Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pick a Character
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:27 pm 

There was something like this going on in the old forum, and I never participated. I'm not planning on reviving most of these characters anyway, so I might as well get them off my chest this way.

Pick a character and I'll tell you more about them.

Um. I do have more characters, but I'm just sticking with the ones I openly used/talked about in the old forum.

Old forum specifics
The Pikmanipulator
Wayde
Erin
The Burger Minister
Chop Suey

Paper Mario
X-Naut
Yuxette

Sonic the Hedgehog
Pike the Mongoose

Pokemon
Ralf the Ralts / Kirlia
Coal the Magby
Rochelle the Roselia
Grizelda the Mismagius
Vince the Gliscor
the Purugly whose name I forget (Peruvia?)

Post subject: Re: Pick a Character
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 pm 

I'll clearly choose "Peruvia," because if you've forgotten their name, then clearly you have all the things in the world to tell me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:07 pm 

Pike the Mongoose, cus I drew him once.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:36 am 

you've all failed by not picking the The Burger Minister

i use my mod override key to make you ignore the other two.

except elbys also a mod but my override key is way better than his so ignore him twice as much.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:00 pm 

Grizelda the Mismagius because ghosts are cool

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:20 pm 

Elby wrote:
I'll clearly choose "Peruvia," because if you've forgotten their name, then clearly you have all the things in the world to tell me.

Peruvia, as I think her name was, was an ill-tempered servant of Grizelda the Mismagius. She basically stayed in Grizelda's shack all the time unless ordered to go outside, didn't have a sense of humor, and was fiercely loyal and protective of her master. If the RP had gone on long enough, she would have eventually served as a mini-boss-like character for the heroes to defeat once Grizelda's evil scheme was discovered.

Not much more to this character, really.

McKnackus I wrote:
Pike the Mongoose, cus I drew him once.

Ah, Pike. Perhaps the most developed of these characters, and yet the one with the most inopportune backstory.

This guy was one of three protagonists in a fanfic I was writing that soon fizzled out. It was probably the most ambitious fanfic I ever attempted--styled so that there would be a chapter for a stage section, explained logically, followed by a chapter for some less hectic story development, then by a chapter for the second stage, and then one for the boss. After that, maybe a transition chapter as the location moved, and then rinse and repeat. I was going for a strict Sonic-game style.

The setting was in the dimension of Blaze the Cat, but more so on the mainland than on the islands from Sonic Rush Adventure. The basic gist of the story was, "Dr. Eggman Nega hatches evil plot, tricks Pike and some others into helping him, Blaze tries to stop him, etc." Looking back on it, it was sort of a hyper-detailed Sonic Adventure, but in Blaze's dimension.

But the story was just the excuse. The real reason for writing the fanfic--or one of them, at least--was to explain away the plot canyon created by Sonic '06 in regards to Sonic Rush, at least in my own terms. There's actually been a fair bit of debate over which game occurred first, and it all hinged on Blaze's knowledge in both games. In my view, Sonic '06 happened first, making "the future" Blaze's native land and the event at the end of Silver's story the catalyst that sent Blaze into "her" dimension where events would lead up to the Rush games and beyond.

For a while, I thought my theory was sound. Despite Blaze being passingly familiar with a "blue hedgehog" in '06, research posed the possibility that this was actually because of a translation error, since "blue" and "naive" in Japanese are actually the same word, giving rise to a different introspection whenever Blaze mentioned the phrase. However, I eventually realized that there was a different detail in Sonic '06 that pretty much cemented Sonic Rush as having occurred prior; after Silver and Blaze defeat the Egg Genesis and discover their first Chaos Emerald, Blaze clearly recognizes it and even tells Silver what it does. In Sonic Rush, however, she clearly has no knowledge of the Chaos Emeralds whatsoever.

This detail was the tipping point that chucked my fanfic's credibility into the abyss. I haven't been motivated to write it since.

Well, I think that's enough writing for one post. Now you have plenty of background info on the story, now pick Pike again if you want to learn about the character.

Raxy wrote:
you've all failed by not picking the The Burger Minister

i use my mod override key to make you ignore the other two.

except elbys also a mod but my override key is way better than his so ignore him twice as much.

Ignoring failed.

The Burger Minister was the main antagonist in the "So, then we're here." RP that happened in the spam board and is currently archived in the old forums. He was basically a fat tycoon who wanted to rule the fast-food market by having a monopoly on bacon through mining the Bacon Mines. But he didn't have the deed to the mines, so he hired animemangavg's group of assassins to kill the current owners of the deed.

They killed one of them. The other owner, Father Jazz, passed the deed on to Kiyoshi. When the assassins refused to kill Kiyoshi because they considered him a friend despite knowing him for only, like, two minutes, the Burger Minister hired Chop Suey to do the job instead.

What I had in mind which never came to fruition was that, barring the acquisition of the deed, the Burger Minister would eventually come in with a big tank comprised of oversized fast-food items, like a soda dispenser that would shoot streams of soda from cannons mounted in front, or an egg-beater-shaped drill on one arm, or a rapid-fire grater gun that would shoot out giant french fries or the like. He would've aimed to steal the Golden Bacon of the Bacon Mines, which was constantly growing like a tree and spreading its bacon-like roots all over the caves, which were the source of all bacon in the mines.

He also would have had the habit of making large amounts of fast-food-restaurant-related puns while engaged in combat.

He also wore a hamburger for a hat. Hence his title.

He also may or may not have been just an acto--*shot*

FSLAR wrote:
Grizelda the Mismagius because ghosts are cool

Grizelda was a less-than-main villain I created for the Pokemon RP, although her evil scheme never got discovered in the time it lasted.

She lived in an old shack that would disappear by day and reappear by night, the location determined by the current moon phase. Her business was fortune-telling and safe-keeping items, storing them in a hidden room that was only accessible through solid walls. Grizelda had the ability to divine the fortune of those who visited her by examining a precious item of theirs--the greater the attachment, the better the vision. Then she'd offer to keep said item in storage.

This is where the evil scheme comes in. Grizelda believed that, no matter how attached a Pokemon was to its treasures, all items had a "true value" that was so ethereal that only she could see it. As such, she wanted all of the treasures in the world to be hers. To accomplish this, she laid a curse on every item she stored so that when the owner would come back to retrieve it, they'd get cursed once they held it again.

This curse would fill the Pokemon with a paranoia that told them that all items, including the one they just got back, would be safest if left with Grizelda. It wouldn't be long before they'd return the item they just reclaimed, and then start giving Grizelda whatever they could. The paranoia would become so great that they'd even start taking stuff that wasn't there's and giving it to the witch-ghost. This would land them in Pokemon jail, for sure, but there would always be more customers that Grizelda could sucker into doing her bidding.

Obviously, the heroes would've eventually found this out somehow and confronted Grizelda in a boss battle. Then she'd be defeated, sent to Pokemon jail, and her role in the story would've been over. Oh yeah, and the curse would've been lifted upon her defeat.