Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:39 am 

((OOC: For the sake of simplicity, commands in my posts will be underlined among the character dialogue.))

Suddenly, a door burst from the floor of the otherworldly realm and was swiftly kicked open. A young boy stormed in. He was wearing neat slacks with a rugged collared shirt and a red-striped tie and had a bubble pipe in his mouth. Despite his seemingly rushed and busy walk he seemed well focused on wherever he was going, He shot a glance at each of the gods as he walked, taking note of each and making fast judgements. He then turned to his butler.

"Well isn't this a fine mess. We've got a world to build and everyone's just having a grand old time messing it up in their own special way. Why don't we just get a bunch of nerds from the internet to do it? That would be easier and cheaper!"

The butler presented the seat to his master.

"Ahh good, a hard wooden fold-up chair with no resemblence of comfort, just what I need."

Leonardo walked up to the chair and turned around, looking directly in front of him.

"Alright, let's see what madness has already transpired on this chunk of dirt."

The butler's eyes lit up and a hologram of Darius was projected in front of him.

Raxy wrote:
Spoiler: click to show

"This place looks like my grandma's shriveled up moles, and she's been dead for 20 years."

He began pacing.

"Any planet worth it's salt needs a mountain range. A mountain range with snow on top that can melt and make rivers that flow down it. Let's put it on the northeastern edge, so it's far away from the disasters these other jokers put up."

The butler held out his hand and a 100 sided dice came out of his hand. Leonardo took it and stood on top of his chair.

"NO WHAMMIES, JACKMATS!"

Rolled a 55.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm 

Bastet leaned her head over Gene's shoulder, her disgusting hair cascading down the front of his shirt. "That...uh. Was a good roll, mister." She cast her eyes down in his lap, and smiled lightly, muttering something about other things and among them and somesuch nonsense. She quickly looked around the map, taking note of all the current rolls, before gathering up her own die.

"I think...I will move to make my creatures now. I need to...to start small, though. Humanoids will...take time." She looked over at Jeff's head, which was now dangling in front of Gene's face. "What's that Jeff? You wish to fill the forest with fruits and small wildlife? You need to roll for it...of course." Jeff's mouth slowly opened, and a torrent of glittery pink sprayed Gene right in the face. "Aww, Jeff likes you." Immediately after the stream ended, a die landed on the ground, a solid 96 showing.

Bastet nodded, rubbing his ears."Good...yes. This set up will be...good." She held her own die in her hand, looking down at the field. "I'm...feeling like....kittens. Cute kittens. The cutest kittens. They will be so cute, that no one will notice their razor sharp claws and deadly teeth that they use to REND THEIR FOES AFTER LURING THEM IN WITH BEING CUTE!" Bastet threw her dice down in a fit of rage, shaking the board as they tumbled to a stop, landing on a solid 100.

Somewhere, faintly, you could hear a soft sobbing sound.

((OOC: !#%$ are you even kidding me with these rolls im going to have to start throwing more dice because this !#%$ is bananas

b-a-n-a-n-a-s

forest critters and fruits with 96
kittens from hell with !#%$

ludacris))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 pm 

Gene stopped, rubbing his tongue against the front of his teeth as plucked a pinch of glitter off his face. He examined it idly before flicking it off to the side, immediately sticking his cigarette in the other hand back into his mouth. Inhaling deeply he let out a big cloud of smoke in Jeff's face, holding his cig above the decapitated head as he tapped some ash onto it. "That accounts for the janitor," he grumbled, putting his cigarette back roughly into his mouth as he glanced at the hair still clinging to his shoulder. "And the smell," Gene added as he grumpily shoved the mess off him. A disgusted look struck his face for a second as he looked at his hand, rubbing his fingers against his palm as he felt the grease that so quickly transferred to it. "Hrrmmm..."

Well, it was time to roll for something. Gene felt hesitant to do so, as his luck would no doubt even out now and his next roll would be under forty. This was what he expected to happen at least, but it was always best to build like you'd roll a hundred. Reaching across the table for his die he hefted it up, scooting his chair away from Bastet as he spoke. "I require a forest of my own in the southwest, near the winds. The trees bear a healthy fruit and keep a climbable height. Light shines through clearly." Dropping his dice onto the table, the light on it flashed a 59, causing Gene to shrug. "That could have gone better. Make somethin' happen, lady."

Glancing up at Bastet Gene frowned, pointing at his dice with his thumb. "Normal roll. Nothin' to see here, O' God of Dice. Mind giving me some breathing room now?"

((OOC: Creation: A forest near the winds that grow healthy fruit. The trees don't grow too high and light shines through to the forest easily.
Roll: 59))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:09 pm 

Bacon Supreme wrote:
i clearly require a volcano

ROLLED 6

A volcano arises near the forest with the void heart. Your power fails to contain its strength and it erupts soon catching part of the forest on fire. The lava flows down the mountain toward the forest and if its not stopped both the forest and the Tree of Life might burn up.

Elby wrote:
Rolled a 51.

The action is to make a plant that thrives off the new bacteria of the bog, a plant that attracts the Gurts and mutates and/or strengthens them (as well as serve as an aphrodisiac).

Dark green leaves with purple flowers on them dotted the bog. They were very similar to lily pads. The Gurts ate the flowers because of the toxins they were coated in. The remaining ones began rapidly reproducing with one parent eating the other after intercourse. The mothers that survive birth large amounts of Gurts that have stronger bone structure and have a better immunity to sickness. However these Gurts don't grow as big so they can consist off of toxin without resorting to cannibalism.

Pikmanipulator wrote:
For my next move, I create a series of plateaus to the northeast of Falcon's canyon. They will be tall cliffs, varying in height, with completely flat tops. I suppose I could call them "the steppes". There shall be spaces between some, but not all, where dry ground meanders below, connecting to the ground level of Falcon's canyon.

Rolled a 77

The Steppes raise high above the land. In the center of them, one plateau towers way above the rest, becoming the highest point in the land.

Falcon6 wrote:
He rose his hand and rolled. Give hiiiiiiiim...a river ecosystem!

Rolled a 54

Horus dropped a handful of wildlife into the water. Despite its size, one would be surprised to find a variety of plants and fish that lived in the river.

McKnackus I wrote:

"Any planet worth it's salt needs a mountain range. A mountain range with snow on top that can melt and make rivers that flow down it. Let's put it on the northeastern edge, so it's far away from the disasters these other jokers put up."

Rolled a 55.

The snow covered mountains rise at the professor's word. However, no river flows from it.

Mecha wrote:
((OOC: forest critters and fruits with 96
kittens from hell with 100))

((OOC: Special Ruling: If you roll 100 when doing multiple actions, it takes no negative modifiers.))

Small furry creatures jump from tree to tree and survive off of the plentiful fruit. They seem to be slightly more intelligent than most basic lifeforms.

Four eyed kitten-like creatures with long prehensile tails found themselves among the new life. They are called Zooth. They had the ability to hide their claws and fangs so that they looked unassuming until it was too late. The creatures of the woods were herbivores and not familiar with being hunted so the Zooth always found they had a readily available supply of food.

Voice wrote:
((OOC: Creation: A forest near the winds that grow healthy fruit. The trees don't grow too high and light shines through to the forest easily.
Roll: 59))

The forest sprouts up near the winds with no problem. The decently sized trees grew colorful fruit but had nothing to eat them. However, when the fruit dropped and decayed, the seeds would find their way to the ground and over time the forest would expand.

EVENT: Due to the more stable ecosystem of the bog, the legged Gurts in the old plains are able to develop further and become a larger creature than they originally were, however the species also returns to cannibalism.

Darius:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm 

Leonardo took a step back and surveyed his newly made mountains.

"No rivers eh? Figures. Chance make a lazy worker. Too bad it makes an even worse boss. But, like they say, we have to roll with the punches."

The butler pushed a button on the table and an entire regal desk built itself around the chair, where Leonardo took his seat.

"If we're going to get cold then I want PERMAFROST. I say we freeze the mountains solid, so cold only the most rugged of creatures can survive. A land of ice and frost that is nigh impervious, and just so we can test drive this outdoor freezer, let's have wind blow down from this mountain towards that volcano."

He took the dice again and rolled a 46.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:23 pm 

Huey nodded, smiling. That went about as well as he could hope for, to be sure.

However, despite this satisfaction, some feelings stirred deep within !#%$. While he was happy with all that he had done, some part of him felt like... something was missing. He couldn't quite place it, but it was something specific. Some... wandering horrors? Maybe... as time went on, though, that image, that old image he had dismissed earlier, of the gear-moon, it kept coming back to mind, almost haunting him.

Huey was unsure what to make of these feelings, these thoughts, these visions, but he knew he wanted to be rid of them.

And so, as he focused all his thoughts and energy on this, slowly bringing to reality that which haunted his mind: the grey, circular form with its notched edges and hollow center, and in that center, most importantly of all, was the pupil, the eye, which had been staring, glaring at him in his mind, the bright, silver disco ball that was the Eye of Cogus.

This, however... this was no moon, no. Not only was that a role already filled, but that would require floating on high, watching idly from above. But !#%$ was not a god of idleness, no, he was a god of action, direct, unrelenting action. This form, this creation, floated not far above the surface of the planet at all; indeed, the disco ball in the center, the Eye of Cogus, would absorb the light from on high, from the wretched Plight, and cast it in a distorted form below, causing the ground below it to be covered in a thick, dark fog that was nigh impossible to see into from outside. And what happened inside, oh, what happened inside, this vile, corrupted light would cause the ground itself to take action, as !#%$ would: it would come alive, morphing itself, tormenting and oftentimes consuming any unfortunate souls that may rest atop it.

Perhaps worst of all, though, was that this was not a stationary, isolated incident. No, Cogus, as !#%$ was so keen to call it, was slowly, but constantly moving, constantly migrating over the surface of the planet, its ever-watchful eye scanning the globe for creatures to torment.

The action is to bring about Cogus, the giant gear-moon of old, with its disco ball pupil, to this new planet where it would hover at around cloud level, slowly moving around the surface of the planet, distorting the light of Plight, casting a dark fog on the ground below which would cause the ground below it to come alive and terrorize any creatures that lived there.

Rolled a 79.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:48 am 

EMERGENCY.

ABORT ALL OTHER ACTIONS.

SAVE THE TREEEEE!!!

I summon forth a wall of tall stones to form a semicircle around the forest with the Tree of Life, stopping the lava from touching it.

Rolled a 26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Horus smirked. "Hehe."

He then used a roll to foster the environment to allow the fish to grow and multiply. It must be perfect.

He also utilized another roll to increase the area of the rivers, having it naturally cut through the earth to increase waterfalls.

Rolled a 57 and a 14. So 47 for fish and 4 for river expansion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:35 pm 

Bastet simply smiled when she saw the lava, and felt Jeff's head spit his die out onto the ground, landing on an 84. "Jeff wants to create a vast canyon in front of the spreading lava, a canyon that travels deep into the ground...connecting to some...other tunnels." Bastet laughed softly, a sound that sent shivers up everyone's spine.

She was trying to flush Huey out.

Bastet then paused for a moment, digging around in the mass of hair until she found what she was looking for; a wooden carving of sorts. She giggled uncontrollably, hiding the carving from view of the other gods, as she whispered into her hands, and then dropped the carving onto the board. The carving dropped directly into the void in the center of her forest, passing through with no issue.

Her hands opened up as she dropped the die on the board, watching it tumble to a stop, on a 98. "Yes. Once again, this world shall be a host to the most powerful creature ever to have existed. Feathers as red as BLOOD, and a beak teeming with razor sharp teeth.. ALL will TREMBLE under the power of the FELLBIRD!"

oh

oh no

((OOC: 84 on lava stoppage and draining into Huey's lair
98 on insanity

which comes to 74 and 88, respectfully))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:05 am 

"Oh, now I remember why I hate this game," Gene grumbled as Bastet rolled for the Fellbird. No doubt he would have to be the one to deal with that thing while the other gods tried to hide their creations from it or give up. Next turn, probably. It wasn't even 'in the game' yet so...

Of course now that he thought about it, that Cogus thing was going to be quite the problem as well...

...Well at least that 'Tree of Life' thing was looking grea-oh wait that !#%$ got a low roll trying to save it. It would probably just spontaneously combust next turn.

Rubbing his temples with one hand he tapped on his die with the other, thinking for a moment as he tried to get past the fact that everyone was already trying to raze the mostly barren planet. Sighing, Gene picked up his dice, speaking clearly as he held it up high. "I want an avian race to appear in the forest I created in the southwest. They have three eyes and lush green feathers to blend in with the leaves. They shall eat the fruit of the forest and be known as sozans." Releasing his die from his clutches revealed a roll of 74. "Lady? Birds in my forest. 74. Make it so."

((OOC: Gene attempts to create a species of three eyed green birds in the southwest forest that live off the fruit trees. They will be known as sozans.
Roll: 74))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 pm 

I don't know what to do.

I pass.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:28 pm 

McKnackus I wrote:
"If we're going to get cold then I want PERMAFROST. I say we freeze the mountains solid, so cold only the most rugged of creatures can survive. A land of ice and frost that is nigh impervious, and just so we can test drive this outdoor freezer, let's have wind blow down from this mountain towards that volcano."

He took the dice again and rolled a 46.

With his cold breath Leonardo freezes the mountains, covering them in ice and snow. His breath lingers there creating harsh, cold winds around the mountain that he tries to direct to the volcano. However, the winds do not move from the mountains.

Elby wrote:
The action is to bring about Cogus, the giant gear-moon of old, with its disco ball pupil, to this new planet where it would hover at around cloud level, slowly moving around the surface of the planet, distorting the light of Plight, casting a dark fog on the ground below which would cause the ground below it to come alive and terrorize any creatures that lived there.

Rolled a 79.

It a bright flash of light Cogus tears through to reality from it's previous home. It floats at cloud level staying at one location and slowly roving over the surface of the planet. The once ethereal disco ball had entered the physical plane and reflected the light and infused it with ethereal energies. The light shined on the land below and created a place where the ethereal and real meet. Within the shadow of Cogus the land was covered in dark fog and the land would become alive and swallow the living. Any creatures swallowed by the land would be forever trapped in the shadow of Cogus.

Pikmanipulator wrote:
I summon forth a wall of tall stones to form a semicircle around the forest with the Tree of Life, stopping the lava from touching it.

Rolled a 26

You raise the planet's crust to form a wall but it is quickly swallowed by the lava.

Falcon6 wrote:
Horus smirked. "Hehe."

He then used a roll to foster the environment to allow the fish to grow and multiply. It must be perfect.

He also utilized another roll to increase the area of the rivers, having it naturally cut through the earth to increase waterfalls.

Rolled a 57 and a 14. So 47 for fish and 4 for river expansion.

The fish quickly fill up the stream with life.

Then, Horus increases the size of the stream into a full river. But from there he loses control of it and it floods the canyon. Aquatic life soon spreads to more parts of the canyon.

Mecha wrote:
((OOC: 84 on lava stoppage and draining into Huey's lair
98 on insanity

which comes to 74 and 88, respectfully))

All the lava drains into canyon and then floods the hell tunnels. This makes it easier for the magma fish to navigate the tunnels and eat rocks allowing for their population to grow.

A loud, uproarious caw is heard throughout the land and the Fellbird emerges from the void at the heart of the forest. Creatures of the forest soon become its prey caught by vines it controls with its nature magic. Even the Zooth cannot stand against the large and powerful bird-beast.

Voice wrote:
((OOC: Gene attempts to create a species of three eyed green birds in the southwest forest that live off the fruit trees. They will be known as sozans.
Roll: 74))

Relatively small birds called Sozans are plentiful in the southwest forest.

EVENT: Because of the Fellbird, the furry creatures of the forest and Zooth are reduced to smaller numbers. The remaining ones learn to avoid the beast. Meanwhile, the furry creatures, due to their intelligence, also learn to avoid the Zooth. The Zooth begin to die out with nothing to eat and the furry creatures begin to grow in numbers.
EVENT: Due to the environment and care its gotten The Tree of Life is able to grow safely becoming the tallest tree on Darius. It's fruit are said to have healing properties.
EVENT: When the ethereal plane connects with the physical world a sudden burst of strange energies temporarily permeates the land. All rolls that involve shaping the land or creating environments get +10 to the final roll for the next round. The final number cannot go higher than 100.

Darius:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 am 

"Well at least I got my mountains. And hey, thanks to that metal donut in the sky, I've got a coupon for terraforming. How could I refuse!?" He said quickly turning to his butler, who's cold expression refused to change.

"Excellent idea! I'm glad I thought of it."

Leonardo opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a compass. The Butler's chest opened up and a globe of Darius extended out on a robotic arm.

"I extend my frozen mountains into a circle at the far northeast edge of the world, leaving a massive valley in the middle, secluded and protected from the stupidity of the outside world."

Leonardo then stuck the pointy end at the very northeast end of the world, and spun it around, then, suddenly, he jammed the compass into the globe, and spun the world itself.

"And let's get things moving with my circle of mountains as the north pole! I guess that'd make the forest the south pole. Oh well, making sense was never my strong point. That's how you make it in this business!"

Leo took the compass out and threw it behind him, then a lever came out of his desk and he pulled it with gusto. A dual barrel shot gun popped out aimed at the ground and shot two dice point blank into the ground. They ricocheted off the floor and landed quietly.

For the mountain circle he rolled a 17. For the spinning of Darius on the mountain axis he rolled a 34. -10 for each for dual rolling, +10 for each for terraforming bonus. 17 and 34 respectively.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:24 pm 

Huey was... flustered. He was happy with what he had managed with Cogus, there was no doubt about that. But everything else going on... it really got him thinking. This Bastet woman... his gut feeling was to spew said guts at the very sight of her, but... this creature She had summoned, that beautiful, magnificent creature... It was beyond words. For some reason, Huey felt as though he should respect Horus for it, but what had he done? Made a ditch, poured some water in it, and that's about it. Bastet, though--She had brought this incredible specimen to this world, She had even helped out Huey's little lava fish guys. Hell, She even carried around a severed head! If that didn't make a classy person, then Huey didn't know what did. All the same, though, that sun, that wretched pink sun, it... it hurt Huey's eyes when he looked directly at it! That's not normal, right...?

Hm.

Huey shook his head, trying to clear his mind of these thoughts as he started to feel ill again. It could've been the sun, or Bastet herself--but more than anything, it was just from being so flustered. It didn't matter, he could worry about it later, he figured--what he knew now, what he knew for sure, was that this Fellbird creature was something to be respected, to be feared. To be loved. Huey also noticed that the ground seemed extra malleable at the moment--perhaps from Cogus literally making it come to life, or something.

With these things in mind, Huey looked around, trying to think on just what he should do next. That tree, huh... it was finally coming in nicely, wasn't it? It still had a long ways to go, though, to truly be a wonder, to be something on par with, say, the Fellbird.

For a moment, Huey stared, thinking.

Then, with a smile and a nod, !#%$ made his way over to Cogus, bumping it with his hip in the direction of the tree, then grabbing hold of it as it centered directly over the tree. Perhaps it was just his illness, but Huey remembered something--something that certainly helped with accelerating the size and grandness of things, something he felt he had tried in the past, but couldn't quite remember.

And thus, !#%$ puked into the Eye of Cogus.

With any luck, this concentration of energy would turn the tree below into something much larger, something much more awesome in scope. Something monstrous. Something vile.

But most of all, something befitting a home for the Fellbird.

Rolled a 79.

The action is to vomit into the Eye of Cogus as it's centered over that big fancy tree, mutating it into an enormous, vile thing, so enormous that it'd be considered a landscape, something befitting of the Fellbird. I think this counts as terraforming, so that'd bring the roll up to 89, if you're willing to count it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:14 pm 

i roll to make a new forest surrounding a grassy meadow somewhere else on the planet.

i rolled a 92, so its a 100 or whatever

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next