Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:19 pm 

I'd be interested in those table top games, I think some of them would be great, and I'm not really opposed to any, bar monopoly since it could take far too long though, honestly.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:15 pm 

Scrabble, Apples to Apples, Monopoly, Sorry, Uno, Risk. They all sound good. I just wouldn't know the first thing about Battlestar Galactica or the like.

Someone needs to make a Superfight mod.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:08 pm 

well i just bought tabletop sim and it apparently will run on my toaster, so i'll at least be prepared if it ever happens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:55 pm 

Ah, Uno. I remember playing that game a long, long time ago. It was Sesame Street-themed, if I recall correctly. I'd be up for that as well, even if I might be rusty as to how to play.

With that said, it looks like the most liked games so far are Apples to Apples and Scrabble.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:57 am 

Many thanks to B for sending me a copy of the simulator.

Now, for us to come to a decision on what game to play... I vote Scrabble, since I actually played it not too long ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 pm 

A bit late to ask this, I realize, but now that I'm browsing the Steam Workshop, I see there are several Scrabble mods for Tabletop Simulator... Which one's the best bet? Quick Silver's has the most stars, should we go for that one? The same goes for Apples to Apples, which we definitely should play sometime.

Or does only one player need the mod and can host the game for everyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:52 pm 

When you join someone's room, you automatically download the mod they're using (the board just appears blank until you have it, so yes). I tried Scrabble with B-Man last night and it didn't take too long to download (although there was a bit of difficulty because my connection was being finicky last night for whatever reason), but yes.

It might still be better to just get the mod beforehand, I suppose, but, I'm not the person to ask about that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:21 pm 

Lesson learned: get everything sorted and downloaded well before the game night.

Next Friday... Fibbage, anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:10 am 

((OOC: I've learned something too, and that's sometimes life really gets in the way. You can get phone calls for work at the worst times, in this case, this morning, so slept fairly early despite sleeping a lot already. Happens, though it also means trying to make a dedicated time is pretty fairly difficult for me, especially at that hour.

Which also means, no, Fibbage is not a good idea since, as far as I know, I'm the only one with the game and I'm the only one with a Twitch account because I'm the only one with a computer decent enough to handle streaming.))

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:58 am 

The Great B-Man wrote:
((OOC: I've learned something too, and that's sometimes life really gets in the way. You can get phone calls for work at the worst times, in this case, this morning, so slept fairly early despite sleeping a lot already. Happens, though it also means trying to make a dedicated time is pretty fairly difficult for me, especially at that hour.

Which also means, no, Fibbage is not a good idea since, as far as I know, I'm the only one with the game and I'm the only one with a Twitch account because I'm the only one with a computer decent enough to handle streaming.))

Maybe we could stand to change the time, then. What's a good time for you?

Also, just because I elected Fibbage doesn't mean people can't nominate other games. Let's see some more participation here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:46 pm 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
Maybe we could stand to change the time, then. What's a good time for you?

Also, just because I elected Fibbage doesn't mean people can't nominate other games. Let's see some more participation here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:47 pm 

Maybe we oughta let each other know out generally open hours for these things, keeping in mind the timezones. I'm Central time.

I'm free almost all day most Saturdays, Sunday afternoons, and Monday, Thursday, and Friday nights.

I'm also free until 7:30 ish today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:17 pm 

I'll probably be free Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:35 pm 

I'm in Central as well, hence why I've been using that zone all this time. As someone currently without a job, I'm virtually free all week except for Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I'll let you all know if this changes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:42 am 

I'm double-posting all over this thread.

Anyway, after looking over everyone's availability (those who posted, anyway), I'm thinking of still holding the game night on Fridays, but pushing it forward an hour to 8 PM Central. For those in different time zones, that's 9 PM Eastern, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, 5 PM Alaska, 3 PM Hawaii, 10 PM Atlantic, and 10:30 PM Newfoundland.

If this arrangement doesn't work for anyone, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:08 pm 

So, this would be the point where we have the game night. Since no one has suggested any game other than Fibbage, I would assume that Fibbage is the set game; however, as B-Man pointed out, he's the only one with a Twitch account who can host the game. B-Man is nowhere to be seen. No B-Man, no Fibbage. No Fibbage, no game night.

Any suggestions for next week? I'll have you all know that I've downloaded Pokemon Showdown if anyone wants to have a Pokemon match without the hassle of getting a real team ready, although if you have a real team, I'll be happy to take you on too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:59 pm 

Pokemon it is. Ready your teams for tomorrow night at 8 PM Central. I'd prefer to do this with the games themselves rather than Showdown, but give a shout if Showdown is your town.

How many more posts in a row can I make?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:52 pm 

Well, last night's game night went about as well as could be expected. FSLAR did mention that he'd like to try again for Pokemon next week, though, so there's one suggestion.

Are there any others?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:45 pm 

How about Minecraft, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:40 pm 

I've only played Minecraft for creative, but it kinda doesn't mean much unless you actually use what you create somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:46 pm 

True that.

I actually don't own Minecraft myself, but after watching PBGgameplay's Hardcore series, I got interested. I know a few other folks here have the game--namely Mecha, Raxy, MKAX, Technodragon, and Shredderman--and honestly, I'd just like to have a game night where anybody meets up and plays a game together, whether I'm involved or not.

Just throwing this out there, if you guys were to somehow get together and record a session, be it a Hardcore adventure or any activity, really, I'd be very interested in watching.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:31 am 

Game night tonight at 8 PM Central. Anyone who wants to group up on Minecraft, go for it!

In the meantime, I'll have that Pokemon battle with FSLAR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:37 am 

Do we have a minecraft server?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:42 am 

McKnackus I wrote:
Do we have a minecraft server?

The only one I know of is this one. We could probably stand to make a new one.

Anyway, I managed to have the battles with FSLAR last night, just as promised. Check them out here.

Any ideas for next week's game night? I have one: Apples to Apples on Tabletop Simulator.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:30 pm 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
Apples to Apples on Tabletop Simulator.

YES PLEASE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next