Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Super Smash Bros.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:54 am 

Image Looks like you aren't getting away from Super Mario Maker, even in Smash Bros.

New stage coming on the 30th for both Wii U and 3DS! Stage layout is different every time you play!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:28 pm 

Image DLC Pack #4 is now available! This is a Level + Costume pack as before. Why not open it up and take a looksee?

Stages

First off, for those with the 3DS version, at the absolutely low price of FREE, the Duck Hunt stage from the Wii U version has now been added!
Duck Hunt Medley ARRANGE
Wrecking Crew Medley ARRANGE

Exclusive to the Wii U version is the return of the Pirate Ship from Brawl, a stage based off of The Wind Waker. Ride through the Great Sea while on Tetra's ship as hazards such as boulders, cannons, and tornadoes hinder you. Omega version actually has you battling on one of those towers from the game, too.
Dragon Roost Island ORIGINAL
The Great Sea / Menu Select ARRANGE
The Legend of Zelda Medley ARRANGE
Dark World / Dark World Dungeon ARRANGE
Tal Tal Heights ARRANGE
Song of Storms ARRANGE
Gerudo Valley ORIGINAL
Gerudo Valley ARRANGE
Ocarina of Time Medley ARRANGE
Village of the Blue Maiden ORIGINAL
Termina Field ORIGINAL
Ballad of the Goddess ORIGINAL

And finally, on both versions of the game, in honor of the newest game in the Mario franchise, a stage based off Super Mario Maker has been released, which randomly generates each time you play!
Style Switch: Ground Theme (switches between different Ground Themes from the four games) ORIGINAL
Title (Super Mario Maker) ARRANGE
Mario Bros. ARRANGE
Super Mario Bros. Medley ARRANGE
Ground Theme / Underground Theme ARRANGE
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) ARRANGE
Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.) ARRANGE
Princess Peach's Castle ARRANGE
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels Medley ARRANGE
Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley ARRANGE
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3) ARRANGE
Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3) ARRANGE
Underground Theme (Super Mario Land) ARRANGE
Super Mario World Medley ARRANGE
Yoshi's Island (Melee) ARRANGE
Fortress Boss (Super Mario World) ARRANGE
Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB 3) ARRANGE
Title/Ending (Super Mario World) ARRANGE
Main Theme (New Super Mario Bros.) ARRANGE
Athletic Theme / Ground Theme ARRANGE
Ground Theme (New Super Mario Bros. 2) ORIGINAL
Ground Theme (New Super Mario Bros. U) ORIGINAL
Peach's Castle Stage ARRANGE
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3) ORIGINAL
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 2) ORIGINAL
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) ORIGINAL
Ground Theme (Super Mario World) ORIGINAL

(Any song you haven't unlocked yet in the Wii U version will be automatically added with the purchase of the stages.
For the record, the only brand new song is Title (Super Mario Maker))

Costumes

Dress your Miis in these great new costumes!

Business Suit (all types) - Looking to fight in style? Dressing up in this makes you look more like you're ready for an interview as opposed to battle...unless, of course, said battle is the interview.

Toad Hat + Toad Suit (Brawler) - Dress yourself up as Peach's ever faithful attendant! Closest we've gotten so far to getting the mushroom head in Smash, at least.

Viridi Wig + Viridi Outfit (Swordfighter) - Unleash the Forces of Nature as this feisty Goddess from Kid Icarus: Uprising! (Reset Bombs not included)

Hunter's Helm + Hunter's Mail (Swordfighter) - Great starting gear for any Monster Hunter out there, though I doubt you'll get many carves here on the Smash battlefield.

Rathalos Helm + Rathalos Armor (Swordfighter) - When your Hunting Rank has improved, why not done an outfit based on the carves you got from the King of the Skies?

Fox Hat + Fox Outfit (Gunner) - Star Fox Zero may be delayed, but McCloud's legacy still lives on in Smash Bros. As an added bonus, this outfit looks closer to his Melee look as opposed to the modern Fox.

Captain Falcon Helmet + Captain Falcon's Punch (Brawler) - Now you, too, can throw your own Falcon Punches, or at least cheap imitations of them. Show 'em your moves in this sleek getup!

(Any outfit that has a hat unlockable in the game will automatically unlock with the purchase of that specific outfit)

---------------------

Also, one last announcement:

THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK TO ENTER THE SMASH BALLOT!

If you have any other characters you would like to suggest, do it now!

Last edited by The Great B-Man on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:21 pm 

Oh my gosh, that guy Toad is so creepy.

On the other hand, a briefcase gun for the business suits is all kinds of awesome.

As for the ballot, I'm perfectly happy with the one Nintendo character (Lip) and third-party character (Simon Belmont) I've already submitted. Something tells me that Konami's not going to be on board, though, given their recent activity.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:54 pm 

I voted for Mr. Sandman. Some say King Hippo is more iconic, but Sandman has appeared in the original arcade game and every console title afterwards, so I'd argue that he's just as iconic as Hippo is. That, and I just like Sandman more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:07 am 

Image Just like with Roy and Ryu, some datamining revealed some hidden stuff in the 3DS version. Unlike last time though, we don't actually know in depth data. Sakurai's team got smarter this time.

Still, we've got a few facts:

3 more slots for characters, which means we could be seeing at least 3 more DLC characters added in the near future.
3 slots for stages. However, one slot seemed to fit in between Duck Hunt stage and Super Mario Maker, which implies maybe Pirate Ship was supposed to be on 3DS as well, but couldn't be done, so the belief is there's going to be two more stages planned as opposed to three.

Wonder what we'll see...?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:48 pm 

Image I...I can't even...!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:52 pm 

I expected many things.

This wasn't any of them.

Still, I can't say no to oversized swords.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:56 pm 

Spoiler: click to show

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:20 pm 

Image Reveal trailer for the curious.

Things to note:

-Brings various different Summons with him (I recognized at least Odin, Ifrit, and Leviathan) UPDATE: Might actually be stage hazards
-Can Limit Break, which seems to improve Cloud's abilities (such as his Up-B Recovery being higher)
-Final Smash appears to be Omnislash, because of course it is
-Midgar Stage (UPDATE: Official site says Cloud comes with the stage for both Wii U and 3DS, much like Ryu and his stage)
-Music includes Those Who Fight and Those Who Fight Further
-Chocobo costume for Mii Fighters

I'm super curious what this might mean for FFVII and Nintendo now. Will Nintendo finally get its own version of the fabled RPG? Could the Remake be coming to NX as well as PS4?

More importantly, will the eShop crash right away? (Answer: Absolutely)

Also, I'm pretty sure at this point, virtually all bets are off! Unless your game is exclusive to a console manufacturer's company, virtually anyone can get into Smash if you believe hard enough!

Last edited by The Great B-Man on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 pm 

That's cool. I know Cloud is like, the huge diva of RPG characters so it's neat to have him on board. That stage looks insane, but amazing!

Though I'm more curious to know what the Smash presentation next month will be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 pm 

Crud, I actually thought it was Isaac until I saw the whole picture.

And so, another classic franchise that debuted on the NES joins the fray, even if the character isn't exactly from the original title.

Well, this took me by surprise. I was thinking Square Enix wasn't even going to show.

But do we get a Moogle outfit for our favorite fabulous forumer's Mii?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:33 pm 

Image This is it, friends! The final video presentation for Super Smash Bros. is coming December 15th! At about 2pm PST that is.

Information on Cloud + more stuff to be shown off here. Let's get ready for one last trip on Mr. Sakurai's Wild Ride!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:19 am 

Shovel Knight.

Calling it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:48 pm 

Image Alright, everything went by a bit fast for me to grasp, but the absolutely final Smash Direct (and, as confirmed in the Direct itself, the last DLC content) has been revealed! Here's what we got:

Information on Cloud: His Limit Break is similar to Little Mac's KO meter, but with some slight adjustments. For starters, you can't actually see it unless you press Down Special, which also slowly builds the Limit along with attacking and taking damage. Once fully charged, all of his Specials become Limits, with heavier hits, farther attacks, etc. Down Special becomes a new attack, Final Touch, which only deals 1% Damage but has massive knockback! Final Smash is Omnislash because of COURSE it is.

Midgar Stage: Has numerous summons that can both affect the stage and hurt other players. Summon Materia will appear and players must grab it in order to summon either Ifrit, Ramuh, Odin, Leviathan, or Behamut ZERO. Summons will not damage the one who summoned them, but everyone else can get hurt and the player who did summon them will get points.

Cloud and Midgar will be available later today.

Final list of Mii Costumes: Chocobo Hat was previously announced and is in. Thanks to having Square-Enix support, Geno from Super Mario RPG finally gets some representation as a Gunner Costume. Other costumes include Bionic Armor, Takamaru, Gil, Ashley, Tails, and Knuckles.

Now, for the big giant ones:

First, the a Newcomer that is actually a Nintendo Character this time:

Corrin from the upcoming Fire Emblem: Fates will be made playable! Corrin is the main protagonist of the game and, like Robin, can be either male or female.
He/She attacks with a blade and also has dragon shapeshifting abilities, which may be a spoiler...
No stage but does get Fates tracks into the game, specifically the main theme which is Lost in Thoughts: All Alone.
Will be available in February.

And finally, the moment you were waiting for...the Smash Ballot winner is:

Bayonetta!!
-1st in Europe
-Top 5 in NA
-1st Overall Worldwide

Bayonetta brings her own sense of style into Smash, with a heavy focus on comboing attacks together. All of her combos can be completed with using her bullets by holding the button instead of pressing it. They have no knockback but deal quick damage as opposed to her melee attacks. Smash attacks use her weaves and her Down Special can activate Witch Time, which slows down anyone she counters. You can choose to wear her new outfit or one based off of her original game.

Also comes with her own stage that is based off the opening scene from the original Bayonetta.

Like Corrin, is also aiming for a February release.

And in case there were any doubts, every fighter announced will get their own amiibo too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:52 pm 

Now I'm really curious to see what the final results of the ballot were.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next