Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:40 am 
Site Admin

Since I like the option of being both a Chekhov's Gun vendor and a purveyor of fine goods, let me know if you want the shop to actually have anything in specific. Don't be too outlandish like "HE HAS A KEY THAT WE'LL ROB" or "HE HAS SATAN THAT WE'LL ROB".

You know, basic stuff that you'd like to play around with later on or stuff that you think you'd need from a story standpoint, like the oranges.

I live to serve by the sea, you sea-ferrying !#%$.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 pm 

I figured some music might be fitting.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:33 pm 

me waiting for posts

where are they

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 pm 

GEE, MECHA, YOU GOT THIS GUY NAMED MECHA, BUT HE'S JUST A DETECTIVE AND THERE'S ANOTHER MECHA, AND THERE'S YOU, SO THIS ALL JUST LEAVES ME WONDERING

WHO'S JACK?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:06 am 

shut up no one is jack

everyone sit down and learn something you !#%$ morons

Okay so, Mecha, the robot, is basically like, the original. He was ejected into 'the old world' where he tailored and cultivated life to a point where it could destroy itself, etc.

Before he was banished, he was a God like his sister, Mi, who is the goddess Mia that everyone keeps praising. There was this whole thing where there were things that were bad, and lots of Gods died, and Mecha was to blame for it, etc etc.

Maybe if anyone is actually interested in that part i'll go over that. Moving on.

After Mecha was captured, they split his soul up into 3 segments to severely weaken him. Soul splitting doesn't exactly work like math though; you can only really fragment a soul. So, basically there was Mecha, and then two way smaller chunks of his soul.

Then they banished him, and when he entered the world it was made viable for life, and he created beings to live on planets, etc etc.

What happened was, when he entered the world, he managed to keep ahold of one of the fragments of his soul. The other fragment was lost to the ages, and was 'passed down' through people. It invaded their bodies and made them basically incredible warriors, or great leaders, or whatever.

Fast forward to the current area, and Mecha is MIA, but we know he is still technically alive, because the Detective is here. The Detective is that soul piece manifesting itself in a body. If Mecha were completely gone, that soul fragment would not exist.

The other soul fragment has also been used, and when we get to that person then I guess I could explain it. If people want. Its pretty interesting. no one cares

But yes.

Mecha = Main Soul + Spirit (Chaos)
Detective Mecha = Normal Human Soul + Soul Fragment (Curiosity)
??? = ??? + Soul Fragment (Passion + Kindness) + ???

So while the Detective is TECHNICALLY Mecha, he is a completely different person, and they all have their own lives and emotions and etc.

The spirits are their own post too, when and if people are interested in knowing more about them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

So John now has a slave with some weird collar...how do they work, Mecha???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:36 pm 

look at this dumb !#%$, asking me to explain things I already explained. ALRIGHT HERE WE GO GUYS

Okay so, it starts with a subspecies. Anything that isn't human, but is humanoid, is considered a subspecies. All demons are also considered part of this group. Humans cannot be collared, it is impossible.

The actual event of collaring has been detailed in this post, but for falcon's poor brain capacity, I will go over how the process exactly works.

A subspecies that is considered to have 'sinned' is brought into the church. It doesn't matter what the sin was, it could even be for existing. They are locked into a hoisting mechanism, which raises them up to the Statue of Mia that exists in every Church. The Statue judges each soul, and determines if it is a subspecies or not. Then, if it is, it receives a collar.

There are actually several different kinds of collars, but the basic one is the one you would receive from the collaring ceremony. The different kinds of collars were created to control the slaves better, like during times of war, or other situations.

The most advanced collar to date is the SOTECH™ MK. I Slave Restraining System Regulator™. It gives the enslaved complete control over their emotions and feelings, and gives them the choice of free will and action. Really, the only function of the collar is to provide ownership, and some other built in features, like real-time "gps" and "messaging" among other things. The most the collar does is give the slave a heightened sense of loyalty, and slight suggestive impulses to follow orders.

After being collared for the first time, a slave will usually instantly be sold off. If they cannot be sold, they will be brought to an island off the coast of the main church island, where they are held like cattle in massive 'barns' until the Church can find a use for them. Their lives frequently end in these holding areas.

If they are lucky, then they will be equipped with a different collar. Generally, it will be a War collar, or a specific Work collar, like Merchant, or Smithing. These collars implant basic blueprints into their minds, and they follow them mindlessly. Their work is generally acceptable, if barely. For instance, a Slave brewery exists, but the Ale they produce is merely decent, and is sold at an incredibly low price to make up for that fact.

The SOTECH™ slaves are the most rare, only numbering in the hundreds because of how unique the collar is. It only works for people who actually are willing to be accepted into the program.

The key system is pretty basic for any collar except the SOTECH™ collars. A simple key is created out of the wearer's soul, and is kept hidden away 'somewhere.' Uncollaring your own slave is considered an act of treason, and is met with death with no trial.

The SOTECH™ key is way more complicated than that. The two keys that are created do not contain the wearer's soul, but are just simple keys. The unique part comes in the massive, spiral lock that seems to vanish into the slave's body. Which doesn't make sense in the first place, with how thin the actual collar is. The key for that lock is hidden deep in the Church, and is a massive rotating screw-like key that is inserted into the back of their neck. The key is 14 feet long, and the unlocking takes up to 3 hours as the key rotates slowly to avoid breaking any of the fragile metal parts. The key is slowly inserted all the way, all 14 feet vanishing into the collar somehow.

No SOTECH™ MK. I Slave Restraining System Regulator™ has been unlocked yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am 

Gee Miharu sure was super wanted. Does just practicing magic make you worth tons of monies? What did she do to be worth all the bells?

And what's all this about the Church having its own form of magic now that's just silly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:19 am 

Miharu was considered an enemy to all mankind for things she never did, but couldn't disprove. A lot of massive monsters did huge damage to islands and trade ships, and Miharu always was the one who went out of her way to strike them down. But, no one ever saw her beat them, all they ever saw was her.

So, people started (incorrectly) putting two and two together, and eventually she became a huge person of interest. The last huge appearance was when she caused a huge grouping of dragons to disperse from a large group of Church slave ships, only to be spotted flying over the burning ships.

Her bounty jumped from five hundred thousand gold to a ridiculous number that day.

-

The Church started confiscating magic and outlawing the practice of traditional magic after they realized just how powerful it really was. They didn't want people to realize that, even though magic was hard to learn, traditional magic was far easier to use than any alchemy.

Not ones to shove their own heads completely up their own asses, they worked with some of their in-house wizards, and developed Magic Syllables. What they are is little bands with preset spells that a user will wear on their wrists. When that spell is needed, they just read the words off of the band, and that particular spell will be cast. They are incredibly dulled, significantly weakened forms of magic that are very popular because of their ease. The Church gets a large amount of money from their sales.

Real magic users are few and far between now, because of the lack of magic books and material. Artifact Enchanting is another form of this magic, where a powerful magician will enchant a treasure for the user to use with a preset phrase. Just like the bands, but it's more powerful because it's created with one person in mind, and not a mass market.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 am 

dear mr mecha

what is magic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:11 am 

magic is the stuff dreams are made out of, and little kids get to wish for candy before they go to bed or whatever

In reality, magic is based off of different things, but usually generates from the Planet itself, and the forces that inhabit it. Water, fire, earth, wind, all the usual captain planet !#%$. There's even one for HEART.

Magic comes in different varieties, so lets go down the list

There's Old Magic, magic that existed when the world was created. This is the magic that Miharu used, and the magic that is now forbidden to learn and teach. This is also the same magic that the Kid is learning. Old Magic is the most potent and dangerous form of magic, simply because of how hard it is to master. But, there isn't really a limit to what you can do with it, so it's the best one to learn.

The Church's rip-off, which I just explained.

Dancing Magic was based off of Old Magic, but is cast through the body. Emotions, sensations, traditions. This is what powers the Dance. There are limits to what you can do with Dance magic, but it is also easier to cast in a group with it. There isn't any chanting of spells needed. Just dancing. As an aside, its actually very common for the Dancers to generally only be women, but there are several exceptions.

Dragon Magic, which isn't really magic at all, but more of a song. Dragon Magic is considered the most powerful, but the most limited, seeing as only dragons can cast it. No one really knows what moves the forces behind the song.

And lastly, Artifact Magic. Basically, items that lay around magic sources for long enough pick up a magical charge, and a random magic effect. Kinda boring, but whatever, it exists and I need to document it so no one calls me out later.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:55 pm 

wait so

we didn't even need the keys?

Cas just needed to touch the door?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 pm 

No, actually. The spell on the door would have prevented Cas from just exploding it. Cas' curse only worked because the magic was broken by the keys being used.

the more you know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:41 am 

thats good.

for a second i was like

'it was all pointless....'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am 

Well, I mean, technically, it was all pointless.

Sure, we're bloody rich now, but, but, BUT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next