Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:00 pm 

Look At

Comics
Image That's the Comics section. Though for some reason it only ever seems to house comics you can find freely online and none of the professional high-quality ones you'd find in other locations. I wonder what it says about the owner...

General Discussion
Image Ah, General Discussion... When you have a lot to say about nothing at all.

Entertainment
Image The Entertainment section, where people can discuss their favourite TV shows, movies, and video games, without actually engaging in said entertainment all that much. A weird irony, really.

Creativity
Image It's the Creativity area, where whimsy and imagination and fun come to life. It seems to be covered in cobwebs these days.

Roleplay
Image The Roleplay section, where people of all walks of life engage in various different activities and pretend to be heroes and villains in various different settings.
ImageThey have a very strict BYOD20 code however.

General Archives
Image The General Archives, which houses history's deepest, darkest secrets...such as what kind of people have avoided their taxes.

Falcon6
Image That's Falcon6, the top admin of the forum and retired hero.
Image Well, at least, I assume he's retired... Haven't seen him doing anything as of late. Maybe he spends his hero times donating to charity or something...?

Raxy
Image That's Raxy. With how much of a sausage fest this place can be, it's nice to see a girl every once and a while. She blends in so nicely, you could mistake her as being one of the guys this whole time.

Elby
Image That's Elby. He is completely flat. I mean in his appearance, not personality. He has a lot of spark to him.
ImageReally though, how can he support his own weight?

DoM
Image That's DoM. He's got deep passions, but seems to let his own doubts get the better of him. Y'know, I hear he's an unsavory creature, but I've never been brave enough to taste test him. I don't like kissing other guys, y'know!

FSLAR
Image That's FSLAR, or Roger2x4, or FourSwordsLord, or...
Image Y'know, I'm just going to give up and call him by the acronym.
ImageHe's got a lot of opinions, might be worth a listen or view.

Chuckdorel
Image That's Chuckdorel, or rather Yokuba, or perhaps...? I've lost track of what names he calls himself these days since I never got around to asking him what he'd rather be addressed by.
ImageWish he'd just stick with one name though. What a hoser!

McKnackus
Image That's McKnackus, though I like to refer to him as Knack. Rolls off the tongue better. Very much in the way of drawing, though tends to disappear quite a lot.

Azure
Image That's Azure, formerly the Dragon God. Very low key I've noticed. Guess being a bit shy does make you lose your God status, doesn't it?
Image Or maybe he's just playing hooky from spy training?

Mecha
Image That's Mecha. He's a rather intimidating fellow, but you know what I think? Deep down, he's probably just a big softy. I'm not stupid enough to prove that theory though.

Shredderman8160
Image That's Shredderman8160, though I prefer to call him Kiyoshi. He's an aspiring musician and I appreciate his dedication to the craft. Doesn't seem to like you bringing water on stage though.

Bacon Supreme
Image That's Bacon Supreme, a student of MIT. In other words, he's making the rest of us blokes look like incompetant hacks. Good luck with the future there, guy!

Pikmanipulator
Image That's Pikmanipulator, who's name is consistently spelled wrong by others. He's got a sort of youthful style of enthusiasm about him. Reminds me of me when I was younger...

Pick Up

Comics
Image I suppose a little light reading wouldn't hurt here and there...
*obtained webcomic*

General Discussion
Image What discussion should I pick up on? You'll need to be more specific.

Entertainment
Image Oh, I'd love to, but they don't offer the kind of entertainment I am looking for right now.

Creativity
Image I tried once. The best I could muster was some scribbles.

Roleplay
Image I thought about doing that, but the idea of pretending that I'm someone that I am not is just so...not normal. No offense or anything, but it's just weird.

General Archives
Image I don't think I am legally allowed to pick that up without government approval.

Falcon6
Image I'd sure like to pick his brain a bit, find out where all those ideas he had went away to.

Raxy
Image As fun as that sounds, I'm pretty sure that's illegal in just about every state.

Elby
Image Y'know, he looks light enough so...maybe?
*obtained Elby*

DoM
Image Boy, he really could use a pick me up, couldn't he? Too bad I'm fresh out.

FSLAR
Image I am not a big online company, so picking him up would offer no benefit to either of us.

Chuckdorel
Image Sorry, but I'm just not interested in that way.

McKnackus
Image Man, if I could just pick up whatever it is he does, I'd probably be able to do proper commissions...

Azure
Image I could try, but he'd probably just run off and hide or something...

Mecha
Image Do I look like I have a death wish?!

Shredderman8160
Image No thanks. If I were to so much as touch his axe, I'd be dead!

Bacon Supreme
Image Here's an unpopular opinion: I don't like Bacon. So I'm not going to touch it even if you ask me.
Image ...Oh, Bacon Supreme? Nah, he's an alright guy. Still not picking him up though.

Pikmanipulator
Image With all that armor, I feel like trying to pick him up is an exercise in futility.

Last edited by The Great B-Man on Sat May 02, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:37 pm 

It's Roger 2x4 by B-Man. Oh man though

These made me laugh way, way too hard at times. I'd list the highlights but that'd take a long time. Good work B!

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:43 pm 

FSLAR wrote:

These made me laugh way, way too hard at times. I'd list the highlights but that'd take a long time. Good work B!

Image Fixed. The idea first popped in while thinking of old adventure games, particularly the number of times I saw a joke involving "Pick Up". One thing led to another and, while working, had all these different ideas out and decided to write it all down here.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:01 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
enthusism

And apparently, my name's misspelling bug is contagious.

Cool thread, B.

Fun fact: I'm thinking about changing my avatar.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:20 am 

Wow, nicely done, B-Man. You seem to know me well, and-
The Great B-Man wrote:
Shredderman8160
Image Doesn't seem to like you bringing water on stage though.

!#%$.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:01 am 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
The Great B-Man wrote:
Shredderman8160

!#%$.

GOTTEM

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:21 am 

The Great B-Man wrote:
FSLAR wrote:

Image Fixed. The idea first popped in while thinking of old adventure games, particularly the number of times I saw a joke involving "Pick Up". One thing led to another and, while working, had all these different ideas out and decided to write it all down here.
Oh, I almost thought that was on purpose haha. This a novel idea though, I really did love it. Didn't really see the thing behind my multiple usernames/nicknames coming though.

Bacon Supreme wrote:
Shredderman8160 wrote:
The Great B-Man wrote:
Shredderman8160

!#%$.

GOTTEM
Yeah sorry Kiyoshi, but this...this was one of the things that made me laugh so hard.

But don't worry, those days are well behind you! Though water on your stage is probably legitimately bad...so don't feel too blue about that.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:28 am 

I hate my 12 year old self. I mean, I'm sure we all do, but still.

And it depends where the water is. In a bottle? That's fine. If you play genres like death metal, that's pretty much necessary, since you'll get a really good workout.

A puddle of water on stage? Yeah that's not good.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:39 am 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
I hate my 12 year old self. I mean, I'm sure we all do, but still.

And it depends where the water is. In a bottle? That's fine. If you play genres like death metal, that's pretty much necessary, since you'll get a really good workout.

A puddle of water on stage? Yeah that's not good.
I think we all hate our old selves...I wonder how they would react to seeing our older selves though, lol

Also yeah on water.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:13 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Look At

Raxy
Image That's Raxy. With how much of a sausage fest this place can be, it's nice to see a girl every once and a while. She blends in so nicely, you could mistake her as being one of the guys this whole time.

I'm not sure that's quite what I wanted to hear!!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 pm 

I actually haven't been doing much drawing lately. More working and working out and oddly enough, more gaming. Though I am artistically active at my job so I guess that counts?

Also CRAP I still have these old E3 themed sig and avatars? Well the next E3 is soon so I might as well keep it.