Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 am 

So last night/this morning, I had a dream that, wasn't really a nightmare but it still managed to make me lose sleep somehow.

I was with three of my friends, two of which I haven't seen in about 6 years, camping by a river near a giant metal bridge. We were simply talking about stuff that happened that didn't really actually happen, while the sun just kept rising and setting in a matter of seconds. Eventually it stopped and everything went dark, except for the river which was glowing a dark green colour. Obviously this seemed like the perfect time to go for a swim. We just kinda splashed around the surface for awhile until I decided to dive down. Somehow despite my, pretty lousy swimming skills I reached the bottom. It was there that I saw, something. I'm not entirely sure how you'd describe it. It was like a giant, skinny manta ray, except it was bright red and had like, a human face on it's back and on it's underbelly. Naturally I freaked out and swam back up to the surface, but when I got there my friends had vanished. Suddenly the ray monster breached out of the river and just, floated there above the water, starring at me with it's belly face. Next thing I knew the bridge just, suddenly explode and the pitch black sky turned orange. Then the ray screamed at me.

And THEN, I woke up. Except I didn't really, because I woke up to find everything my house had a hand jutting out of it. But I treated it as completely normal and just, went to take a shower. When I did the ray monster came out of the shower head, only this time it had a handprint were it's back face was, and it wrapped it's papery wings around me.

Next thing I knew I was, in an underwater city, working as a secretary for some big name sales manager. Said manager turned out to be, the ray monster only this time he was....a manta ray merman. He talked to me about a big mistake he made in his past, and how he was planning on correcting it. Next thing I know we're plotting to blow up Neptune.

Then my alarm went off and I had half an hour to get ready for work and aaaaaaaaaaaaah.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm 

So I had a weird sort-of Harry Potter dream last night (not really). It started with me in my high school cafeteria. I kept trying to get something from Fred and George Weasley, but they kept switching it with something random every time I tried to take it. One time it was a pair of magnifying glasses, the next time it was a glass trophy. You get the idea. After about two minutes, they let me have it and I went back to sit next to Harry and Ron. Harry begins mentioning that he's been feeling like something has been odd, but he can't put his finger on it. I asked him more about it in a way that made it obvious that I knew more than I was letting on (I didn't know what I knew at this point in the dream).

Then an announcement is made on the PA system about strange letters that people have been receiving that claim to be from Death. He asks the recipients to find a way to travel back in time and stop someone from being born in exchange for a certain something that was also different for each person. That someone is different in each letter. The announcement says that anyone who receives one should immediately bring it to an authority figure to have it examined. Immediately after the announcement was finished, letters began appearing in front of several students including one nearby. I grab it from him and read it. I then run through the halls to a specific class and ask if anyone had received a letter. One girl said she did, and then I asked her what was in it.

And my dream ended there. A shame, really. I would've liked to know where it would have gone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:43 am 

I had a dream I was sitting on a couch in rainbow place with close friends I didn't know and we we're passing around a magic ring that made people love the wearer if you told them to. A guy and a girl agree to try it out, one wears the ring and uses it on the other. It works. The ring is passed to me and wearing it makes everything I see ripple like water. I think about the pop song 'Everybody Loves Me' and realize that actually saying that would be a bad idea. I take it off and pass it to the next person and then the dream ends.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:09 pm 

A few nights ago I had a couple of dreams. The first dream had me in some sort of school facility where the walls were made of red bricks and the lighting was pretty poor. It was also nighttime. I and a bunch of other students--I guess--were standing out in the back in uniforms. There were tents everywhere, filled with "prisoners", my mind told me. And I was one of the guards. I remember sitting on a chair near one of the tents, and this one girl prisoner under my watch took a romantic interest in me.

Then I was inside the building in the bathroom. A female teacher--I guess--was in there too, although I'm pretty sure it was the boys' bathroom. She said she was on the lookout for some runaway kids who were hiding around. I approached one of the sinks and in the mirror I saw some little boys peeking around corners of columns and then making a dash for the exit. The teacher just stood there, watching them. I assumed she was going to do something about them, but she didn't; at least, not that I saw. I just went on to use one of the urinals and the next time I looked over in that direction, she was gone.

Now, there were a couple of kids that each had a reputation for doing one thing and one thing only. One kid's shtick was grabbing people's arms and holding them behind their backs. The other kid I kind of forget what he did. Maybe it was pick-pocketing. Anyway, I was vaguely aware of the other kid pick-pocketing or whatever outside, but while I was going to the bathroom, the hand-grabber sneaked up behind me and grabbed my arms. Even though my arms were more or less immobilized, I managed to grab a used Kleenex from my pocket and fling it at the guy's face, which distracted him enough for me to get away.

The next I remember seeing was a third-person perspective of the bathroom as the arm-grabbing kid and the pick-pocketing kid tried to use their special talent against one another, resulting in a tangle with the one of pickpocket's arms being grabbed but the other one was flailing around wildly, I guess trying to reach the arm-grabber's pockets but being unable to get a good angle. Eventually they broke apart and the pickpocket, who always spoke in rap for some reason, said to the other guy something like:

"Woah, that's some skillz there, yo
We ought to go pro
And put on a show
Maybe we should asso-
ciate!"

And the arm-grabber was like, "Okay." And so they became like a supervillian team in a really low-budget superhero movie.

The rest of the dream I remember in pieces: I know that at some point, one of the villains--I think it was the arm-grabber--had a change of heart and ended up sitting in the company of us "good guys" but was still kind of nervous and mostly just watched us all. I also know that the girl with the romantic interest in me lay her head on my lap at one point, and also that she was sort of thin with black hair and a larger-than average nose. However, she eventually changed into a much wider girl with blonde hair, some glasses, and a smaller nose. At that point, I was living in some sort of fraternity cabin with a bunch of other people. The girl had just fixed the antennae on a TV and everyone hailed her as a hero.

That's pretty much where the first dream ends.

The second dream was about Animal Crossing New Leaf. I saw everything from the same perspective that you view the game from, with my own character moving around my own town and stuff. It was dark out and the river was really rushing. I (Or should I say my character? Eh, they're pretty much one and the same) walked past the suspension bridge to the west and saw Peaches walking and somehow she glitched her way into the river, where she went on walking as normal except with the water up to her neck. My character somehow transformed into an angelfish--on land, no less--and then slid over to the river and plopped in to rescue Peaches. By this time, the water was up to her eyes and she turned to me and she said, dialogue box and all, "Bret... Help me..." Then she started drifting away with the flow of the water (which was in the opposite direction as it should've been, now that I think about it) and my angelfish self tried to get around her and push her back, even though I was about one-eighth the size of her. She ended up drifting into this section of the ground that had been cut out in a square, almost as if somebody had removed a house and the ground along with it, and water was rushing into it. Peaches starting swirling around in the middle of the hole, and then she sunk.

The next thing I knew was that I was back in human form, wandering the banks of the river, which was now at an all-time low. Downed trees were slowly drifting along. All of the bridges were gone--washed away, presumably. Normally this would've prevented me from crossing over to the other half of the town at all, but with the water level so low, I discovered there were slopes leading down to the river bottom so I could easily cross anywhere. As I explored the devastation, I saw Queenie walking around on top of one of the banks as if this was just an everyday thing.

Then I went to the recycling shop, Re-Tail, to sell an old ham shank and a red Koopa shell. Gaston was the shopkeeper for some reason. It must have been way after hours (and yet I was still able to enter the store) because he seemed way out of it. When I spoke to him, he went, "No no no no no no no. Not fun. Wish...I was...elsewhere..." Then I gave him the two items I wanted to sell and he rattled them off: "Dried old meat. Ick. Red shell. Better. Some old, aged, piece of meat..." And then he looked at me with a confounded expression and said, "No. Unsanitary! Ill-fit for consumption! Will not process!" Then he went, "However..." and proceeded to open a large cardboard manual that was resting against the counter and he looked at it and went, "Hmm... What do you mean, it can be recycled?" looking at me with a question mark over his head. Nonetheless, he agreed to take the items off my hands.

In return, he gave me an old lamp that he said I could hang outside my door. Changing to a first-person perspective, I was doing that, hanging the lamp outside a wooden door in a dim hallway while I could feel the eyes of the arm-grabbing kid from the previous dream watching me.

And then the radio alarm came on and I woke up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:34 am 

Raxy wrote:
On the last episode of Falcon6 Dream Puppet Theater:

Locked in a golden tower (well, a yellow tower. Think Prospit) in a purple void there are four people that look like characters from a medieval fantasy. They still have their weapons (and just realized they had them), including a large war hammer (Like Ramona's from Scott Pilgrim but with a design that looks more like Thor) to break out with. They are discussing which wall to break. The tower is occupied by things that look like ghosts of people who are either living or dead, but are not actually ghosts at all. They are scheming or in some sort of battle against someone but it is unknown who or what. They do not accept the fact that they are not ghosts. Outside the cell is a ghost who is sweeping, I believe he was called a 'reagent' but looking up the definition he might not have been.

I think the actual word might have been 'revenant' now that I'm looking back on it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 pm 

I just had a dream that involved an old man skateboarding through different planes. It was really cool and trippy and hard to describe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:18 pm 

that sounds an awful lot like something that would happen in Saint's Row.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:07 pm 

He kept trying to find ways to insult me cause I was trans but I kept turning it around, and then he seemed to be mad or upset because he was skateboarding. He broke out of the plane and onto earth in the middle of an ocean where a giant spider left a different tear and then he went through it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

That sounds like a radical old man with a mindset stuck in the 50s yet a 'tude stuck in the 90s.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:45 pm 

Falcon6 wrote:
That sounds like a radical old man with a mindset stuck in the 50s yet a 'tude stuck in the 90s.
That sounds about right.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:54 am 

Image All these Smash Bros. updates are starting to take a toll on my dreams...

I've actually had two separate dreams now where I saw a Smash Bros. update that I wanted to post but couldn't because it wasn't real.

First one was on Miiverse, where Sakurai basically just loses it and says that the community has ruined his passion for posting updates due to how unruly they were (specific mention went to Ridley fans, apparently) and thus, would no longer make pics of the day and that fans are just gonna have to wait for the game to launch to see what's in it (or E3 I would assume).

The second one, the main website glitched and showed that every one of screenshots were planned ahead, so I got to see what several screens in the future would look like in thumbnail form. If I had to guess, I'd say there were enough to last until E3's press conference. No brand new characters from what I could see, but I definitely saw returning ones that haven't been revealed, specifically ZSS and Yoshi.

...My dreams are lame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:23 am 

I dunno, that first dream actually gave me a laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 pm 

I had a really long dream like I was watching/was in a movie as different characters. I can't remember exactly what happened but it kinda skipped around anyway from what I could remember. First it was about an armadillo (probably Dylan knowing my mind) who used to be someone's pet but through a series of misunderstandings was thrown out of his home and had to live with other armadillos undergound. Two more intimidating armadillos convinced him to come back up to mess with him and he got lost somewhere.

Then I guess the movie cut to a completely different story about a guy named Mike and his pet squirrel who was raised by some other species I forget. Oh, and Mike kept insisting he was "part tornado" because apperantly he could create tornados. I don't remember all the details but I recall the squirrel and another squirrel escaping from a lab in a cool action sequence and somehow the first squirrel fell into water and woke up on a beach, where Mike was. Apperantly this was setup for a sequel?

And then part of the sequel happened where Mike and the squirrel stowed away on a cruise ship to who knows where but were eventually caught and catapulted off of it.

It wasn't a very cohesive dream but I could totally see it being a hit with young kids.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 am 

((OOC: I've got to mention this one I just woke up to.

Firstly, most of you know I work very late at night, right? Like, graveyard shift stuff? Well, my dream started with me one my way to work, like I usually do for those shifts. However, a few steps down while walking in nearly pitch blackness, I realized I forgot something vital and started walking back. Along the way, I slipped on some really black ice. Cursing the fact that Winter apparently was still here despite it being April, I got up and continued my way home. As I got closer, the night sky started to get brighter, strangely enough, making it look more like a traditional night sky, though stars were very hard to see. Stranger still, there were apparently two full moons out. I shrugged it off, thinking maybe one of them was just the Sun taking a very long time to go down and went inside my home.

After finding my things, I was stopped by my grandmother, who wanted to know what kind of Leatherworking armor my WoW character could use. This is the part where the back of my mind called "This is BS. No one in my family would even think about playing World of Warcraft, least of all one of my grandparents." Yeah, not the pitch blackness to sudden lightness, not the fact there are two moons: Just my family members playing WoW was the part that set off my alarm bells.

Nevertheless, I played along, explaining to her that I don't need any of that low level stuff because my character was 90. Seems she only plays it for the crafting, not the actual leveling and quests. By this point, I check the time on my phone and realize that if I don't hurry to work soon, I'll be late.

----------------

This is when I woke up, but the fun doesn't end there. I decide to look at my clock, like I always do when I wake up, to check the time and notice that it is actually very close to the time that I should be leaving for work (close to 10:30 for those wondering). I questioned why my alarm didn't go off, but got out of bed regardless. So I got up and got myself dressed and ready to leave but by the time I got upstairs, I realized something was wrong: The Sun is still out. That's when I realized that it wasn't my alarm that was incorrect: It was me. I forgot to change the "A" to a "P" when looking at the clock. It seems dreaming about being late for work (a common occurrence, much like dreaming about failing an important test for school in the past) made me think I really was late for work in the real world.

So now...here I am, explaining the shenanigans of my morning to you guys. Hope you enjoyed that.))

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:35 am 

I had a dream at one point that was like The Breakfast Club but with ghosts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next