Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 am 
Site Admin

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Horus was running around in a circle, holding his hands over his head while he screamed loudly.

He tripped onto a table full of paints, causing a large glob of desert-looking white paint to slap onto a good amount of the globe.

He kept running around accidentally tripping again and falling to the ground, dropping his dice into a roll.

Rolled a 36, so that's a 46 with the bonus

He seemed alright.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:29 am 

Create a Tree of Death on the opposite end of Darius from the Tree of Life.

ROLLED 87 + 10 = 97

almost got critical death there

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:43 pm 

Well, at least the tree was spared.

Thank you...again...Bastet...

I proceed to move a few steps away from Bastet and Gene, as he makes me uncomfortable as well. Plus, I think he called me something... Can't tell what, since I've got the censor on, but I'm sure I don't like it.

Anyway, since the tree is safe now, it is time for me to create my first race...

Elby wrote:
The action is to vomit into the Eye of Cogus as it's centered over that big fancy tree, mutating it into an enormous, vile thing, so enormous that it'd be considered a landscape, something befitting of the Fellbird. I think this counts as terraforming, so that'd bring the roll up to 89, if you're willing to count it.

On second thought, I am going to require all of my energy for this next move.

I conjure a single slab of Earth to shoot forth from the forest and knock Cogus away from the Tree of Life, sparing it this fate.

Rolled a 28, so that's 38 with the bonus.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:31 am 

Gene didn't even bat an eyebrow at the whole 'vomit into the tree' thing that just occurred. Stranger things happened with greater frequency around him usually. Besides, he was too busy pondering his next move. He hadn't planned on getting this far, you see. Being left relatively alone was quite the pleasant experience, unlike the usual fare one goes through with the god game.

Seeing as how terraforming was currently boosted, Gene saw it fit to take a break from his task and try his hand at a rather...interesting change. With a nod he scooped up his die, griping it tightly. "I roll to create a forest made of water. The grass, the trees - all such things will be liquid. Creatures will find they are able to walk on the 'grass' and the trees will keep their shape. It will be a wonder of this world." Letting go of his dice Gene rolled an 87, nodding once again. "This will be interesting."

((OOC: Gene rolls to create a forest made of water. The grass can be walked upon and while your hand can push through the trees, they can keep their shape. He hopes it will become one of the great marvels of Darius.
Roll: 87 plus possible terraforming bonus of 10 for 97.))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:05 pm 

Because there was a lot of unclarity on the bonus, I'm going to give everyone a bonus and then if I do bonuses again, I might do it differently.
McKnackus I wrote:
For the mountain circle he rolled a 17. For the spinning of Darius on the mountain axis he rolled a 34. -10 for each for dual rolling, +10 for each for terraforming bonus. 17 and 34 respectively.

Using the strange new energies to aid him, he feels he might have made a mistake. He tried to expanded his mountain range but ended up creating a single dark mountain covered in formless beasts.

He then tries to spin the world but ends up only leaving a hand print, causing earthquakes across the world.
Elby wrote:
Rolled a 79.

The action is to vomit into the Eye of Cogus as it's centered over that big fancy tree, mutating it into an enormous, vile thing, so enormous that it'd be considered a landscape, something befitting of the Fellbird. I think this counts as terraforming, so that'd bring the roll up to 89, if you're willing to count it.

His power corrupts the tree and causes it to grow in width. It's fruit now lose their life giving abilities and become incredibly poisonous. Many creatures of the woods are swallowed by the Shadow of Cogus
Mecha wrote:
i roll to make a new forest surrounding a grassy meadow somewhere else on the planet.

i rolled a 92, so its a 100 or whatever

A vast new forest and meadow are created and within them is a cave of dark stone full of formless creatures. Seeing this, the cave's entrance quickly collapses on itself trapping them in.
Falcon6 wrote:
He tripped onto a table full of paints, causing a large glob of desert-looking white paint to slap onto a good amount of the globe.

Rolled a 36, so that's a 46 with the bonus

A desert of white sand is born, in some areas the sands have a water-like consistency. Almost like the desert is still drying. Lost in the desert, a pyramid made of dark stone can be found.
Bacon Supreme wrote:
Create a Tree of Death on the opposite end of Darius from the Tree of Life.

ROLLED 87 + 10 = 97

A large Tree of Death grows opposite of the corrupted Tree of Life. It's lifeless nature scars the earth around it creating a desert where life cannot grow. It kills off a small strip of the forest next to it. It, all told, is not much different from the current Tree of Life.
Pikmanipulator wrote:
I conjure a single slab of Earth to shoot forth from the forest and knock Cogus away from the Tree of Life, sparing it this fate.

Rolled a 28, so that's 38 with the bonus.

Zerato sends the slab flying but misses the main body and instead hits the Eye of Cogus. It cracks a mirror on it and shard of the mirror fall to the planet below.
Voice wrote:
((OOC: Gene rolls to create a forest made of water. The grass can be walked upon and while your hand can push through the trees, they can keep their shape. He hopes it will become one of the great marvels of Darius.

Roll: 87 plus possible terraforming bonus of 10 for 97.))

A forest made of water sprouts up and among the water trees is one made of swamp. Gene quickly realizes that's not supposed to be there and throws it into the bog.

EVENT: Because of the lacking food supply, the Fellbird, and the Shadow of Cogus, the Zooth go exinct.
EVENT: The earthquakes cause all bodies of water to expand. The influx strange energies cause the forests to grow.
NOTICE: The strange energies slowly subside and the world returns to normal. The terraforming bonus is gone.

Dairus:
Spoiler: click to show

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:17 pm 

creatures

rivers lakes whatever else

ecosystem

expansion

((OOC: turns into 42, 52, 32, 24 respectfully))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:54 pm 

Create a self-sustaining ecosystem of predators in a food-chain-circle in the Desert of Death.

ROLLED 73

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:07 am 

Huey.

I hate you.

I am going to go somewhere else now.

Well, seeing that Horus's flood now covers all but the Steppes of this region... I think I shall create some fishing eagles to live there instead of the desert owls I had originally planned for.

Um.

This move was originally going to be much bigger, but as they say about the best-laid plans... Maybe I'll just add some aquatic plant life to the canyon waters.

Rolled an 8 for the eagles and a 20 for the plant life, so I guess that's 0 and 10 respectively. I am so seriously unlucky with this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 am 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
Rolled an 8 for the eagles and a 20 for the plant life, so I guess that's 0 and 10 respectively. I am so seriously unlucky with this.

((OOC: It'll just be 1 as you can't go lower than that.))

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:17 pm 

Leonardo threw his desk down in anger.

"FINE! I guess this world doesn't WANT me to do anything to it. This is getting me nowhere, I QUIT!"

Leo stormed off but stopped.

"But before I go." He pulled out a pair of dice. "I want to make sure everyone remembers me. I want the core of Darius to be made of solid gold, which will forever be called 'The Gold of Housingfletcher.'"

He threw the dice.

Rolled a 37.

"Figures."

He stomps away in a huff, presumably never to be seen again.

((OOC: week break 2 commence.))

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:29 pm 

Gene looked between his comrades/competition and sighed loudly, placing his face into the palm of his hand. "Pass for the turn," he mumbled quietly as he drummed his fingers along his table.

((OOC: Gene rests for the turn))

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:19 am 

I tap my foot, impatiently awaiting the continuation of this world's development. Even if nothing is going my way, I will see this through, for that is my ninja way holy doctrine.

In short, let's get this ball rolling again!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:25 am 

((OOC: Elby needs to post.))

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:26 pm 

((OOC: FALCON ALSO NEEDS TO POST, GEEZE, TRYING TO PUT ALL THE BLAME ON ME, I SEE HOW IT IS))

Huey looked over the world, seeming unsure of himself at this juncture. Things were still going about as well as he could ask for, and now that feline fatale seemed to be a... non-issue. That should make him happy, by all rights, but for reasons he couldn't quite place, Huey felt only disappointment. Despite all his gut instincts, there was something about the way she did things... After all, she had summoned that beautiful creature, the Fellbird, which is hardly something he could argue with. Even the Zooth, for as long as they survived, despite a particularly nasty feeling in the back of Huey's throat, had a kind of ferocity to them that !#%$ could respect. Yet now, she seemed as lifeless as that head she paraded around.

Huey shook his head, trying to focus elsewhere. He wasn't sure how that woman managed to infest his thoughts so thoroughly, but he refused to let himself become obsessed with her. There were more pressing matters to attend to.

As he looked Darius over once more, Huey definitely noticed something. There was still a lack of living things, which more pressingly, made it clear that there was a lack of intelligent living things. The Zooth may have had a chance to reach that point, but the furry things wised up, and they reached the same problem that the Gurts have, in that no other gods were bothering to make things that could become part of any food chain either way. Huey was certainly happy with the Gurts, but... not quite happy enough.

As his thoughts slowly began to form together, !#%$ turned towards the so-called "Tree of Life" that he had given attention to prior. It would make a great habitat, he thought, but it would definitely require something strong, but even more than that, something intelligent enough to live there and not fall prey to the very land around them.

Yes, yes... it would do nicely.

Upon the bleak, brown branches of this corrupted tree, !#%$ would bring forth new life. Three spindly legs with sticky feet to crawl all around, with pale, brown fur to blend in with the dead leaves around them, and above all, these creatures would be blessed in their large heads with but a single eye, each of them an Eye as of the one of Cogus, disco ball-like in nature, letting no danger go unseen in this cruel environment. Arguably even more importantly, though, Huey would gift these creatures with the knowledge of how to extract the toxins from the fruit of this corrupted tree, so that they may feast upon the fruit without incident, and perhaps at some point even use the poison in weapons or traps should they reach that level of intellect.

The actions are that a new, brown, three-legged, climbing creature with eyes like that of the Eye of Cogus shall arise in the Tree of Life's corrupted branches, and they'd be given the knowledge of how to extract the poisons from that tree's fruits. Rolled a 10 and a 6, lowered to... snake eyes.

!#%$

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

((OOC: Hey, you shut up. Both of you, I have been through a LOT OF !#%$ THIS PAST WEEK MAAAAAAAAAAN))

Horus looked towards the world after his little moment of pure terror to see the new sandy area left by his paint.

"Sniff...well...I guess maybe I could try here for a bit...while the canyon gets a bit of time for the fish to grow."

He walked over, then decided the sands should be his little petri dish. He rose his hand up into the air and decided, well, !#%$ it...make the desert full of various creatures of different shapes and sizes.

Rolled a 79

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next