Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:58 am 

Mecha wrote:
The Great B-Man wrote:
Image When it comes to epic game franchises that deserve to be, not just a movie, but a grand trilogy saga, the first obvious choice is Tetris.

...No really.

why

Image Wish I knew the answer...

If this were a film about a the story of Alexey Pajitnov, I would've been all for it, but...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:34 pm 

Half-Genie Hero will finally launch September 27th! I'm down for that!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:49 am 

Image Friendly reminder:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:27 am 

Image Raw reactions to E3 so far:

-Conferences felt kinda meh overall. EA's was full of nothing but behind the scenes stuff, sports, and guns (with a little bit of indy with Fe). Bethesda couldn't stop talking about how great they are but otherwise had some good stuff to show. Microsoft successfully showed off its first ever Windows 10 E3 Conference. UbiSoft is a cringefest full of open worlds. Sony at least had really good pacing.

-Regarding Fe, it's nice that all proceeds go to them (so I won't feel icky considering my EA boycott) but it raises some eyebrows; What's the catch? Why would EA publish this if they aren't getting the revenue? Best case scenario: It'll just be Origin exclusive on PC.
-At first, I was excited for a new Quake, but I'm the crazy person who actually likes to play Quake for the single player. That said, Quake multiplayer can be fun, but I'm not fond of the idea of it being character based ala Overwatch. I just want a pure deathmatch where everyone is the same.
-Dishonored 2 should be a grand old time. ...Because it has time manipulation in it. Geddit? But really, it's more of what I enjoyed of Dishonored so that's fine.
-Microsoft really, really, really wants me to upgrade to Windows 10, don't they? They still haven't given me a reason to, though. Had they announced an Ori sequel however...
-I'm in two minds about Scalebound. On one hand, it's Kamina's take on Monster Hunter. On the other hand, Kamina's Monster Hunter should be more over the top than what I saw, which seemed kind of...okay?
-We Happy Few should be quite the experience, or as I would like to call it, "What If BioShock Had Mimes Instead of Big Daddies?"
-I have no idea what to make of Sea of Thieves other than...I like the art style.
-I will commend Microsoft for this: Crossplay and crossbuy. At least they got that right.
-There's a new slimmer Xbox One coming. But there's also a better Xbox coming next year...so what was the point of revealing this one?
-If there is one thing from E3 that I want to die painfully in a fire, it's the fake "real gamers talking in co-op" thing that some "gameplay demos" showcase, as UbiSoft seems to love doing and makes me want to strangle them so freaking hard for!
-UbiSoft owns Just Cause now? ...Oh, it's Ghost Recon? Could've fooled me...
-South Park is genuinely funny and worth watching on E3. Honestly wish the UbiSoft conference was just this game and that's it.
-Playing as an eagle? Cool! Playing as an eagle that can shoot air currents like it's a gun instead of attacking like a real eagle would? FFS, Ubisoft!!
-For Honor could be neat, I s'pose.
-Why are we talking about the Assassin's Creed movie at a GAMING conference? Shoo!
-Also, who asked for a Watch_Dogs movie?
-Watch_Dogs 2. Well, you know what they say, fool me once shame on...shame on you... ...You fool me, you can't get fooled again!
-An open world extreme sports game, because nobody at UbiSoft knows how to develop something other than an open world game it seems. Just buy them out already, Vivendi...
-Kratos has an epic beard and a son now. Neat! Let's watch a deer die slowly and realistically. Not neat...
-Days Gone. It's another zombie game. And now, I'm gone too.
-Horizon: Zero Dawn could potentially be neat, but I'll wait for reviews.
-The Last Guardian has a freaking release date! October 25th! However, if it isn't in front of me right now, I don't believe you!
-A new VR survival horror in the vein of Amnesia and Outlast? Well, I guess those sell alright, so I wonder what this is... RESIDENT EVIL VII? You mean you guys are doing horror again?!
-Kojima is back! And so is Norman Reedus! The name is different, but that Silent Hills game might still be a thing. #!#%$
-CoD is in space. Fans are pissed. Let's move on.
-Crash is getting remastered and...coming to Skylanders. I legit laughed at the !#%$ of this here move by Activision. Wow.

-Oh yeah, there was stuff not conference related, too!
-Zelda looks amazing. Can I have it now?
-Pokémon made me realize: People who are not fans get SUPER salty about it.
-Bloodstained looks like an IGAvania game. In other words, it's exactly what the fans were hoping for. Unlike Mighty No. 9.
-Ditto towards Yooka-Laylee. That trailer looked fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:39 pm 

It looks like Nintendo hopped on the open-world, crafting, survival bandwagon with the new Zelda. Not that that's a bad thing. I mean, it's Zelda, just with a fresh set of mechanics. I'll sure be looking forward to playing it.

I didn't watch any event other than Nintendo's, so I can't exactly comment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:43 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image I'm the crazy person who actually likes to play Quake for the single player.

While we're on the subject...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

One thing I'm hoping for the new Quake is that they focus on making the single player bots. It'd be cool to see those pop up again.

All in all, E3 this year was pretty nice. Lot of pretty decent games popping up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:59 am 

What year is it?!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:04 am 

Konami continues to be the worst.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:20 am 

Took a bit longer then I expected for any sort of new Metal Gear honestly.

Oh the salt, it's gonna be...delicious.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:24 pm 

Image Guys...

NX reveal tomorrow.

Confirmed on Nintendo's Twitter.

7am PST, 10am EST.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:56 am 

Animal Crossing: New Leaf gets an update today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47