Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm 

Guess what guys! I'm in a video game! In my dream. Sort of. The first thing I remember was that I was with a group of people is a desert. We were walking around this kind of castle that was built into an old temple kind of thing. The inside was really nice, but you couldn't tell that based on how ancient it looked on the outside. We were being chased by a giant Scollipede. We were running around looking for an entrance while dodging different kinds of monsters. Eventually we found a way in and we began fighting the Scollipede with our BARE HANDS! Aaaand we got our asses handed to us. At this point we were waiting around in a room deciding whether we would head back and grind or retry the fight. After a few minutes, we decided to head back to grind. I pulled up a menu and then we disappeared.

Actually, we respawned in our base, which was apparently a mansion. I walked over to the shop, which was actually set up in a dinning room. It was operated by two maids, one of which was the shop keeper, while the other was a fortune teller. I walked over to the fortune teller and talked with her for a bit and the made some kind of reference to the mirror next to her and at that moment, the mirror turned into a screen with some kind of bearded man having a David-Hasseloff-on-the-floor moment. I'm guessing that was the guy who was ordering us around. I kind of came in at the end of the story I guess. I head back to the group when who should walk up but the Doctor as played by Matt Smith. Again. Jesus, man. Can I dream about someone else for once? Does it always have to be you? Anyway, he's pissed off and he says he's found where the guy giving us orders is. I don't think he was in our adventuring party earlier, but who cares? As it turns out, we're trapped, but the way out is through the mirror which I first saw Mr. Beard in. Our party and the Doctor jump in and we teleport to the parking lot of a restaurant. We run around a bit, passing the same restaurant twice and at some point I lose my shirt, we start getting chased by police, and we come to a beach and then show up in some sort of giant crater.

At this point, my viewpoint changes to some kind of top-down view and everyone has cute little overworld sprites. I lead the party in wandering around the crater until we come upon a house and inside is a Team Rocket Grunt. He talks to me for a bit and then I wake up because my cat had somehow gotten into my room and was meowing very loudly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:17 am 

So my dream last night involved Assassin's Creed. A series which I've never played and have expressed little interest in outside of the third game, and that's based on setting alone. So anyway, here's the gist of it:

My dream starts with me and some other people in front of this stone door. We're in a dark cave but I can tell that the door isn't very tall. It's a little bit taller than I am, but I'm taller in this dream than I am in real life. The door suddenly opens and brings light into the room. The first thing I notice is that I'm dressed in an assassin uniform. I think it resembled the one that Connor wears in his game. When everything comes into focus, I can see that on the other side of the door is a courtyard surrounding what I think is a small fort. It appears to be on a tropical island and is near the ocean. The appears to be about twenty colonial era British soldiers throughout the courtyard. Most of them are marching in step around it. There's also a single tree just slightly off center. Not a palm tree, but a rather skinny tree you see around towns to make people think that they're helping the environment by leaving planting them along roads.

The angle I'm viewing it front is strange. I appear to be looking down on it from above and then it hits me that the door isn't connected to anything on the other side. It's just hanging in midair. I then notice the three people next to me. The two on my left appear to be scientists. One is in a blue shirt with white lab coat on top and is wearing glasses. The man behind him is wearing more casual attire. I remember he was wearing a red shirt and an orange jacket. The girl on my right is wearing an outfit similar to mine. She has a focused look on her face and never looks away from the door.

The man in the lab coat mentions something about time travel and that there are more of these doors in this cave. He then tells me to jump in and in I go.

It is only then that I realize just how high up the door was and instantly regret jumping in except that I land on the roof unharmed because I'm a !#%$ ninja. Except apparently I'm not because as soon as I land, I'm spotted by some of the soldiers. Thankfully they shoot at me first. I say thankfully because they're using those old muskets that can't aim worth !#%$ and take forever to reload. When all of them have fired, I jump down and begin running around and then I realize that I have no idea what I'm doing. Thankfully as soon as I run under the tree, the girl from before lands in said tree and has a bow loaded with an arrow out within a second of having landed and is taking out soldiers one after the other.

THEN SOMEONE USED A !#%$ BLENDER IN THE KITCHEN AT SIX IN THE GODDAMN MORNING.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 am 

On the bright side, at least the Doctor wasnt in it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35 pm 

Roger spray painted his name all over my house in my dream last night. Then he replaced my cat with an identical one that ripped up all of our sofa cushions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm 

That sounds like something he'd do

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm 

Raxy wrote:
funny thing is in 7th Grade my entire class was accused of doing graffiti on the back of the school during a dance they held. Even the kids who they knew weren't there, including myself, got in trouble.
Btw SPM, did I actually appear in the dream at all? admittely I would spray. someones' house if I could not get caught >.>

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm 

FSLAR wrote:
Raxy wrote:
funny thing is in 7th Grade my entire class was accused of doing graffiti on the back of the school during a dance they held. Even the kids who they knew weren't there, including myself, got in trouble.
Btw SPM, did I actually appear in the dream at all? admittely I would spray. someones' house if I could not get caught >.>

Yeah. I caught you while you were spraying something on the wall. Some other guy was with you who looked like you, but a little shorter, so I guess you had a brother in this dream. Even though I have no idea what you actually look like.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 pm 

Spoiler: click to show
I was getting real close to this one girl who was a spaghetti dropper like me. I don't even remember what she looked like, though. Somehow we managed to !#%$, but I woke up right before I came...
And there was spaghetti all over the bed.

Last edited by Raxy on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:37 pm 

Image Long video game sessions with friends before sleep leads to odd things...

I dreamt our avatars were all in an Awesomenauts-esque styled game. Don't remember it fully, but if you've played the game, I think you can fill in the blanks yourself, me thinks.

Carbon copy thread time?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image Long video game sessions with friends before sleep leads to odd things...

I dreamt our avatars were all in an Awesomenauts-esque styled game. Don't remember it fully, but if you've played the game, I think you can fill in the blanks yourself, me thinks.

Carbon copy thread time?

Oh god, that sounds amazing.

And a carbon copy would certainly be something, considering all the characters are !#%$ bonkers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Carbon copy thread time?

Go for it.

Be a man Cat Holgan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 am 

Image Oh I wouldn't even know where to begin for a carbon copy. Luigi made the best point: They're freaking insane character designs.

We can be interesting, but it'd be really difficult to fit those niches.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am 

So my dream last night had me teamed up with the Sonic Archies comic's Sally Acorn and jer brother along with three members of the Chaotix Detective Agency, but I only remember Charmy and Vector. The first thing I remember is that we were going to climb a pyramid that was sticking out of the side of a mountain. Immediately after we walked up to it, an avalanche started. Sally then checked the strategy guide for the mountain and said that we should split up and dodge rocks on our way up.

We split up into two groups to decrease the chance of all of us dying, I guess. We arrived at the same time and I opened the automatic doors. (Did you know egyptian pyramids came with automatic doors?) Of course we walked in, because who wouldn't refuse such a warm welcome? The inside is a pretty normal house. It had a kitchen and dining room and everything. We walk into the kitchen and out comes this white guy pretending to be a pharaoh. But apparently he can do magic because the first thing he does is break a wine glass and all of the shards go into my right eye. The he challenges everyone else to a game of chess and I forget what happens from there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image Oh I wouldn't even know where to begin for a carbon copy. Luigi made the best point: They're freaking insane character designs.

We can be interesting, but it'd be really difficult to fit those niches.

Maybe instead we could figure out how our avatars would play as awesomenauts character or something?

Super Penguin M wrote:
We split up into two groups to decrease the chance of all of us dying, I guess. We arrived at the same time and I opened the automatic doors. (Did you know egyptian pyramids came with automatic doors?) Of course we walked in, because who wouldn't refuse such a warm welcome? The inside is a pretty normal house. It had a kitchen and dining room and everything. We walk into the kitchen and out comes this white guy pretending to be a pharaoh. But apparently he can do magic because the first thing he does is break a wine glass and all of the shards go into my right eye. The he challenges everyone else to a game of chess and I forget what happens from there.

Oh hey its Nyarlathotep

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:44 am 

Image Should probably stop having so much junk before sleep. My dreams are getting odder.

For last night's, for example, I was living my own average life when all heck decided to break loose. Monsters and whatnot everywhere (though they looked kinda cartoonish and not all that frightening). All I had to arm myself was this large, talking, novelty toothbrush as a weapon. It seemed to be doing quite a number against these creatures (I guess they're supposed to be germs) but the toothbrush tells me that it isn't at full capacity yet and I have to travel across distant worlds and fix its bristles up so we can defeat the master (probably something corny like Gingivitis or something).

What it evolved into was a standard action-adventure fare not unlike the Legend of Zelda (with the plot twist being that I was helping the villain all along and that this toothbrush was the weapon that sealed Gingivitis in the first place, and being incomplete was what kept him sealed).

...I outta keep a note of this. This could make for a decent parody game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next