Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 am 

4 posts in and it's already dead. Good game everyone. gg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:46 am 

College and other obligations are keeping me from writing the customary long intro post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm 

Its cool MK.

If you really need to, you can write a little bit of it at a time and then save as draft. (Save button being next to Submit.) Then after you save it, a Load button will appear next to Save.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:40 pm 

It doesn't help that I'm having trouble figuring out what to to write. Haven't rped in so long.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:12 pm 

We've mostly just been setting up what their life was like before they played sburb, along with how they get copies of the game/set up the game. You could establish everything you've said in your opening text on your Character sheet. Have a post about how he has to dodge traps everyday, interact with his guardian, read books in different languages, and whatever high class web entertainment is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:02 am 

So the impossible happens and we're taking falcon's advice to go on with the RP without introducing everyone. I approve of this since I haven't had time to do a fancy introduction post because of work, lack of sleep, and Guild Wars.

After all, waiting for people to post has destroyed not one, but two metaworlds in their entirety. So Move house without the sheep.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:05 am 

Yeah, I figured I'd get to posting some since I have quite a bit more that I was wanting to set up.

Or I might just do it all in one post to get to the point where both my characters are waiting to enter the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 am 

rax is withholding all sex until i make this post because we dont want to confuse people or whatever

i posted about two sites in one of my posts, two sites that everyone has to connect to i guess. !#%$.com and 815SBURB.TFR112.ORG. you can connect to them in any order. 815SBURB.TFR112.ORG will allow your chat to connect to the OMEM chat, and !#%$ will finish syncing your game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm 

Okay so, I hate to do this, but I'm gonna have to leave the RP.

Time is at a premium right now, so my now limited free time is being stretched to it's limits. That free time is taken up by a multitude of hobbies, some of which I enjoy more than others, so I'm having to cut some of them out for the sake of more fun things.

So I'm gonna have to ditch the Homestuck RP. While I think it could be fun, I don't have the time or willpower to put the effort into it. It's also a hobby I haven't enjoyed in a very, VERY long time. I shouldn't have to try to re-learn a hobby when I have other things I'd rather be doing, because at that point it becomes a chore. I'd rather put my time into things I enjoy now instead of investing time in things I think I might enjoy in the future. Heck, I'm not even good at RPing, so I'd probably just ruin it anyway.

This isn't the only project/hobby I've had to ditch either, so yeah.

I might still do Casual RP's, but when it comes to RP's that require the effort of plot and character development, I'm gonna have to pass. I figure I should ditch the Homestuck RP early before I leave some massive plothole or character thread. Since I've only made one intro post and haven't had Ron talk to anyone yet, you could easily delete it and either go on without him or get someone else to fill the space.

At any rate, I'm sorry about this. But hey, when I'm constantly trying to dodge doing a hobby, it's no longer a hobby, so I'm going to stop pretending it is one. Have fun destroying the universe! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:06 pm 

Alright, thats cool. Well, thanks for joining for that bit of time!

Since you haven't even really joined sburb yet in the RP, someone else could replace you easily.

So, whose up for it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:24 pm 

Clearly I should do it.

Totes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 pm 

Alright so, just post your character sheet in the form of what we have on the first page. You'll take MK1's spot in the connection order.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 am 

User: Ruki Motomiya
Name: Heather Miles
Chumhandle: taterSalad
Sprite: Her OLD COMPUTER + Her and her sister's DECEASED FATHER
Role: Thief of Time
Land: The Land of Sand and Glass
Associated Item: Charcoal
Guardian: Your beloved SISTER, a well known DETECTIVE. You admire her greatly!
Exile: Forlorn Pacekeeper
Weapon: pistolKind / watchKind
Moon: Derse
Denizen: Hephaestus
Consort: Sand based cool crocodiles. They move through the sand like water and are trapped in glass domes by Hephaestus.
Totem Animal: Crows
Color: You speak in a reddish-orange.
Stylladex: You have the Cluedex. The Sylladex gives you clues as to what the item is: If you guess correctly, the item is released. If you guess wrong you either get the wrong item or get put on a timer until you can try again. She can scroll through clues to try and find the item she wants.

Your name is HEATHER MILES. You live a PRETTY NORMAL LIFE with your SISTER, although you are pretty INDEPENDENT because she is often swamped with work from her work as a DETECTIVE. You hope to one day be as great of a detective as she is and have been STUDYING THE LAW and TRAINED WITH YOUR PISTOLS and WEAR A BADASS COAT A LOT. You think you're getting better at least! Your room is while not stuffed has a good amount of POSTERS plastered up consistently of FAMOUS DETECTIVES and BEAUTIFUL WOMEN and FAMOUS DETECTIVES, REAL OR FICTIONAL, WHO HAPPEN TO ALSO BE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN because LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING PRETTY IS GOOD and DAMMIT THERE IS CERTAINLY NO ALTERNATIVE REASON FOR THAT. You often keep your POCKET WATCH on hand thanks to your sister's habit of CONSTANTLY CHECKING IT and have sort of ADOPTED THIS HABIT AS WELL. Your closet is most certainly not full of SOFT, CUDDLY PLUSHIES. Definitely. YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE AT ALL. Your chumhandle is taterSalad(Your sister's favorite meal, another thing you picked up from her) and You speak like a normal person, with a few typos and grammatical errors but largely being proper. *However, the dame has a tendency to slip into narrating what she does like an film noir movie* and speaking her mind without thinking around people she is particularly comfortable with.

(As an FYI you should all add in your associated item since it's grist related. Also due to the entrance order thing should Cloe and Heather know each other or something or?????? Also I just wanna say this was a lot of fun to make! A lot of kudos to my friend Tav for helping with this.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 am 

oh, i hadn't thought about associated grist.

bluh, more things to choose

But yeah, you don't need to know Cloe, since the way the game works is that you're connected to a random game (this one) and then added to a chat group with your co-players.

The links needed to do so are in Mecha's post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

I should probably mention formally that I am still in the RP.

I just don't think the inclusion of a biography would be prudent to a first guardian role, since their whole system is to be MYSTERIOUSLY VAGUE. I'll be throwing my hat in the game soon enough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next