Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 pm 

Stole this idea from the /tg/ board on 4chan. This thread specifically.

All the posters are the gods of this world and you post what you're trying to create and then post the results of a d100 roll (just click roll, no modifiers). This determines how well you did in creating it. You can be as wildly creative or simply mundane as you like. The thread inspiring this contained a non-euclidean forest, a world tree with klien bottle leafs that are portals to other worlds, and an acid moon. Events will happen as the world develops, changing things up, and when civilization develop you might need worshipers to gain more power. All you need to play is a name for your god. One post per round, a round ends when I post. You do not need to post every round, and anyone can join at any time however joining in the beginning is ideal. I'll probably create a map or something later.

This barren planet is called Ayotil. It is your playground now.

Spoiler: click to show

Example Posts:

Player:

Quote:
Rolled 56

I am the god Generic and I create a range of mountains perpetually on fire.

Me:

Quote:
The mountain range is created. No life can live here unless they gain a resistance to fire.

Player List:
User Name - God Name
Elby - !#%$
Falcon6 - Horus
Mecha - Jeff, The Janitor
Shredderman8160 - Brometheus
DoM - Repugnatus
McKnackus I - The Grand Master Doopinus
Ruki Motomiya - Alice, Queen of Queens
Mister Owl - Legault
Snes - The Great Curiosity
Voice - Gene the Ascended
Nekomusume~chan - Bastet

Post subject: Re: Worldbuilding Game
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 am 

I am the god !#%$.

I add hermit robots, none of which live with anything, not even each other.

I rolled a 41.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:52 am 
Site Admin

Rolled a 26

I am the god Horus. First order of business: I create a blistering desert filled with a many manner of birds.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 am 

Roll(1d100)+0:
91,+0
Total:91
MODIFIER FOR BEING AWESOME +1000000
AWESOME TOTAL:1000091
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff, the God's Janitor!

AND THUS IT WAS THAT THE GOD'S CREATION ROOM WAS DIRTY, AND THEY CALLED THE JANITOR TO THE ROOM TO CLEAN, AND JEFF DID CLEANETH THE ROOM AND HE NOTICED THE GODS WERE STUMPED AND THUSLY HE LOOKED UPON THEIR BARREN WORLD AND SAID "W'hell that sure does look mighty fine there, what with being plain and all, but ol' Jeff here thinks you need a grand forest!" AND SO JEFF TOOK CONTROL AND SPREAD THE SEED ACROSS A PORTION OF THE LAND, AND METAL TREES GREW WHERE HE TOUCHED THE SURFACE. HE DOTTED THE SURFACE, AND SMEARED THE LAND WITH LAKES AND STREAMS. HE THEN PUSHED A BUNCH OF BUTTONS AND SO THE TREES CAME TO LIFE, A LIVING METAL. AND THUSLY THEY WERE GOOD, AND PRODUCED GASSES TO CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE.

And Jeff looked down unto this and it was good.

So it is written.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:59 am 

Elby wrote:
I am the god !#%$.

I add hermit robots, none of which live with anything, not even each other.

I rolled a 41.

Four simple robot hermits were created, thrown to the corners of the world. However they are prone to wear, rust, and require maintenance. I doubt they will last long.

Falcon6 wrote:
Rolled a 26

I am the god Horus. First order of business: I create a blistering desert filled with a many manner of birds.

You scorch the planet and create a small desert. Blistering it is! With out plant life or water the birds begin to quickly die off.

Mecha wrote:
Roll(1d100)+0:
91,+0
Total:91
MODIFIER FOR BEING AWESOME +1000000
AWESOME TOTAL:1000091
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff, the God's Janitor!

AND THUS IT WAS THAT THE GOD'S CREATION ROOM WAS DIRTY, AND THEY CALLED THE JANITOR TO THE ROOM TO CLEAN, AND JEFF DID CLEANETH THE ROOM AND HE NOTICED THE GODS WERE STUMPED AND THUSLY HE LOOKED UPON THEIR BARREN WORLD AND SAID "W'hell that sure does look mighty fine there, what with being plain and all, but ol' Jeff here thinks you need a grand forest!" AND SO JEFF TOOK CONTROL AND SPREAD THE SEED ACROSS A PORTION OF THE LAND, AND METAL TREES GREW WHERE HE TOUCHED THE SURFACE. HE DOTTED THE SURFACE, AND SMEARED THE LAND WITH LAKES AND STREAMS. HE THEN PUSHED A BUNCH OF BUTTONS AND SO THE TREES CAME TO LIFE, A LIVING METAL. AND THUSLY THEY WERE GOOD, AND PRODUCED GASSES TO CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE.

And Jeff looked down unto this and it was good.

So it is written.

You all step back as Jeff begins to show a great power. Metal trees, cold and jagged, rise from a section of the land and form a forest dotted with small lakes and rivers. The atmosphere makes Ayotil much more habitable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm 

The moons of this planet are the remains of the three heads of the dark lord who once tried to consume the planet. What stopped it is unknown; however, the headmoons have since been combined with technology, the decayed flesh showing surprising potential as machine parts, leading to them doing amazing and often unexpected things when put to use; however, they tend to require tons of energy in the process.

okay time to get a !#%$ roll so that was all meaningless
uhhh
yeah, that's pretty !#%$

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 pm 

Rolled a 23

I am the god Brometheus. My first creation shall be a massive ocean filled with sea creatures. One of them being sharks with frickin' laser beams on their frickin' heads.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 pm 

Rolled a 79
I am Repugnatus and I shall create a huge desert of unsavoriness.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:24 pm 

Rolled a 27

I am The Grand Master Doopinus and I command a blacklight sun to illuminate the night!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 pm 

Elby wrote:
The moons of this planet are the remains of the three heads of the dark lord who once tried to consume the planet. What stopped it is unknown; however, the headmoons have since been combined with technology, the decayed flesh showing surprising potential as machine parts, leading to them doing amazing and often unexpected things when put to use; however, they tend to require tons of energy in the process.

okay time to get a !#%$ roll so that was all meaningless
uhhh
yeah, that's pretty !#%$

You quickly realize that this planet is just a rock with no history. You're making its history. Fresh out of dark lord heads, you try to make a machine moon. However a machine this large seems to be too big of a task, and all that ends up being made is a giant gear orbiting the planet. You gravely hope you got the trajectory of its orbit right. It will be called Cogus.

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Rolled a 23

I am the god Brometheus. My first creation shall be a massive ocean filled with sea creatures. One of them being sharks with frickin' laser beams on their frickin' heads.

A new god joins the fray placing down a small ocean and uses his great powers to fill it with life. However, instead of the pop culture reference they hopped to recreate, all that came from them were microbial lifeforms. Without a proper moon, it rages out of control.

DoM wrote:
Rolled a 79
I am Repugnatus and I shall create a huge desert of unsavoriness.

Again, the land is scorched, this time the scarred land is greater. This new land has a strange sorrowful aura.

McKnackus I wrote:
Rolled a 27

I am The Grand Master Doopinus and I command a blacklight sun to illuminate the night!

You try to create a great sun of black flame but the task proves too challenging. Instead, you create a small moonstar orbiting the planet. It is called Leth.

Event: Between the water, atmosphere, and moonstar small life begins to form in the metal forest. Tiny lizards and reptiles that eat the strange fruit produced by the trees.

The planets current state:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 am 
Site Admin

"Oh...OH !#%$ OH !#%$", the god would say I would assume. "I gotta...I gotta save them."

With a mighty echo of his voice, he calls for a flood to hit the northern region to create a sea for his birds.

Rolled a 10

!#%$

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:13 am 

And the God's smile shown upon the battered world and it was weird. And the God did say "I am Alice, queen of queens. Look on my works be mighty and despair!"

Then she tried to make sure that all the moonstar and stuff wasn't going to, like, explode the planet. Make sure the atmosphere was hospitable. Maybe try creating a single mouse to test out this LIFE CREATING THING.

Rolled a 54

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:28 am 

Making do with what little they have, some plants try to grow in the midst of the deserts. They glow a deep, dark blue, the plants themselves being black, not unlike the moonstar that gives them what little sustenance they get. However, they are very, very sticky, and whenever something does get stuck to them, they leak an acid towards the stuck thing to dissolve and eventually absorb them for nutrients.

AND I ROLL, a 63.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:01 am 

Roll(1d100)+0:
88,+0
Total:88
INCREDIBLE MODIFIER: 100000000000000+
INCREDIBLE TOTAL: 100000000000088+

AND SO JEFF DID LOOK AT THE GODS SUDDENLY COMING UP WITH IDEAS AND DECIDED THAT "That shore is mighty fine." AND HE DID LOOK DOWN TO HIS CHILDREN, GROWN FROM THE SEED THAT HE HAD SPREAD ACROSS THE LAND, AND HE DID SHED A SINGLE TEAR. AND THE GOD'S TEAR DID ATTACH ITSELF TO THE LAND, AND HE DID WIPE IT ACROSS THE PLANET, CREATING VAST PLAINS NEXT TO THE METAL FOREST, WITH GRASS AS DEEP BLUE AS THE SEAS THEMSELVES. AND HIS PLAINS WERE FULL OF HIS LOVE, HIS HOPES FOR HIS CHILDREN TO FLOURISH, AND THEY DID RETAIN MYSTICAL PROPERTIES.

Jeff did look down unto this, and it was good.

Thus it is written.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 am 

Falcon6 wrote:
"Oh...OH !#%$ OH !#%$", the god would say I would assume. "I gotta...I gotta save them."

With a mighty echo of his voice, he calls for a flood to hit the northern region to create a sea for his birds.

Rolled a 10

!#%$

Hungry and dehydrated, the birds lie in the sand weak from a lack of nutrients. Horus looked upon this and with his power gave them a sea to quench their thirst. And quench them it did. Wave upon wave crashes down on the birds, too frail to fly safely into the air. The birds of the desert are now extinct.

Ruki Motomiya wrote:
And the God's smile shown upon the battered world and it was weird. And the God did say "I am Alice, queen of queens. Look on my works be mighty and despair!"

Then she tried to make sure that all the moonstar and stuff wasn't going to, like, explode the planet. Make sure the atmosphere was hospitable. Maybe try creating a single mouse to test out this LIFE CREATING THING.

Rolled a 54

Alice creates a handful of mice-like creatures into the metal forest. They are pitch black with beady red eyes and a metallic tail that sounds like chain when it moves. They use this to cover the sound of their movement with the sound of the chains that hang down from the metal trees like a willow.

Elby wrote:
Making do with what little they have, some plants try to grow in the midst of the deserts. They glow a deep, dark blue, the plants themselves being black, not unlike the moonstar that gives them what little sustenance they get. However, they are very, very sticky, and whenever something does get stuck to them, they leak an acid towards the stuck thing to dissolve and eventually absorb them for nutrients.

AND I ROLL, a 63.

Sticky, black plants that glow blue sprout up in the desert and the sandy edge of the new sea. The plants near the sea grow more plentiful from the subsistence the water gives them. If there was any conceivable way for the birds to climb from their watery tomb, the plants would surely get them. The ones in the desert barely survive from the moonstar alone with no other life in the desert but them and are thus more dry and wilted looking.

Mecha wrote:
Roll(1d100)+0:
88,+0
Total:88
INCREDIBLE MODIFIER: 100000000000000+
INCREDIBLE TOTAL: 100000000000088+

AND SO JEFF DID LOOK AT THE GODS SUDDENLY COMING UP WITH IDEAS AND DECIDED THAT "That shore is mighty fine." AND HE DID LOOK DOWN TO HIS CHILDREN, GROWN FROM THE SEED THAT HE HAD SPREAD ACROSS THE LAND, AND HE DID SHED A SINGLE TEAR. AND THE GOD'S TEAR DID ATTACH ITSELF TO THE LAND, AND HE DID WIPE IT ACROSS THE PLANET, CREATING VAST PLAINS NEXT TO THE METAL FOREST, WITH GRASS AS DEEP BLUE AS THE SEAS THEMSELVES. AND HIS PLAINS WERE FULL OF HIS LOVE, HIS HOPES FOR HIS CHILDREN TO FLOURISH, AND THEY DID RETAIN MYSTICAL PROPERTIES.

Jeff did look down unto this, and it was good.

Thus it is written.

The blue fields spring up around the forest allowing life to spring up outside its oppressive confines.

The planet's current state:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next