Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaming Status
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:30 pm 

Got the platinum trophy in Bloodborne. I will never get tired of this type of combat system. Dark Souls III can't come soon enough.

Oh yeah, Super Mystery Dungeon...I should probably get back to that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:28 pm 

For the foreseeable future, the main waste of my time is going to be one game, and one game only:

STREET FIGHTER V.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:47 am 

Bacon Supreme wrote:
For the foreseeable future, the main waste of my time is going to be one game, and one game only:

STREET FIGHTER V.
You should train up, and enter a tournament with the tag "DE_Bacon". Bring honor and glory to this fallen kingdom.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:41 am 

Image Happy Fates Day! Just about to hit Chapter 10 of my Birthright run and enjoying it thus far. Still decided which members to go with and who to bench at the moment.

Spoiler: click to show
Image ...And I'm not looking forward to seeing how the Nohr siblings acts towards my main character now... Those first couple of chapters did good letting me know they were special... Urk...
Elise even glomps you... Don't make me kill her, please...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:45 pm 

On my end, I'm happy to report that I just got a new Internet connection. No more errors during Splatoon matches for me! I should also be raring to go for any Steam games. New laptop + Internet upgrade = much yes.

Speaking of Steam, I just bought Psychonauts but have yet to give it an honest go.

I also completed Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon's story. I liked it. Compared to the other games, I'd place this story 2nd, behind Explorers' but ahead of Rescue Team's. Gates to Infinity's brings up the rear.

By the way, all Splatoon owners, tomorrow's Splatfest. The theme is Pokémon Red vs. Pokémon Blue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:39 pm 

Location: Unknown, but it no doubt involves appliances found in the kitchen.
Been playing Birthright as well. Loving it.

I am not going to like facing the Nohr Siblings. At all. And Conquest is going to be just as painful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 pm 

Azure wrote:
Been playing Birthright as well. Loving it.

I am not going to like facing the Nohr Siblings. At all. And Conquest is going to be just as painful.

Image You are? Tried to see your castle, but I guess you haven't uploaded it yet. I suppose that's fair, it's still super early on and there probably isn't much to see.

As an aside,

I'm actually not feeling much attachment towards the Hoshido siblings as opposed to the Nohr siblings. They feel kind of distant, which I guess actually makes the situation more relatable. Having played as far as I did, I haven't really seen much love for the main character in the same way I saw with Nohr's family. Sakura's too shy to speak up, Ryoma is kind of bland, and Takumi's a jerk. The only one to seemingly express emotion seems to be Hinoka, who broke down in tears when first seeing you alive whilst everyone else seemed more shocked and surprised. I'd say more but I think I'll wait until you progressed further.

------------------------------------------------------------

Almost at Chapter 15 and doing some Paralogues. Decided to dress myself up as the Hero-King since it looked snazzy...also I want some of those skills for my first run. The Level 35 one sounds especially nice (steal SPD for every kill for the map? Yes please!). When I do my final Revelation Run, I have other Skills in mind, but I might as well see how this works out.

みんな、見ていてくれ!

S-Supporting a few units now.

My choice...is probably no surprise...

This has led to what is probably one of the most awesome lines uttered by the main character so far:

Vicious...

Still enjoying it a lot. Powering through further now!

So, FSLAR, bunny-cat is old news. Meet dragon-fox-cat! Told ya it'd be a messy one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:53 pm 

Been playing FFXIV for the past couple of weeks. Beat the main storyline, got to Ishgard, and achieved my ultimate goal of becoming a Dark Knight.

Now to get out there and break stereotypes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:31 am 

I see that on the day of its release, B-Man, Super Penguin M, and Lord Crump are all playing Pokkén Tournament.

Me? I'm still playing Splatoon. There's another Splatfest tomorrow that I intend to help my team win.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 am 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
I see that on the day of its release, B-Man, Super Penguin M, and Lord Crump are all playing Pokkén Tournament.

Me? I'm still playing Splatoon. There's another Splatfest tomorrow that I intend to help my team win.

Image And you can read all about my impressions right here! Having a blast online and offline, which is rare for a fighting game to do. I haven't come across any of the pros yet online, though I imagine my win streak can't last forever (5 for 5 right now).

It's pretty much the exact opposite of my feelings regarding Splatoon. Both were games that I thought could finally get me into a genre I don't really enjoy that much (Splatoon - Team Based Shooters / Pokkén - Fighting). While Pokkén succeeded in giving me a game in the genre I am actually really enjoying, I found myself more annoyed than anything with Splatoon. Maybe I'm just not good in teams, I dunno (4-v-4 vs. 1-v-1) but Splatoon didn't click. I thought it would, but unfortunately, it didn't work out. I respect the game for trying something new and it's certainly the best shooter I've played in years, but it's not one I intend to go back to, like...ever.

-----------

With that said, it's not just Pokkén that's been holding my attention. With word out that Pokémon Bank will actually use the VC titles, I went ahead and downloaded Blue for my 3DS. Got a decent team set out, nothing I haven't used before, really. Mostly, I just wanted to see if the Mew Glitch still worked (and it does) but whether or not I can transfer it over will have to wait until the functionality is added.

I also got Twilight Princess HD. Haven't went that far in it. I already know how it's going to play out. Jumped into Hero Mode because, honestly, Ganondorf doing a quarter-heart of damage is just embarrassing... I can at least move it to half. Now I just need to get a Ganondorf amiibo. Speaking of amiibo, that's literally the only reason I purchased this game in the first place. I like Twilight Princess well enough, but I just wanted Wolf Link and Midna on my desk.

Still on the old game bandwagon, my annoyance at the announcement of Color Splash had me finally just cave down and say "Fine, if I can't get a new Paper Mario RPG, I'll just play an older one," and fired up Thousand Year Door for the umpteenth time. Despite me not having a Component Cable for the GCN (have you seen the prices for those things?!) the game still looks great on a modern TV, despite some slight blurs when moving. It holds up exceptionally well and is a timeless classic. Just finished Chapter 3 and that's still as amazing as the first time I did it. As an aside, every time Lord Crump pops up in the game, I always keep thinking back to our user Lord Crump and things get weird...

And one last old game, but unlike the last three, I never played this one: Diablo II. With word that Blizzard was taking the time to update their games so they'd work better on modern PCs (a feat their other half in the Activision-Blizzard partnership could learn from) I decided to take a look at it. At only $10 (plus and additional $10 for the expansion), I didn't see the harm. It's actually pretty great so far, even though I'm only on Act I. Playing a Druid with a werewolf build in mind and am tearing things to shreds! I just wish I wasn't over-encumbered all the time! I need to be more selective about what I pick up and bring and what I leave behind.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:14 am 

Splatoon's online is pretty neat. I need to start doing more team battles with RL friends to get used to the stuff more...I also joined the Pokken bandwagon after finding a lovely deal on it and getting some free stuff with it today. Can't blame B and company. though I can't not see Sandra as Weavile.... I got Twilight Princess HD as well, haven't really gotten too far due to deciding to finish up a ton of games over spring break, new and old but it's nice. I wish it fixed a bit more but it's a lovely update. I found a copy of Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS in a store while heading out, picked it up and it's nifty. Not too special but still cool.

To be honest I don't think Color Splash will be that bad. But that's only because people are saying it'll be Federation Force levels of bad...no! Even though Color Splash lacks the mainstrays like loveable partners, it won't be that bad. I might try to pick up Sticker Star since I've seen it so dirt cheap, I'm just not having high expectations. Similar to B and TTYD right now, I have the same mindset with Metroid though in light of Federation Force, since I picked up a few copies of the Prime games since I found them real cheap and wanted to see what was changed between the Trilogy pack and original copies. Prime 2's difficulty was totally scaled back in some fights, I can see that, and Prime only just feels different due to controls, not much else. Prime 3 I only noticed they censored Admiral Dane saying 'damn!' which is...hilarious. Oh Nintendo, you amuse me so.

I browsed a retro store near me and picked up Mega Man X7, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Haven't played X7, but Amazing Mirror is kind of neat, feels like Metroidvania and Kirby, interesting! I need to finish up the other Mega Man X games since I'm only now finally finishing up the classic games after marathoning with a friend. Lastly, due to some Amazon deals, I found Rayman Origins and Legends and got them for pretty cheap. Loving Origins, and expecting some of the same quality with Legends when I reach that.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:05 am 

Well, I completed the main scenario for Heavensward by beating the Knights of the Round. Now to unlock content, gear up, and eventually try my hand at Alexander. That should keep me busy until Dark Souls III comes out next month.

I'm so disappointed that you can't actually get King Thordan's sword, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:58 pm 

Image Okay, so I am now completely done the Single Player stuff in Pokkén. The so-called Grand Champion has been defeated and I am the best in the Ferrum League.

...And I feel like I've really learned nothing because when I get online, at a mere rank E3, I get my head handed to me. The problem is I just can't set my mind up to string stuff together. It's like, I know what needs to be done and what buttons I need to press ("Okay, got Sunny Day, now I just have to Y Y Y Forward A, wait, up X A and it'll Phase Shift") and can pull it off quite easily in Practice Mode, but once in a real fight, I just completely black out.

How do the "real fighting game" guys do it? Pokkén is by far the least complex I've played and I still keep going back to my old main stay of "spam same attack and hope it hits" mentality.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:41 pm 

Image Ninty's got a small sale going on, so I took a look through the list and decided to grab Konami Krazy Racers for GBA VC. It's actually pretty alright and makes me miss the days when Konami was pretty cool. Actually came out before Mario Kart: Super Circuit. My go-to character was Nyami from Pop'n Music (though I was sorta tempted by that incredibly cartoonish version of Dracula from Castlevania). Honestly, I prefer the graphics of this over Super Circuit. The latter felt too washed out. With that said, I'm not sure if the track design is as good and there doesn't appear to be any special skills (power sliding, snaking, etc.) involved here, so it was much simpler to get through and unlock everything (four hidden characters).

It was harmless enough. I enjoyed it. I definitely had to let out a big smile though when I heard Beginning from Dracula's Curse playing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:33 pm 

DARK SOULS III, !#%$!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next