Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:06 pm 

Manly space battleaxes?

I gotta watch that !#%$ sometime.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:10 am 

How star wars should of been.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:09 am 
Sage

also legend of the galactic heroes is a completely different anime when you look at these hilariously out of context screen caps

Spoiler: click to show

~~~80's anime~~~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:24 pm 

That water bottle pic is pretty great.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 pm 
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:43 am 
Site Admin

Last thing I watched was an OAV called Little Witch Academia.
It's all on Youtube via the studio itself. Translated, too.

It's a pretty solid piece of animation. It was produced by Studio Trigger, a group mostly comprised of ex-Gainax staffers who were involved in TTGL and Panty and Stocking. It's part of a Young Japanese Animators program, as well. It has no business being as good as it is.

Studio Trigger in particular is a pretty new studio, made in 2011. Most of their stuff has been small animation support in other series and this is their first official OAV with a new series coming out in May, I believe.

They were also the ones who created Inferno Cop. Which is

Incredible.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:32 am 

Started reading Berserk.

In the very first scene, the main character is having sex with a chick, who then turns into a horrific monster and then he blasts it with his arm cannon.

I love this manga already.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:55 am 

I saw some of the anime, I need to finish it sometime. Its pretty good, though it doesn't quite start like that.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:02 pm 

I've been watching Devil Survivor 2 The Animation and it's pretty good. I haven't played the game, but I'm able to tell pretty much what's going on based on my of the first game and the information given, but I think that if I had no knowledge of SMT, I'd be pretty lost.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:24 am 

I decided "!#%$ it" and started reading Part 4 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, even with the Duwang translation (i.e. very bad).

get a feeling so complicated

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 am 

So I watched Sword art Online. Most of it anyway. The first fourteen episodes, which I guess is the first arc of the series. It certainly seems that way. It wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be in my opinion, anyway. Even still, it was exciting. I'll probably watch the rest of the series just to see if it becomes as dumb as everyone says it is.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 am 

Yeah, I've heard nothing but terrible things about that anime. I watched a few episodes of it and it was really boring, and I'm told it gets 'better' after that point but I'm not sure I'm willing to do that.

iirc the main complaints i heard were how the story is entirely an excuse plot, and the main character is a huge !#%$/mary sue.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:05 pm 

The story isn't an excuse plot, I don't think. The whole "You die in the game, you die in real life" thing keeps it from being that, especially since the anime puts emphasis on that when it needs to. And yeah, the main character does put up a front of being an !#%$, but it's only that, a front. Everything else about him is pretty Mary Sue, I'm not going to argue there.

With all that said, my main complaint about the anime was that there always seemed to be more to the story that wasn't mentioned, and then one of my friends told me that the anime is actually based on a series of light novels, which I'll probably end up reading some time in the future.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:55 pm 

Even if its just a front, he doesn't really come off as likable. It doesn't help that his previous online avatar before it shows the real him has a skrillex haircut. Okay, that doesn't really matter, I just like pointing that out.

As far as the excuse plot I've heard that when he meets the creator of the game the creator admits he entirely forgot why he did all of this. But don't take my word on that, I'm not entirely sure. I might just read the review that made me curious about it in the first place or maybe muster up the energy to finish it and read the review after each episode like I was originally doing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:41 pm 

So watched season two of Sword Art Online and it wasn't that good. The only good thing I'll take away from it is the relationship between Kirito and his sister.

I'd take the time to list my problems with it, but I'm too lazy to do so. If someone asks, I guess I'll list them, but pretty much the summary is thus: The second season is just as bad as everyone says.

Anyway, I've also been watching Devil Survivor 2 The Animation and that's pretty good. I'd be lying if I said my favorite part of the show wasn't the music, though.

I also started Attack on Titan, and apparently that's a thing to watch this season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next