Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last movie you saw
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 am 

So I just watched Wreck It Ralph. On DVD. Barely a month after it's been out in theaters. You can thank my mom for that.

I'm with MK on this one. This was all I needed in a video game movie and more. I absolutely loved it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:01 am 

wait this is on dvd?
is it a illegal rip from the screening copy or an actual dvd i must go to the store and find this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:13 am 

It's an actual DVD. And it's legal. My mom works for Disney, so she gets free "award screener" DVD's for animated movies very early. I'm guessing that means the DVD's that they play at the workplace for the employee's to see. So unless you have a family member that also works for Disney, you're gonna have to go to your local theater to watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:17 am 

Whoa wait what?

How come you never mentioned your mom worked at Disney before?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:18 am 

.........................I did.

Years ago.

I thought everyone knew this by now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 am 

I remembered this!

Do I get a free Disney DVD for remebering? =3

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 am 

Yes you do. In fact, I'll give you three free DVD's.

Now you can watch the High School Musical Trilogy at the comfort of your own home.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 am 

yeah kiyoshi has mentioned several times that his mom IS walt disney

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 am 

So I saw Lincoln some last month. It was little slow to start, but it was a really interesting look on the end of Lincoln's life. The constant struggle of whether the fourteenth amendment will end the war or the end of the war will bring the fourteenth was quite nerve-racking. And even though everyone knows how the movie ends goes, the voting scene is still one of the most tense moments in any movie I've ever seen. Lincoln himself is obviously the main draw and Daniel Day-Lewis makes Lincoln into quite possibly the most human character in the movie. And the joke about the painting of George Washington hanging in the restroom is still funny.

And I have yet to see Wreck-It Ralph. I hope to see it soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 am 

Saw the Hobbit a few days ago. It was pretty good. I especially enjoyed Golem's part in it, and how Bilbo uses trickery and wit. We also get more of Gandalf being awesome.

I also just saw Arthur Christmas, which I wanted to see back when it came to theaters last year but never got to. And holy crap, the previews and commercials do not do it justice whatsoever. Very deserving of it's 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, and is definitely my new favorite modern Christmas movie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:02 am 

i saw forgetting sarah marshall and it was not very excelelent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:32 am 

being outrageously sick, I spent the day watching movies. I saw Superman Vs. The Elites, All-Star Superman, Following and Memento (both Chris Nolan films), and The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo. All good to great movies.

It's days like this where I get the most inspiration.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:38 am 

Superman Vs. The Elites is pretty good. I read the comic of All-Star Superman and it was great, so I've been wanting to watch the animation. I haven't seen Following but I've seen Memento and its really good. Haven't seen either version of The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo trilogy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:50 pm 

Raxy wrote:
Superman Vs. The Elites is pretty good. I read the comic of All-Star Superman and it was great, so I've been wanting to watch the animation. I haven't seen Following but I've seen Memento and its really good. Haven't seen either version of The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo trilogy.

I enjoyed All-Star Superman if not only because of the ending, which is extremely unexpected considering the material used, but I liked it because it did something bold and stuck with it to the end.
Following is one of his earlier films with a noir feel to it. It's about a guy who started following people so he could learn about all kinds of people. He then got ringed into becoming a burglar and wowie. It's a good film, but Nolan has definitely gotten better at directing films over the years between Following and Memento.
I was only able to see the Swedish version of the Dragon Tattoo movie, but it was a very interesting movie. It played out like a mystery movie trying to solve a murder. You've gotta question who the main protagonist is though, since the titular character only appears briefly until the second half of the movie. It is a a very interesting watch and I recommend seeing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm 

All-Star Superman was essentially conceived as an ending for the Silver/Golden age Superman. I'm generally not a fan of Superman, but All-Star is just one of those great stories told with the character.

I'll have to check out Following sometime. I like Nolan's films even if I found Inception boring.

And yeah, that's one of the movies I've been told to see by a lot of people. I've heard the american one is better, so I might try and watch that sometime but I kind of doubt I'll watch both.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next