Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:01 pm 

Sarah snorted, pointing at the Reaper's bosom again, noting the lack of bounce. "You could just leave those hanging out hon. I barely know what modesty is anymore to begin with." Sarah waved one of the white wisps away from her face, frowning at the abundance of formless souls, and the lack of places for them to go. "Well, this is step one complete. Hell has opened again, and lost souls will start flocking here. Reaper, I'll be counting on you to keep bringing groups of souls in while we rebuild."

Sarah turned to her daughter, waving her over. "Right, so, now we choose deco...." She paused, frowning. "Ah." Sarah looked up at the ceiling of the cavern, and made a circle with both of her hands, carefully expanding the circle. As she did so, the roof of the cavern opened wide, showing the night sky to the group.

And the beginnings of a lunar eclipse.

"Oh." Sarah looked over at Caitlin, and then made a sheepish smile. "Ah, but, we can ignore that, right? Haha! Let's...uh. We can, like...choose walls! And...fire...skulls?" Sarah looked over at the Reaper, grasping for words. "Ahaha, right?...Heh? Help me out here!"

-------

Hope quickly yanked off Lina's pants, eager to get to the main event. She paused though, looking down at Lina's adorable white panties, noting the little bow on the side of her hip. Hope ducked her head down, making sure to spread Lina's legs slightly further apart as she inspected the tiny sodden cloth. She could see right through it, every last detail. Hope carefully ran a finger down Lina's inner thigh, stopping just short of the line of her panties. Poor Lina was practically thrusting towards Hope with every touch, her face giving a look that told Hope everything, that she was begging to be brought over the edge, to end this insanity.

Hope gave Lina one last grin before she ducked her head out of sight, kissing the inside of her thigh, higher and higher, until...

She tugged on the bow, and tossed the undergarments aside, her head sinking back down. She had to keep a firm grip on the very lively girl, making sure to use her free hand liberally while the other continued to pry Lina's legs apart.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

The Reaper leaned onto her staff, a chuckle eminating from the hooded figure.

"You know, as much as I am happy about the relief, I would rather not have to deal with a world massacre so soon." She looked at the sky for a moment. "I assume that's what this indicates, at least."

This Reaper lady is pretty sassy to her superiors.

---

Lina moved her hand over her chest, her breathing rapid and her body glistened. "Please...Hope...I..." Her legs slowly opened to give Hope what sh-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

She moved her hand over her mouth for a moment, and in a low tone whispered, "Oh, no."

"Hope? Are you okay in there?"

John.

Oh no. If he finds us in here, he'll...

....oh no, Hope's mostly in control of the situation and if she were t-

OH NO

---

"Do you know anything about the 'moon'?"

Vanessa turned her head towards the stone as she asked this question. The figure shook her head. "Not really. Just that only holy people can see it. Not really much about it I'm aware about."

"Dear, you're an all-knowing stone. You're telling me you don't know anything about this?"

The figure shrugged. "I can only know what is of the capacity of a human being to know."

"I...I know that." Vanessa frowned. "I just want some indication of...something I can use."

"Wellll..." The figure floated in the air, a look of pondering on her face. "Oh! I know! We know about planets and stuff. Maybe the moon is like a planet!"

"...maybe." Vanessa smirked. "All-knowing stone says 'maybe'."

This made the figure huff and make a face. "Hey, I'm trying, alright? Unless it's related to alchemy, I have nothing." She frowned.

"Can you sense magic or anything?"

"Oh, there's something magical about this event. No doubt about that."

"...I mean if you know what it's going t' do." Vanessa clarified.

"Nope." The figure shook her head, smiling. "Nothing, really."

Vanessa sighed, tossing the figure of the fifth mystery person in the air and carefully catching it each time. "As much as I hate this, I guess I gotta work with what the old man said. No looking at the moon." She stood up. "I better let the crew know, as well."

The figure floated behind her a little, tilting her head. "You think something's about to happen?"

"No doubt, and I want manpower for it." Vanessa said, walking out of the room.

Something of note, the woman in the bed had mysteriously disappeared once the stone started to do its mysterious little thing. I wonder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:53 pm 

"Yes something like that I'd imagine," Caitlin grumbled, putting her hand against the side of the throne as she put her weight on it. "Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually okay with not having a moon now. Suppose I should head back to the ship now, unfortunately." She leaned forward slightly to glance at her father who stood on the opposite side of the throne, only to see Steg waving a hand at her spasticlly. "If you want to come with then you're driving. Shall we reschedule for another time then, Mom?"

Gene had whipped out his sunglasses in the meantime, placing them securely over his eyes before glancing up at the moon. The little LED squares began to spin in a slow white spiral as the man wearing them silently seethed. He had unfinished business with the one up there, and he intended to finish it. Though he didn't think he'd have to so soon! 'Suggestions on the fastest way up there, anyone?' he thought in his head, obviously to the other two listening in on his mind. 'Seems to be time to give Source that punch, after all.'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:27 pm 

Sarah dismissed the reaper's childish comments, waving a hand at her. But in the end, she was forced to agree. Sarah leaned forward slightly, waving another wisp out of her face. "Right. This was nice bonding and all, but mommy is going to need to heal for a bit." She reached down onto her arm, peeling off another piece of burnt skin. "Amber did a number on me, and..." Sarah looked down at Gene, who was giving her a look. "Shush you. I know I can heal by myself under normal circumstances, but holy magic is different. Not even Captain Klutz over there can help me right now." Sarah shifted in her seat, then looked down at all the wisps settling on her chest, shooing them away. "Little formless perverts. Anyway," Sarah pointed at her daughter, "You will be fine. You've got enough of your father in you to let Steg heal you. Luckily. More human than I am, etcetera. I'll stay down here and heal. With all these tiny !#%$ floating around, I'll be able to replenish my power and force my healing. When that Inspector arrives, I should be back."

Solid plan.

"I suppose we should reschedule, yes. Perhaps sometime after you finish your encounter with the Inspector?" I wonder how long that might take.

Deep inside Gene's mind, a similar conversation was occurring. That feminine voice was speaking again...'We need you to stay on this planet. Up there, you will be exposed to anything She may have planned. She'll be expecting you to leap up there, to confront Him. None of this is happening how we predicted it, this is all wrong.'

That...is disconcerting, actually.

------

Hope's ears flipped backwards as the knock echoed, and her entire body rocked against Lina's when John talked. This....this wasn't fair. She looked back down at Lina, who had a look of absolute terror on her face, her hand over her mouth. She looked back at the door, a sharp shudder going through her lower body as she thought back to her night with John. This really wasn't fair for Hope. She looked back down on Lina, and then grinned at her. God, that grin, hng.

"I'm sorry Master John, but I must request some privacy. My day has been long, and I have...important matters to tend to right now." Hope ducked her head down, not even waiting for John to go away, as she began to work on Lina, who was so wound up at this point she shook with each touch.

Poor John, everyone is ignoring you right now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

The Reaper slowly walked around the small chamber's many holes where a few inquisitive souls peaked their heads. She moved her hand down and gently guided them out.

Mother and father and daughter and reaper and uncle need their kind-of alone time.

---

John frowned slightly. He thought he heard some shuffling in there. "Well, I didn't mean to intrude but don't stay up too long. And just...sleep well."

He slowly walked away from the door, as Lina finally let out a stifled groan. "You are...are....hnn..."

This continued for a while.

--

John walked into his own bedroom, holding 'his' magnificent spellbook in tow.

Slowly he flipped through the pages. "Hmm....it's an eclipse at night. I know there's a few accounts for an object in the sky that only holy people would see..." He moved his hand over to a small notepad, writing down a few things.

He knew by instinct not to look at an eclipse, but one at night is definitely a new one. Maybe Miharu would be able to see such an object and catalog it.

....nah, she's the opposite of holy. Still, she'd at least be aware of it, right? Maybe she manipulated a holy man to tell her everything about it. Or maybe she could see it and she was the holiest person in the world. Or maybe it's magic-based, who knows.

He attempted a few lines of reasoning, at least. He asked the book for anything related to this specific object. Curiously, he also decided to ask about gods, specifically describing the woman he just met that evening, seeing if the book had anything related to the woman who was Caitlin's mother.

In another world, the writer above me is really annoyed at these questions that must be in-depth for characters yet probably already covered months ago.

---

Vanessa had already returned after ordering everyone inside.

It was a long hassle to do so and Shin in particular was very adamant about not being able to see such a spectacular sight, but just assume she ruined him with a pun about socking it to him and he was brought down below deck in the throes of wreckage.

The figure popped up behind her when she closed the door. "So now what?"

"We wait, like we were 'told'." Vanessa said, sitting down in her chair.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:45 am 

"O-oh, yes. Sometime after that, yeah." Caitlin scratched the side of her burnt face, looking away from Sarah idly. It sounded like Sarah would be cutting it close, which worried the good captain. Though to be fair, it was just a few days ago they were sailing the seas and being at odds with the Inspector without the help of immortal godlike beings. Perhaps having family around was starting to soften her up? Well that won't do! Punching the Inspector square in the jaw was now a priority to reassert of position as top badass of the seas. Walking across the platform the throne rested on Caitlin punched Steg roughly in the arm, grinning at him with her fried face. "Come on Uncle. I haven't got all day." Rubbing his arm Steg frowned, but gave a small nod as he grabbed her shoulder at teleported the two of them out of the cavern.

Leaving Gene.

He continued to stare up at the eclipse behind those strange glasses of his, crossing his arms angrily as the voice replied to him. "That's not what I was hoping to hear," he uttered aloud, probably catching Sarah's attention for a brief moment before she remembered that, yes, Gene was looney. 'There's two precautions that are getting into position though, correct? That's something, I suppose...' Lowering his arms he clenched and unclenched his hand for a moment, finally turning away from the moon. 'If they work, at least. Otherwise things will be much livelier down here.'
Approaching the throne Gene bent down from the side, poking his face in front of Sarah's view. "Hey there, beautiful." Probably not the best time for that one. "I'm getting out of your way now and heading back to the ship. Can you do me a tiny favor though?" He indicated at the hole she had made with his thumb. "Close that up until that moon goes away? Thank you. If you need me you know how to reach me." Before she could protest he gave her a quick peck on the forehead, stepping away as he too left the cave in an instant, a small spark of electricity fizzling away where he was a moment earlier.

---

"Uuugh." Caitlin steadied herself as Steg and she appeared on the deck of the ship, moving a hand over her stomach as she felt its contents shift around. "I hate all that instant-transport nonsense the lot of you can do. How do you keep your insides where they belong doing that?" Steg shrugged "Wonderful. Let's go poke in on Sunny and see if...uhhh..." She paused, holding her hands up as she looked them over. "Well, after we make me not the thing of nightmares."
"That's possible?" A voice replied from behind. Sotas'.
"Oh SHUSH you!" The captain spun around, wanting to elbow her so badly but knowing she'd have to bend on one knee to do it right. "I'm back for a second and you're already snappy. Humph! ...I suppose that's why I like having you around though. Now, I want all hands below deck until this eclipse thing blows over. Nobody is so much as to acknowledge that thing is up there, understand?" As she issued the order Sota gave a half-hearted salute, looking both ways at all the people on deck (Zero. Zero people were on deck). Sota then scurried away down stairs and out of sight as Steg began to do his healing thing while the two walked over to Sunny's room.

---

Gene sat himself on the edge of his bed, folding his hands together as he stared at the wall ahead of him. While the moon was going about and doing its thing, he could only sit there and seethe. Why was he upset though? This was a chance for MORE REST! Yeah! Or he could bother that voice again. Yes, that seemed to be a thing he could do.
"So," he said aloud, relaxing his shoulders as he leaned back, moving his hands onto the bed, "I have to apologize about earlier. I was drawing from your strength without meaning to. That...wasn't my intention... Would you uhh...mind doing an actual introduction now? Or is that too dangerous as well with the moon out?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 am 

Sarah smiled lightly as she watched her husband vanish, and then turned to address the Reaper again. "Alright then, let's get this over with." She waved her arm, and her wounds instantly healed. "I hate lying to my family. I want to know how, exactly, Amber managed to seal off the lower chambers, and why I can't access them." Sarah glared at the wall, a sealed door taunting her with its hideously complex locking mechanism, a door that hadn't been there previously.

Sarah groaned, looking at the stupid awful door. "If we can't get into there, how are we supposed to make enough room in hell for all these new spirit...s..." She looked around the room, noting how few souls there actually were. She also took this time to close the gaping hole in the ceiling. The roof looked slightly indented and weakened at that point. "Hm. You know, I feel like something is off about all of this. I really can't put my finger on it. There should be loads more souls here, but there aren't. It's almost as if they're being sucked out of here...like they found another place to go."

HMMM.

GOSH WHAT A HINT I HOPE SOMEONE PICKS IT UP

please

------

Sunny was, predictably, in her room, laying against Kimmy. It was more than a warmth togetherness, though. Sunny was curled up against Kimmy's chest, her head pressed up under Kimmy's chin. Kimmy, in kind, had her arms wrapped around the girl, and occasionally rubbed her back. Kimmy was still awake when Caitlin opened the door, and her face turned a bright red as Caitlin caught her mid-backrub.

This was, of course, when his royal mightiness jumped up to protect...no, he was still dead asleep. The best door guard. Kimmy looked over at Caitlin and whispered a, "What do you want, we're busy!"

busy being adorable hng~

-------

Gene wouldn't even get an answer. Right now, his head was full of static, and he quickly traced the disrupting sound back to his headmate Eris. Something was incredibly wrong with-

Knock knock knock.

Wow, who could that be at this hou-

OPEN

Oh, its Eris.

Oh god, she's naked.

The static sound was much louder from this point. Gene could barely hear himself think over that grating sound. Eris stood there before him, literally dripping on the ground as she stared at him with empty eyes. Gene would stare at the woman, noticing the demonic black thread pinned to her heart. Someone was fueling her hormones, for some reason. Eris' hand extended, and Gene felt his belt unbuckle itself and whip off of his body, slamming against the wall of his room.

Hm.

-------

Hope was wrestling with Lina, trying to keep the poor girl under some form of control. To her credit, she was still being incredibly quiet, but all this thrashing around was making Hope's job unbearable. Hope finally pushed Lina's lower body upwards, and mashed her face against Lina's groin, making Lina cry out. In response to this sudden inability to keep quiet, Lina grabbed a pillow and put against her face, biting into it as she squealed and moaned, feeling the flood building up in her body. Her back tensed up, and Hope braced the girl, right before...

Lina's face was frozen in a face that could only be described as pure release. Her body violently shook, and she could only manage a few quiet squeaks as Hope guided the beauty back down to earth. Hope reached up and removed the pillow, allowing Lina to just lay there, gasping for each breath, her entire body covered in sweat. Hope dragged herself up onto Lina, smiling down at the girl, her face pretty sodden at this point. That didn't matter to these two, though, as they lay against each other, panting, and embraced in a long kiss.

After they parted, Hope ran fingers along Lina's chest, smiling down at her. "You really shouldn't hide your body with those wraps. It's too beautiful for that."

-

The book divulged a few facts about Moons, and what they did to help the planet with tides and such. The book touched on a few facts, but didn't really specify why this moon was out of sight, or why it was appearing now. All it said was that this planet has always had a moon. Further down the page, there were a few lines in red text, detailing pages John could research this moon further. But, when he turned to those pages, he found that they were coded with a password. How annoying.

Wait.

If this is an all knowing book.

Could he just...ask it for....

It couldn't be that simple, could it?

Similarly, everything on the Sarah pages were password locked, as were pages on Gods.

--------

Pam stood in front of a blue barrier, frowning at it. She could stick her hand through it with no damage to her body, and that made her feel better about it. But, she was still uneasy. Why was there a second barrier? No one mentioned this at all. What even the !#%$?

Pam took a deep breath, and began dashing through it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 am 
Site Admin

The Reaper slowly walked behind her. The hooded figure was clearly upset about this development. "After so long, they immediately disappeared? How distressing." She gripped her scythe, slowly walking along with her.

Eventually, the Reaper spoke up in a more expressive voice than before. "How are you doing, my friend?" She looked over at Sarah, the frown still prominent as she felt like there was a lot she's missed. There's not a lot of people who would willingly befriend Death, but the Devil can certainly be one. "It's been so long. I would have come to you sooner, but...it was such a pain to walk through the world like that. And I didn't want to impose on your lovely daughter's hospitality. She most likely has her hands full up there, and I'm sure she wouldn't like death around so close." There was a tinge of sadness in her voice again.

---

Lina felt warm.

The warmth and afterglow of such an experience and all she had was warmth. She was too exhausted for any other sort of feeling. For a time, she kept herself steady and in control, out of habit. Most likely, she would have let loose a bit more if John wasn't next door.

"Mnn..." Lina brought herself up to Hope and gave her another well earned kiss. The odd mix of flavors there was-[redacted]

She breathed in a few times, watching her ferocious and tender lover for the evening as the hands and conversation idled over her chest. "Mn...I...when I was in training, it was really hard to keep them in check. Painful, even. I just felt it...better this way." She moved her hand to her arm, rubbing it slightly as she attempted to look away from Hope's gaze.

I...I don't know what to do now. What can you do after that?

What indeed.

---

John frowned, watching the journal. The glowing text was unfulfilling, and he just noticed he'll probably need James to set up a mousetrap.

He tapped the journal, then thought of something.

Miharu wouldn't...would she?

He sighed, brought up a notepad, and asked the book to speak the password for those pages.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:23 am 

"Ohhh I can sure tell you are," Caitlin teased, wagging a finger playfully at the child. "I was hoping Sunny could take a moment out of her very busy cuddling schedule to speak with my Uncle for a quick moment before I sent him on his way." As she looked over her shoulder to gesture towards Steg she stopped, seeing the man about ready to poke Heart in the forehead for no apparent reason. "Hey, none of that. Kid needs his sleep."
"But he's supposed-" poor Steg tried to defend his poorer action with a whiny tone to his voice, only to get shushed by Caitlin.
"He guards all day. Even the most perfect guards need to sleep sometime."

Unless of course they're THE perfect guard. Like Issac. Boy that guy would NEVER fall asleep while guarding EVER.

---

Gene was on his feet, but was unfortunately situated with his back to the bed. Not the best moment to have that there. He tried to take a step away from the door, but Eris raised her hand once again and Gene knew she wasn't going to have any of that. Unfortunate. Seemed his only options were the bed and approaching her.

Neither sounded good at the moment.

"Eris, what-" he managed to get out before his thoughts became clouded once again. Thinking could be a challenge occasionally for the young god, doubly so without Eris assistance.
'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSstopherwhileshe'sSSSSSSSSSSarahisgoingtokillyouifsheseeSSSSSSSeriouslyhotheywhynottrythiSSSSSSSSSSSSStrangesostrangegrabthatthingtakeitoutmustremovethatsaveEriSSSSSSSSSS'

Steadying himself he focused on the thread stuck to her chest, deciding that whatever that thing was, it had to go. He managed to get that far into his plan at least. How to remove it, though? Gene's mind was still putting the pieces together while his body decided to take action, taking quick steps towards the woman who was hungering for him. Placing a hand on her shoulder he gently ran his fingers down the side of her arm, swiftly gripping it as he grabbed the thread and pin with the other hand, giving them a yank away from her heart.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:11 am 

Sarah frowned at the door, running her fingers along the blue paint. "It feels...otherworldly. Cold, almost." Sarah shivered, pulling her hand back as she turned to address the Reaper. "Dear, my daughter may not be the best host, but she tends to extend a warm, welcoming hand to any member of our remaining family. Most of the time, anyway. I assure you she fears no Death." Sarah turned back to the door, running fingers along the paint. She noted that the edges of the paint were turning a deep red color, as if...

Oh.

"It's a gateway." Sarah's face went blank as she took a step back from the door. "Ah. That's where the souls have been escaping to. The other side of this planet. We...may be in some trouble here in a minute."

-----

Kimmy rubbed Sunny's back, turning away from Caitlin as her face turned an even deeper red. "She's...tired. She needs her-" Sunny snorted, nipping Kimmy's neck, who made a face and quieted down, looking back towards Caitlin. "Can't this wait?"

More quiet shuffling, and more cute adorable oh !#%$ theres a trident against Steg's neck and a very pissed off fish guard. He didn't say a word, but his trident dug against Steg's neck as he glared at both him and Caitlin. How dare they interrupt Sunny's sleep! They would pay for this horrible transgression.

-

Eris cried out as Gene touched her, and Gene himself felt overwhelmed with emotions, a deep longing for the touch of another. His wife was the first who popped into his mind, but another quickly took her place. The person who kept him sane so many years, the person who protected him and trained him mentally...the person who was desperately trying to unbutton his pants, completely forgetting that she had psychic powers while she fumbled with his stupid buttons.

But there was more. While Gene dared to hold onto this thread, he could see a vague image of the person on the other side. Some sort of...demon? She felt...familiar. But, there was something blocking his vision. No, not Eris' cleavage she was mashing into his face. Some kind of...barrier. She was wearing something around her neck that was keeping him away?

Maybe Gene could just...if he could reach his guitar...cut the thread...but she felt so nice...

---

Hope just lay against Lina, not really wanting to move much after their intense moment. If ever. But, Hope still had a great longing, a severe need to be loved the same way she had loved Lina. She made a quiet whining sound after a few more minutes of cuddling, slowly grinding against Lina's leg. "Lina...Mistress...please...I want to...have you with me, always. Please let me...have your scent...and your love."

Her voice didn't dare go above a whisper, but her hands were far more adventurous, once again returning to Lina's erogenous zones.

-

The single password for unlocking the entire book flashed up on the book, written in some weird squiggles John had never seen before. Luckily for John, the book auto translated it for him.

"MiharuRoxTaosSux"

What could be the meaning behind this mysterious string of characters? It didn't seem to be random, but...

On the side of the page, that settings gear popped up again. it gave John the option to enter the password permanently, saving a lot of hassle. There were a few more options, including one for...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 am 
Site Admin

The Reaper was preparing herself for whatever laid ahead, knowing Sarah's tone indicated something bad was about to happen, but continued her conversation anyway. "It wasn't her fear I was concerned about." Hm.

Her scythe was primed and ready as she kept close to her friend. "Do you happen to know what we may be facing shortly? As much as it'd pain me further, yet be a joy to you, I would rather guide those souls back to their rightful new home with haste."

---

Lina breathed in the hot air, moving her hand to Hope's face. "My...love?"

There was something...off about this. She was certainly very important to her, but...

"O-oh...scent...you'd be able to...hn-wait wait wait" She moved her hands to Hope's exploratory hands, keeping them from their primal destination. "You'd be able to...see me. Sense me anywhere...right?"

This may be a problem to her. To a ninj-...Blackguard, her ability to hide undercover was a boon. She would trust Hope with her life, but what if...what if someone were able to get her scent from her? She doesn't know the specifics about it, but it was a heavy risk. Could she take it?

Her face was full of doubt. Maybe she still needed coaxing.

---

"Huh. Guess she would. That seems ill-thought out." John looked over the password, tilting his head as he wrote it down. Taos seemed like a pretty important name for a character only a total dork would be.

He looked over and saw the gear. Maybe that meant engineering spells...pffff, what a joke. He knew that engineers don't get spells because they can't handle magic like real magic users, like himself totally.

When the option popped up about password protection, he decided to do that.

He looked down and saw an odd option: an odd sort of speaker crossed out with a checked box to the side. Curious, he decided to uncheck the box. Near the bottom was a button marked "INITIATE THE SETTINGS?!". John shrugged and hit the button.

"Alright, that's over and done with. Book, could you bring up the notes about this moon that were locked?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:00 pm 

"Hmph." Caitlin glanced over to check on Steg, who seemed to be handling the situation well enough. A nervous smile on his face as he lightly gave the tip of the spear pressed against his neck a light tap. Seemed just fine. "Enough, Heart," ordered the captain roughly, turning her attention back to the cuddling girls. "No, this can't wait. Tomorrow we'll be scrambling to keep the !#%$ from hitting the fan and I need my damn beauty sleep tonight. Either wake the kid up or...or I'll take your books away," she insisted as she crossed her arms, staring Kimmy down. The best parental figure, this one.

---

"Uh-mph!" At this point, one must wonder if the static or the cleavage is making it harder for Gene to think. Probably the static! Probably. Though Gene wished to get away from this situation, a small part of him really didn't. This turned him into a bumbling mess for a moment as he tried to step back and away from the psychic temptress, but forgetting about the bed that was right there caused him to fall back onto it. Thankfully he still had a hold on Eris' arm, so he pulled her down with him.

Wait no that's not a good thing.

His hand fumbled between the bed as Eris arm as he hazily tried to figure out what he was trying to do, the thread now atop his chest as well not helping the situation any. Finally he took hold of Eris' shoulders and rolled with her, now placing himself above her on the bed. This was, admittedly, not any better. At least he was away from that...thing! His brain was trying to tell him to do something about it. Strings? Slice? ...Slice the strings? Slice with strings?

...Gene got up and stumbled back away from the bed, holding onto his poor throbbing head. Wasn't he trained for something like this? Suppression emotions? Well he normally had a cold demeanor, so it couldn't be that hard for him to do! But that's not even something we'll have to worry about (For now at least), for Gene had now summoned his guitar. Before Eris could protest he step forward and swung at the pin, trying to knock it out or at least cut the string attached to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:42 am 

Descent

The Old Gods have overstayed their welcome. Overstepped their boundaries. Shaped a world they had no part in.

The New Gods are finally taking action...

---

Back on The Prancing Devil, Sunny recieves the necklace meant for her. After a quick ceremony, Amber appears one final time and unlocks all of Sunny's powers. The chance of Caitlin's face getting burned off in a freak magic related accident increase twelve-fold.

Meanwhile, Gene comes to find out the true cause of the above average amount of sexual incident occuring; upon cutting the thread embedded in Eris it gets tangled within the strings of his guitar, allowing him (by happen chance / accident) to get a bird's eye view of the string's manipulater. The source, as it turns out, happens to be Veronica. Using the excess of Hope's incoming heat, she causes others to go into lust. Though not necessarily her primary reason for doing so, Veronica is keeping Hope alive through this process. Gene sees Veronica with Urithsk, the former trying to keep her mind off the later's rock hard body with casual chitchat.
Veronica reveals that the New Gods are planning to purge the Old Gods from the world once and for all: using the newly aligned moon, they will release Source onto the world. When the Old Gods are weak from fighting him, they will swoop in and kill anyone not anchored to the world.

Being anchored to the world is as simple as being born in it, having a child in it, or having your line continue on in it. A problem for those from the old world, then, since Mi stopped creating souls.

Hoping for any more info of interest, Gene eavesdrops a little longer on the two. Veronica, as it turns out, is highly infatuated with Urithsk and tries coming onto him. Her attempts fail quickly as Urithsk at last admits to her that he doesn't like women.

---

The moon finally comes out. The sight would leave one trembling no doubt, seeing this strange new orb up in the sky with a big red spiral on its surface. Despite being warned, many of the crew members on the deck of The Prancing Devil stare up at the surface of the moon. Within seconds they...errr...do nothing. Nothing happens. The moon, despite the fears of many, turns out to be nothing more than just a very frightening looking moon.
...However...
Back in Locura, the moon was used to "defeat" Source. At the time there was an entire space station on it, and large rocket thrusters were installed into the satellite to move it if need be.
One of those rockets remained.

With the final rocket strapped to his back, Source rockets down to the planet. Reacting quickly, Sunny moves to intercept the monster before the good captain can even protest. The young Child of Light tries to use the full extent of her newfound powers and her body reacts violently to the attempt. She begins puking golden feathers and bleeds from every orface on her body. Source makes contact with the planet and drags himself up onto the ship. Strangely, no gods are around to stop his attack as Source begins to go berzerk on the crew of The Prancing Devil. Violet attempts to fight off the monstrosity and gets utterly defeated - Source grabs her by her one good arm and uses her like an axe to cut through the ship's mast, then slams her carelessly down to the ship's hull.
As Source makes his way to Captain Kil De'Moore, Sota confronts him. His rampaging instantly comes to a halt as he sees her. Source advances and tries to touch Sota's face when the little monster appears: Euri. She single handily incapacitates Source and then eats him. This finishes her viral evolution, and with a satisfied smirk she vanishes...

Somewhere at sea, a church ship sinks. Its precious cargo, a strange guitar, is never recovered from the wreck...

As the moon reveals itself, the strange door in Hell opens at last. Out of it steps none other than The Goddess herself - Mi, carrying the severed head of Pam. Sarah flies into a fit of rage as she tells Death to scram, withdrawing her scythe. The two women clash, but Mi hardly puts in any effort as she handily defeats Sarah. For some (no doubt twisted) reason Mi lets Sarah live and escapes through the hole in Hell's ceiling.
Her destination: Captain Vanessa Augustine's ship, The Conviction.
Mi enters the captain's quarters, coyly mentioning how she's heard a rumor about some measly trade captain wants to take over her world. As Mi prepares to dispose of Vanessa, The Old Man manifests himself into the room from the eyeball he had planted in the room. The two exchange words, Mi noticing the spirit missing from the Old Man, who responds by informing her it is now with Gene. Despite putting up an applaudable fight, Mi wins in the end and kills the Old Man. Feeling satisfied Mi leaves Vanessa's ship after some parting words, heading to another familar ship...

As the crew of The Prancing Devil begin to recover from Source's attack minutes earlier, Mi appears on the deck of the ship. After a fair bit of taunting and reveling in her power, Mi informs everyone just what exactly lies beyond the barrier. On the other side of the planet, for the past three thousand years Mi has been crafting a world of her own; shaping the lives and the believes of the people there, building up an army, and recreating her own brand of Sources.
Tired of hearing her crap, Rose takes a stand and pummels Mi for a minute before being beaten to the brink of death by The Goddess. In a desperate bid Rose uses some quick alchemy and sacrifices herself to permanetly negate Mi's immortality. Weakened and humiliated, Mi manages to retreat just as Gene arrives on deck to defeat her. Sarah arrives soon after, having dragged herself out of Hell.

As the day comes to a close, Sarah, Eris, and Gene sit down and have a talk. They realize Eris is not anchored to the world, and there's only one way to fix that...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:38 am 

Inspecteur

The Devil is cornered.

---

At last, The Prancing Devil exits Eddius Gap. In one room, Kimmy cares for the injured Sunny, while in another Gene and Sarah accept Eris into their family. She breaks down into tears, overwhelmed by the whole event. Issac continues telling Jesse how to be a man while avoiding Cevell, who seems to be the only chipper crew member this morning as she drags Alicia around the mess hall.
Before the ship can put any real distance between it and Eddius Gap, The Inspector's Ship appears from behind and just misses The Prancing Devil. Their dancer begins chanting and within an instant hundres of ships appear and surround the poor Devil.

Sarah makes her way to the ship's deck and amplifies the light rainfall to create a massive storm. She attacks the bows of the newly appeared ships directly, taking out many of the dancers. After such a spell Sarah finds herself weary and has to rest, and the remaining enemy forces close in. The Prancing Devil's crew get their act together and man the cannons, fending back the oncoming ships and even managing to down a ship before The Inspector recalls his forces.
The Inspector has his ship head towards Caitlin's vessel, and he alone boards the ship. Seemingly driven by his ego The Inspector draws his sword and challenges Caitlin to a duel. With a grin the good captain accepts, excited at the chance to finally have a true fight with her pursuer. The fight proceeds to disappoint her, however, as The Inspector seems more in the mood for banter than actually putting up a challenge. He draws the fight out, and Caitlin finds it easier and easier to land blows on her opponent while remaining unscathed herself. The fight ends with Caitlin disarming The Inspector and backing him into a corner. All seems to be going well.

Someone shouts for Caitlin's attention. As she turns her face is stricken with a look of dismay. The Inspector was no more than a distraction. During the fight Faith had snuck aboard and had taken Sunny, easily getting past Heart and Kimmy. Now she stood there on the deck, holding Sunny up high with a sword pressed along her throat. She gives Caitlin a very simple choice: surrender, or forfeit Sunny's life. Caitlin pleads for them to take her instead, but Faith laughs in her face. She belittles the dreaded pirate captain, taunting her. Heart tries to sneak attack Faith after recovering, but she shoots him in the chest. He falls overboard, and Sunny screams and cries as nobody is able to help him. Faith, not missing a beat with her taunts, then reveals...

She is the true Inspector. Zach never was. After Zach found her, she helped him climb the ranks in the Church's ladder until he became the Church Inspector. All the information Zach needs, Faith feeds him.
(For those who may be confused, this means that Faith is the next incarnation of the Detective line)

Thankfully Sota is in the crowd, and upon hearing this she acts swiftly, stepping into Faith's sight. Because of her affect on The Detective, Faith gets momentarily stunned just by the sight of her. Caitlin does not let the opportunity slip by and disarms Faith, getting Sunny away from her and nearly taking the woman's eye in the process. Snapped out of her daze Faith and Caitlin fight, the latter confirming that a Detective really is more than a match for her. As the two scuffle, the rest of the crew decide to intervene and go to help Caitlin before she can get rocked.
Assessing the situation Faith transforms into a wolf and is now easily larger than anyone there - even Issac's perfect physique is petite by comparison. She begins holding her own against the entirety of the crew on deck (Cevell's shotgun arm almost at risk of being chewed apart at one point!) as the ships come back to attack The Prancing Devil.

Things begin to look bleak when Mecha shows up. Those who came with Zach and Faith immediately drop to one knee in reference, recognizing him from legends of old. He raises his hand, and the world around them warps; The Prancing Devil splitting cleanly in two.
Sarah, Gene, Eris, and Sota find themselves far from the ship on another island. Sunny and Kimmy find themselves alone on a lifeboat a few miles from the site of the battle heading north. Heart emerges alone in the ocean, his wounds healed. His gift from The Oracle was a locket that would mend his broken heart, but only once. It worked in a literal sense, it seemed. The rest of the crew wound up in various parts of the world.

---

Cas and James finally wake up from their night of romance, and who should be there but everyone's favorite spirite: Chaos. Through tears Cas angrily yells at him, reminding him about her egg from so long ago. Chaos apologizes, but he was there for a reason it seemed.
This time, the egg would hatch...

---

"Caitlin is out cold. We actually got De'Moore."
"Zach?"
"Yes?"
"We missed catching The One again. As in, The One that actually mattered."
"I know, Faith."
"You know this was our last chance. They're going to hang you now."
"...We just need to come up with a plan."
"I already had one, just in case. That's the easy part, though..."

------------------

End of Act 1

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:35 am 
Site Admin

The quaint tavern of Sehn'ardor gets a lot of business in the evening. The nearby trolls who worked in the harbor were more than gracious to continue lining the coffers here, which helped continue the tavern's tradition of keeping a heavy stock. Famous troll ale lined the wall behind the hume-influenced bar: Vol'meister, Gin'jin, Drakengooze, Eagle's Rum, Scorpioness Lager, The Arrogant Troll, Shimai's !#%$, The Banshie Spirit, The Frozen Fairy, Crixalis' Reprieve, White Guano, White Guano-Strawberry, and the ever-popular Budd's Draft. When the trolls prepare their food, they do so with a barbeque spit located a few yards outside the tavern. The smell attracts all, from the trolls who desire a fine meal to the animals that would attack and become later meals.

It was a shining jewel of the troll culture: A mix of great troll symbols and silly human conventions that they didn't have much reason to attempt improvement on.

A few hours before Jerry's ship, the Y'manzo's Coffer, appeared in the harbor, an old man walked into the tavern. The man kept his face covered, hoping not to attract any unseen attention.

"Ahhhh, an' the gods granted me a unique customer today!"

The old man looked over to the bar, seeing the voice belonged to an older troll female. Her fangy grin seemed to exude a warmth that the old man hadn't felt for a few weeks.

"Hahaaa...welll, I dang'ol don't know about that. Talkin'bout me bein' unique just...just a copper coin in a sack of it from th' south, miss." The old man had an interesting way of speaking. To the readers, it seemed familiar and/or insulting.

"Ah, but yer a hume!" The female troll continued, reaching for a mug. "These places don't see much in ways a' humies. Dey pass by unknown most a da time."
Looking over the man, she whispered. "Yer not wit' da church, are ya? Dey say dey have ta' tell ya if dey are."

"Maan, I tell you what man, those church guys ain't me, man. Walkin' around, takin' whatever they want. Alls I wanna do is just...just fish, miss." He shrugged.

This brought a laugh to the female, as she walked to the back. "I like ya, humie. Ya tink like da trolls, so I treat ya like da trolls. First round's on yer lovely hostess." She gave the man a wink, causing the old man to chuckle. "What'll it be?"

The old man looked over the wall. "Wellllll...I'll try...the ol' Reprieve, miss."

The woman stopped and looked over at him for a moment, then shrugged. She grabbed the bottle and filled up the stein, handing it over. "Y'know, I'm guessin' yer not entirely up on th' troll culture, but-"

The man moved his hand up, smiling. For a moment, his voice seemed to straighten itself out. "I know exactly what it is." He took a long drink.

The Crixalis' Reprieve is a drink that, while tasting like an ordinary tonic, has a heavy bittersweet taste to it. It's not entirely uncommon to drink said beer normally for some people.

However, in their culture, Trolls usually save this beer for a special occasion;

The last hours of their life.

---

Reprieve

"She's what?!"

John was a disheveled mess. It was a few hours into the day after the moon appeared and brought about all that nasty business, but it was still enough time for John to not care at all about how he looks. He woke up early struck with inspiration. It couldn't have been because of his book, could it? Nah. Still, not only was he able to solve the demon fruit problem, but he did so in record time. Now the spiders were going to have access to clean fruit that was untainted.

In front of him was James, who was also pretty tired for different reasons entirely. He didn't look his best, but it was a far cry from how John looked, and James probably did more.

"Look, she just...she needs a place to stay. It's all...really, really complicated, okay? I..I want her to stay here."

To the side, Hope was no doubt tending to whatever Cas required. She was an excellent host and hugging Cas's belly for some reason.

Lina was to the side of the two brothers, seeming out of it as well. God, she was tired.

"We can't...we can't bring everyone on board the ship, James. And...and Cas tried to kill me once!"

"You kind of asked for it. She said so herself." James replied as he nodded once for affirmation.

"I was protecting myself. And she was going to eat you in retaliation!"

"Well, thank goodness I left a good first impression!"

Aside from them, there was a suppressed giggle from Hope. After that, there was a bit of an awkward silence. The two brothers eventually looked over at Lina.

"...what?" Lina sighed. "We almost have an inn available. It isn't like she doesn't have enough room to join us on the island."

"But..."

Lina interrupted John. "And if we had a dragon available, we may actually have a leg up if you-know-who shows up ready to kill us."

"Still..."

"And look at her!" She pointed over to Cas, who looked absolutely glowing. "You know and I know that you won't leave a poor girl like that to dry, especially since she means so much to James."

"..."

"Not to mention-"

"Not to mention I want this, too!" James said, pointing at his older brother with an angry look on his face. "It's always been your ideas with how we live our lives. You sold the potion that caused us to go on the run. You became the face of our merchant business after I created a super engine. You deigned to become this hitman in order to save me from death. You bought an island so that you can do your work without worry. It just felt like I was always a side benefit to things. Just...just a tag-along!"

"B-...but I thought you liked messing around with the ship."

"I love messing around with the ship, but...I just...for once, I want you to just agree to let me do my own thing. Let me have a say..."

The silence after this felt as thick as an alchemist's blue fog, a fog that was created specifically to be blue that had the added side effect of being thick as !#%$.

Finally, John moved his hand over his hair, sighing. "Alright...fine, she can take one of the inn rooms for her personal effects. I dunno if we can fit another person in our ship for living, though, but...ah, who am I kidding, you'll probably figure out something." He smirked. "Just...if it's what you want, I'm sure it'll be fine."

James' smile glowed like a furnace "Ahaha, thank you! The ship will be in tip-top shape, promise."

As James ran over to tell Cas the good news, John moved his hand over his eyes, sighing. Lina, taking that as her cue, walked so she was in front of John's view.

"So what now?"

John looked over at her in-between his hands. "What do you mean?"

"Well, we seem to have dealt with the spider issue quite rapidly. We now have another occupant on this rag-tag island of misfits. We're about to have a functional inn, and yet another person coming back to join us...hopefully."
She looked John up and down for a moment before continuing. "So what is the grand alchemist going to do now?"

John grinned. "I already told you. I'm going to create a Philosopher's Stone. But first..." He moved his hand to the book. "I have to do something."

And so he did. With a few moments of time, he went to his table. With a few encouraging words from the textbook, he was able to seal his newest friend Ghosty into a doll without a hitch! He was incredibly happy that he was free from nights knowing he had a thing in his head, but frightened at the prospect of yet another presence on his tiny ship.

A team of two became a veritable crew. John's become quite a captain in his own right.

---

Meanwhile, a captain by actual law, Captain Vanessa Augustine walked through the disheveled mess that was her room. The presence she had been greeted with the evening prior was not a courteous guest. I mean, look at her prized teacup set. It was ruined.

Also, her head was ringing in pain. She felt like the ship had shifted a lot, but that doesn't happen.

"M-Miss! Captain Augustine!" There was quite a loud rapping at her chamber door.

Vanessa opened said door, rubbing her aching head as her annoyance was visible. "What is yer problem, Despontent?"

"M-Ma'am, I think you should...see this."

Vanessa sighed, moving her hand over to the hat nearby as she moved it to her head. She followed the freaked-out little man as she walked to the small crowd that has found themselves surrounded by the Conviction's broken mast.

The what?

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" Vanessa was aghast at what was in front of her. The entire mast of the ship had bent down and slammed into the houses nearby. This was going to cost a fortune. "Who the hell dares to...to...t-"

As the crowd naturally moved aside at the behest of their captain, what appeared before her was a giant oaf of a man smashed head-first into the mast.

..."Issac Sentin."

Issac was veritably stricken with the calling of his name in such a disgusted tone. He was awoken from his sudden slumber as he looked up, seeing who it was who spoke his name in such a manner. "A-ah! S-so this is the Conviction, then? And..and you're...Miss Vanessa Augustine!"

"Were ye stricken dumb by the mast?!" After a moment, she sighed. "No, yer always like this, aren't ya?"

"N-now see here, my mind is sharp as ever! I just...your mast kind of knocked some sense out of me."

"Sense?! What you have is almost insulting to the word!" Vanessa moved forward and brought the disheveled perfect soldier up from the mast with a forceful grab. "Why the hell did you...no, wait...how did you do this?"

"W-well...Miss...Captain-"

"Admiral" Vanessa said coldly.

"Admiral Augustine....congratulations!" Issac smiled at her, then coughed awkwardly, seemingly choking in his perfect throat. "Well...it's like this."

And so Issac recanted his thrilling tale of what just happened throughout the last two posts. He detailed the Inspector's ship appearing, the reveal of Faith as the true Inspector, and Mecha's exchange of blows. For some reason, he seemed to appear back in his hometown of Seline. As if there was some sort of divine justice to it.

This brought more headaches to Vanessa as she grumbled slightly to herself.

"So...De'moore is probably captured. And her ship is probably sunk."

"M-maybe...I...I really worked hard on that ship." Issac sighed, seemingly defeated in a perfect fashion.

Vanessa moved away from Issac, grasping the railing of her ship, staring at the sea. "...the devil loses...the mast of my ship blown down...as the sheep's clothing is sheered..."

"Ma'am?" Shin looked to his captain, unsure what her mind was working on.

"...hm. Hmhmhm..." Vanessa smiled, letting out a few light-hearted laughs. "Hahahaha...hah...so this is how it begins? The greatest criminal on the seas is captured by a wolf in sheep's clothing and her gullible boy toy, and I get a giant oaf crashing into my ship. This is what that cryptic !#%$ meant...what he told me..." She smacked her fist into the railing, sighing. "...it's finally beginning. After all these years..."

"...should I leave?" Issac asked as he pointed to the entrance.

"No....no, no. You'll not be leaving unattended. In fact..." Vanessa moved her sword out and pointed it at the perfect man. "Issac Sentin. By the power deigned to me as Admiral of the Trader's Guild, through the venerability of my station and the Court of Trades...you are under arrest for aiding a known wanted fugitive of the law...and admitted acts of piracy."

Issac was visibly shocked. How could she...but...that's not...it's not like he wanted to...to...

Slowly, he brought his hands into the air. "Fine. I will not resist if this is what the...law dictates..."

"I sure hope you wouldn't."

As Issac was soon escorted away, Vanessa stood against the railing once more.

"Mr. Despontent."

"Yes, Admiral?"

"Relay a message to the Trade Captains for me. Tell them it's time we make some changes."

"Yes, ma'am!"

Shin had no idea what was going on. But hey, every trade captain gives him some coin for delivery, so whatever.

---

The old man dropped a coin onto the bar towards the barkeep. "Y'all been very gractious to me today, ma'am."

"Ahahaaaa...t'was th' pleasure a' dis one." The bartender moved her hand to her chest and did a small bow, smiling. The hours had passed by in the blink of an eye, as troll after troll left the tavern after getting their fill. Two trolls in particular seemed to be an interesting pair, with one being a monstrous behemoth and the other being rather thin and lanky. "Yer stories, dey were amazin'. Tell me, why did ya leave those boys yer boat?"

"Heh....well, ma'am, tell you what, they needed a way out an' I dang ol' gave...gave it to them, ma'am, y'know sometimes y'gotta leave somethin' for th' next generation, ma'am. It's all like all they got in their dang ol' inheritance were a house that burnt, turned all their memories t'soot, ma'am. Like dang ol dust in the wind."

"Aye, aye." The barkeep nodded.

"An' they worked hard and got nowhere. Maybe this was some...dang ol, once in a lifetime chances. If'n they find happiness...well, that'd be alright to me."

How sentimental. It's almost like he thinks they were his kids.

The room suddenly felt like all the warmth of the room became as cold as ice. The barkeeper seemed visibly shaken. The old man, however, only had the look of resignation. "Listen, ma'am. Remember what I said. Get out of h-"

Before he could even say the words, the doors seemed to all slam shut.

Now, now. Why let our lovely hostess leave us unattended?

"I swear, if y'hurt that girl..."

The room suddenly felt a stinging sensation of silence as the wind flew through the tavern.

Footsteps began to slowly echo through the slowly darkening room. There seemed to be only two sources of light left: A single candle left on the bar, and a stone glowing red. The stone floated over an open palm of a well-dressed older man, his hat covering his eyes. The stone landed in the man's hand as he began to walk forward.

The old man kept his strength and looked at the man. "...what do you want...Jacob?"

The well-dressed man smiled and brought his hand up to his hat, showing his ruby red eyes. "Edward Swanhaur, old friend. Let's have a drink, for old time's sake. Barkeep, we'll have two !#%$s. He's quite fond of mine, after all."

The barkeeper walked slowly to the bar and brought the bottle over. Despite the great fear that was in her eyes, she kept her composure. The man named Jacob moved over next to Swanhaur, who was watching the man carefully. The look on Swanhaur's face was, to be frank, like he was staring death in the face. Finally, Jacob spoke.

"Let's talk."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next