Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: Super Smash Bros.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:36 pm 

Even though he's yet another FE character, Corrin does look unique, what with the dragon form moves and all. I think I'll buy him/her just to fill the roster. I'll definitely buy Bayonetta, she looks fun as hell to play. Cloud is definitely going to be my new main, especially now that I've played and enjoyed FF7. Sorry Ike, but your sword's a toothpick now. No English voice and only two songs is a bit of a bummer, though.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 am 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Sorry Ike, but your sword's a toothpick now.

ooh this game, and Mario Kart 8, are gonna take all my money...and possibly Fire Emblem Awakening as well

That said some cosmic entity is probably going to take this as 'oh you don't want Path of Radiance for a good price? Good! No copy for you.'

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:12 am 

Image Been some time, but we now have the final release dates for Corrin and Bayonetta (and, I would assume, the last bit of Mii Costumes too) and it's a lot sooner than I expected...

February 3rd, as in this Wednesday!

EDIT: It's out now! And for those who are just getting Smash now, there is also two additional bundles for those who just want the stages or the characters. The Character Bundle costs $34.93 per console ($41.93 for both) and the Stage Bundle costs $8.46 on 3DS, $10.45 on Wii U, and $14.45 on both. Yep, this is definitely the last bit of DLC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:53 am 

Image Quick, dirty review:

Instantly took a liking to Corrin. His/her moves are incredibly quick and seem to really rack up a ton of damage over time. Really need to do that since I was having trouble with some of the KOs, though maybe it's because I wasn't hitting with the tip. Aerials are phenomenal! Neutral A is pretty fantastic. Recovering is kinda rubbish though, which is a bit ironic since this is a flipping dragon we're talking here! Certainly not the worst, but the jumps just aren't that super great, really. Overall, this character is rising up as one of my favourites.

Bayonetta is incredibly technical and will take a ton to get used to in order to really get good with her. I suppose on one hand, this keeps her very true to how she plays from her games, with perfect timed dodges and heavy combos the way to go. But on the other hand, the way I play Smash is not the way I could play as Bayonetta. She may even be more complex than Ryu, actually! I'll try to earn the trophies with her but that's about all I can muster. I'm sure in the right hands, she's amazing, but I am not the one who's willing to find out.

Umbra Clock Tower is a fantastic stage, though, and really fun to play on. An interesting twist is that any platforms that reach the top of the screen won't make you get KO'd this time, unlike other stages with rising platforms. It's a perfectly legit stage with a pretty great background and virtually zero gimmicks. Nice to have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51