Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 am 

This game looks amazing and you all know it.

Anywho, the real reason I'm making this thread is because a head admin on the sega forums is now taking petitions for DLC characters.

So if you want Ristar, or Vectorman, or Alis Landale, or Hatsune Miku, or Segata Sanshiro in S&SASRT then go sign some of these but read the rules on the thread first.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 am 

Segata Sanshiro is the only character you need, and that is a fact.

(Ash from Hell Yeah can come too, though)

Can't say I'm particularly interested in the game, but this is cool regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 am 
Site Admin

DLC characters aside, I want to know all there is to know about the PC version. Like, if online is available and what the Steamworks possibilities entail.

If it's true that the game supports online multiplayer, I might be enticed to get it, since I'd probably just get the PC version.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 am 

The PC Version does indeed have online multiplayer.

Also (turn off annotations)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 am 
Site Admin

Figured, but because the first one is on Steam and didn't apparently have online, I had to make sure.

This is up there on the definitely maybe list. If it's online, with workshop support for courses, this could be a pretty nice package.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 am 

There's an adventure mode too, which is "inspired by games like Mario Galaxy" and Sega promises a sense of progression as you rescue/unlock each character in the game.

We don't know much about it now though, but I'm hoping for some Diddy Kong Racing style awesomeness.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 pm 

It seems like Sega is getting a lot of inspiration from Nintendo recently

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:46 am 

I'm going to break it down for you guys here.

Did anyone play the first one? I did. If you did, then I'd like to let you know that is like tutorial mode for little babies compared to this game. This game is so hard, you would not even believe how ridiculous it actually is. I've never gotten so angry at a video game before. It is quite a feat for anything to get a rise out of me, and I absolutely love it.

The graphics are stunning and well polished, and they obviously put a lot of love into this game, but the only real let down is the character roster. There are clones all over the place, but apparently the SUMO staff made these characters in their own spare time, so I guess that's cool. I just wish some of the characters from the first game had returned. My favorite Sega character of all was cut. :( :( :( :(

This is a very good game and you should at least check it out. Anyone who mastered the first game will be able to get into it pretty quickly, but the difficulty level from C to A are so drastic that most people will probably get too frustrated with it and quit before even unlocking half of the roster.

Unlocking most of the characters will require you to score a pass on at least the B level difficulty since each rank is worth a star, so any given mission will only grant 3 stars. It's not secret that characters like Shadow are in this game, but he is not unlocked from the start. You are required to unlock and pass many missions before you can even get to the event space to unlock him, and even then it is a requirement to have scored at least 35 stars to unlock him. if you get a pass on every C rank mission, you will only be left with about 40 stars before you are forced to go back and beat the higher difficulties on the missions you've already beaten. I am currently up to 80 stars, and let me tell you, it was quite a bit of work to beat just the first section of missions with a full 3 stars on each of them. (honestly, this almost seemed to be down to luck. I seemed to get the mythical All-Star item when playing, which usually ended up putting me in a very good position. Track memorization is a must.)

The Grand Prix cups are your standard racing game formula. You have your cups, and you have your 4 races assigned to them. You can set the difficulty, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Another thing is that it seems that you can play through the missions with multiple players. I'm not 100% sure on this, but there is the option at the bottom of the menu to activate the other controllers, so I think there's a pretty good chance this is the case.

Also anyone who was annoyed by the All-Star moves will be happy to know they are extremely rare in this game. I've only gotten it a few times, and they aren't nearly as broken as they were in the first game.

Overall, this game is really fun and challenging, if not frustratingly hard later on. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first one, but anyone who has never played should at least download a demo to try it out before making a decision. It was definitely worth the money.

(Outrun Bay is gorgeous)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm liking the sound of all that. Especially the angering part. That sounds right up my alley.

I'll probably wait until the PC version, but maybe I'll rent it on PS3. God, I haven't rented a game in years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 pm 

Falcon6 wrote:
I'm liking the sound of all that. Especially the angering part. That sounds right up my alley.

I'll probably wait until the PC version, but maybe I'll rent it on PS3. God, I haven't rented a game in years.
Do they still have places to rent games at?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 pm 

I can rent them at my local video store.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 pm 

Just an update on this.

AFTER BEATING A CLASS MISSIONS YOU UNLOCK EXPERT LEVEL ON ALL MISSIONS

i quit life