will pull through for me though.) “Scizor, head in the lake and douse yourself with water.” said Roger. Scizor nodded and flew toward the lake. “Anshu, prevent that with Fire Blast!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon shot a huge ray of fire toward Scizor to prevent it from getting into the lake. Though it didn’t hit Scizor, it stopped it from getting into the water, alebit only momentarily as Scizor immediately darted into the water after the attack was done, and then came back up, soaked completely. “Start off with Quick Attack!” Scizor quickly darted toward Flareon headfirst. “Anshu, Protect!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon covered itself in a barrier that deflected Scizor’s attack at the last second; the barrier also slightly disoriented Scizor. “Anshu, Fire Spin!”

Flareon shot a ring of fire around Scizor, which hurt it tremendously despite Light Screen and Scizor being soaked in water. The ring also hurt Scizor a little more. “Scizor, Aerial Ace!” said Roger. Scizor flew toward Flareon again and struck it with its wing. However, Fire Spin was still in effect, and Scizor was engulfed in fire, hurting it more. “Anshu, Flame Charge.” Flareon was engulfed in fire, and jumped at Scizor, who was able to dodge in time. “Use Quick Attack!” As Flareon came back down, Scizor quickly darted toward Flareon again headfirst. “Protect!” Like before, Flareon got a barrier just in time to deflect Scizor’s attack. Fire Spin was also still in effect, and hurt Scizor. All of this disorientated Scizor, and left it vulnerable. “Anshu, Fire Blast.” Flareon let out a huge blast of fire toward Scizor, who at the last second realized what was about to hit it. Unable to get away, Scizor tried to hold on but it couldn’t. Light Screen ended last turn, and Scizor was blown back. It tried to get up, but it couldn’t.

“Scizor is unable to battle. This round goes to Mrs. Peach.” Said Mr. Peach. “Why didn’t Roger’s strategy with the water work?” Asked Wow Guy. “Scizor has a 4x weakness to Fire. Even with the water, it’s still a 2x weakness, so it’s still going to hurt, not to mention it’s not as effective as Rain Dance, which is what he was probably trying to replicate.” Said Obliterate. “So hasn’t he lost at this point? I mean that was his last Pokemon, right?” said Wow Guy. Obliterate just stared at him. “No, he still has Growlithe left. So he’s still got a chance.” said 43110. “Oooh. I knew that.” Obliterate just sighed, and continued watching the battle with his siblings.

Roger called back Scizor, and took out Growlithe’s Pokeball. He seemed reluctant while doing so, and stared at it before sending him out. “Go, Growlithe!” yelled Roger. Growlithe came out, and Intimidated Flareon. “Use Retaliate to start off.” Growlithe darted toward Flareon, and attempted to ram it.While Flareon jumped into the air to avoid the attack, Growlithe quickly jumped into the air as well, and whacked it with its tail, knocking it down. Due to Scizor fainting, the attack doubled and hurt Flareon quite a bit. Flareon quickly got up and brushed off the damage as Growlithe got back down, and stared it down. “Anshu, Dig!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon began to dig a hole, and began circling the area. “Growlithe, use Odor Sleuth to get Flareon’s scent.” Growlithe began to sniff the hole Flareon was in, and got its scent; it could now easily find Flareon.

“Anshu, now!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon jumped out of the ground and rammed into Growlithe. However, Growlithe wasn’t even in the spot Flareon thought it was, and it just fell back on the ground. “Growlithe, counter with Crunch.” Said Roger. Growlithe ran toward Flareon as it came back down, and sunk its fangs into it. Growlithe then tossed Flareon toward the hole after it was done, growling at it as Flareon got back up and dived into the hole. Growlithe sniffed for Flareon, being prepared once again for it. “Anshu, attack now.” Growlithe side stepped, thinking Flareon was going to strike, but unlike before it didn’t attack immediately. After Growlithe sidestepped, Flareon jumped out and struck it, knocking Growlithe into the air like before. “Retaliate with Take Down!” Growlithe quickly got itself back together, doing a somersault in the air and charging back down to hit Flareon. “Use your Strength!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon jumped into the air to counter and maybe stop Growlithe’s attack, but both Pokemon only managed to damage each other, and knock themselves back, Growlithe on the worse end thanks to the recoil from Take Down and Flareon’s Dig. However, Intimidate softened the blows of Flareon’s attacks.

“Anshu, set up a Sunny Day.” Said Mrs. Peach. While Growlithe struggled to get up, Flareon was able to get a bit more easily than Growlithe, and it shot out a bright white orb from its mouth toward the ceiling. “Growlithe, you okay?” said Roger, paying more attention to his Pokemon than what Mrs. Peach was doing. Growlithe finally got up, and shook off the damage. The orb Flareon shot was in the center of the ceiling, and because of it, the room was now very bright. (Why’s she doing that? Growlithe is resistant to Fire attacks and it benefits me as…wait, Flareon’s immune to fire attacks! It won’t get the downsides of Sunny Day. Considering she’s trying to keep her distance, that’s definitely got to be why. She might be trying to bait me to use a Fire attack to boost her moves further, so I can’t do that.) thought Roger, as he looked back to Growlithe as it stared back at Flareon. (Still, I know we’ll get through. Growlithe has yet to fail me.)

“Fire Fang!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon ran to Growlithe and tried biting it with its fire infused fangs, while Growlithe side stepped as Flareon attempted to bite it again. “Fight back with Crunch!” said Roger. Growlithe avoided Flareon’s second attempt at biting it, and sunk its fangs into it. “Use Flame Charge!” Flareon was quickly encased in fire, which hurt Growlithe and forced him to drop Flareon. Still encased in fire, Flareon tackled Growlithe and boosted its speed. With Sunny Day, this hurt a pretty decent bit despite Growlithe’s resistance, and this also put some distance between Growlithe and Flareon. “Anshu, Flamethrower!” Flareon took a breath, and started to breathe a large stream of fire toward Growlithe, who quickly ran away from it and was continually chased. Roger was at a loss for what he could do at this point. “Keep avoiding the attack, and use Crunch when you can!” yelled Roger as he began to think about what he can do. (I don’t even have a ranged attack to use on Flareon. It’s immune to all of mine. I might have something else but it’s risky, and I can’t use it yet.)

Growlithe continued to run from Flamethrower, although a bit of the stream hit it as it got closer to Flareon. Flareon then realized that Growlithe was trying to close in the space, so it tried running away, but Growlithe was able to close in the distance and Crunched Flareon by its back paw, throwing it back a few feet. However, this left Growlithe pretty tired out with the running it had to do. “Anshu, Fire Blast!” said Mrs. Peach. Flareon shot out a huge blast of fire from its mouth toward Growlithe, who couldn’t get away and took massive damage from the hit. Growlithe panted heavily after the hit, still being able to stand but for only so long. “Once again!” Flareon released another Fire Blast toward Growlithe, but this time Growlithe was able to get away by jumping into one of the holes Flareon produced before. “Use Dig now!” said Roger. Growlithe quickly jumped out of the ground and knocked Flareon into the air. “Anshu, use Hyper Beam!” said Mrs. Peach. “Growlithe, get out of the way!” yelled Roger. As it came back down, Flareon unleashed a large white and red beam from its mouth onto Growlithe, who dodged just in time.

Unfortunately, because it missed, Flareon was still able to attack freely. “Again!” Flareon unleashed another powerful beam at Growlithe, who couldn't get away and was knocked back a huge distance and fell down. “Growlithe, get up!” yelled Roger, who ran to the rails on his platform. Growlithe didn’t respond. “Growlithe, come on! I know you can win! We came all this way and…” Still nothing; it looked like Roger just lost. He fell to his knees in defeat as Sunny Day faded. He looked back and couldn’t believe it. “Growlithe is unable to battle. Mrs. Pe-“ said Mr. Peach, pausing before noticing something. “Wait! Look!” said Hikaru. “It can’t be.” Said Rena. Roger too noticed, as he slowly got up.
“By the gods.” Said Richard, amazed at what he saw. His Infernape and Dragonite were also surprised, causing them to fall because Dragonite stopped using Light Screen. "Quick, quick! Use Light Screen again so we can watch the rest of it!" Richard seemed completely unfazed despite falling from a fairly big height. His Pokemon just stared back awkwardly as Dragonite brought up a green barrier, bringing both Richard and his Infernape back to the window.
Growlithe’s tail slowly moved, as did his bottom right paw. This pup still had some fire left in him as he got back up to continue the fight. Roger checked his Pokedex, and saw that Growlithe had a small amount of HP left; enough for his plan to come full circle. He tried to speak, but even he was amazed. The little dog looked back at his master with a slight grin, and Roger nodded. They saw that Flareon was still recharging from its attack, and both knew it couldn’t take another hit. “Growlithe” said Roger, with a slight pause. “Finish the job off with Reversal.” Growlithe ran toward Flareon with a slight aura around him as he knocked Flareon into the air with a headbutt, following up with a body slam to the ground. The attack was fully powered up, and Flareon was left on the ground as Growlithe jumped off it.

“Flareon is unable to battle. Roger wins the battle.” Said Mr. Peach.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:01 pm 

"You did very well Roger," said Mrs. Peach handing her pokeballs to Rena and picking up a flat wooden box, rather like an art box in their place (Rena healed her mother's pokemon after finishing with Roger's), "and especially with your growlithe. He shows a lot of loyalty to you. I think which ever eevee you pick will have a very good home. I think some of the moves I tried may just need a bit more work though," she said with a laugh. "I'm just getting used to having more than four moves to work with!"

"Anyway, here is your badge," she said opening the box and taking out a paw badge to hand to him, "and your ticket," as she also handed him a ferry ticket to Santa UnSavory, "and you may pick one item and one TM." She then held the open box to face him so that he could see the remaining contents. There were seven items and eight TM's. The TM's were all special, one for each eeveelution; and the items were a fire, water, thunder, and everstone, a soothe bell, and two pieces of rock on ribbons like the soothe bell. One was green and mossy and the other pale and incredibly cold.

Last edited by Mamma Peach on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 pm 

"Thanks. That was a really good battle." said Roger, putting the badge in a case and the ticket in his pocket before kneeling to pet Growlithe, who was happily sitting and wagging his tail. "I don't think I would have won any of my battles without Growlithe. He really never does let me down, and I couldn't have started with a better friend." As he got back up, he noticed the stones and TMs Mrs. Peach had. "I'm...actually not really sure about that though. I think I'll decide after one of the Eevees go with me. Speaking of that, Wow Guy, are you still up for Pichu vs. Eevee?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:05 am 

"I sure am!" said Wow Guy. "Pichi!" said his hat, and the pichu stuck his head out from underneath.

"Very well," said Mrs. Peach closing the box. "I'll let you decide what kind of item and TM you want later. Do you want to pick out your eevee now?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:49 am 

"Was wondering where the little thing was. Yes, I'd like to pick an Eevee now." said Roger. "By the way, where can Wow Guy and I have our battle? In here?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm 

"Dude!" said Wow Guy. "You can not be serious! This gym is only used for Gym battles."

Mrs. Peach raised an eyebrow, wondering if a one time exception would be abused like the last time. She really didn't like her special gym getting trashed like the regular gym often was. She was deciding against using it for a number of reasons but hadn't said anything yet...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm 

"Um, ok. The other one then." Said Roger, weirded out by Wow Guy. Growlithe conked his head in response as well. "I guess we'll head to the habitat then."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:39 pm 

Mrs. Peach led the way to where the espeon and umbrion were playing with the eevee pups. The father, Brian, specifically played with the rowdy one so it wouldn't rough up the others. As Roger appeared a pup with wet paws ran up to him and greeted him with a squeaky bark, followed by the others. As the rowdy one left off playing with his father to break up the group and get all of the attention, Brian grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and held him there in mid air.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:54 pm 

Along the way, Roger called Growlithe back to his Pokeball to give him a rest. He seemed happy to see the other Eevees, noting that the wet one was the same one from yesterday as kneeled down. "I see they remember me pretty well." He said, rubbing the wet one's ears. "And I see you've been enjoying the water, little one. Likely with no interference from that rowdy one." He turned to face the Peaches. "So I think the real question is which one wants to come with me most. I think I know the answer, but what do you all think?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:58 pm 

Kiyoshi decided to visit the Pokémart in Maripatchu. He thought it'd be a good idea to stock up on items. Kiyoshi got out his wallet to see how much money he had. He didn't have much at all, only enough to buy 3 super potions. "I really need to fight more trainers." Kiyoshi said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:08 am 

Giovanni walked out of the tunnel system in Ordonne, accompanied by a few of his goons, all whom were dressed rather nicely. They walked towards the gym, hanging a right at the last second to enter the restaurant that had already been visited once before in this story. He got a seat outside, making sure he had a full view of the gym, and smiled, pulling out a newspaper. When the waitress came around and nervously asked what he wanted, knowing who he was as soon as she saw him, he calmly replied without looking up that "Coffee will be fine, thank you. Two sugars, no cream."

----

Jenna sat outside of the pokemart, having followed Kiyoshi for the better portion of the day. She was sitting on a bench fairly far away from the center, far enough where Kiyoshi wouldn't recognize her or really see her at all. She sighed, taking out a small thing of gum. Last week was REALLY not the week to quit smoking. She looked up, going through her options of approach in her head. A nice person looking to give some tips? Maybe a rival trainer that wants to battle? Both of those approaches would leave her not really in any better favor with Kiyoshi. Really, she would just have to continue tailing him until an opportunity presented itself. She let her mind wander while she watched him fumble around with money, trying to think of other ways to get an in with him. Then, her mind stumbled onto her dating Kiyoshi, and she gasped, inhaled her gum and went into a coughing fit.
'Gods no,' she thought to herself, shivering at the thought while coughing up the gum. She didn't even KNOW this person. Jenna didn't care how much Nameless paid her, she would not do something like that. She picked up her gum wrapper and put the gum in it, throwing it away into the garbage can next to her, and then moved away from the bench towards some poke-clothes shops, blending into the crowd.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 am 

"That one with the wet paws totally likes you, Roger," said Wow Guy. "You should pick him!"

"But the one that Brian's holding is a strong fighter," said Obliterate. "He would be a tremendous asset to your team."

"Well all of them seem to like you," said Hikaru. "You can't overlook the others either."

"But the one with the wet paws does seem to love him the best," said Rena.

Mrs. Peach smiled and said, "So which one are you going to pick?"
-----

A kid walking towards the gym past the restaurant glanced at Giovanni, did a double take, and then trying not to look suspicious himself kept walking towards the gym.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 am 

"That is a good point Obliterate, never thought about that. You all have good points actually. " Said Roger as he stopped petting the wet Eevee. He gave a bit of thought before speaking again. "But this one...hmm." He paused a bit, and then resumed as he focused on the other Eevees, but mostly had his eye on the wet one. "I played with this one yesterday...and he was the first to greet me today. He really seems to like me, and heck, I like him a lot too. He definitely is stronger than he looks since he knocked out the one Brian has easily. In fact, I think Brian approved of how I was with the little one. But I'm not sure. Hikaru does have a point so..." He stuck out his hand to the other Eevees, as well as the wet one. "Which of you want to come with me?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:08 pm 

Brian let loose of the one he held, to be fair. All of the eevees crowded around Roger's hand piling on top of each other (of course it could have been because they thought he had food, you never know). The rowdy one knocked them all over and jumped on Roger's hand like he was king of the hill. The one with wet paws growled and tackled the rowdy one to the ground. The rowdy one tried to use bite but wet paws dodged. Both used shadow ball which collided in a bang before the parents grabbed each of the growling combatants by the scruff of the neck.

Mrs. Peach laughed a bit at Roger's predicament. "I think you're going to have to choose after all," she said. "But I think should be one of those two. They seem to have developed quite a rivalry. Perhaps you should pick the one you like best and are most comfortable with rather than just what you think makes the strongest member of the team. They are actually pretty equal in strength."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next