Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:14 am 
Site Admin

Horus smiled, but noticed the landing site wasn't created. Well, guess ice will do.

He looked to the penguins. He decided that the only way to make his will known is to birth a son on this world. A penguin son. Infused with his mighty will and intellect. He will communicate with the penguin savior and use him to negotiate with the Felbird. If he listened to this penguin messiah instead of the wily catgirls...

Horus looked up to the sky for a moment. Then to his other godly brethren.

...then maybe he will be recognized more as a competent god.

Appearance is important. And he's on a winning streak so far. Time to make the ultimate bet.

The penguins would look up to this penguin demigod. It would have the look of a penguin but the intellect and power of a chosen one. He would give this penguin a massive amount of charisma and diplomacy, allowing him to mend even the most broken of fences. This diplomatic demigod would usher in a time of great peace with the rest of the world. Even the other side of the world would be unable to resist the charm of this penguin avatar of Horus.

Yes, yes.

This will work out perfectly.

Rolled a 22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:18 am 

!#%$ began to sweat a bit, although whether that was from the heat as he sat upon Cogus, or from his plan failing. He expected things to be troublesome between the other gods, barely stretching past passive-aggressive levels. No, such subtleties weren't going to cut it, they were clearly already on the brink of war with each other, if they weren't there already. He was going to have to bring his A-game.

Hm...

As !#%$ pondered his next move, he chose to take another cue from his coworkers, ol' Jeff this time, and take this time to charge up some of his own energy.

Rolled 64.

He wasn't about to make this time a total waste, though. Still curious about these new gods, !#%$ took another free action to make his way over to the small, black Corves. Currently not having a specific plan, he asked him the most deep and enlightening of questions:

"What's up?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 am 

K.O.'ED

------

I have decided after some deliberation (and a lot of arguing) that my dice contains a great deal, if not all of my powers, due to its immense rolling capabilities. So, what I have come up with is for every roll that Neko makes that falls short of my fantastic rolling prowess, Jeff comes closer to waking up. In this time I hope that my tribes will continue to make their ways and flourish, etc. While I let Neko do her thing and "make all the friends."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:08 am 

bastet rejoined the other gods with her two dice, smiling. then i got to work.

first, the tribe in the jungle will have gathered a mighty feast for the fellbird, one to really stuff him full of food! one of the members of this tribe, i will give a great hunting instinct to, and teach her how to make a weapon!

i rolled a 91 for this.

THEN, back at my other land, my people will start building a great beacon on top of the cocoa mountain, topped with sugar crystals. a lot of strange carvings will be surrounding this! it feels like a great power could echo through this area...

and i rolled a 82 with this, using jeff's dice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 pm 

Doopinus decided to ditch the second person shtick and also to wake up after a hiatus.

Rested and rejuvenated. Doopinus was relieved to see that his creatures are still untouched by the devastations of the world, but also that they continued to live in a cold environment. It would seem that fate wishes the cold to prevail, so the creatures must then adapt, and so too, must the landscape.

"The seeds I planted will become a new form of plant, adapt to the cold. It will be a plant that not only survives the cold, but thrives in it. It will be resilient and flexible, and the leaves will contain ice droplets. The fruit it bears will be as deliciously sweet as it is refreshing and nutritious, and it will glow in the light of the sun."

"My creatures will also become adept to the cold. Their bellies will be covered with thick skin and insulated fur to keep them warm. Their bodies will have an inner source of heat, a light from within that shows in their eyes and their armor. The ice will also become their biggest asset in future tools and instruments."

Doopinus, though rested, rolled a 29.

While he awaits fate, he looks to the new arrivals and the new lands. He could tell that these new gods are not to be trifled with, and that all his moves will be judged in their eyes. Any large involvement or interference from or to them could have disasterous results, so instead, he decided merely to greet them all casually.

"Hello Othersiders! I was beginning to wonder when light would be shed on the unknown realms of this world we share. I am Doopinus, creator of Leth and Soleth, the sources of light to both sides of the planet. And you each are?" Attempting to strike up conversation, waiting to see who would take it up.

FREE ACTION BLUH.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 pm 

Falcon6 wrote:
Horus smiled, but noticed the landing site wasn't created. Well, guess ice will do.

He looked to the penguins. He decided that the only way to make his will known is to birth a son on this world. A penguin son. Infused with his mighty will and intellect. He will communicate with the penguin savior and use him to negotiate with the Felbird. If he listened to this penguin messiah instead of the wily catgirls...

Horus looked up to the sky for a moment. Then to his other godly brethren.

...then maybe he will be recognized more as a competent god.

Appearance is important. And he's on a winning streak so far. Time to make the ultimate bet.

The penguins would look up to this penguin demigod. It would have the look of a penguin but the intellect and power of a chosen one. He would give this penguin a massive amount of charisma and diplomacy, allowing him to mend even the most broken of fences. This diplomatic demigod would usher in a time of great peace with the rest of the world. Even the other side of the world would be unable to resist the charm of this penguin avatar of Horus.

Yes, yes.

This will work out perfectly.

Rolled a 22

And so a penguin scion of divine strength and mortal flesh was born to the frozen south. Now, it was a child full of potential. In time, it will grow and learn of the world.

The spark of life keeping it separate was small and Serapyr saw good intention in Horus and innocence in child and in a world of beasts that was precious. He would create something. A creature with black fur, the body of a jungle cat, and the head and tail of a boar. It would watch the child grow and protect it so its light would not be snuffed by the cruel world.

Rolled 54

And so the Panoar came, and waited, and watched.

Elby wrote:
!#%$ began to sweat a bit, although whether that was from the heat as he sat upon Cogus, or from his plan failing. He expected things to be troublesome between the other gods, barely stretching past passive-aggressive levels. No, such subtleties weren't going to cut it, they were clearly already on the brink of war with each other, if they weren't there already. He was going to have to bring his A-game.

Hm...

As !#%$ pondered his next move, he chose to take another cue from his coworkers, ol' Jeff this time, and take this time to charge up some of his own energy.

Rolled 64.

!#%$ stored a good amount of power for later.

Elby wrote:
He wasn't about to make this time a total waste, though. Still curious about these new gods, !#%$ took another free action to make his way over to the small, black Corves. Currently not having a specific plan, he asked him the most deep and enlightening of questions:

"What's up?"

In what seemd like an ill omen to the others of his side, Corves smirked. He spoke like dripping shadows, flapping wings, and the soft shroud of night saying,

"I admire your works."

Mecha wrote:
K.O.'ED

------

I have decided after some deliberation (and a lot of arguing) that my dice contains a great deal, if not all of my powers, due to its immense rolling capabilities. So, what I have come up with is for every roll that Neko makes that falls short of my fantastic rolling prowess, Jeff comes closer to waking up. In this time I hope that my tribes will continue to make their ways and flourish, etc. While I let Neko do her thing and "make all the friends."

((OOC: Just posting to say I acknowledge this, and to also say that I allowed it to happen because the power of the dice had not been defined. If someone were to decide to put their power in an object before an event like this happened, and then later someone tried to take their object/power I would need to find a new way to resolve it, or have the two players discuss what happens among themselves as opposed to simply posting 'I knock him out and take it.'

As far as the rules for what brings Jeff closer to waking up, he will wake up the third time his die rolls below 60 (59 would count, 60 on the dot would not) Alternatively, he can use what little is left of his power to contact a god to help him granted he succeeds. Said god has a choice to help him with their roll and if they do, that roll would be their turn for that round.))

The power Jeff gets from worship is now all he has left.

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
bastet rejoined the other gods with her two dice, smiling. then i got to work.

first, the tribe in the jungle will have gathered a mighty feast for the fellbird, one to really stuff him full of food! one of the members of this tribe, i will give a great hunting instinct to, and teach her how to make a weapon!

i rolled a 91 for this.

The woman of sweets receives the divine knowledge and receives it well. She leads the tribe in preparing a feast for the Fellbird. It accepts the offering and devours it.

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
THEN, back at my other land, my people will start building a great beacon on top of the cocoa mountain, topped with sugar crystals. a lot of strange carvings will be surrounding this! it feels like a great power could echo through this area...

and i rolled a 82 with this, using jeff's dice.

The stolen power revolts but is eventually twisted to the command of Bastet. Her people construct their place of power upon the mountain's crown with crystals mined from its insides.

McKnackus I wrote:
Doopinus decided to ditch the second person shtick and also to wake up after a hiatus.

Rested and rejuvenated. Doopinus was relieved to see that his creatures are still untouched by the devastations of the world, but also that they continued to live in a cold environment. It would seem that fate wishes the cold to prevail, so the creatures must then adapt, and so too, must the landscape.

"The seeds I planted will become a new form of plant, adapt to the cold. It will be a plant that not only survives the cold, but thrives in it. It will be resilient and flexible, and the leaves will contain ice droplets. The fruit it bears will be as deliciously sweet as it is refreshing and nutritious, and it will glow in the light of the sun."

"My creatures will also become adept to the cold. Their bellies will be covered with thick skin and insulated fur to keep them warm. Their bodies will have an inner source of heat, a light from within that shows in their eyes and their armor. The ice will also become their biggest asset in future tools and instruments."

Doopinus, though rested, rolled a 29.

The Grand Master stirred once more and overlooked his icy mountains. There he would adapt the land to new conditions. He created new plants to survive the harsh foreverwinter and though they were sickly and few they did their best. And then he gave his blessing to his pets to better survive but only half of them received it. There were now two variants of these creatures shortfurred and thickfurred.

McKnackus I wrote:
While he awaits fate, he looks to the new arrivals and the new lands. He could tell that these new gods are not to be trifled with, and that all his moves will be judged in their eyes. Any large involvement or interference from or to them could have disasterous results, so instead, he decided merely to greet them all casually.

"Hello Othersiders! I was beginning to wonder when light would be shed on the unknown realms of this world we share. I am Doopinus, creator of Leth and Soleth, the sources of light to both sides of the planet. And you each are?" Attempting to strike up conversation, waiting to see who would take it up.

FREE ACTION BLUH.

Each spoke their name,

"Aether." The god made of clouds said harshly.

"Greetings Starfather, I am Serapyr." Said the red goddess with the sword of fire.

"I am Enyo of weapon and might." Spoke the goddess in golden armor.

"Corves is what they call me." The suited god told him.

"My name is Cerunnos and the silent one," The god covered in plants and wood indicted to the goddess of rising water, "is Morian."

EVENT: Each group of candy people became a tribe. In the homeland is the Kahwee tribe and in the jungle is the Suegoy. Their race will be known as the Neeca. Each tribe worshiped differently, and in order to gain their worship would need to be convinced or tricked otherwise. The Kahwee believed in animism and thanked the land and creatures after they used them. The Suegoy began worshiping the creature they repeatedly bring offerings to.
EVENT: The Leyar tribes of the metal forest benefiting from farming the blue fields begin noticing occasional oddities in the birth of some children. These oddities vary in unrelated ways but are general small, unnatural changes like tiny horns or glowing eyes. Though still rare, the Zasah have more of the mutations than the Bobun. The Zasah treat them like outcasts while the Bobun honor them as the chosen of Jeff.

TRIBES
Bolba 1: Yic'sil: Worshiping !#%$. Pop. 60
Bolba 2: Worshiping Alice. Pop. 60
Leyar 1: Zasah: Not worshiping. Pop. 60
Leyar 2: Bebun: Worshiping Jeff. Pop. 65
Fleigh'ur: Not worshiping. Pop. 100
Neeca 1: Kahwee: Animist. Pop. 50
Neeca 2: Suegoy: Worshiping the Fellbird. Pop. 50

Spoiler: click to show

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 pm 

!#%$ grew a wide grin from that response. "I knew as soon as I saw you that you were the smartest. I had no idea how right I was." he said with a chuckle. His eyes growing focused, !#%$ turned his head towards the ground. "Since you're such a big fan, you can have a front-row seat to what I can only hope will be my finest work. Hell, you could probably even help." he said with a smirk.

With that, !#%$ punched his arm deep into the depths of the planet, reaching for something. Where was it, where was it... AH! Yes. Finally satisfied, he pulled out his target: its head still draped in feathers, albeit singed a deep, dark black, some even holding a few lit sparks. A few leftover remnants of chains hung from it, strewn about haphazardly in spots a bit too awkward for its old parasitic buddies to bother with, now glowing nearly red-hot from the heat. It's large, spider-like legs hung idly, only just beginning to stir as it slowly dawned on the creature that it was being called on once more. Indeed, it was the Fathom that had been molested by the now-extinct Metalmites, having previously been banished to the core of the planet.

"Yes. It'll do for a nice base, I wager." !#%$ mused to himself. He then reached over, plucking up the monsters spawned from his own vomit that now stumbled around, confused by their lack of progress towards their ingrained goal. They would be repurposed, now, as a part of this great beast, giving it a highly acidic coating, even going so far as to leave this burning sludge behind it, like a snail--only, if that snail arose from the depths of Hell. These creatures would also make the spider-like legs much more... uncertain, as they rapidly expanded and contracted from growing wet, black flesh that morphed the legs with each step, with each movement. When it willed it, these lumps of black flesh could even sprout black beaks from them to either spit the acidic goop as a projectile, or have it bite, the two halves even going so far as to work like fangs and inject the substance directly into its prey.

!#%$ considered the monstrosity that laid before him. It was good, that much was certain, but it wasn't ready. Not quite yet. Just one last touch...

And so, he replaced its two eyes, previously glowing the light of the moon opposite of the one that shined overhead, now replaced with what !#%$ could only call "the Eye of Cogus," being that which sits at the center of Cogus, like an ethereal pupil: a disco ball. The eyes, that is, the ones in the creature itself, would now absorb the light of the moon above, and now not merely glowing, but emanating light of the opposite color all around to the ground below, in a way like, well, a disco ball.

With a smile and a nod, !#%$ was finally satisfied, now turning back to Corves. "Perhaps you've heard of the Fellbird, eh? Large, red, monstrous birdy, made by that Horus guy. He makes disasters about as great as I, and the Fellbird is definitely his greatest success. Nasty thing. So yeah, I heard you deal with crows, so I was thinking: perhaps you could modify this creature of mine, here, to be more bird-like, maybe some wings or something, and give it a call that'll attract the Fellbird, maybe some pheromones while you're at it." he asked, placing the abomination in the danger-filled forest. "This'd be a good spot, probably. And don't worry about the call not reaching the Fellbird: I've stored up enough power to give this thing a call that can be heard around the world, let me tell you." he went on with another chuckle, "But yes. I can assure you that with your help, we can start something... grand."

Rolled a 41.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 am 

The Great Curiosity was a jealous creator. He feared that his golems would be turned against him by the gods that roamed this world. He formed in his scriptures to them that they were not to worship other gods or serve them in any way. He commanded them to continue to delve deep into the planet in search of resources, both mineral and magical, that they may be formed into great tools and machines to further their civilization.

The Great Curiosity was at a disadvantage in dealing with other beings on his level, as he lacked a physical form. To commune with other gods, he formed the Omnisphere. This orb of undefinableness reflected his will and his intentions to whoever gazed upon it. He formed it out of pure energy at the center of the Great Storm. The sphere traveled to the skies to gain an audience with the gods.

Aether! The Great Curiosity beckons you!

Rolled 96

Last edited by Snes on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Horus noticed the help from Serapyr and was without words. He never really got help from someone before. He sometimes thought no one cared about his existence before, but now someone actually helped. Made a creature. A creature that could probably eat the baby penguin in one gulp, but still, wow!

Horus was excited, to the point of being a stuttering fool. Behind the shadow of his hood, there was a hint of embarrassment. Still, he felt rejuvenated and wanted to make more! He felt like the positive energy he had at the moment was enough to purify the fellbird itself in warmth and happiness!

But he knew he needed to rest. Childbirthing was tough, and despite the afterglow of all of it, he was spent. He would use a roll to charge up for a new move.

Rolled a 67

He then sat down, looking at the globe. Contemplating things. He felt like he needed to set his pieces up in a correct order. He knew he had contingency plans for the fellbird, but it wouldn't be enough to simply get to it. So many people are trying to get its favor.

It was created by you, gosh darn it, and despite it being your greatest mistake, this mistake must be owned by you. No other god can have it. No other god should have it. It was yours first and the burden must be on you!

Horus would get up and shout to the heavens with this proclamation, but he didn't want to annoy his other gods and get like doubly hated. He frowned.

Okay.

Time for a free action. He looked to the globe and decided to check up on his self-approved giant fish treat. Thinking about it, it couldn't have had much trouble down his little river, especially since the mountainous range would keep any horrible things from getting to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 am 

Bastet rolled her ill-gotten dice first, grinning when Jeff's incredible luck influenced a natural 100. She decided to store that power, deeming the power necessary for the next stage of her plan.

She then rolled her own dice, getting an easy 89. She used this power to gather her hunting party around the fellbird. Her divine warrior started climbing the tower, holding her divine weapon, imbued with carvings of an unknown nature. The girls on the ground all joined hands, circling the tower as they started to sing a song of great meaning to them. A thankful song, but it was more than that. They were giving thanks to the fellbird. Not for its protection, not for its power.

For the power it was going to give to the girls.

bastet held the two dice in her hands, looking down at the world. it was almost time. she watched the three moons about to line up with the crown of the planet. a great energy started flowing through the planet, as if something incredible could happen at any moment. and in one turn, this incredible power would be here.

but before it was, bastet had one more thing to do. a free action, if you will she went down to the moon, cogus.

Bastet approached where !#%$ was, smirking slightly. "Nice moon. Mind if we have a bit of a chat? No, of course not. So, I've noticed the things that you created for me, and what you intended to do. I don't really appreciate it, so I'm going to give you a chance here." she put a finger on the side of her cheek. "One kiss. Or, I'll start spreading my friendships and love to your other creatures. They will all become super kawaii friends."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:32 am 

Utilizing another free action of his own (not that he could do much else at this stage), !#%$ turned to Bastet, giving an odd expression as he simultaneously raised an eyebrow and began to feel ill. Both of these aspects would increase in magnitude with every word she spoke, as well.

As she finished, he stood there, considering his thoughts carefully.

And then, he projectile vomited all over her.

Well, that's one way to reply.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:41 am 

Bastet held up a white silk bag with odd symbols written on it, and caught the vomit. She tied the bag closed, smiling. "You are rather predictable, you know. And, as it turns out, highly acidic." She threw the bag into the air, and it vanished into what anyone would assume to be a 'hammerspace.'

Bastet turned to leave, taking a few steps before turning back to him. "My appearance and demeanor are so vile to you, that you would throw away your creations, your lives, over a single kiss?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:50 am 

"I'm pretty sure that would literally kill me." he responded with a chuckle, which subsequently lead him to flinch, putting his hand over his stomach. "Besides, I can always make new ones." he went on.

He turned his attention back towards the planet, awaiting whatever would happen next. "You just go have fun being the disgusting creature you are, I have some real fun to watch unfold." he said dismissively, not bothering to pay attention to whether or not she was even still there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:58 am 

Bastet turned again. "So be it." With that, she returned to the other gods, waiting for the next turn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm 

Elby wrote:
With that, !#%$ punched his arm deep into the depths of the planet, reaching for something. Where was it, where was it... AH! Yes. Finally satisfied, he pulled out his target: its head still draped in feathers, albeit singed a deep, dark black, some even holding a few lit sparks. A few leftover remnants of chains hung from it, strewn about haphazardly in spots a bit too awkward for its old parasitic buddies to bother with, now glowing nearly red-hot from the heat. It's large, spider-like legs hung idly, only just beginning to stir as it slowly dawned on the creature that it was being called on once more. Indeed, it was the Fathom that had been molested by the now-extinct Metalmites, having previously been banished to the core of the planet.

"Yes. It'll do for a nice base, I wager." !#%$ mused to himself. He then reached over, plucking up the monsters spawned from his own vomit that now stumbled around, confused by their lack of progress towards their ingrained goal. They would be repurposed, now, as a part of this great beast, giving it a highly acidic coating, even going so far as to leave this burning sludge behind it, like a snail--only, if that snail arose from the depths of Hell. These creatures would also make the spider-like legs much more... uncertain, as they rapidly expanded and contracted from growing wet, black flesh that morphed the legs with each step, with each movement. When it willed it, these lumps of black flesh could even sprout black beaks from them to either spit the acidic goop as a projectile, or have it bite, the two halves even going so far as to work like fangs and inject the substance directly into its prey.

!#%$ considered the monstrosity that laid before him. It was good, that much was certain, but it wasn't ready. Not quite yet. Just one last touch...

And so, he replaced its two eyes, previously glowing the light of the moon opposite of the one that shined overhead, now replaced with what !#%$ could only call "the Eye of Cogus," being that which sits at the center of Cogus, like an ethereal pupil: a disco ball. The eyes, that is, the ones in the creature itself, would now absorb the light of the moon above, and now not merely glowing, but emanating light of the opposite color all around to the ground below, in a way like, well, a disco ball.

With a smile and a nod, !#%$ was finally satisfied, now turning back to Corves. "Perhaps you've heard of the Fellbird, eh? Large, red, monstrous birdy, made by that Horus guy. He makes disasters about as great as I, and the Fellbird is definitely his greatest success. Nasty thing. So yeah, I heard you deal with crows, so I was thinking: perhaps you could modify this creature of mine, here, to be more bird-like, maybe some wings or something, and give it a call that'll attract the Fellbird, maybe some pheromones while you're at it." he asked, placing the abomination in the danger-filled forest. "This'd be a good spot, probably. And don't worry about the call not reaching the Fellbird: I've stored up enough power to give this thing a call that can be heard around the world, let me tell you." he went on with another chuckle, "But yes. I can assure you that with your help, we can start something... grand."

Rolled a 41.

Corves added his power to the creation of the creature.

Rolled 99

With the power of !#%$'s reserves combined with the added strength of Corves a terrible monster would rise. This beast was called Writh. It rose tall with its powerful talons ready to do its master's bidding. It was covered in sludge that ate through living flesh and a long single chain eternally glowing red from heat wrapped around its body in various places. The sludge bubbled and shifted forming brief eyes and beaks and fangs and hands like the Fathom's single arm before turning back into muck. The slime burned with memories of the hated foe that illuded it and hid so close to them. It had a set of two powerful wings covered in the feathers of the Fathom mixed with the putrid swamp creatures. On its face was the maw of the Fathom with a great beak awkwardly fitted around it, lined with rows of razor sharp teeth. Its eyes were powerful strobe lights that blinded with the power of Soleth at night and blanketed darkness around it with the power of Leth during the day. It screeched and roared and cawed all the same to call its terrible mate and perhaps other things.

Snes wrote:
The Great Curiosity was a jealous creator. He feared that his golems would be turned against him by the gods that roamed this world. He formed in his scriptures to them that they were not to worship other gods or serve them in any way. He commanded them to continue to delve deep into the planet in search of resources, both mineral and magical, that they may be formed into great tools and machines to further their civilization.

Rolled 96

It had been some time since Curiosity had set eyes on his creations. They had formed a rough tribe about now. The lightning-blessed golems with glowing markings were considered mystics and leaders. They were also more intelligent than the others of their kind and banded them together. These special golems guarded the scriptures of their creator but were not able to read them yet so they spent more time researching. However that did not work out as well as they did not even fully have their own language formed yet. What they did have was a basic language forming from the small cave drawings they made to cover the canyon walls. If they could read the scripture, they might learn to worship The Great Curiosity.

The also had a rough system of reproduction in place. Whenever a golem died they carved a new one from stone and lay them in the energy forest. Only the mystics were allowed to be around during this event as that was both the tradition and law of their people. The newborn would then be taken to the canyon by the mystic where they would join the tribe.

This time they understood their command better and were compelled to dig in search for metals in the earth. The new golems were often carved and shaped to be better fit for digging. Anything they found they amassed in their caves as they currently had no use for any of it.

Snes wrote:
The Great Curiosity was at a disadvantage in dealing with other beings on his level, as he lacked a physical form. To commune with other gods, he formed the Omnisphere. This orb of undefinableness reflected his will and his intentions to whoever gazed upon it. He formed it out of pure energy at the center of the Great Storm. The sphere traveled to the skies to gain an audience with the gods.

Aether! The Great Curiosity beckons you!

((OOC: I just made this part a Free Action. That just consists of talking to the gods, no need to roll for that.))

Aether looked into the sphere and thought poorly of a god that couldn't manifest properly. He spoke a quick annoyed sentence, "What do you want?"

Falcon6 wrote:
But he knew he needed to rest. Childbirthing was tough, and despite the afterglow of all of it, he was spent. He would use a roll to charge up for a new move.

Rolled a 67

Horus rested and stored his power for later.

Falcon6 wrote:
Time for a free action. He looked to the globe and decided to check up on his self-approved giant fish treat. Thinking about it, it couldn't have had much trouble down his little river, especially since the mountainous range would keep any horrible things from getting to it.

He looked upon his creation and saw that his great fish had been held up half way there by the dual efforts of the Ayla and the Leyar tribe by the river in the blue field by the metal forest. Though the Ayla do not eat traditional foods the Leyar requested their help. The tribe would feast on the fish for weeks to come if only they could catch it.

Perhaps you could give them the fish in exchange for worship?

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
Bastet rolled her ill-gotten dice first, grinning when Jeff's incredible luck influenced a natural 100. She decided to store that power, deeming the power necessary for the next stage of her plan.

She swelled with great power. Bastet was truely a force to be reckoned with.

Nekomusume~chan wrote:
She then rolled her own dice, getting an easy 89. She used this power to gather her hunting party around the fellbird. Her divine warrior started climbing the tower, holding her divine weapon, imbued with carvings of an unknown nature. The girls on the ground all joined hands, circling the tower as they started to sing a song of great meaning to them. A thankful song, but it was more than that. They were giving thanks to the fellbird. Not for its protection, not for its power.

For the power it was going to give to the girls.

bastet held the two dice in her hands, looking down at the world. it was almost time. she watched the three moons about to line up with the crown of the planet. a great energy started flowing through the planet, as if something incredible could happen at any moment. and in one turn, this incredible power would be here.

The huntresses gathered around to worship what they considered their god, draped in clothes made of jungle that they use for camouflage. They sung a song of thanks to the Fellbird with a eerie foresight as if they knew what the gods had planned for them.

Just then, the Fellbird took flight. A powerful cry beckoned it across the world where it landed in the forest of the other gods to meet its new counterpart. However Writh smelled its ancient enemy on its destined companion and its flesh howled with hatred. A battle took place and many trees were felled and wildlife was killed in the midst of their awe inspiring clash. When both sides left scarred and wounded, the Fellbird returning to its nest and the Writh sauntering off into the jungle, in the center of the battlefield in a spot recently cleared of trees and life with ground scarred by acid ooze there lay a large, single egg.

TRIBES
Bolba 1: Yic'sil: Worshiping !#%$. Pop. 60
Bolba 2: Worshiping Alice. Pop. 60
Leyar 1: Zasah: Not worshiping. Pop. 60
Leyar 2: Bebun: Worshiping Jeff. Pop. 65
Fleigh'ur: Not worshiping. Pop. 100
Neeca 1: Kahwee: Animist. Pop. 50
Neeca 2: Suegoy: Worshiping the Fellbird. Pop. 50
Golem: Not worshiping. Pop. 30

Spoiler: click to show
((OOC: I'll mark the map with the golem tribe later.))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:31 pm 

JEFF DID SUDDENLY SIT UP, IN A PANIC. HIS FATE HAD NOT IMPROVED, BUT HE DID FEEL THE GREAT POWER. IT WAS COMING, AND THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO. HE BANGED ON THE DOOR, BUT NO ONE WOULD COME. SO, HE DID THE ONLY THING HE COULD DO. HE KNELT DOWN ON ONE KNEE, AND PRAYED. HE REACHED FOR HIS DICE TO TRY AND STOP WHAT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN, TO MAKE THE MOONS MISALIGN, OR TO FORCE THE POWER TO BE CONTAINED, BUT HE REALIZED HIS DICE WAS GONE. A PETTY THIEF, SOME LOWLIFE MUST HAVE STOLEN IT. HE HAD PLACED MOST OF HIS POWER IN IT, BUT HE FELT A SMALL SPARK OF IT LEFT. HE USED IT TO PRAY TO HIS PEOPLE. AND HE SAW THEIR STRUGGLE WITH THE GIANT FISH. HE WOULD HAVE HELPED THEM KILL IT, WHEN HE SAW IT.

THE MARKING.

HE USED THE REMAINDER OF HIS POWER, AIDED BY THE PRAYERS OF HIS PEOPLE, AND HE TOUCHED THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE ATTACKING THE FISH. AND NOT ONLY DID THEY LET THE FISH GO, THEY ALSO FED IT THE FRUIT OF THE FOREST AND AIDED IT ON ITS JOURNEY. BUT BEFORE IT WAS GONE, JEFF DID REACH THROUGH ONE OF HIS CHILDREN TO TOUCH THE FISH, GIFTING IT THE GREAT POWER OF THE FRUIT OF THE METAL FOREST. GIVING IT A MUCH MORE POWERFUL SWIMMING SPEED, AND THICKER SCALES.

WITH THAT, JEFF FELL OVER AGAIN, EXHAUSTED. HE COULD ONLY HOPE THAT HORUS WOULD KEEP AN EYE ON HIS PEOPLE WHILE HE WAS INDISPOSED.

HE THEN PASSED OUT AGAIN.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:43 pm 

Bastet grinned, watching the moons begin to line up above the crown. Not yet, but any moment. She didn't have time to waste. If anything were to go wrong, it would be her roll. She grasped both dice in her hands, closing her eyes. She then tossed them both, letting fate take over.

Jeff's dice, naturally being full of his abnormal luck, landed on 99. She watched her other dice tumble across the board, landing on 98. Clearly, fate was on her side. She then used her remaining power, the power she had stored, to power her role further. It was time to go to work.

The fellbird had returned to its nest, wounded. Bastet started stirring the clouds around the nest, creating a great storm over it. Her mightiest warrior reached the top of the tower, ready to face the massive bird as thunder echoed around the forest. She held her weapon to the air as she addressed the fellbird with a mighty war cry, a cry that boomed over the thunder. Lightning rained down onto the tower, striking the fellbird in several places as her weapon lit up. She then ran at the fellbird, leaping onto it and climbing up onto the bird's head. She raised her weapon high into the air, lightning striking it several times, the symbols on the blade glowing a bright pink. The warrior then turned the weapon on herself, piercing her midriff. Pink lightning erupted from the tip of the weapon, covering the fellbird. It let out one last, weak cry, before erupting in a bright, white light.

The girls at the bottom of the tower also started glowing slightly, as their bodies started to change. Wings of different colors erupted out of their backs, and their cute kitty feet turned into sharp talons. They continued their singing, praising the fellbird for its gift, as they looked up to their mighty huntress. She had grown, not quite as big as the fellbird, her arms covered in pink feathers and two huge wings having sprouted out of her back, covered in the pink feathers. She had four eyes, and sharp talons on the ends of her feet. Even her tail had feathers on it now.

Bastet nodded, turning her attention away from her new creations briefly to address her lands. The massive crystal that sat on top of her mountain was fully covered in carvings now, and it had an ominous feeling to it. She reached down to the planet, and picked up this crystal. She then put it in the center of Cogus as it lined up with the top of the volcano.

The world trembled, and all life paused for a second, looking to the moons. A bright flash of red light erupted out of the top of the tallest volcano, and went through the three moons, empowering them. The two stars turned a blood red, and the entire land was bathed in the color. All of the creatures in the land would feel a great power washing through them, as the planet rejuvenated itself. Areas that were brown would become a little greener, oceans would have more life in them. Existing tribes would have a population boost, and feel happier. And the world was a bit more kawaii.

The light would end after the next turn.

Bastet smiled, watching her crystal gather this power. She directed the tribe around the fellbird's old nest to return home. They stretched their new wings out, and took flight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm 

!#%$'s eyes grew watery from the display. The creature itself that was just made was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. And then the meeting with the Fellbird! Oh, such a loving display to make a wonderful child, it was simply stunning. "Happy" was a terrible word to describe his feelings. Ecstatic, delighted, jubilation, euphoria: all of these would fall short, but they would have to suffice.

With that, he turned his attention towards the egg. Between all the acidic sludge that surrounded the area and its likely very durable shell, considering its parents, it would likely be fine. Nevertheless, !#%$ felt a sense of urgency when it came to hatching it, or perhaps that was just impatience due to his giddiness. He supposed it could be that he felt the need to follow up, when the gods of this half of the world no doubt heard the screech of his new creation, and undoubtedly saw the majestic Fellbird in flight on its trip over.

Or perhaps the encounter with Bastet had made him nervous. No, that's absurd.

It was then, though, that as he sat upon his ethereal disco ball in Cogus that he felt a prick, making him jump up in surprise.

A crystal.

No, this wouldn't do. Such an intrusion on his sacred ground... or, the closest thing he had to sacred ground, at any rate. It was then that he noticed its effects on the world below. No, this would do even less. Especially with that egg outside. He was fine with sharing this creature's creation with Horus, in part: his work seemed respectable enough. He created the Fellbird, how could he not be a rad guy? Hell, even Corves had a hand in this creation, as well, but from the little they had interacted, !#%$ could already feel they were birds of a feather. To have Bastet influence this creature's existence, though? No, that would not do at all. Despite his words, !#%$ did feel the need to protect at least this one entity, as much as he didn't want to admit it.

!#%$ considered the situation carefully.

Finally coming upon a decision, !#%$ chose to move the egg. Specifically, to the the southern pole of the planet, completely opposite from the planet's crown, and thus no doubt mostly, if not entirely safe from the crystal's light. Horus' penguin-like creations rested there, after all; perhaps he might even take some responsibility over this offspring that was basically a descendant of his and have them protect it in some way, or something.

Rolled a 58.

!#%$ could only hope that the acidic slime that came from his own gullet that covered the Writh would be enough to protect it from this other gods' influence, although its wounded state did worry him slightly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

Horus was shaken when he looked up to the Great Meeting, which is the classification he would use from now on as he did not want to call it a "beautiful display of love". It was, for lack of a better word, horrifying in every regard. It was...

...wait, he could actually find better words: vulgar, indecent, x-rated, bawdy, coarse, erotic, filthy, gross, hard-core, immodest, immoral, improper, impure, in bad taste, incontinent, indelicate, lascivious, lecherous, lewd, libertine, libidinous, liscentious, lustful, naughty, obscene, off-color, profligate, questionable, racy, rakish, ribald, risque, salacious, scandalous, scurrilous, shameless, taboo, unclean, unconventional, unvirtuous, vile, wicked...just plain not-Christian, or whatever name your penguin baby will be given. He felt dirty just knowing that it was an event that occurred and that he was indirectly involved in it.

...urgh...

But to be fair, it did produce this lovely egg that has suddenly appeared in the penguin lands. That's pretty nice. Maybe the combination of the two most horrible creatures ever created may produce something...not? Maybe?

Horus got up from his chair. He saw the grief the fish had to go through and saw the kind acts of the tribe. It almost seemed like it was through some invisible hand. The fish would get to its destination rather quickly now. Maybe the Fellbird would see this gift and start worship for the little god that could. Corralling it would be the best thing right now. Especially since he doesn't want...that...to happen again.
And he saw the tribes that aided him. He knew he'd have to return the favor, but he can't do anything on the ground yet. He has to save that moment. He'd have to leave them be for now.

...then again...maybe there's a way they can be aware of his help.

Thankfully, he has the perfect way to use his enhanced power.

He looked to the rivers, then to the icecap. It's time for his namesake to return to the forefront. He's the falcon god, gosh darnit.

He focused on the entirety of the rocky mountainside surrounding the river. With his rested power, this would not be a problem at all. He then willed the rocky terrain to form a new type of falcon. These falcons, born of the rock, would be naturally resistant to many ills of the world, including potential sludge and acid from the fellbird's presence. They would also be naturally engaged in the well-being of the Ayla and Leyar tribes, to the point that a few of those tribesmen would be able to tame the lesser falcons if they so desired. Regardless, they would aid the tribesmen in any way they can.
Meanwhile, the falcons would be naturally friendly to the penguins of the south, as they shared a creator. The benefits of aided relief to the tribes near the metal forest as well as the penguins of the south would make traversing the river easier for those three groups.

He held his makeshift die up in the air, then cast his roll in an albeit overdramatic action. TIME TO FLY!

Rolled a 70

"Whew!"

Horus stumbled for a moment, tired from his overdramatic spiel. He stretched and decided to use his Free Action to enjoy a nice beverage. He peeked into the GODLY REFRESHMENT LOUNGE to make sure no one was inside. He didn't want to socialize. He likes to be helpful to the other gods, sure, and if they ever needed help, he'd probably end up doing it just so they wouldn't bother him again, but he'd be happy to avoid social interaction. He walked to the fridge and looked inside.
Water. He's had enough of water.
Fresh-squeezed orange juice. Wonder who decided to make oranges.
Coca-cola? The penguins weren't due for that beverage to appear until years later when the polar bear traders get created.

Hm...
He decided to go with orange juice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 am 

Because who gives a !#%$ about when or where !#%$ is (with Corves? On Cogus? With the Great Curiosity??? WHO KNOWS), he just so happened to show up in the holy lounge of nonsense to greet good ol' Horus. "Hey there, buddy!" he said with a large smirk and a pat on the back, "Fancy meeting you here."

With that, !#%$ put his arm on Horus' shoulder in a friendly manner, going on, "Just wanted to say, you've been doing a great job! That giant cavern into the depths of the planet? Great fun, looks hella imposing, let me tell you, and I'm sure I don't even have to mention how awe-inspiring the Fellbird is, had to store some power and get another dude's help to even come close to making a worthy partner for it, let me tell you. Speaking of, I'm sure you'll do juuuust fiiine in watching over our little grandbaby, eh? Might be a bit unpleasant for the penguin fellows you got goin' down there, but I'm sure it won't liquify too many of them before it realizes they were there to watch over it, y'know?"

!#%$ stood there with a surprisingly sincere-looking grin as he awaited any sort of answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 am 
Site Admin

Elby wrote:
Because who gives a !#%$ about when or where !#%$ is (with Corves? On Cogus? With the Great Curiosity??? WHO KNOWS), he just so happened to show up in the holy lounge of nonsense to greet good ol' Horus. "Hey there, buddy!" he said with a large smirk and a pat on the back, "Fancy meeting you here."

With that, !#%$ put his arm on Horus' shoulder in a friendly manner, going on, "Just wanted to say, you've been doing a great job! That giant cavern into the depths of the planet? Great fun, looks hella imposing, let me tell you, and I'm sure I don't even have to mention how awe-inspiring the Fellbird is, had to store some power and get another dude's help to even come close to making a worthy partner for it, let me tell you. Speaking of, I'm sure you'll do juuuust fiiine in watching over our little grandbaby, eh? Might be a bit unpleasant for the penguin fellows you got goin' down there, but I'm sure it won't liquify too many of them before it realizes they were there to watch over it, y'know?"

!#%$ stood there with a surprisingly sincere-looking grin as he awaited any sort of answer.

Horus almost spat out his orange juice at the sudden pat on the back. Oh no. Socializing.

He looks up at the imposing, yet otherwise plain figure talking to him, the arm on his shoulder, while friendly, was foreign in his comfort zone of a single pixel of real space. It felt as if the arm was the heaviest thing a god could lift to Horus.

In his mind, a thousand "please leave"s echoed throughout, as if it was swallowing the recesses of his innermost thoughts. But he couldn't leave that impression.

A-a-appearance is important.

"A-ah, yes, you...um...yes. T-the fellbird wasn't...e-entirely...I mean, grandbaby?! I don't...It wasn't...Uh...liquify?...yes, right...uh, huh..." Horus nodded rather forcefully, trying hard to not look entirely out of place in this god-like...lounge area. He squeezed the orange juice box in his hand to relieve the evergrowing tension in his chest. Social interaction is not a strong suit.

Wait...liquify? Did he just say liquify?!

"Wait...I-I don't think it'd be good for m-my penguins to liquify! I've...I mean, I have plans for them!" Horus looked up at !#%$, or Huey as he was now known to Horus. Inside of the shadowy visage in Horus's hood, a worried expression could be seen in his two wide eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:38 am 

"Relaaaax!" Huey !#%$ said, "Like I said, I'm sure it won't be too many. Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet. Well, bad example, since the egg's the one doing the breaking to others in this case, but you get the idea, right?" With a pat atop Horus' head, he went on, "It'll all pay off in the long run, can bring him back to the other half to really have some fun when it's ready." He looked around shiftily to make sure no one--a very specific one, in this case--was listening, before finishing in a much quieter and more sinister tone with "Who knows, might even end up being our greatest weapon against that catty !#%$."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 am 
Site Admin

Horus was still unnerved by all of this, but the mention of the catgirl reminds him.

"H-her! She's trying to...!" He drops his OJ box and grasps Huey's shirt, an expression of horror on his face.

He immediately stops himself, his arms slacking to his side, and he looked down at the crushed orange juice box, the contents being spilled on the floor.

He then gave out a tired sigh. "M-maybe you're right."

...it was then that an idea flashed in his mind.

"Wait...you! Y-you could help me!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:51 am 

!#%$'s expression quickly turned a bit confused at all this, but at the final sentence, a friendly grin quickly returned. "That's the spirit!" he shouted with another pat on the back, "Us gods making things of true beauty, we gotta work together. So anything to help a pal out."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Horus abhorred what he was about to say, but he knew it was something that needed to be done. He needed to help the Fellbird. Even a monstrous blight upon Ayotilian life needed to be saved.

He knew the results have not been foreseen yet and he knew what he was about to ask of would be of an extreme detriment to everything he held dear, but he knew it was his only chance. He will own his mistakes.

"I..."

Horus looked down, his eyes tensely closed as he brought up the will to say what he needed to say. He then looked up to his so-called brother-in-arms, a fierce look in his eyes.

"I need you...to babysit."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next