Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: MMOs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Rune of Power’s tooltip has been updated.

It now reads: “Immediately causes the boss to cast an AoE damaging ability at the Mage’s current location.”
Functionality unchanged.

It's always my favorite time of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:33 pm 

>playing FFXIV, leveling up Miner, currently at 45
>go up to a node to mine Electrum Ores
>86% chance of successfully mining for each attempt
>"You begin mining"
>"You obtain nothing"
>"You obtain nothing"
>"You obtain nothing"
>"You obtain nothing"
>"You finish mining"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:27 am 

Image Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Random Number God. He is a fickle deity in MMOs in particular. Prepare some form of offerings next time to RNGesus?

---------------

On a similar note, unlocked Ninja. It feels like leveling has gotten much, much faster since I last played. At least the 2.0 stuff. Like I said, already got some high end Dex gear so Ninja was the ideal Job to go with for a more pure DPS to balance my more supportive MCH Job.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:55 am 

Spoiler: click to show

"Yokuba when did you become a raider."

"Iunno. Months ago."

"Why are you a ninja."

"{/shrug}"

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:23 am 

Patch 3.3 trailer. Story spoilers if you're not in the know of what's been going on and such.

Also the entrance to the Machinery Bay looks like a snifit. Or perhaps Megalegs.

Shower thoughts while wiping to Votexer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:41 am 

Image So...

We lost Varian and Vol'jin...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image So...

We lost Varian and Vol'jin...

Yup.

The cinematic work in this expansion is looking really good. I'm very much into it.

I'm very interested in what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:49 pm 

Yeah, decided to try it out.

Notice that I decided to go with my Worgen first instead of my Dwarf. It's honestly due to me still feeling a bit triggered regarding tanking. I know, those who play with me say I'm actually good, but honestly, I'd like to get a good feel of dungeons first as a DPS before trying to tank them. Besides, this made for an interesting bit of storytelling all things considered...

It's probably also because I'm a filthy !#%$ but shhhhh...

Gilneas has a heck of a bone (heh) to pick with the Forsaken, so having her be the witness of the apparent betrayal of Sylvanas (yes, I've seen the Horde cinematic side too, so I know she had her reasons) made it seem more poetic. She and her kin lost everything to them at the start of the Cataclysm, so it only seemed right to start with her and have her fight alongside Greymane. It's also why I started with Stormheim, since I've heard he's got quite the role there, as does Sylvanas.

She's Beast Mastery, which, yes I know, Marksmanship is probably the way to go and if I get serious, I will learn that spec, but it always appealed to me more, and fits the person she's named after anyway. What I did not expect, however, was that Titanstrike gives you an extra pet to have alongside you: Hati, the lightning wolf Spirit Beast! (I should probably go grab Skoll too, since they're siblings) Didn't expect to have two pets at once, but just because I thought it was amusing, I summoned my own wolf, so it's like having three wolves in one! And that's not even getting to the fact that Dire Beast can sometimes summon another wolf!

It's like I have my own wolf pack, and my Worgen is the Alpha!

----------------------

Also, I finally started to actually use AddOns for once, which I never really did before. FFXIV taught me how wonderful customizing your UI really is, especially to match my Razer Naga! So I went mod hunting, grabbing Bartender4, Shadowed Unit Frames, Omni CC, and Storyline (the last one just makes the questing experience a lot more fun). Anyway, what else would you all recommend?

Couple other things worth noting:

-Whoa! Where did all the abilities go?! My hotbar felt so empty when I fired it up for the first time since 6.1...
-Not a big fan of them removing the toggle for helms and cloaks. Now any time I want to be able to see my character's lovely face, I got to go all the flippin' way over to one of those Transmog stations just to take it off! Oi... And I'm certainly not gonna grab one of those Yaks any time soon!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:48 am 
Site Admin

I appreciate the transmog taking off helmets and cloaks simply because you can turn off the shoulders now, too. Makes outfitting my clothies a lot easier.

Also yeah, I'm playing Legion and I've gotten sucked in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:39 pm 

Suramar in a nutshell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:54 pm 

Image Okay, I got through Artifact Knowledge 5 quest and after the initial dealings and laughing at Uber Town, I've got some spoilerific things to say that are bugging me quite a bit...

Just who the hell does Xe'ra thing she is?! 'Oh, you didn't actually kill Illidan yourself, but it's still very much your fault it happened anyway in a complicit way. If only you didn't have hatred in your heart." Mockingly paraphrased, of course.

Since I had been playing a worgen this go around, this just comes off as incredibly jarring. Like, excuse me, Ms. Holier-Than-Thou Beacon! The people of Gilneas had this thing called the Greymane Wall that literally isolated them from all of Azeroth ever since the Second War! Not only did they have no involvement at all with what happened on Outland, they probably don't even really know who Illidan even was, save for the Well of Eternity instance in the Caverns of Time. And now, this giant windchime just tells them it's their fault?! You can make similar cases for the goblins and pandaren as well, and probably anyone who is a Death Knight (they know very well what sacrifice is all about too, considering they gave their lives before being resurrected).

Like, okay, I get it. We're building up to an Illidan redemption story, something that's been wanted for some time now. Some changes will have to be made to make him look a little more favorably, even if the whole "sacrificing my own men to gain enough power to push away the Legion" is hard to really see as being the "good" solution (but I guess that's why we like Illidan, always willing to walk that middle road). But this is just going too far, I feel, berating the players themselves, whether they fought Illidan or not. He wasn't just sitting there with all that planning before someone just walked up and said "Hey, we're gonna kill you now!" He didn't quite get the nickname the "Betrayer" for nothing. And lest we forget, was it not other Naaru, just like Xe'ra, that helped push us towards stopping Illidan within the Black Temple? Bit of some conflict going on here, no? And really, would it have been so hard for him to tell us what he was doing before we offed him? I get that someone like Shadowsong wouldn't listen to reason against him, but I'm sure some of us, including the very anti-Legion Naaru would've at least opened an ear.

Ultimately, I'm sure this all stems back to the massacre of the lore that happened during BC. Like the expansion or not, it won't change that they did things now viewed as very unfavorable, hence where we are now with Illidan. From the introduction of the draenei to the insanity of Kael'thas, BC was a mess with story and I guess this is their way of trying to sew the pieces back together. Not very well, mind you. The very least they could've done was acknowledge that it was literally out of certain characters powers to stop Illidan from getting killed, Xe'ra. And before anyone says everyone gets hit by Xe'ra's criticism...

Ask a Demon Hunter. She seems to love how loyal and sacrificial they are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:36 pm 

Image Off to liberate Ala Mhigo!

Key points:

-Cap increased to 70
-New primals, jobs, areas, all the good stuff
-Overhauled Battle System -- Skills shared by roles instead of jobs, ineffective/useless skills getting changed, and more
-Item Inventory Expansion! Got the BIGGEST cheers! More room in our pockets!
-New Residential Area that directly ties with the storyline so we can't see much about it yet.
-PS3 support is ending, so migrate to PS4/PC ASAP. This got second biggest cheers.

More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments ... tormblood/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21