Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:04 pm 

"Yes," Silvor admitted in a sad voice, "birds often do kick me in the face, it's not--" Distracted by trying to wiggle the object out of his chest and the memories of violent avians, Silvor took the full force of the kick right to the face, knocking him over backwards. With a low growl as he slowly got up again, Silvor angrily shouted, "Man, this place sucks," lighting his fists aflame once more to emphasize the last word, "the welcome party sucks," he went on, throwing a fireball in his assailant's vague direction, "the cookies here suck," another fireball, this one going more in Glaceon's direction, "the fashion sense around here sucks," another, now towards Leafeon, who was blissfully unaware of the whole situation as she was casually chatting with a few of the nameless Ned Soldiers who she had apparently managed to make forget why they were here as they casually chatted back, "and finally," he went on, raising both his hands into the air, a large sphere of fire quickly not only forming, but growing, reaching five times the size of Silvor himself in a matter of seconds, "I bet your FLAG sucks, too!" And with that, he tossed the gigantic fireball forward, this one also towards his assailant, jumping into the air so as to not be bothered by the recoil of the fireball that sent him back several feet.

Meanwhile, Glaceon reacted quickly to the fireball coming his way, waving his hand towards it so as to cancel it out with an icy blast, the resulting collision sending bits of steam, a few ice shards, and even a few remaining embers back into his face, but being mostly harmless. Jolteon, however, reacted pretty much just as quickly, leaping up on top of Glaceon, who grabbed onto his foot, already knowing the plan. With a nice, big push, Jolteon was sent rocketing high into the air, and just a bit forward, slowly reaching towards Silvor's location. "A bit high, but hey, I'm always up to ride the lightning." Jolteon mused as he slowly reached the peak of his height, slowly beginning to descend, his foot outstretched for a stomp. Any minute, now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:23 pm 

"Heh. Now you're speakin' my language." The voice belonged to a man suited up in a red leather outfit with black stripes on the inward part of the legs. Maintaining the downward motion it took to kick Silvor in the face, he swung his foot in the line of the fireball that the enraged monkey had sent at him. When it connected, the fireball dispersed in a burst of explosive force as it also tried to catch his leg on fire. As he whirled through the air, it was a bit obvious that 'tried' was the operative word, as the suit didn't seem to want to catch. Now I bet if I'm going this fast... He was catching glimpses of a fireball beneath him intermittently through his Flareon-styled motorcycle helmet as his point of view spun. Then I bet maybe if I just... The red figure poked out one leg downwards in an admittedly somewhat awkward attempt to stomp on the fireball that was speeding towards Leafeon. "Guys," He began conversationally to the mooks he was flying past, "You might want to run."

"Believe me, I tell myself that every day," Ned Soldier #346 said, before promptly wondering both who had just spoken to him, and why it felt so hot all of a sudden. The third thing to go through his mind would've been, if he were conscious to reflect on it, the wave of hot, explosive force that threw him and every soldier near him in all directions as the fireball that the hurtling hero had planted his foot in exploded.

For his part, said fighter was now shooting upwards into the air. "And now it's probably time for the dismount." As quick as he'd risen, he fell back towards the ground, thwacking against it on his back and rolling backwards. It hurt a bit more than he might've liked, but damned if he was going to tell anyone that. As he got to his feet, the Flareon Ranger brushed himself off and turned to Leafeon. "Having fun there, sis?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 pm 

"Oh, yeah!" Leafeon replied cheerily, still not having the slightest clue that anything vaguely resembling danger was going on, "Was just having a friendly chat with these guys. They tell me Uranus is surprisingly hot, mostly because of how enormous it is."

In response, the Ned soldiers nodded in agreement, being equally unaware of what was going on. To their credit, they seemed much happier than the rest, taking joy in being able to actually talk to someone that wasn't drooling on themself, part mushroom, or a bossy leader that would sooner fire them (out of a cannon) than listen to what they have to say.

Meanwhile, Jolteon was finally returning from his field trip to the sky, rapidly coming down upon Silvor's head, crashing with a loud CLARUNK as the bottom of his boot collided with Silvor's metal helmet. "You know, they say lightning never strikes twice..." Jolteon mused, using the force of the collision to bounce back into the air a second time, burying Silvor's legs a ways into the floor in the process, doing a flip at the peak of his jump so his hands were facing downward, now, "But I find electricity does whatever it pleases!" With that, just before his hands reached Silvor's head, Jolteon sent off a large electric blast down at him, the force of which propelled him back at an angle, making him land right next to Glaceon.

Silvor, to his credit, stood his ground. Every now and again, he twitched slightly as small residual sparks went off, and steam seemed to be rising off of him, but he's generally pretty on fire anyways, so it was hard to tell. For a moment, he simply stood there in silence, gritting his teeth. As the pain built up, though, he released the pent up stress by letting out a ferocious, primitive roar.

It was almost intimidating, but then a sudden spark of electricity went off, making Silvor's arm twitch in such a way to make him punch himself, rudely interrupting his moment. "You even made my arm turn against me." he said, much less angry now, but sounding almost on the verge of tears, "That's just mean. The bond between a man and his arm is sacred."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:52 am 

Flareon sighed and shook his head. "What am I ever gonna do with you?" Then, suddenly, he chuckled lowly to himself. "Actually, hold that thought."

--------------

Espeon was still building up more focus. He had been a bit distracted by the appearance of Flareon, whose heroic entrance he would have begrudgingly given at least maybe a B for effort were it not for the fact that he had jumped through so many of the rules of proper hero protocol in order to make it happen. What's more, that was my job and my line.

"Hey, Pinky!" Flareon shouted from across the battlefield.

The lavender ranger was ignoring him so hard right now. He was not going to let Flareon win with that sort of cheap and entirely incorrect taunt. If he responded in any way, he was just indulging him and that was not the sort of thing a team leader did.

"I think you may have had a point after all!"

Yeah, Espeon totally had seen that one com- Wait. What? Um, I mean- "O-Of course I did!" He still wasn't going to look at him at all, although he was certainly thinking on what exactly the point was that he had had.

"I think I can really see the positives of throwing flowers at the enemy now."

Throwing flowers? What on earth was he talking about...? Suddenly, a thought slowly began to dawn on the scarf-wearing ranger, and he started to look - really look - at Silvor. He wouldn't dare...

"It's kinda impractical though. I mean, you have no idea how hard it is to find sharp, hollow metal objects in a department store..."

Espeon looked around where Silvor was until he finally took notice of the burning object sitting on the ground. It was still going even though it had been torn out of the monkey's chest and smothered, although this did mean the flame was pretty weak. It appeared that the metal object was the pointed end of one of those old-fashioned quill pens, and it was stuck on-

"So if it's alright with you, Pinky, I think I'll leave looking like a tool to you in the future."

You-

A few shriveled up petals had fallen off of the end of the object. It was almost a miracle that they still maintained any of their original vibrant red color at all, because the stem certainly hadn't after the amount of time it had spent burning.

Espeon spun in Flareon's general direction. "-prick!"

-------------

Stiny had managed to wobble his way over to the cannon. By now, he had deduced that this was not some kind of inspiration vision quest at all. "After all, the Deluxe Ultra Megaton Blaster is still too perfect. Which is exactly how I designed it!" That was one of Stiny's little known trade secrets - build it too perfect, then lubricate it regularly with his special machinery maintenance oil. He noted that he felt a distant pain in his leg, to which he said, "There, there, I know, it does hurt to see something so beautiful." He giggled like a schoolgirl with a chronic series of wet sneezes.

Luckily, he had had the foresight to calibrate everything just right for the battle to come. Save for the location, of course, as that would have been hard to do given their lack of intel on the area. As it stood, the cannon was set by default onto Lord Ned's position. Not that it was ever intended to fire there, oh no no no no no, Stiny would never dare to fire on the great...Lord Ned! It was more that - well - nights in the lab were sometimes lonely and it just helped to know in an existential sense that Lord Ned was at X: 1349, Y: 34 and that he would be there until he woke up in the morning to brush his teeth, slumbering in his lordly magnificence. That sort of thought kept Stiny warm even though his lab already actually didn't have anything approximating air conditioning, save for one of those tiny toy fans with candy inside of the handle, which meant that it was already pretty warm in the lab in general.

It was around this time that he heard the release of some kind of unnatural pressure in the air behind him. The scientist dismissed it - after all it probably didn't concern him at all.

"Sir, please move!"

He was really just happy to be able to finally contribute and show off his incredible scientific acumen with the mightiest weapon that the world had ever seen!

"Look out!"

"Oh yes, those Rons will never know what hit them!" Stiny beamed as he got ready to change the coordinates of the cannon, although he certainly wished that the Ned Soldiers assigned to stay around the cannon would stop falling over on the ground like that. It was hardly becoming of a soldier of the great...Lord-

If Lord Ned's prized scientist had any regret in his mind that he was able to make note of as Espeon's stray burst of telekinetic force slammed him in the back and threw him into the cannon's control panel with enough force to shatter his nose, it was only that, in retrospect, making the fire button on the cannon so large probably constituted a workplace safety hazard. However, as the reactionary force from being pushed onto the control panel threw him just as quickly onto his back, he was too dazed to have those regrets right now. He opted instead to ask himself - "Hurgh... I...do say, Miss Teacups...how do you get your peanuts that marvelous shade of...raspberry?"

The Deluxe Ultra Megaton Blaster began to steam and spark as the large mortar-like blasting apparatus whirred and crackled, which was incidentally the same noise that Stiny's teeth were making as they unconsciously clapped and ground against one another.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:12 am 

Another yell thundered out as Eevee brought his fists crashing down on the evil lord, the resounding crash of them smacking against his leather-y flesh cascasing through the area. A swift kick found it's place in Lord Ned's side, striking it again, again, and then with one thrust of the clawed hand of the dininja, he was once again thrown back, skidding across the ground, stopping in front of Vaporeon.

"Hey, Eevee, you might wanna cool it a little..." Vaporeon began, looking down at the smaller Ranger as he got to his feet. "Your blows don't seem to be doing mu-" And then Eevee was rushing at him again, delivering a swift kick to Lord Ned's head, another flurry of blows exchanged. Vaporeon simply sighed...and noticed something. Something sparky and steaming. Malfunctioning, even. And pointed at friend and foe alike.

He was a sharp fellow. He knew there was no time to simply warn Eevee, and he knew that if they wanted to get a shot on the vile leader, warning him via loudness was a bad idea. So with a clap of his hands and a double palm thrust forward, he let out a single jet of water, forcibly shoving Eevee out of the way.

And then, with a loud explosion, the mortar landed on the dark lord, obscuring him in the resulting debris cloud, the roof shaking but, fortunately, not breaking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:13 am 

As the ground Silvor's legs were stuck in rumbled, it drew his attention towards Lord Ned's current... situation. He stared, a flustered look on his face as he just stood there, the gears slowly turning in his head (or more like the gears having a big, iron rod stuck in the middle of them, the gears constantly twitching back in forth as they tried to work past the rod; a few of the gears were probably missing, too, really).

In response, Jolteon and Glaceon... also just kind of stood there, themselves staring at Silvor. They'd stop to look at each other every once in a while, more than a bit confused about what was going on at this point. Was he realizing his master was defeated, and giving up? Or maybe his brain just... shut off? Probably that one, all things considered.

Eventually, though, Silvor's eyes lit up once more, realization striking him like a flyswatter strikes a fly. Slowly, he turned his head forwards, his expression quickly transforming into one of sheer, complete, and unrestrained fury.

His voice boomed forth, quickly growing from a low growl to a ferocious shout, "First, you mess up the cookies, for me... That's fine. But you, YOU...! YOU MESS UP THE FIREWORKS FOR THE GREAT LORD NED?! YOU GUYS SUCK AT YOUR JOB! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT FAILURE TO THE GREAT LORD NED MEANS!"

With that, Silvor raised a fist into the sky, his entire body tensing as flames flowed all around him, the very ground he stood upon beginning to melt as fire began to flow up from his feet, slowly concentrating itself around his fist, causing it, at first, to grow into an enormous flaming fist. As he tensed further, though, it shrank--what it now lacked in volume, though, it more than made up for in intensity, the flame slowly starting to glow blue in color as it grew hotter. Eventually, it even began visibly charring Silvor himself, becoming increasingly uncomfortable for him to hold, but he persevered. He slowly took one step forward, then another, the molten mess of concrete and steel dripping from his legs as he made his way towards the rangers, gritting his teeth as he was letting out a low, guttural, droning growl. Suddenly, he leaped forward, raising the flaming fist into the air as he prepared to punch at his foes...

...and then, another spark went off as his arm twitched, making the firey punch go directly into his own face, charring it black as he planted himself firmly into the ground on his back.

Slowly, Jolteon came over (Glaceon not far behind), peaking down at the charred monkey, only being able to muster three word out: "...what the !#%$?"

As Glaceon peaked down at the no-longer-quite-so-silver-Silvor, he finally mustered up a word himself, asking simply in a low voice, "Dead?"

As if to answer, Silvor's eyes suddenly shot open, his brain taking in what just happened just quick enough for him to jolt up, screaming, "NO!" He was breathing heavily, his eyes now bloodshot, but he still had enough energy to portray all the rage prior, albeit now tenfold. Not even bothering to look forward or address anyone specifically, he just began frantically jumbling words out, "I'll destroy you, I'll torture you, I'll hang you upside down and feed you really stale cookies for months, years, for the rest of your LIVES, see how you ENJOY such wonderful things done so TERRIBLY WRONG, they will be all you KNOW, to the point you'll be BEGGING for a cookie, fresh from the oven, yes! But no! You'll get nothing of the sort, you'll just get stale pieces of... of crap, you'll be so disgusted by them that you'll vomit at the very smell of them, but I will force them down your gullet, you will live of them, because you'll have no CHOICE, it's all you'll KNOW, the PAIN and SUFFERING of STALENESS, you'll...!"

Suddenly, Silvor's attention was grabbed by someone tapping him on the shoulder. "Wha...?" was all that could manage to stumble out of his mouth as he turned, his thought process interrupted by a firm slap to the face, from none other than Leafeon. "You keep going on about cookies, geeze, no need to get so violent and weird, you could've just asked." she scolded, begrudgingly holding out a bag of cookies she had apparently got from downstairs or something. Or maybe she had them the whole time? Man, who even knows with her.

In response, Silvor could only stare, his mouth slowly growing more and more agape as he eyed the bag with the eyes of a man who had been abandoned on an island by his wife that he loved so dearly, and he thought loved him back, only to have her return years later with her arms open for an embrace, shouting apologies as she took him back in. Slowly, tears starting to form in his eyes, slowly starting to wash away the char that covered his face (which actually revealed some pretty grisly-looking tissue with little skin left to cover it). At a complete loss for words, he finally snatched the bag away from Leafeon, then slowly and oh-so gingerly opening the bag with a finesse that not even any machine could ever imitate. As he reached his hand inside, grabbing a single cookie in between two fingers, carefully placing the entire thing into his mouth, he spoke only two words through the crumbs that now covered his taste buds:

"'han' hu"

"No problem." Leafeon replied, once again as cheery as ever.

Glaceon and Jolteon, meanwhile, were now rapidly looking between this scene and each other. Eventually, Jolteon just raised his hands in the air, as if to say "I'm done!" and just walked away. Glaceon, however, opted to just sit down in place. He needed to think about just what happened, because he still wasn't sure he understood.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:01 am 

"Oy." Flareon put a hand to his helmet and just shook his head. "That would be my sister for you." He really couldn't even say this was the first time that something like this had happened. "Although, man, where did we dig these enemies up?" The red ranger casually kicked one of Leafeon's former 'buddies' in the stomach, not even looking away from the spectacle before him as he did so. His other foot was planted firmly on top of another one's back. I mean the joke with the rose had been great, but now it just felt like such a waste to use his full fighting ability on any of these saps.

"You...!"

Oh. Speaking of jokes... Espeon stormed over to where Flareon was. Any Ned Soldier who dared to come within two feet of him, or even just happened to be standing within that range, was smashed so hard to the ground with psychic force that it left cracks in the roof. "You know what? I tolerate the flagrant disregard of standard hero technique."

Ned Soldier #457 began his ascent towards a leaping slash of his replica lightsaber hoping for a paycheck raise out of all of this, but ended it hoping that somewhere in the lengthy contract he had signed with Lord Ned, that he had a hell of a dental plan.

"I accept, with a lot of reservations, mind you, but I accept," He continued as he backhanded another approaching mook who was, in all honesty, just going to ask if he wanted a pamphlet for Ned University's anger management seminars, "that you are a colorblind jerk."

At this point, the Ned Soldiers who weren't panicking over the shaking ground beneath them or otherwise engaged with the Rangers were shifting as quickly away from the lavender ranger as they could manage, without actually letting on that they were running away in case Lord Ned was watching through the ominous cloud of smoke.

"But the rose..." Espeon's hands were balled up into fists so tight that they were shaking, which would have been a somewhat more imposing effect if said fists weren't encased in incredibly dainty-looking silk. "The temerity... The gall of it...!"

"Seriously now," Flareon stepped off of the soldier beneath his foot. "Who even uses the word 'temerity' anyways?"

Suddenly, Espeon stopped. He stood there, trembling. "You..." Stray pieces of broken roof began to levitate around him, "...are such..." The pieces began to smash together against each other, forming a big clump of roof. "...a damned halfwit!"

"Oh yeah?" The black bracers around Flareon's wrists sparked, as flames sprouted up from inside the gap between the bracer and his suit. "Is that right?" As the fire licked up against his gloves, they quickly flared up, enveloping his fists in a blaze. "Why don't you prance on over here with that over-sized rock," He cracked his knuckles, "and say that to my face, Princess?"

"Well maybe I will!" Espeon took one step forward. "Halfwit!"

"Poser!" Flareon shot back.

Another step. "Flaming imbecile!"

"Yeah," The red ranger snorted, "you'd know all about flaming, wouldn't you?"

"Well, it takes one to know one, assuming you know anything!"

"So you admit it at last."

"Yes, I admit that you are a giant ignoramus!"

The two of them showed no signs of moving any closer to one another, and it didn't look like they had any plans of stopping any time soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:46 am 

Vaporeon, even through his helmet, seemed pleased. He dusted himself off, dusted his hands off together...everything seemed alright. Explosion only got the dino, after all. He took a moment to survey the battlefield after t-Oh dammit you two!

Vaporeon sighed deeply as he saw the mexican standoff over between the rangers red and pi-lavender, sorry, he had to remember how touchy that was for Espeon. He casually strolled over to the two, shooting a fairly small jet of water between the two. "Oi, oi! Knock it off, you two! Can't you see the enemy i-"

"Vaporeon!" The sound of an angry shout was loud and clear, Vaporeon sighing and turning to the voice: Eevee, running out from the resulting explosive smoke and not looking too pleased. "What did you do that for? I had him dead to rights! If the Civili Rights Bill had been in front of me, I would have been the pen that crushed his body as I signed it into law!"

"..."

"The point is, I had him!"

"Eevee, there was a mortar shell coming your way..." Vaporeon replied, resisting the urge to sigh once more.

"I knew that! I...I had that planned for!"

"Look! All of you, just calm down already. The enemy is right-" Unfortunately, Vaporeon was cut off again. This time, by the sound of a VERY angry dinosaur landing just behind the group, letting out a loud and furious angry roar as he landed from the jump away from the smoke, the last vestiges of the mortar smoking off of him. He had clearly been damaged...but certainly not defeated. "..there."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:45 am 

"Now see here!" Espeon spun on Vaporeon, ready to give him the biggest earful of his life about why you didn't get the special fibers of his suit wet and how much time he was going to have to spend delicately hand-drying them in order to stave off some of the damage - a task which he was going to guilt-trip his azure-clad teammate into doing with so much finesse that it would make his head spin - when he took note of the giant dinosaur. "Erm... W... Wow." The giant rock floating over his head dipped slightly. "He's... He's bigger than I thought he would be. Was he always this big?"

"What's the matter?" Flareon didn't seem to be particularly wet given that he'd just been hit with a stream of water, although the flames on his hands had been put out and the ruff of what seemed to be fur around his neck was drooping and dripping. "You scared of one little lizard?"

"No." Espeon spat back, turning to Flareon with a glare. "I just have the feeling," He turned to look at the sphere of roof he'd already had primed. "...that I'm going to need bigger rocks."

"Alright, you stay at the back then, Pinky." Flareon smirked as his bracers sparked again and his hands lit up once more. "Me? I think I'll knock this baby-handed freak into next week. Try not to have too much fun back there." The red ranger waved a hand in front of his face and ran his thumb along his palm in Ned's general direction, snapping a thin sheet of flame where his head was currently located. Shortly afterwards, he ran at Lord Ned behind the sheet of flame, pulling back his left fist in what was likely preparation to clock the t-rex in the skull.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:24 am 

Lord Ned replied with surprising swiftness, the spinning of the lightsaber dispersing the flames, Ned bringing down his saber right down the middle and, hopefully, aimed well at the charging ranger right after, Vaporeon and Eevee quickly charging to two other sides of him: Vaporeon couldn't really do much with Flareon charging in right now, after all, and Eevee was still trying to figure out his chance to get in there...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:37 am 

Welp. Flareon gritted his teeth as he threw himself down and forward into a somewhat undignified slide on his belly. He hadn't noticed that the giant dinosaur had a sword. Kinda seemed ridiculous to him, but it would be a lot less ridiculous if it hacked off a limb or something. As it was, he definitely felt the thing nip and slide a little along the side of his back, probably leaving some form of burn on or through the costume. It was kind of hard to tell when you were preoccupied with other things, like using your hands and the very tips of your feet pressed hard against the ground to go from sliding to hopefully managing to hurl yourself through an angry reptile's legs. Before he went under, he tried to point his left hand at an upwards enough angle to snap a small stream of flames up into Ned's eyes - or really as close as he could manage - although, given the lack of time to think, the angle was probably more likely to take him in the chin or neck, depending on where the thing was looking.

Espeon, in the meantime, was crunching up more pieces of cracked roofing together, prying whatever was loose around in the area to form more large rocks. "Yes," He muttered as he watched Lord Ned's swordsmanship in action. "I am definitely going to need bigger rocks." At the moment, he had two clumps, and was hoping he could manage one or two more. The team leader couldn't get shown up after all - and certainly not by Flareon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 am 

Having finished up with Silvor, Leafeon couldn't help but look over at all the ruckus being made with Lord Ned. Just in time to see Flareon dive right under a sword. If that wasn't cause for worry, I don't know what is. Crossing her arms, she looked around, trying to think of some way she could help. It was then that she spotted Jolteon and Glaceon, sitting around and being generally useless. Not wasting a moment, she dashed over to Glaceon, kneeling down next to him, patting him on the back as she spoke, "Hey, come on, buddy, the mission's not over yet! You were the first to start, don't let that effort go to waste by being the first to stop! They could really use your help over there, I'm sure!" Being met with only silence as Glaceon continued to sit, not even acknowledging Leafeon's presence, she huffed, then turned around, pushing her back against the side of Glaceon as she pushed with her legs against the floor, trying desperately to push him. Glaceon being easily the heaviest of the rangers with his clunky mechanical suit, this amounted to, a whole lot of wasted effort.

With a frustrated "Hmmm," Leafeon finally gave up, now making her way over to Jolteon. "Heeeey!" she called, waving her arms in the air so as to draw Jolteon's attention.

"What?" he asked, turning, already being much more responsive than Glaceon, "You don't need to shout and jump around, I'm not blind and deaf, y'know."

Leafeon looked away for a moment, embarrassed that she was so quick to assume this'd go similarly. "Well, I mean, everyone else is still fighting, and, they could probably use your help." she said.

"Pfff, sorry, Leafy, but, I'm just, done. The day a monkey with the power of a raging volcano in his hand is bested by a bag of cookies is the day I lose faith in... well, I'm not entirely sure what I've lost faith in, but I've definitely lost faith in it. Whatever the secret to beating the monkey's buddy over there is, it's pretty clear I don't have the right mindset to figure it out, because, I mean, just, cookies, and... just, I just can't even, I can't. I may be the silly one, but I still prefer things to make sense."

If Leafeon's face was visible, she'd be frowning so hard right now. "He was going on and on about cookies, it was kind of common sense at that point." she argued.

"No... no, I don't think common sense had anything to do with anything today." Jolteon quickly retorted.

Frowning so damn hard.

Fortunately, however, Jolteon was considerably lighter than Glaceon. So much so, in fact, that he was quickly found lifted over Leafeon's head, and quickly sent flying in Glaceon's direction. "Yeah," Jolteon mused, sounding far more calm than you'd expect of someone flying headfirst through the air towards their heavy, metal-clad buddy, "common sense definitely decided not to turn up today." With that, Jolteon then collided into Glaceon, taking the big lug completely off guard as the duo went rapidly rolling from the momentum, heading straight for the back of Lord Ned (as well as anything that may be in the way, like, say, someone who's so fired up that they went sliding through Ned's legs to come out on his backside).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 am 

The flame grazed Lord Ned's chin as Flareon slid under his legs, flinching for just a moment. But Vaporeon and Eevee both saw their chance. Eevee instantly leaped into action, giving Lord Ned a fierce knee to his reptilian snout, as Vaporeon spun, whipping together a strand of water that forced it's way into his torso, violently shoving the dinosaur forward when combined. Just as planned...because they sent all of their force to throw Lord Ned right into the oncoming Glaceon/Jolteon!

The resulting pileup of three Rangers and a dinosaur was loud and practically explosive, but what was important was the fact that Lord Ned was shot way up, away from any of the other three. A clear shot.

"Espeon!" Vaporeon shouted. "Fire now! Aim to send him in the portal! Hurry, before he recovers!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:57 am 

Aw crap... Flareon tried to twist himself and do all kinds of really awesome maneuvers to avoid the fact that there was a dinosaur coming from one direction, and two Rangers - one of whom might as well, as far as Flareon knew, have been a man-shaped hunk of steel - from the other. But the fact of the matter was that thanks to his previous evasive attempt, he was in the air and there was no amount of quick badass thinking that was going to move him anywhere at all. Whether he didn't commit the specifics to memory because it was such a horrible mess or because of shame would never be known, but as the three forces collided, there was definitely a moment where he was momentarily gripped beneath the tyrannical tyrannosaurus' legs, as Lord Ned spasmed from being hit with a stream of water in his center, and had an arm and part of his helmeted face gently caressed by the reptile's tail - this just isn't right - before the combined forces mercifully shot the four individuals apart.

"Now see here-" Espeon began, because it was his job to give out orders and, furthermore, he was totally going to do that anyways. However, for the sake of stopping evil in its tracks, he choked back whatever he had planned to say - although he was definitely going to incorporate it into the next teambuilding seminar - and pointed one hand out at Lord Ned. "Lord Ned!" He gripped every finger but the one pointing at the enemy. "It looks like I'll be serving you up," The aggregated stones, numbering four now, pulled back slightly and began to vibrate. "On the rocks!" To punctuate this, all four rocks came barreling through the air at the dinosaur, aimed at a trajectory that was intended to batter him through the portal that he'd opened on the roof.

Everything about this sucks, Flareon thought to himself as he hit the roof and bounced a little until he came to rest after thudding against the parapet at the edge of the roof.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:29 am 

"Man, even I think that was awful." Jolteon commented at Espeon's one-liner. He said that, but in the end, he was still laughing.

Glaceon, meanwhile, was holding his head, shaking it slightly as he tried to regain his bearings from, just, all of that. As he looked up to see what was going on, though, he stood up, holding a hand over his visor to keep the sun out of his eyes as he watched the team's work come to fruition.

Leafeon, meanwhile, was off talking with Silvor, the two slowly walking toward the portal as they spoke. "So, from what I gather, you guys really wouldn't work well here. I mean, don't get me wrong--this place is great and all, I think you just got a bad first impression, but I really don't think it'd work well with what you guys want. Just people loving on their pets, having friendly competitions now and again, not really a place of building weaponry and stuff." Leafeon explained.

"Hmmm." Silvor pondered, his mouth full of those cookies he had gotten earlier. Finally, he spoke, crumbs spewing out with every word, "I 'unno, da boss waf reawy se' awn 'akin' da firs' pwace we foun'. 'asides, I'wm suwe we coul' learn ta love pe's! Theyah aww cute 'n' fwuffy, who coul'n't? 'N' I'wm suwe peopah woul' learn ta love Lawd Ned in retuwn, jus' 'akes 'ime."

"Hmmm." Leafeon pondered in return. "I dunno, I really have my doubts about that. I mean, we have big scary lizards, but... a talking one with a laser sword, ruling over us? I really don't see that going over well." she replied, seeming a bit disappointed. "And before you argue--I think I have something that could change your mind." she went on, her voice now quickly turning excited as she giggled slightly, pulling out from behind her back... not one, but two more bags of cookies.

In return, Silvor's jaw dropped, an amazed gasp emanating as he gazed in awe at this gift. After a few moments of drawing in the magnificence, he quickly hugged Leafeon tight. "'han' hu, so mu', I'wll nevah forgeyt hu." he spewed out as tears formed in his eyes once again.

"I'll certainly never forget you, either." Leafeon replied with a slightly nervous giggle, lightly patting the monkey on the back. And... kept patting. This hug was really lasting longer than it needed to. "So... goodbye, then." Leafeon went on, lightly pushing on Silvor in hopes he'd get the hint.

He didn't.

"That's... I think your boss is leaving soon, you wouldn't want to miss him, would you?" she went on, trying her hardest not to make this any more awkward than it already was.

"Oh, yef, hu're righ'!" Silvor said, quickly spinning around as he ended the embrace, snatching the two extra bags as he ran off towards the portal, "Byyyyye!" he shouted as me made his way off.

Leafon, in response, just politely waved.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:42 am 

"Curse yooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" Lord Ned dramatically shouted in a most dramatic display of dramatic drama, shaking his fist and trying desperately to come back out of the portal. And failing, of course. It didn't help that Vaporeon and, to a lesser extent, Eevee basically kept throwing the minions or washing them into the portal. Soon, all of them, including Stiny, had been thrown back inside.

"All right. Jolteon." He turned to said electric buddy. "Gimme an electric blast at that portal..." He said, cooly waving his hand in front of his face and causing little sprinkles of water to appear. "...And let's end this." And with that, Vaporeon spun his arms about him, thrusting both palms forward with a burst of water at the portal. Once Jolteon fried it, it'd be done with, once and for all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:11 am 

"I GOF HU SIYR!" Silvor shouted, jumping up to catch Lord Ned as he come swooping towards the portal, only to be whacked in his burnt face by Ned's tail, sending him flying into the portal as the rest came coming along.

"Man, if it means we'll be done with this goof troop, sign me up." Jolteon grumbled as he stood up, snapping his fingers towards the water stream, firing an electric blast at it, "Dunno what kind of science we're working on, here, but hey, even if it doesn't break the thing, they'll have a nice taste of fried lizard on the other side."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:13 am 

And then the portal when KA-BLOOM and who knows what happened to Lord Ned and his friends IT IS TRULY A MYSTERY :ooooooooo

At least the roof is fine!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:29 am 

Espeon let his hand drop finally. He'd held that pose for longer than might have been strictly necessary, but that was just standard protocol when you unleashed the finishing move. At least, he was pretty sure what he had done constituted the finishing move, even if...well...there was a sense that this gang of evildoers had...essentially finished themselves. He shook his head. "No, I definitely got the finishing move. It was me." He muttered. Then he turned to the group. "Good work, team! I think we can call this mission accomplished!"

Cough.

Espeon turned to look at whoever would dare to ruin the end of mission congratulatory leadership moment, and was elbowed out of the central position in the Rangers for his troubles. "Oof! Excuse you!"

Flareon's visor hid whatever might have been in his eyes, but the scarf-wearing ranger was certain that there was a tired sort of stare behind it. He could see it in the way that he looked like he wanted to slump. "Everyone? I'm gonna just cut Pinky off here - good work, we did it team, yadda yadda. However-"

"Now, you listen here," Espeon's chest puffed out indignantly, "We need to bask in our accomplishments and, for heaven's sakes, at least do the victory poses that I've been trying to-"

"However."

"Fine." Espeon twitched. "It's clear you have something to say." He decided that as they were tanning themselves in the glow of victory, he could afford to be diplomatic just this once. Even to this pinhead. "By all means," He said somewhat patronizingly, "go on."

Flareon stared at him for a moment, and briefly contemplated swatting him. Thinking better of it, he continued, "However, there's something even more important than the fact that we won. One very special lesson we can take from this." He let that sit for a moment, and dusted himself off a little before resuming his speech. "That sometimes winning oughta be a special kinda...team bonding experience."

Espeon was somewhat stunned that Flareon actually knew the meaning of team bonding. It was almost a touching moment. As his scarf blew in the wind on the cusp of a meaningful point in time, Espeon dared to hope for a fleeting instant in his heart that perhaps Flareon had learned something after all the teambuilding exercises and this...ordeal.

"What I mean is," The red ranger began, fixing his gaze on each of his fellow rangers as meaningfully as was possible with an opaque visor on. He tugged on the wrinkles on the arms of his costume to straighten them out, holding one hand that had a slight fire in it up to the fur ruff of his costume's neck in order to dry it a little, before looking at them once more. Flareon took a few steps closer to Jolteon and Glaceon specifically, as what may have perhaps been an incredibly specific subtext to his message. He cleared his throat. "We are never talking about this again. Ever."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:02 am 

"Man, nothing beats a nice rest after a good fight! Especially when you pull out the moves like I do. Of course, I'm sure some of you know that firsthand."

It had been some time since the group of Rangers had made their way down from the department store roof. Espeon was the last down, of course. Now, they had emerged in their secret, underground lair: Specifically, the secret, underground lair in the basement storage room of the PokeMart.

The place was not exactly a superhero's dream, but the group had done their best to patch it up: Everyone had managed to get their own rooms, modified from old storage rooms, and with Jolteon's help some technology was able to get brought in: There was enough of a living area for their television and their radio, along with some minor crimebusting gadgetry...some of which had been kindly donated to the cause by Eevee. There was also a telephone: Erika, the city's gym leader, along with the local police department had both been given it, in case of emergencies. The lighting was a bit dim, but it was still plenty bright for someone to see around. Some storage for the owner's supplies was also kept around.

For now, however, Vaporeon simply removed his helmet and sat down on the couch in front of the television, stretching, his long and lushous white locks flowing out as blue eyes focused on the now-turned-on television. "Dibs on the remote." He said swiftly.

Eevee, on the other hand, was looking a bit sore. Really, he had been looking a bit sore since they got from the department store: probably from that beatdown Lord Ned had given him. He slinked over to his chair near the radio, flipping it on at a low enough volume so as not to disturb the television watchers, and reclined back, relaxing, resting a little without sleeping of course. It felt good to rest after a day of defeating evil, Eevee thought to himself. Always has, really...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:57 pm 

Jolteon took his own helmet off, his messy blond hair matching his suit quite well. Laying over the back of the sofa, he rested his head on the seat of it, his legs hanging over the back as he lazily kicked a single boot off. "Whatever your Vapid little brain wants, man." he carelessly addressed Vaporeon, "As long as it's not Sharpedo Week again. I mean, sure, they're cool and all, but if I have to hear about them being full of cartilage as if it's some new and amazing thing one more time, I'm going to make a Sharpedo entirely out of bones just to spite them."

Leafeon also took her own helmet off, as well as both of her gloves, neatly placing them against the wall in a little cubby. Her hair was considerably more tamed than Jolteon's, being brushed down pretty straight, being mostly tan in color with a few green highlights near the bottom--considerably moreso in a small braid she had going down, over her shoulder. She was apparently pretty into the whole earthy colors thing. With that done, she made her way over to Eevee, a concerned look on her face. "Hey, Evan," she called, "you alright? I mean, no offense, but you took a pretty nasty beating back there. You sure you don't need, like... to see a doctor..." She frowned, looking away awkwardly as she realized how silly that must've sounded before going on, "Or maybe even, just, like... a band-aid?"

Glaceon, meanwhile, picked up a book that was resting atop a crate in the corner. More specifically, a journal, with a locked strap and everything. He opted to keep the entirety of his suit on as he sat down in a chair by his lonesome, flicking a key out from one of his gloves as he unlocked it, turning to the last page, and began writing away, frequently pausing to consider his words.

I BET YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT'S IN THERE, HUH?? WELL TOO DAMN BAD. JOURNALS ARE PRIVATE, NOT FOR PEAKING EYES, YOU FILTHY VOYEUR.

Maybe later.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:05 pm 

"No, I'm fine, thanks." Eevee replied with offhand dismissal, flexing and rotating his arm a little, as if testing it. Definately painful...nothing broken, though, he could tell, probably no structural damage or tears. It'd be a lot harder to move if there was. "It's nothing a good night of sleep won't fix right up." Well, that and a hot shower. He thought to himself, continuing to tune and listen in to the radio, which seemed to be flipping between static and old time jazz. "I could use something to drink, though. Mind fetching me some water?" Tuuuuuune.

"Nah, I've got somethin' better than Sharpedo Week." Vaporeon replied, rapidly flipping through channels. "Actually been looking forward to it for a bit. It is about the impact of electric Pokemon on early inventors of the world. The way they talked about it, it sounds pretty fascinating." A sly grin. "Starts in 5 mins on PokeHistory."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:13 pm 

Espeon sat up on a box over off to the side of the living area, with another pair of crates set up as a sort of impromptu table. There was a binder set out on it that was opened and full of pages, with a quill pen laid awkwardly on the top of one of them. If one looked closely, they'd see that also on top of the page that wasn't being looked at was a receipt for a local flower store, covered with pen scratchings. In his hands, the lavender ranger was holding a thick looking book bound in orchid-colored leather, with the words in red - cardinal, if one had to know the hue, which Espeon certainly did - 'The Hero's Journey' inscribed on the front. He was flipping through it methodically, occasionally picking up the quill pen to scratch something on one of the thick black lines on the page he had his binder opened to - a worksheet-looking thing labeled 'Teambuilding Points.' Many scratched out alternative titles suggested that this worksheet had seen a fair amount of editing. For whatever reason, Espeon's helmet was still on.

"Not to put too fine a point on it, Eevee, but," He began without looking up from what was assuredly some inspirational reading, "You should probably get your own water if you're feeling up to it. You know how testy Flareon gets about imposing on his sister." Espeon stared up, or at least seemed to, over his book as he raised one hand in a plaintive, waving gesture. "Not to say that you're imposing," He turned to Leafeon, "He isn't imposing, is he?" The line between teamwork and careless imposition was a slippery one, after all. "But," He turned back to Eevee - since he hadn't removed his helmet, he had to make more obvious turning gestures to show who he was specifically speaking to. "He's difficult and doesn't listen when I tell him things. Never listens at all. If he even knows what listening is... Point is, just...well," Espeon buried his face back in his book, "You get the point, I think." The rangers didn't exactly need a repeat of the silverware incident.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 pm 

"It's fine, it's fine!" Leafeon insisted with a smile, "I could go for a drink of water myself, it's no trouble getting two." Before anyone could argue any further, she had already set off to obtain the water.

Jolteon couldn't help but lightly chuckle from excitement at such a prospect, grinning widely with his upside-down smile. "Now that's a show I can get behind. Controller's all yours, Mr. Water Vapor."

Meanwhile, Leafeon was already back, rushing toward Eevee with a bottle of water (distinctly having only one, I might add) before quickly sliding to a stop as she offered it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 pm 

The television was soon tuned into PokeHistory...catching the last 5 minutes of Sharpedo Week before the next show began, of course. Vaporeon just leaned back, grabbing an empty glass from the nearby table and shooting some water into it, before sipping it a little. Life was good when you could make your own water.

"Thank you." Eevee replied, taking it...gulping the water down, really. The mouth of the helmet had opened for this to occur, but it was pretty much impossible to even see his lips, and it shut back up as soon as the glass had left. "...You forgot to get yours." He noted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next