Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Worldbuilding Game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 am 

And Alice did look upon Her powers failures and was filled with Her understanding, of the need for those to follow her name, and to sing it's praises throughout. To this end, She did not promise the greatest of the land's wealth, not did She disparage those who would be against Her, but instead would She lead by example, and by action, and by results.

And so did She instruct Little One to weave Her tale. To instruct him in the way of Her role in the creation of the world as it was known, and what was not Her, and what had passed, and what had failed to be. And so did She instruct Little One to show them how She had given him the knowledge to create protection, and to hunt better, and to show Her gifts to the others by showing it, and by using them, and by giving all who would ask, though they believed in what She said or not, the instructions to learn from Little One, and to be shown ways to hunt better, and to navigate better, and to create shelter, and to till agriculture, so that they might decide for themselves if Her way would be good to them, and would be kind to them, and would care for them, so that Her prophet might lead by example, and might be open about Her to all, and that all might be open to Her. And so would Her people, She hoped, find the salvation She had hoped would call to them, when they saw upon Her prophet's abilities.

Rolled a 96
Spoiler: click to show
...Again? WELP.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 am 

From an unknown void, the Great Curiosity entered the world. Seeing it for the fullness of its potential, he foresaw a great orchestration of reality that could unfold. And so he began his work.

His first task was was to create a landscape responsive to his designs. He selected a region in the eastern hemisphere and began to carve out a massive network of spires and canyons stretching for miles. To do his bidding, he began forming stone creatures of all shapes and sizes, each with a purpose and a each reflection of its maker. They were to be his tools, exalted for their service.

Rolled 88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 pm 

Legault tittered to himself. Of course, it was not the coin that was important in and of itself. Yet, anyways.

For now though, it was time to begin to guide the Fleigh'ur to their greater destiny. Or make up very convincing !#%$ as he went along - either way! So it was that he plucked a strand from his quill, twisting it between his fingers experimentally. This strand would be as a string of fate - a lifeline, if you will. All he needed to do was attach it to one of the many owls below in order to associate the two. This in and of itself would not be the great working of creation, so the playwright did not anticipate any serious problems in performing this task.

After looking around at the Fleigh'ur living their daily, toil-filled lives with only the occasional rat to break them from the dull existence of consuming plants with a somewhat acidic content, Legault selected one who looked thin and sickly. Pulling out a jeweler's loupe, he leaned in close to the world, invisible to lower order beings who could not perceive the supreme realm within which the gods worked, and eyed this Fleigh'ur. Once he spied the miserable creature's soul, he took the strand from his quill, and, as a seamstress pulls a thread through the hole of a needle, so too did Legault exercise the most subtle movement that he could to pull this strand through the sickly Fleigh'ur's soul. Only through this would he attach the two essences, his own and the Fleigh'ur's, and claim this creature for his master's higher purposes.

This act would be the beginning of an effort to make this chosen bird transcend his peers. It would be the beginning of the inception of an era.

(Roll: 100)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:39 pm 

"Hello world!"

new.addplayer = Gene the Ascended ;

"First order of business. I require...A SHRUBBERY! A nice one. With a little hill so you get a nice path. A PATH, I SAY!" The new god took out his d100 and rolled. And so, it began.

Roll = 74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:52 pm 

((OOC: Switching to second person because yes))

It would appear you have missed a number of turns in your otherworldly obligations. Perhaps the fates would allow a bit of leeway in your next appeals.

With your dual suns established in the skies, it's time to set the world in motion. You spin Ayotil on the axis of the poles, slowly so as not to destroy the established areas, and you set in motion Leth, Soleth, and Cogus, with cogus as the closest, leth as the second closest, and Soleth as the farthest. They are set at different speeds to offer day and night cycles for both planets, and allow Cogus to eclipse them both. Every 100 years they would all align and create an intense beam of pure, all encompassing light, focused by Cogus, on the northeastern tip of the planet.

You hope The Censored One will not mind the change in scenery.

With the world now in motion, you decide to make your first mark on the land. You take a godly cleaver, and slowly press it into the land, breaking the crust and creating slanted mountains and a deep valley that stretch for miles, aligned with the orbits of Leth and Soleth. A spring of water shoots up from the broken crust, and fills the deep valley, creating a river as wide as a grand lake, fed from subterrainian water systems.

From this region would your kin later be formed to live by light.

Your roll a 91, hopeful that the fates will allow your creation to come to be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

Horus mutters a little bit under his breath. "Great, so I got a demon bird. Well, let's see what I can do about it."

Horus looks at the land surrounding the demon bird. He knew that the Fellbird would have to lay its eggs at some point. And it's always the environment that changes the child. Maybe the spawn of the Fellbird won't be as deadly if they had a lovely environment.

He willed the land to be filled with the finest of water and flora for the future spawn to feed upon outside of the Fellbird's influence. Then, maybe in a generation or two, not only would the Fellbird's spawn be kind and good, but maybe they could work together with the wildlife to fend off the foes slowly surrounding them. A true feat of nature beating out technology.

Rolled a 2

I don't even plan for high rolls anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 am 

((OOC: Okay you must be doing something wrong. The chances of rolling that many 2s is extremely low. You have to have some kind of options turned on to get rolls that low this consistently.))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 am 
Site Admin

McKnackus I wrote:
((OOC: Okay you must be doing something wrong. The chances of rolling that many 2s is extremely low. You have to have some kind of options turned on to get rolls that low this consistently.))

((OOC: Nope. Tried out another roll and I got an 82! Then a 79 and then a 32. So I am pretty confident in saying that my (Horus's) luck is that crappy.))

I personally think it's my avatar. Always hard up on luck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 am 

((OOC: Lotta replies to make, so lets get started. With so many players, I'll try to give everyone more time to post. Also, new places would be great, this place is looking kinda bland.))

Elby wrote:
Oh, now the world was forcing him to give a !#%$, was it. Fine, have it your way. We'll see just who is giving a !#%$ in the end.
We'll start off simple and direct: a spirit to visit each tribe of Bolba and Leyar alike, using what little power he could still muster to be universally understood, to deliver the holy message of !#%$:
"I'm not going to !#%$ you. I'm a god, and I'm here to tell you that I need you, and you need me. Other gods might tell you about hope and kindness and nonsense like that, or try to clean up the mess left around like some kind of janitor. Don't even get me started on that doofus that keeps trying to make birds, dear god. But that's not the point: the point is, this world cares not for you. Plants that spew acid on whatever they touch, gigantic monsters that lay waste to everything in their path, even hives of tiny creatures that rip the land asunder to devour the metal it holds and overwhelm the planet. This world is not a kind one. The point is, you need a protector, and I can't do that unless I can get your worship. So next time you need help, just look to me on the moon of Cogus; always sitting idle, always watching over, always there since the dawn of time. For in the end, !#%$."

Once the message was delivered to all four recipients, it would vanish, its mission complete.

Rolled a 60.

He found that his divine voice was beyond mortal comprehension and his message was ignored by all. All except the Yic'sil tribe. They were deeply moved by the god whose words were blocked by his own divinity and called him The Censored One. They felt somehow, if they relaxed, Cogus would protect them. The Yic'sil are now worshiping !#%$. Despite the tribe becoming less productive, they appear to be happier.

Mecha wrote:
"LOOK, LOOK TO THE SKYS, TO THE MOUNTAINS, TO THE PLAINS, TO THE TREES," THEY WOULD PREACH, "FOR THE NEXT THREE DAYS, THREE GREAT MIRACLES WILL OCCUR, AND YOU WILL BEAR WITNESS TO THEM. AND YOU WILL RESPECT YOUR GOD, THE ONE WHO BREATHED LIFE INTO YOUR LANDS AND GAVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEEDED TO LIVE. JEFF, THE LUCKIEST GOD. AND AFTER THESE THREE DAYS, I WILL GIVE YOU A GREAT GIFT, BUT ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
81,+0
Total:81

Jeff had a much more successful time delivering a message than !#%$. On the first day it rains foods. On the second, animals begin walking to the villages and lay down to be hunted, and on the third strange lights danced across the sky. While the other tribes did not think much of these phenomena, the second Leyar tribe was awed and vowed to worship The Holy Roller. They eagerly await his gift.

Ruki Motomiya wrote:
And Alice did look upon Her powers failures and was filled with Her understanding, of the need for those to follow her name, and to sing it's praises throughout. To this end, She did not promise the greatest of the land's wealth, not did She disparage those who would be against Her, but instead would She lead by example, and by action, and by results.

And so did She instruct Little One to weave Her tale. To instruct him in the way of Her role in the creation of the world as it was known, and what was not Her, and what had passed, and what had failed to be. And so did She instruct Little One to show them how She had given him the knowledge to create protection, and to hunt better, and to show Her gifts to the others by showing it, and by using them, and by giving all who would ask, though they believed in what She said or not, the instructions to learn from Little One, and to be shown ways to hunt better, and to navigate better, and to create shelter, and to till agriculture, so that they might decide for themselves if Her way would be good to them, and would be kind to them, and would care for them, so that Her prophet might lead by example, and might be open about Her to all, and that all might be open to Her. And so would Her people, She hoped, find the salvation She had hoped would call to them, when they saw upon Her prophet's abilities.

Rolled a 96
...Again? WELP.

After time passed they were slowly more receptive to his words, and while not quite using tools began living under incredibly basic shelters made from fallen metal branches. They had trouble grasping the more advanced concepts, however. They slowly began to worship the goddess he spoke of, who they came to know as The Metal Lady.

Snes wrote:
From an unknown void, the Great Curiosity entered the world. Seeing it for the fullness of its potential, he foresaw a great orchestration of reality that could unfold. And so he began his work.

His first task was was to create a landscape responsive to his designs. He selected a region in the eastern hemisphere and began to carve out a massive network of spires and canyons stretching for miles. To do his bidding, he began forming stone creatures of all shapes and sizes, each with a purpose and a each reflection of its maker. They were to be his tools, exalted for their service.

Rolled 88

The vast, simple-minded golems were created and began building great canyons for their creator under its influence.

Mister Owl wrote:
After looking around at the Fleigh'ur living their daily, toil-filled lives with only the occasional rat to break them from the dull existence of consuming plants with a somewhat acidic content, Legault selected one who looked thin and sickly. Pulling out a jeweler's loupe, he leaned in close to the world, invisible to lower order beings who could not perceive the supreme realm within which the gods worked, and eyed this Fleigh'ur. Once he spied the miserable creature's soul, he took the strand from his quill, and, as a seamstress pulls a thread through the hole of a needle, so too did Legault exercise the most subtle movement that he could to pull this strand through the sickly Fleigh'ur's soul. Only through this would he attach the two essences, his own and the Fleigh'ur's, and claim this creature for his master's higher purposes.

This act would be the beginning of an effort to make this chosen bird transcend his peers. It would be the beginning of the inception of an era.

(Roll: 100)

The creature chosen to be its avatar upon the world grew bigger, to a size of 5 feet with a more refined appearance. Its peers, simple birds that they were, grew fearful of this large bird.

Voice wrote:
"Hello world!"

new.addplayer = Gene the Ascended ;

"First order of business. I require...A SHRUBBERY! A nice one. With a little hill so you get a nice path. A PATH, I SAY!" The new god took out his d100 and rolled. And so, it began.

Roll = 74

A hill was placed upon the world, topped by a gaggle of shrubs. Wow, lots of new divinities popping up.

McKnackus I wrote:
((OOC: Switching to second person because yes))

It would appear you have missed a number of turns in your otherworldly obligations. Perhaps the fates would allow a bit of leeway in your next appeals.

With your dual suns established in the skies, it's time to set the world in motion. You spin Ayotil on the axis of the poles, slowly so as not to destroy the established areas, and you set in motion Leth, Soleth, and Cogus, with cogus as the closest, leth as the second closest, and Soleth as the farthest. They are set at different speeds to offer day and night cycles for both planets, and allow Cogus to eclipse them both. Every 100 years they would all align and create an intense beam of pure, all encompassing light, focused by Cogus, on the northeastern tip of the planet.

You hope The Censored One will not mind the change in scenery.

With the world now in motion, you decide to make your first mark on the land. You take a godly cleaver, and slowly press it into the land, breaking the crust and creating slanted mountains and a deep valley that stretch for miles, aligned with the orbits of Leth and Soleth. A spring of water shoots up from the broken crust, and fills the deep valley, creating a river as wide as a grand lake, fed from subterrainian water systems.

From this region would your kin later be formed to live by light.

Your roll a 91, hopeful that the fates will allow your creation to come to be.

Doopinus spun the world and sky. When Cogus was heated by the focused moonstars, it would turn red before cooling when it was outside of the focused light.

And then he built the land in which the Grand Master hoped his people would live in.

Falcon6 wrote:
Horus mutters a little bit under his breath. "Great, so I got a demon bird. Well, let's see what I can do about it."

Horus looks at the land surrounding the demon bird. He knew that the Fellbird would have to lay its eggs at some point. And it's always the environment that changes the child. Maybe the spawn of the Fellbird won't be as deadly if they had a lovely environment.

He willed the land to be filled with the finest of water and flora for the future spawn to feed upon outside of the Fellbird's influence. Then, maybe in a generation or two, not only would the Fellbird's spawn be kind and good, but maybe they could work together with the wildlife to fend off the foes slowly surrounding them. A true feat of nature beating out technology.

Rolled a 2

I don't even plan for high rolls anymore.

The jungle became home to horrible things that would, when discovered, only be spoken of in whispers.

EVENT: The metalmites begin moving southward. They are dangerous to all metal-based life.

TRIBES
Bolba 1: Yic'sil: Worshiping !#%$. Pop. 30
Bolba 2: Worshiping Alice. Pop. 30
Leyar 1: Not worshiping. Pop. 25
Leyar 2: Worshiping Jeff. Pop. 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:20 am 

Brometheus observed his sea civilization. "What if they evolve to the point where they can walk on land? They'd have nowhere to go...well, nowhere that's created by me." He said, remembering that he's not alone in this. "I should make something for them to play around with, in case they evolve that way." Feeling a little experimental, he created a big flat land of grass right near the small ocean he created, with some trees and rocks here and there. And now he waits to see if the sea creatures would stay in the ocean, or if they'd actually get out.

Rolled a 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 am 

JEFF DID LOOK DOWN TO HIS CHILDREN, SEEING THAT HALF OF THEM DID CHOOSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND IT DID PLEASE HIM. BUT HE DID LOOK DOWN AND SAW THAT THERE WAS A GREAT EVIL MOVING DOWN TO DESTROY HIS CREATION, AND HE WAS TORN. SO HE DID REACH ACROSS THE MAP, AND RAN RED MILES ACROSS THE SURFACE OF THE PLANET IN FRONT OF HIS FOREST, WATCHING THEM REACH DEEP INTO THE MANTLE, AND FILL WITH MAGMA. THE UNCROSS-ABLE CHASMS RE-DIRECTED THE METAL EATING THREAT.

JEFF ITCHED HIS NOSE, HIS GREAT WORK DONE, WHEN HE NOTICED SOMETHING PECULIAR. THE AYLA, HAVING A NEW PLACE TO RUN TO, DESCENDED FROM THE NORTHERN VOLCANOES AND RE-EMERGED IN THE RED MILES.

JEFF LET THE AYLA SETTLE FOR THE MOMENT, AND RETURNED HIS ATTENTION TO HIS CHILDREN, PREPARED TO GIVE THEM THE GIFT HE HAD PROMISED THEM. HE REACHED INTO THE CENTER OF THE TWO TRIBES AND CREATED A MASSIVE METAL TREE. THE TREE GREW GIANT FRUITS, AND HAD ROOTS THAT SPANNED UNDER THE ENTIRE FOREST. THE MASSIVE TREE WAS MORE THAN LARGE ENOUGH TO HOUSE BOTH TRIBES.

HE LOOKED DOWN AT HIS CREATIONS, AND THEN SIGHED, KNOWING THAT HALF OF THEM WOULD BE LOST EVEN IF HE HAD THE BEST ROLL. STILL, IT WAS GOOD.
--------------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
100,+0
Total:100

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 am 

A lesser god might be frustrated with this failure, but no, there were no !#%$ to be given on this day. That's not to say !#%$ didn't notice the one tribe to pay attention, though. Even without directly understanding his words, they got the idea better than he ever could've hoped for. He supposed he'd have to reward them in some capacity, both to protect them and encourage this whole "worship" thing.

And so, around the Yic'sil tribe's territory, there would now be a new breed of plant. Similar in appearance to cacti, as if they had arms up in the air to warn off intruders. They would also be a very deep, dark red, also as a warning, but also a somewhat relaxing hue, so as to go along with its most prominent feature: should any quick, sudden movements be made around them, they would expel their needles at the source, which would carry with them a toxin. It wasn't lethal, at least not initially, but would calm the "victim," but should the target continued to be particularly stressed in any capacity, it WOULD freeze up their nervous system, killing them, although the toxin only lasted for about ten minutes or so.

Normally, !#%$ would be fine with just going for the one action, but something about that left a bitter taste in his mouth. It gave far too much of an impression that he gave a !#%$, and he just couldn't leave it there. Looking over to a much more barren area of the planet, he decided it was time to create yet another ecosystem. And so, a plateau sprung from the earth, several miles in diameter at the top, and reaching up into the clouds. Were there even clouds? Eh, who gives a !#%$. It's really high up, alright? However, from the very center of this plateau, something else would come out even higher: a thin, smooth metal needle. Well, thin being relatively speaking. Now this was a space needle. Perhaps this could even be seen as some sort of holy ground, by the looks of it. !#%$ shook his head at this, though, realizing he still had that worship nonsense still in his head. It mattered not, though; this would have to do for now.

Rolled a 65.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 pm 

Legault was pleased by this outcome. It bode well for the future of this enterprise, and it seemed as though that glorious being which he served approved as well.

The Fleigh'ur tribesman, so elevated in stature, was to retain his sickliness and his deathly pallor. That he was larger in status than he had been before did not change his essential nature, but made it moreso. He almost seemed more sickly and more pale. The name he bore before this transformation if, indeed, he had ever had one, would be forgotten for all of time. His first action was simply to bend down to the sand he stood in and inscribe in it, "ఆది," followed by "And so I am the first."

With that act completed, he reached at one of his own wing bones on his left wing and with a calculated nonchalance, broke it off without making a sound. He would do the same with a different wing bone on the opposite side of his body. What he intended to do with those was anyone's guess, but the already browning blood that dripped from the wounds it left on his wings did not seem to perturb him in the slightest. Indeed, he plucked off one of his feathers and set off to find a rock, some form of plan twisting about in his mind perhaps. The inscription he marked the earth with may have been left for his fellow avians to look upon, although it was hard to discern if they had the facility for words to recognize it as a message.

The divine playwright in the realms above, for his part, willed the button he had dropped into the midst of the forest to be as a seed. For the moment, it would not take bloom into a full-grown plant, but merely become a sapling. The sapling would probably have certain non-organic characteristics, given its roots - hints of metal along its bark which would not seem to be entirely natural either. Legault seemed to be all about slow, measured steps, and this divine act would be no different. The forest needed to have some kind of allure, though, and it was time he start setting about ensuring that the Fleigh'ur became something to be reckoned with.

(Rolled a 68)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:36 pm 

When The Great Curiosity was satisfied with the canyon, he made his next move. He created a great storm in the sky above the canyon and, in it, he formed magnificent flying creatures made of pure electricity, as well as an entire electric ecosystem in which they could live and thrive. He placed the electric jungle down on the canyon, where it would feed into an eternal storm in the skies above.

Rolled 48

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:54 pm 

Current state of Doopinus Valley (temporary title)

You look upon your newly constructed haven. Surrounded by mountains that jut from the ground, acting as walls to protect the coming people.

Speaking of which, you decide it's time to form your own species. Knowing the advantages of their location, and having set both stars and the moon in orbit to align above it, you create a simple creature, built to live by the light and survive this harsh world.

They would be simple creatures initially, resembling rabbits, but with a thick outer shell on their backs that acts as their protection, their weapon, and their source of energy. The armor will extend from the tips of their noses to the tip of their tails, and will be constructed of plates with spikes on the end. When rolled up, the spikes will spread out and extend, warding off enemies, as well as acting as a hard shell against blunt hits. The plates will also absorb light and provide extra energy in sunlight in addition to food. The plates can also emit light, and may act as a form of communication in the future. They will also have sharp claws, to dig through the mountain for further protection.

You roll an 86.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 pm 

"Cool, I made something," the new god snickered, tossing his d100. "Alright, so where to truly begin? Order? Chaos? New things? Old things? PRESENT THINGS?!" Gene looked upon the MS Paint map of the world before him, glancing occasionally to the actual planet on screen beside him.

"I've got just the ticket! I know what I'll do! I'm going to make something perfectly new!" He poked at the screen, narrowing his gaze. "Now how do I create things anyways?" Tapping a finger he thought for a bit, when the answer suddenly hit. "Oh right, it's just like that hill," he explained, standing still, "I just roll this thing and the map shall fill."

Waving his arm in the air, Gene cackled and grinned, about to begin. "So here's what I want; don't fail me now. Give me land to make other gods proclaim 'wow!' In the northeast I want a vast plains. A great expanse and occasional rains. I need things to grow there, I want creatures to fare."
Stopping to nod, Gene looked away from his screen, and down at a table where the map sat. "What I'm getting as is I want some nice green plains area right here," he pointed, "and some vegetation to grow. Rains often-enough and some sort of new race should start living there sooner or later. Probably later. Just gimmie the land and some sort of round...purple...tasty...non-venomous plant thing to eat."

He rolls a 68, making a face. "That's pretty good, I guess. I think."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:31 am 
Site Admin

"Okay", Horus mutters under his breath. "Maybe a new area. The south could use something. Maybe I can avoid..."

Horus looks to his former area and the giant monster Fellbird flying around it. For a second, it seemed to stare its 6 eyes into the sky, as if to look at Horus himself.

"...that. And try a new, fresher idea."

This could work out, he thought to himself. Maybe his luck could improve if he doesn't look at the giant bird demon jackass.

He looks to the south at the very pole. It requires...ice.

Penguins! He could make a group of penguins! Maybe he just needs to avoid the air-driven birds.

He focuses his power to mold a massive area of ice and chilly water on the southern pole to counteract the magma-infused northern pole. From there, he shall create a haven for a new type of penguin.

Rolled a 67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 am 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Brometheus observed his sea civilization. "What if they evolve to the point where they can walk on land? They'd have nowhere to go...well, nowhere that's created by me." He said, remembering that he's not alone in this. "I should make something for them to play around with, in case they evolve that way." Feeling a little experimental, he created a big flat land of grass right near the small ocean he created, with some trees and rocks here and there. And now he waits to see if the sea creatures would stay in the ocean, or if they'd actually get out.

Rolled a 60

A small plain sprouted around the water.

Mecha wrote:
JEFF DID LOOK DOWN TO HIS CHILDREN, SEEING THAT HALF OF THEM DID CHOOSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND IT DID PLEASE HIM. BUT HE DID LOOK DOWN AND SAW THAT THERE WAS A GREAT EVIL MOVING DOWN TO DESTROY HIS CREATION, AND HE WAS TORN. SO HE DID REACH ACROSS THE MAP, AND RAN RED MILES ACROSS THE SURFACE OF THE PLANET IN FRONT OF HIS FOREST, WATCHING THEM REACH DEEP INTO THE MANTLE, AND FILL WITH MAGMA. THE UNCROSS-ABLE CHASMS RE-DIRECTED THE METAL EATING THREAT.

JEFF ITCHED HIS NOSE, HIS GREAT WORK DONE, WHEN HE NOTICED SOMETHING PECULIAR. THE AYLA, HAVING A NEW PLACE TO RUN TO, DESCENDED FROM THE NORTHERN VOLCANOES AND RE-EMERGED IN THE RED MILES.

JEFF LET THE AYLA SETTLE FOR THE MOMENT, AND RETURNED HIS ATTENTION TO HIS CHILDREN, PREPARED TO GIVE THEM THE GIFT HE HAD PROMISED THEM. HE REACHED INTO THE CENTER OF THE TWO TRIBES AND CREATED A MASSIVE METAL TREE. THE TREE GREW GIANT FRUITS, AND HAD ROOTS THAT SPANNED UNDER THE ENTIRE FOREST. THE MASSIVE TREE WAS MORE THAN LARGE ENOUGH TO HOUSE BOTH TRIBES.

HE LOOKED DOWN AT HIS CREATIONS, AND THEN SIGHED, KNOWING THAT HALF OF THEM WOULD BE LOST EVEN IF HE HAD THE BEST ROLL. STILL, IT WAS GOOD.
--------------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
100,+0
Total:100

A river of lava flowed to try and prevent the beast from moving forward, however because of the Fathom's natural resiliency allowed it to survive the lava. However, when it attempted to cross, the Ayla had been waiting for it and attempted to drag it deep under the planet. The struggle is currently slowing the beast down.

Feeling refreshed by the worship, he also created a large metal tree between the two tribes, plentiful with metalfruits. However, no tribes had thought to build tree houses or live there. The Leyar tribe worshiping Jeff, calling themselves the Bebun tribe, seemed nervous when there are other tribes near the tree.

Elby wrote:
And so, around the Yic'sil tribe's territory, there would now be a new breed of plant. Similar in appearance to cacti, as if they had arms up in the air to warn off intruders. They would also be a very deep, dark red, also as a warning, but also a somewhat relaxing hue, so as to go along with its most prominent feature: should any quick, sudden movements be made around them, they would expel their needles at the source, which would carry with them a toxin. It wasn't lethal, at least not initially, but would calm the "victim," but should the target continued to be particularly stressed in any capacity, it WOULD freeze up their nervous system, killing them, although the toxin only lasted for about ten minutes or so.

Normally, !#%$ would be fine with just going for the one action, but something about that left a bitter taste in his mouth. It gave far too much of an impression that he gave a !#%$, and he just couldn't leave it there. Looking over to a much more barren area of the planet, he decided it was time to create yet another ecosystem. And so, a plateau sprung from the earth, several miles in diameter at the top, and reaching up into the clouds. Were there even clouds? Eh, who gives a !#%$. It's really high up, alright? However, from the very center of this plateau, something else would come out even higher: a thin, smooth metal needle. Well, thin being relatively speaking. Now this was a space needle. Perhaps this could even be seen as some sort of holy ground, by the looks of it. !#%$ shook his head at this, though, realizing he still had that worship nonsense still in his head. It mattered not, though; this would have to do for now.

Rolled a 65.

These red plants grew around the tribe's village and while there was the rare accidental death of the tribesmen, they did there job well.

And then with the new strength he got from worship, he also created a tall plateau from the land and a grand needle. Perhaps once more Gods were worshiped, they would join together to make a home atop the needle?

Mister Owl wrote:
The Fleigh'ur tribesman, so elevated in stature, was to retain his sickliness and his deathly pallor. That he was larger in status than he had been before did not change his essential nature, but made it moreso. He almost seemed more sickly and more pale. The name he bore before this transformation if, indeed, he had ever had one, would be forgotten for all of time. His first action was simply to bend down to the sand he stood in and inscribe in it, "ఆది," followed by "And so I am the first."

With that act completed, he reached at one of his own wing bones on his left wing and with a calculated nonchalance, broke it off without making a sound. He would do the same with a different wing bone on the opposite side of his body. What he intended to do with those was anyone's guess, but the already browning blood that dripped from the wounds it left on his wings did not seem to perturb him in the slightest. Indeed, he plucked off one of his feathers and set off to find a rock, some form of plan twisting about in his mind perhaps. The inscription he marked the earth with may have been left for his fellow avians to look upon, although it was hard to discern if they had the facility for words to recognize it as a message.

The divine playwright in the realms above, for his part, willed the button he had dropped into the midst of the forest to be as a seed. For the moment, it would not take bloom into a full-grown plant, but merely become a sapling. The sapling would probably have certain non-organic characteristics, given its roots - hints of metal along its bark which would not seem to be entirely natural either. Legault seemed to be all about slow, measured steps, and this divine act would be no different. The forest needed to have some kind of allure, though, and it was time he start setting about ensuring that the Fleigh'ur became something to be reckoned with.

(Rolled a 68)

The bird went about his plants while in the jungle around the pit a sapling grew. The sapling was rather large for a young tree and made of a dark metal like substance, with four holes in the trunk evenly apart and red strings growing from the branches like the leaves of a willow.

Snes wrote:
When The Great Curiosity was satisfied with the canyon, he made his next move. He created a great storm in the sky above the canyon and, in it, he formed magnificent flying creatures made of pure electricity, as well as an entire electric ecosystem in which they could live and thrive. He placed the electric jungle down on the canyon, where it would feed into an eternal storm in the skies above.

Rolled 48

An eternal storm raged above the canyon and descending from it were large birds made of its fury. As a gift to the land they planted the storm seeds that grew into a forest made of lightning. However the energy that made these strange lifeforms seemed to be soft. It looked like lightning but it did not hurt like lightning.

McKnackus I wrote:

You look upon your newly constructed haven. Surrounded by mountains that jut from the ground, acting as walls to protect the coming people.

Speaking of which, you decide it's time to form your own species. Knowing the advantages of their location, and having set both stars and the moon in orbit to align above it, you create a simple creature, built to live by the light and survive this harsh world.

They would be simple creatures initially, resembling rabbits, but with a thick outer shell on their backs that acts as their protection, their weapon, and their source of energy. The armor will extend from the tips of their noses to the tip of their tails, and will be constructed of plates with spikes on the end. When rolled up, the spikes will spread out and extend, warding off enemies, as well as acting as a hard shell against blunt hits. The plates will also absorb light and provide extra energy in sunlight in addition to food. The plates can also emit light, and may act as a form of communication in the future. They will also have sharp claws, to dig through the mountain for further protection.

You roll an 86.

((OOC: Oooh, art! I like it. Is that one of the mountain rivers?))

These shelled rabbits eat plants and absorb sunlight. While they do not communicate fully with light, they will use their lights to warn others of predators.

Voice wrote:
Waving his arm in the air, Gene cackled and grinned, about to begin. "So here's what I want; don't fail me now. Give me land to make other gods proclaim 'wow!' In the northeast I want a vast plains. A great expanse and occasional rains. I need things to grow there, I want creatures to fare."
Stopping to nod, Gene looked away from his screen, and down at a table where the map sat. "What I'm getting as is I want some nice green plains area right here," he pointed, "and some vegetation to grow. Rains often-enough and some sort of new race should start living there sooner or later. Probably later. Just gimmie the land and some sort of round...purple...tasty...non-venomous plant thing to eat."

He rolls a 68, making a face. "That's pretty good, I guess. I think."

Gene created a plain where purple plants grow.

Falcon6 wrote:
"Okay", Horus mutters under his breath. "Maybe a new area. The south could use something. Maybe I can avoid..."

Horus looks to his former area and the giant monster Fellbird flying around it. For a second, it seemed to stare its 6 eyes into the sky, as if to look at Horus himself.

"...that. And try a new, fresher idea."

This could work out, he thought to himself. Maybe his luck could improve if he doesn't look at the giant bird demon jackass.

He looks to the south at the very pole. It requires...ice.

Penguins! He could make a group of penguins! Maybe he just needs to avoid the air-driven birds.

He focuses his power to mold a massive area of ice and chilly water on the southern pole to counteract the magma-infused northern pole. From there, he shall create a haven for a new type of penguin.

Rolled a 67

The south part of the planet became a winter wonderland, now lets just hope no one rolls any more 2s.

TRIBES
Bolba 1: Yic'sil: Worshiping !#%$. Pop. 30
Bolba 2: Worshiping Alice. Pop. 30
Leyar 1: Not worshiping. Pop. 25
Leyar 2: Bebun: Worshiping Jeff. Pop. 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:38 pm 

There we go. Never let the little buggers say they were never rewarded for their praise. Sure, a few died here and there, but hey, can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs. Those guys probably had it coming anyways.

With all this religious nonsense out of the way, !#%$ thought back to what had been his greatest success so far. It didn't take him long to decide it had to be the Fathoms. Sure, the use of "success" here was certainly debatable, but they certainly made him happy.

Regardless, it was time to replicate that success. !#%$ looked over to the ocean Brometheus had created earlier. Yes, that spot would do nicely.

Just one creature would do: one as large as the biggest of whales, sitting on the sea floor. It's skin would be perfectly smooth, even feeling surprisingly soft to the touch, and would be a dull, dark greyish-brown color, as one might expect from something residing at the bottom of an ocean. It had six relatively small (considering its size, "relatively small" probably means "about as big as a person") glowing red orbs that one could only assume were eyes, three on each side of its enormous maw, which went right down the center of its visible half. The inside of its mouth would be only a simple black, but at the back of its "throat," if you could even call it that, was a glowing red orb, similar-looking to its eyes, but much brighter, as well as emanating a comforting warmness to anything lured near it. Should anything actually venture near this orb, the great maw would close on it, making surprisingly little noise, only to open back up again a few minutes later, the creature seeming completely unharmed and would return to its normal life, although the "eaten" creature would have glowing red eyes from that point on. Nothing else seemed to change, but it could just be that this planet was too sparse and primitive for any other change to be noticed.

This mysterious creature, aside from the opening and closing of its maw, would never be seen moving, leaving its bottom half forever buried in the sea floor. This leaves what its bottom half even actually is up for anyone to guess: the obvious answer of a fish-like body, perhaps it was just a perfect sphere, or maybe this was just a maw of the planet itself, reaching out from the ground?

And with that, rolled a 54. Mediocre rolls for LIFE.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm 

Raxy wrote:
McKnackus I wrote:

You roll an 86.

((OOC: Oooh, art! I like it. Is that one of the mountain rivers?))

These shelled rabbits eat plants and absorb sunlight. While they do not communicate fully with light, they will use their lights to warn others of predators.

((OOC: Sorta. I'm not sure if the mountains in the world map reflect what I was getting at. It wouldn't be like normal mountains where it's a single point, it's two points with a valley between them, and massive dropoffs at either side of them. So it would be more like this.
))

And now, to make the area more habitable, you decide to add some more vegetation to the mix. Vines growing from the dirt will grow up the inner sides of the valley and produce fruit and leaves for the armored rabbits to eat. The vines can also act as materials for nests and ground to stand on. Some vines will grow into full branches and spring into trees to act as shade when it's needed and farther vegetation. In addition, the roots will reach beneath the crust of the valley and extend to the ditch. The roots will have sharp, poisonous spines and come out from under the crust and thrive in the shade of the slanted mountain, creating a vast thorny brush that will spread throughout the natural moat for farther protection.

In addition, to add to it all, there will be year-round snow on the tips of the mountains, seeing as they are at such a high elevation. This will feed more water into the system below and provide more moisture to the plant life and creatures. In addition, when the suns align every 100 winters, it will turn the snow into clear ice, and it will freeze down the mountain and become like glass to farther concentrate the light. By this method will they learn messages sent from me through the stars and revitalize themselves to full strength.

You roll a 24, Perhaps you were too ambitious in your designs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 am 

((OOC: I'm still kind of confused by what you were going for. I was confused when you originally made it, so I just interpreted what you said and put it on the map. I won't be changing the map, so I guess its in the mountains or something?))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 am 

((OOC: Yeah that'll work. The idea was that it'd only be creating two half mountains and a valley between them and nothing else, but hey, I can always use that green field and lake you gave me anyway. :mrgreen:))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

"Now," Horus smiled as he started to cheer emphatically, "give me fish! Fish! All sorts of hearty, healthy fish!"

He knew the birds of the area would love fish. He wills the area to become a aqua wonderland of hearty fish, almost mystically good that would make the penguins of the area healthy and lively. They would be accessed through many small pools of water, but center around a gigantic lake away from the center of the pole.

Rolled a 94

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:11 pm 

God name: Bastet

oh my goddness look at all these really neat places they are all soo cool and fancy!! But none of them are really cute, so I will create a land that has sugar and lakes and streams of cream and there is candy everywhere and mountains of string and it will be wonderful and look cute and amazing isnt this so much fun guys im having so much fun

EDIT: whoops i forgot to roll teehee =3

Roll(1d100)+0:
96,+0
Total:96

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm 

JEFF DID LOOK AT THE MAP AND SHRUGGED, NOTING THAT NOTHING HE DID REALLY SEEMED TO COME OUT CORRECTLY. HE DID LOOK DOWN TO HIS AYLA TRYING TO KILL THE CREATURE THAT WAS EATING THEM AND COMMENDED THEIR EFFORTS. HE REALLY DIDN'T FEEL LIKE TRYING TO ADVANCE EITHER RACE RIGHT NOW, AS HIS EFFORTS WOULD ONLY END IN FAILURE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. SUCH IS THE CURSE OF HAVING HIGH LUCK.

JEFF THEN DECIDED TO SIMPLY STORE HIS POWER FOR A TURN. FOR IF THERE WAS GOING TO BE ANY KIND OF CHANGE, IT WOULD TAKE A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF POWER. SUCH IS THE WAY OF THE DICE.

----------------------------
Roll(1d100)+0:
93,+0
Total:93

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next