Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaming Status
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 pm 

Yep thanks to B-Man I got Amnesia.

And now I can't play it for a week or two!

Whoo!

also, once again, thanks B-Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:07 pm 

And the lovable feline got me Dark Souls!

So, to quote myself when I saw it pop up when I woke up this evening:
WAAAOAH

But yeah, many thanks, B-Man!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 pm 

DEAR B-MAN,

!#%$ YOU FOR DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTIONS I WILL HATE IT FOREVER AND YOU ARE A BAD PERSON FOR SENDING IT I HOPE FOR CHRISTMAS A CANADIAN BREAKS INTO YOUR HOUSE AND MAKES YOU BREAKFAST AND WONT LEAVE YOU ALONE AND TELLS YOU ABOUT HIS MOOSE FUR SOCKS ALL DAY

LOVE MECHA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 pm 

Thank you B-man for Dustforce. I've been wanting to play it, but couldn't.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm 

I completely forgot I even had things on my wish list on Steam, let alone Left 4 Dead 2. (In fact I don't even know why I didn't have the original on my wishlist >.>)

All the thanks B-Man.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 am 

Super Penguin M wrote:
So B bought me Primordia on Steam. Thanks, B, but now I feel like I owe you.

Image You don't owe me anything. Think about what time of year it is right now.

Besides, I needed some cheering up after reading NP's final issue, and making others happy usually helps get my spirits up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 am 
Sage

yo bman you can just send me train simulator 2013 + all dlc (a value of $1632.26) to my PO box at http://steamcommunity.com/id/DetectiveMecha so i can pick it up in the morning, tia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:37 am 

I logged on tonight to see that B had gifted me Jet Set Radio. I can't wait to replay this game with the update graphics! :o

Thank you for that awesome surprise!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:26 am 

Image Alrighty then, firstly, thanks to Techno and Yokuba for a few gifts (even though I said you all don't owe me anything). I look forward to some Dustforce and Awesomenauts in the future.

In the mean time, also enjoying some MediEvil for the first time since I really liked the character design of Sir Daniel Fortesque.

(Kinda funny... Was trying to find specific cutscenes to relive and ended up in FSL's channel.)

Guess I should also bring up You Don't Know Jack as well, which I've been going on between my PC an iOS every once in a while. It makes me feel so stupid but I love it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 pm 

Same thing happened with me and Crash Bandicoot. I was looking up a video of all the boss fights and going "Ah, the memories..." then I noticed I was on FSL's channel and went "Wait, WHAT?!"

Anyways, I went to Gamestop today and bought all three Gears of War games. I also wanted to get BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, but they didn't have it in stock. So I'll have to settle with brown and muscles for now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:31 am 

FSL is raking in lods o emone on the youtubes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 am 

Raxy wrote:
FSL is raking in lods o emone on the youtubes
and just in time for the holidays and some family birthdays

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 am 

I got through the Gears 1 campaign on Casual mode, the easiest one.

I gotta say, I'm really liking this series so far. I just wish General RAAM (the final boss) wasn't so !#%$ hard to beat. I don't even wanna try the campaign again on a harder mode because of him. I'll wait till I have a fellow friend to do it with.

But yeah, finished Gears 1. Onto Gears 2, then 3, and then I guess I'll go do some achievement hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 am 

Psssshh, CASUAL MODE? WHAT A SCRUB. I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED PLAYING IT ON SUCH A LOWBIE DIFFICULTY.

or, at all

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 am 
Sage

play a better game

like bad rats.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 am 

oh I love that game. You would not BELIeVE the number of times cats have hurt me. It's onestly a little bit funny.

Well, once you get past the numberous scratch wounds from things as casual as just trying to dip a chip over a cats head.

Still, attacking cats with physics is what my therapist recommended after the last accident so I recommend it

even if you don't hate cats and hate rats and stuff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:39 pm 

I dug up my copy of 999 for my trip to New York, loaded up a cheat sheet on which doors to go through to get each ending and started the process of solving puzzles. It's funny, but in the process of looking at the guide for the game, I learned something funny: The ending I got the first time I beat the game was the true ending, which can't be unlocked until the player gets a certain ending. Otherwise, the game stops at certain point, the "To Be Continued.." screen I got the first time. The second ending I got, which I also got by myself a while back, was the ending that the player needed to get to unlock the true ending. Nevertheless I had four days to kill, so I decided to go for the other three endings first and cap it off with the true ending last.

So last night, while on the plane, I got to the familiar door 9 and this time, the game continued. The game then threw some more puzzles at me, followed by one of the biggest pseudoscience !#%$ I've ever encountered in a video game. Now, for the sequel...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 pm 

I thought I payed my debt to society by giving away multiple copies of badrats, but some Revan jerk just randomly bought me Batman Arkham Asylum: GOTY and ruined that, so now I have to go get MORE gift copies of badrats! Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:34 pm 

This same jerk got me Bastion.

):

also, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 pm 

DEAR REVAN ASSFACE

THANKS FOR THE JET FORCE GAME I PLAN TO DESTROY IT AND THEN TELL YOU ABOUT HOW BAD OF A GAME IT WAS WHILE SECRETLY LOVING IT AND PROBABLY WRITING FANFICTION ABOUT IT

FOREVER HATING YOU

MECHA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:05 pm 

Image I, trying to be as optimistic as I can, will appreciate the gift also given to me in the form of KotOR II. So thank you.

(See? It's not that hard. Whether you were being serious or not, I don't care.)

Also got me some Scribblenauts Unlimited for Wii U...but I accidentally left it at the home I had obtained. Not a huge problem since I really wanna get on getting that PVR first anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:40 pm 

So it's Christmas! I got Pokémon Black 2 and Halo 4. Now I can be a child AND an adult whenever I want.

I had also wanted a pre-paid code for 1 year of Xbox Live Gold. Unfortunately, I got 1600 Microsoft Points instead. That's okay, though, because I used 1200 of those to get Banjo Kazooie.

Still, sucks to not have any online multiplayer. I guess I'll buy an Xbox Live Gold card myself once school starts again.

Edit: Holy !#%$! Halo 4 also included a 14 day trial for Xbox Live Gold. I can play online multiplayer after all. This has been a very Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Shredderman8160 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:48 pm 

So, I just played To The Moon.

The story is really great overall. But it was bogged down by the main characters, who needed to be there for the plot to happen, yet at the same time it felt like they were forced to be there. Their dialog cut into good moments, their characterization was shaky, how they were written was bad and riddled with unneeded pop culture references. Yet the game needs them to tell its story. It could be fixed if they were written better but over all I just did not care for them.

And the game itself couldn't really be called a game, as that implies gameplay. I think it would of worked better as a webcomic or something, I don't think it used its engine to great effect. The controls were another issue. There was no options, so I couldn't put it in windowed mode, which was odd as the first time I ran it, it was, and the second time it was full-screen. I would of liked keyboard controls, but I don't think the keyboard even worked until near the end of the game? Or if it did, I had problems with it earlier in the game. And even if walking around worked and I didn't notice, the keyboard still would of needed a interact button. I just did not like the mouse controls.

Overall I give it rabbit/10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:05 pm 

Salesalesalesalesalesalesalesale!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:31 pm 

I've managed to get a few games during the steam Sale. So far I only nabbed FTL, Jet Set Radio and Grand Theft Auto 4 Complete Edition.

I've been playing FTL and enjoying despite not being able to beat the game on easy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next