Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Gaming Status
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:13 pm 

Elby wrote:
In here, talk about what games you've recently obtained via whatever means, which one's you're playing and what you think of them, and which one's you've recently beaten.

Try not to double post. If you post, and no one posts for a long time, and then you have something else worthwhile to post, then sure, but posting that you got game X and Y and then posting again the next day saying you're playing game X and Y and that they're awesome (or suck ostrich eggs) is exactly the type of thing this thread was made to stop.

Post subject: Re: Gaming Status
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:52 pm 

Image In case anyone missed it on the old board...

The English patch was released! I am now deep back in the Algol Star System once again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 am 

I've almost beat Metroid Prime 2 (on the final boss) and I've returned to Minecraft now that I have a new computer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 am 

Everyone go buy Way of the Samurai 4 on PSN

It's like Saints Row 2 with swords, it's beautiful in every way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:23 pm 

Location: Unknown, but it no doubt involves appliances found in the kitchen.
That's the plan Mecha.

Speaking of Xseed published games, started a fresh file on Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm 

I've been playing MLB The Show 12 for at least a solid two-three weeks straight. My Blue Jays franchise is going extremely well.

Starting rotation began w/ Matt Garza/Ricky Romero/James Shields/Livan Hernandez/Scott Kazmir, but Livan quickly proved to suck all kinds of ass so I traded his lame ass self to the Yankees and put in the bomb rookie Kyle Drabek(who had performed well in 10 innings of relief of Livan) in his place. Garza was also sucking, so I traded him for Cole Hamels, who was on a hot streak...but I quickly found his style didn't gel with mine and he went on a cold streak, so I finally send him to the Mariners and got a guy I really like to be my ace, Felix Hernandez. So now my rotation is, in order, Felix Hernandez/Ricky Romero/James Shield/Kyle Drabek/Scott Kazmir. None of them have losing records and their ERA is all pretty nice, though Kazmir and Shields' flirt with a bit high for me, and Shields only posted his first walk after 89 innings. Kazmir also has 11 wins, which is pretty neat.

Bullpen is really solid too: Takashi Saito has performed admirably as a closer by blowing no saves, but he's also only had 15 chances, while Hideki Okajima didn't allow a run for almost 22 innings. Right now my bullpen has Carlos Villanueva and Andrew Brackman as long guys, Jon Rauch and Hideki Okajima as Middle Relief, Aroldis Chapman and Kyle Farnsworth as Setup Men and, as said, Saito at closer. Okajima/Rauch started the hottest, but Farnsworth has gone hot now while Okajima solildly cooled. Aroldis Chapman is also doing better after a rough start.

My lineup is what has to be considered All-Star, though, as I trot out Hanley Ramirez, Juan Rivera, Brian Roberts, Jose Bautista, Kendrys Morales, Carlos Beltran, Chase Headley, Travis Snider and Mike Napoli out as an AL-DH RHP rotation, with Swisher in Snider's place against lefties: My bench is solid with Swisher/Snider, double catchers and good pinch hitters J.P. Arencibia and Francisco Cervelli and great defensive(but bad offensive) infield utility man John McDonald.

Bautista's year has been particularly special, batting over .400 through 78 games(Currently .433), crushing in 20 HRs and leading the league in RBIs with 78(Second place has 61). Morales also went on a hot streak, managing to squeak his way over .400 with a .418 so far, and Mike Napoli just came off a surprise 4 Home Run game(EXTREMELY rare) in a game where I hit 9 of them total. We've also got some decent base steal totals from Roberts and Ramirez, with the amusing statistical anomaly of Roberts not having a single HR, and a lot of guys hitting some good RBI numbers and averages.

Right now I'm 57-21 with an eleven game cushion over the Red Sox, 14 over the tied Yankees/Rays. Other division leaders are the Indians(44-34, 3.5 ahead of the White Sox), The Athletics(47-32, 9.0 ahead of the Mariners), the Phillies and Mets(Tied at 41-37, 4.0 ahead of the Braves, 5.0 ahead of the Nationals, 7.0 ahead of the Marlins), the Brewers(46-33, 2.5 games ahead of the Cardinals, 6.5 games ahead of the Cub) and the Diamondbacks(1.5 games ahead of the Rockies, 3.0 games ahead of the Padres, 3.5 games ahead of the Dodgers, 5.0 ahead of the Giants), with the Wild Cards held by the Red Sox(36-32, 3.0 ahead of the Yankees/Rays) and Cardinals(43-35, only half a game ahead of the Rockies and then 2.0 ahead of three seperate teams, plus 2.5 ahead of the Dodgers).

This has been a Ruki gaming update about a game about a sport nobody else will care about. Ezcept Conan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:18 pm 

Playing Skyrim, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and Soul Calibur V, with occasional moments of either Minecraft 360 or Beat Hazard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:22 pm 

Still been playing Halo: Reach. Though I now have 3 months of Xbox Live Gold thanks to a card that came free with the console, so I'm just playing online multiplayer a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Still been playing Halo: Reach. Though I now have 3 months of Xbox Live Gold thanks to a card that came free with the console, so I'm just playing online multiplayer a lot.

Which modes have you been playing? My roommates and I haven't played in a while (at this point we'll probably wait for 4's release, playing in the meantime all the games we bought through the Steam Summer Sale that we still have yet to play and/or finish), but when we did, we generally played SWAT (No radar, no overshield, and weapons limited to pistol/DMR), Grifball (get the ball to the enemy's goal, weapons limited to Energy Swords/Gravity Hammers), and the occasional game of Infection (defeated players on the "human" team join the "zombie" team; humans are limited to pistols/shotguns, zombies Energy Swords). We would occasionally play other modes, but those are the ones we generally stuck to.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm 

TechnoDragon64 wrote:
Shredderman8160 wrote:

Which modes have you been playing? My roommates and I haven't played in a while (at this point we'll probably wait for 4's release, playing in the meantime all the games we bought through the Steam Summer Sale that we still have yet to play and/or finish), but when we did, we generally played SWAT (No radar, no overshield, and weapons limited to pistol/DMR), Grifball (get the ball to the enemy's goal, weapons limited to Energy Swords/Gravity Hammers), and the occasional game of Infection (defeated players on the "human" team join the "zombie" team; humans are limited to pistols/shotguns, zombies Energy Swords). We would occasionally play other modes, but those are the ones we generally stuck to.

I'm pretty much trying out as many modes as I can to see what they're like. My favorite ones right now have to be Infection, Team Swat, and Big Team Battle (8 on 8 with vehicles involved). I still haven't tried every mode, though. Right now I'd like to try out Multi Team (4 teams of 3 fighting each other).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
TechnoDragon64 wrote:
Shredderman8160 wrote:

I'm pretty much trying out as many modes as I can to see what they're like. My favorite ones right now have to be Infection, Team DMR, and Big Team Battle (8 on 8 with vehicles involved). I still haven't tried every mode, though. Right now I'd like to try out Multi Team (4 teams of 3 fighting each other).

Try Grifball. It's fun, especially since last time I played, they had created some new variants where you can sprint or use the jetpack. I'm not good at the jetpack one, preferring vanilla Grifball and Evolved (you get the evade ability, though if you're holding the ball as use it, you drop the ball). I usually let my teammates do the scoring, preferring to just whip out the Gravity Hammer and start going to town on the enemy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm 

TechnoDragon64 wrote:
Try Grifball. It's fun, especially since last time I played, they had created some new variants where you can sprint or use the jetpack. I'm not good at the jetpack one, preferring vanilla Grifball and Evolved (you get the evade ability, though if you're holding the ball as use it, you drop the ball). I usually let my teammates do the scoring, preferring to just whip out the Gravity Hammer and start going to town on the enemy.

I've tried Grifball, it's really fun. I usually let my teammates do the scoring, too, though I tried scoring once and I came really close. I managed to avoid my opponent's attacks by jumping around a lot, which helps since having the ball with me increased my running speed. I'd rather go to town with the Gravity Hammer, too. Not sure why they even gave you an Energy Sword, when the Gravity Hammer is the same thing, just with a slightly wider range.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:33 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
TechnoDragon64 wrote:

I've tried Grifball, it's really fun. I usually let my teammates do the scoring, too, though I tried scoring once and I came really close. I managed to avoid my opponent's attacks by jumping around a lot, which helps since having the ball with me increased my running speed. I'd rather go to town with the Gravity Hammer, too. Not sure why they even gave you an Energy Sword, when the Gravity Hammer is the same thing, just with a slightly wider range.

I believe the Energy Sword swings slightly faster than the Gravity Hammer. It's also got this difficult to avoid lunge attack to it. Though with the hammer it is possible to perform some sort of jump with it if done right in order to get a lot of air, but I cannot pull it off.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm 

Image So now, I've started playing Dust: An Elysian Tail. Great title. Love the characters.

Now, some of you might've noticed something...

That game's an XBLA exclusive.

"Whoa, B, you mad mastermind genius!" you might be saying. "You've discovered the secret to reverse engineer XBLA games to be played on your PC now?!"

Image Errr...no.

I just went ahead and bought the console.

Yes, I now own all three modern consoles and a PC.

Image Whaddaya say to that?!

Image I say you should be more careful with your money...

...And your obsession with the fandom is getting dangerously sickening. We all know what the big reason you got that game was for...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:27 pm 

Oh, that gamed looked pretty cool from videos but I can't say i'd buy a console for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next