Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:07 pm 

I would stop doing something too if I got minimal response from it

honestly the google search result thing didnt seem that funny anyway, sadly. Could have been handled a bit better by the company.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:36 pm 

Some of these were good but a number of them were weak, or questionable to the point where I think B posted an OOC response.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:17 pm 

Image Mecha hit it on the head there. My enthusiasm for this project just crashed down. I kept it on life support but it was time to put it down. You might've noticed that I would constantly just write a bunch at once. That's simply because I lost interest and honestly felt kind of agonized to force myself to type in more of this rubbish.

While Mecha was on point stating that no one posting replies here was a detriment, it wasn't really the main one. Oh sure, it was disheartening to see zero interest on this forum, but that's not unique to this topic. It pretty much comes with the territory now when the only time one would see a new post anywhere is on the RP Board. At the very least, I am aware people do look at it via Skype and other formats. Would I like more interaction? Absolutely! That was what I attempted with last time with the trivia thing. That flopped quite badly as well. Even incentivizing with bribes didn't help.

I've mostly made my peace with that, though. (It has made me think about seeking other venues for entertainment and discussion, however, since my sleep schedule means I really don't get to talk on Skype all that much) So that alone wasn't why I stopped. Why I stopped was much simpler than that, that both Mecha and FSLAR both already figured out on their own:

They just aren't funny. They aren't even interesting! While previous Day-to-Day stuff got me some enjoyment over reading, this stuff was far more agonizing. The writers tried so desperately to think of some comedic words for these bizarre Google searches that it just rolls down to being just an eye-roller. Nevermind that many of the searches were of things like people looking up movie lines or song lyrics, something I've done myself. Let's not get into the fact that the majority of the Whoogles were nothing more than stuff involving fecal matter. The humor was far too low-brow for me to really enjoy.

Honestly, the only time I legitimately laughed at one of these was "does Jesus have a last name?" The reason, really, was because they kept this one simple. The writer kept his thoughts short and there was nothing more to take off this other than "Wow, this person really was a numb nut."

I wasn't having fun. People around me weren't having fun. I figured why waste my time when I have better things I could spend it on?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22