Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dream Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:29 pm 

So I had a two-for-one! dream last night. Two different genres of dreams, but I don't remember what order they came in, so let's just start with the less interesting one. So basically, all electronic devices in the town go out except for a DVD player and TV in an electronics store and everyone goes to that store to watch movies there.

My other dream had me become a member of a support team for a group of heroes not unlike the Power Rangers. Except instead of those fancy watches, these guys transform by putting an octopus on their heads. Their job is to stop the evil flying lemon squid from doing.... something. After a few missions including chasing the squid up a tower in their watermelon painted blimp (that's the only one I remember), I and a few other support team members get sent into the next mission with the Power Rangers to terrorize a town of ginger bread people.

I don't even !#%$ know, man.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:32 pm 

ok seriously

what the !#%$ are you smoking and where can i get that !#%$

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:05 pm 

You? As a power ranger?

Spoiler: click to show

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:43 am 

I had a dream last night where I was driving a car and kept going too fast and couldn't stop in time for stop lights so I would just be like WHOOPS! and keep driving and repeating that, and then there were people in a parking lot making juice out of vegetables and having a mushroom festival and they made me eat some of them (I don't like mushrooms :( :( ), and then there was this dude who was kinda like Stalin, but he was southern, and he was capturing people's families and said if they didn't sing his country music then he was going to execute their families, but luckily I was able to escape out a window on the 50th floor as the assassin chased me, but I outsmarted him by flinging myself back through the next window over and threw a desk chair at him and I watched as he fell to his death into the tomb, and celebrated at the outdoor festival but that was short lived because there were clowns there and I hate clowns so I woke up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 am 

i had a dream where i had a boner

but

i was awake the whole time!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:04 pm 

So my dream last night involved me driving a van around with a bunch of friends at night. One of my friends was or was cosplaying as Maka Albarn from Soul Eater. The part I remember was when we drove up in front of the grocery store near my house. At some point we went into the store. The front was black and orange for Halloween. I don't remember much else.

So yeah. Not as fun as my last dream.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 am 

I had a dream where my brother was torturing me by erasing people from existence

and then I think it got worse from there but i closed my eyes so i wouldnt see it

something about an apple game or something

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:27 am 

So as some of you may know, my karate program is part of a system with different instructors and styles at different campuses, so my brain thought "What if they were all in one building? So basically this dream took place in small rooms, all of which were connected by a single stairwell. I'm not sure how high I was, just that my class (which I was teaching) was third from the top. Oh yeah. There was a scale volcano on the top floor. That class was practicing on and around it. I began bantering with the instructor on that level and then went back to mine. Then one of his students came down and began teaching ballet. So yeah.

My second dream had me in some kind of building full of computer servers. I was with some friends and we were looking for something that was hidden in the building. We soon realized that the building was being taken over by some mass hypnosis that had the workers being obsessed with their parents and that somehow put them in a zombie-like state. Shortly after we found out about that we ran into River Song (yes from Doctor Who, again). She was looking for the same thing we were, but she knew things about it that we didn't and vice versa. She also had a card key we would need to get to it.

Cue running scenes, finding the villain (he was pretty generic. Not memorable at all.) And we get to a door in a hallway where servers are built into the walls. River slides the card key into the hidden slot and the door doesn't open. She tries it again and then I try some keys I found along the way, but none work. Soon the workers catch up to us and we split up. I found a library and I find everyone's parents who are also in the zombie state of mind. I yell something like "Kill your parents!" At them for a minute and they start to walk out of the room. I realize that they're going to actually do it and I tell them to stop and command the to have a good cry. I walked out of the library and ran into one of my friends and we go to find everyone else.

Then I woke and realized my first class started in twenty minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 pm 

So I had a dream last night that started off with me and my family, grandparents included, in a single car. We pulled up to this really nice looking house, like a mini mansion, basically. It was never explained to me if we moved here or if it was a vacation house or whatever. Me and my sister each got our own room. I went up to my room, and it consisted of a couch in front of a big plasma screen television glued to the wall. And then there was my bed around the corner.

After a few minutes my dad walked in and handed me a box. I opened it up, and it contained a PC version of Halo 4. I asked him how he got this, but he just walked out of the room without saying a word. Now here's the thing. Halo 4 hasn't been released yet, and even if it was, it'd be exclusive for the Xbox 360. So my dad basically just gave me the most illogical present ever.

I don't remember much else. Just my family in a new house and me getting an Xbox exclusive game on the PC.

...Come to think of it, I don't remember having a computer in my new room.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:32 pm 

So yesterday I had another Doctor Who dream (it's time to admit that I had a problem) which had me traveling with the third Doctor. We landed in ancient China where the emperor (Did China have an emperor?). Either way it was some kind of kingdom. It was being threatened by some kind of dragon owned by the Huns. There was a "Make a man out of you" montage and then we evacuated the castle just as the dragon leveled it. Then I beat the crap out of Attila the Hun with a frying pan. Good times.

So last night was certainly much different. It involved the WWE. Basically there was a group of wrestlers that decided that there was too much in-fighting between them and decided to invite Oprah to have a public group counseling session in the ring. Skipping the boring parts, Oprah ends up siding with the guy who started the in-fighting and the hits everyone who isn't on his side with a chair.

I need to commission someone to draw that last one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 pm 

It's been long enough, so I'm double posting.

First off, I had this one the night after I posted my last post. I was in a Doctor Who crossover with Thomas the Tank Engine. The Doctor goes to the Island of Sodor to fight the Diesel Engines or whoever the villains in the show are now. I think it's their own stupidity. I haven't watched the show in ages. Alec Baldwin was still narrating when I last watched it.

My second one, which came the night after the last one, was a bit different. This time I wasn't myself, but rather an already established character. I was one of the Tachikomas in the Ghost in the Shell anime series. I remember Major Kusanagi and a few of the secondary characters (whose names escape me) were breaking into some kind of building, which I assume was underground because we kept going down stairs (Well, they did. I walked on the walls. Losers.). I don't remember much other than that except that Batou wasn't there for some reason and he was on his way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:28 pm 

Remember that one dream where I went on a cross country tour of !#%$ and moaning at you in person and the more ridiculous sequel to that dream?
This time, I didn't have my brother's car, I mentioned the fact that I knew I was a terrible individual and that it was the last time you would ever hear from me. And then I !#%$ off to some dark corner that none of you would ever find, never to disturb you with my unsavoriness ever again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 am 

So I had two dreams this past week that I distinctly remember.

The first one involved me going to some kind of reunion with everyone from my high school. A six month reunion. In the middle of the day. In an carnival. So anyway, pretty much all of my friends from high school are there. I meet some and then I went to the bathroom. I don't know why. I didn't need to go. The restrooms have a ridiculous number of urinals. One of them was also a sink. When I leave I come across Key Burrito (once again from thePFFTeam series I used to do). We talk for a bit and we meet this girl who I don't personally know, but I'm pretty sure she was an antagonist from a video game I played this one time. Who really cares? She invites us into the maze she set up and because we're stupid idiots, we go inside. That's all I remember from the first dream.

The second one was even more boring than the first. It basically involved this thing where you had to play YuGiOh to go up this tower and then on the third or fourth floor it switched to the Pokemon TCG, but everyone got stuck there because no one knows how to play the Pokemon card game. I don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 am 

Pokemon TCG is Magic for babbies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 am 

On the last episode of Falcon6 Dream Puppet Theater:

Locked in a golden tower (well, a yellow tower. Think Prospit) in a purple void there are four people that look like characters from a medieval fantasy. They still have their weapons (and just realized they had them), including a large war hammer (Like Ramona's from Scott Pilgrim but with a design that looks more like Thor) to break out with. They are discussing which wall to break. The tower is occupied by things that look like ghosts of people who are either living or dead, but are not actually ghosts at all. They are scheming or in some sort of battle against someone but it is unknown who or what. They do not accept the fact that they are not ghosts. Outside the cell is a ghost who is sweeping, I believe he was called a 'reagent' but looking up the definition he might not have been.

And then a few nights ago, I had a dream where I was growing out of my own back. It started with me looking in a mirror. I was thinner, almost insanely so, with a pair of extra arms that dangled lifelessly. I got in the shower to find that I was looking at the back of my head, it appeared I was splitting from myself. The other head appeared to be unresponsive, so I tried angling it so I could look in my eyes, for the novelty of saying that I did. Then the dream ended.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next