Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:41 pm 

Beimaihn should've heeded the words of his other voice. A simple plains isn't enough. How can it receive nourishment?

But that's when more started to chime in... "Water..." "Minerals..." They spoke in different tones, yet all in unison. All were collected within the one thought Beimaihn the Great. He is one, but he is also many. He stands alone, but speaks with a thousand voices.

He must find the perfect median to satisfy all of them...

"I commence," he bellowed, "a great river shall sprawl through the plains! Giving nourishment to the land!!"

But a simple river wasn't enough. All rivers must lead to a location. However, the ocean far off in the south-west wasn't going to cut it due to its raging waters. And the bog was completely out of the question.

"A lake, with the cleanest of waters, shall be the end point for a river as great as I! It shall lie to the northwest! Come forth, elements of water, and give nourishment to the land!!"

((OOC: River: 14]
Lake: 39
4 and 29 respectively))

He clenched his cane tightly and gazed on down, a ping of disappointment grew within him. Perhaps doing such a rash thing was too hasty, or so one of his voices suggested. Another felt perhaps a different course of action was needed, something smaller and more to your task.

He winced. The name he called his own may soon be forsaken...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:08 am 

Bacon Supreme wrote:
I create a natural satellite large enough to calm the masses of water on Darius.

ROLLED 56

A chunk of the planet rises into the air and is set in orbit around Darius. It appears to be fairly stable. The waters of the planet calm in response. This moon is called Aloc.

Mecha wrote:
((OOC: A pink sun, with a 94.
A forest with a black void in the middle, with a 96
Which means those rolls are 84 and 86, respectfully.))

In the distance the sun Plight forms, bathing the world in it's pink light. With the light, plants gain the nutrients to grow and thrive.

Back on Darius a forest sprouts, containing a void at the center. Anything that enters it does not return. The forest is full of small streams providing it with whats necessary for the beginning of life. However, all water originates from the void.

Pikmanipulator wrote:
I create a geyser in the ground beneath the sapling, strong enough to lift the sapling into the air, away from this insidious bog for a short time at least, while simultaneously providing it with fresh, clean water to live by.

Rolled a 14

A geyser of fresh water shoots into the air but soon it turns dark from the bog water filling the underground chasm where its water is stored. The toxic water continuously sprays the area making it even more deadly. The tree itself is uprooted by the geyser and lands somewhere in the bog.

Elby wrote:
Rolled a 83 for the Hell-hole in Horus' hill, and 51 for the amphibious, toxin-consuming bog-creatures, downed to 73 and 41 respectively.

On the top of the small, insignificant hill a hole is burrowed deep into the fiery depths. Life could not survive in its depths but the spirits of the dead would find themselves drawn there.

In the bog, dark tadpole like creatures were born. These are called Gurts. They are fairly small, though closer to the size of a frog, and live off the toxins. The toxins however only barely sustain them leading some to die. Soon they begin to feed on each other as an alternative food source.

Falcon6 wrote:
He took out a small slingshot and aimed randomly towards the globe. "Whereever it hits...make a canyon!" That would certainly get him a nice habitat for his birds. He shot towards Darius, squinting a little as he let the roll decide the fate.

Rolled a 76

A meteor smashes into the planet and creates a canyon.

The Great B-Man wrote:
((OOC: River: 14]
Lake: 39
4 and 29 respectively))

Beimaihn tries to draw water through his plains but the water comes from the poisonous bog. Life around the river dies and Gurts are introduced into the ecosystem.

At the end of the river a lake forms where the water is more deluded. Fewer Gurts are found here because it is less polluted.

EVENT: Bugs and lizards begin life in the forest.
EVENT: Due to conditions in the plains, the Gurts there begin to develop limbs and climb out of the river. However, they do not stray far from it since their food source, toxins and other Gurts, can be found there.

Darius:
Spoiler: click to show

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:07 am 

!#%$ smiled. He chuckled. He laughed; he burst out into a cackle. Not only was he the first to make life, but it was already spreading! Ah, this was almost too easy.

Huey eventually calmed down, knowing he couldn't get too !#%$. Being the first just means they have time to know what they're up against. Meanwhile, that blasted Blight of the sky burned away in the realm above. No, things were far from over, and putting all your eggs in one basket would be a mistake.

Turning back towards the Hell-hole he had created with Horus' most gracious help, Huey began digging out an underground cave system of sorts with small tunnels leading from the Hell-hole, causing magma to leak out and become a part of the ecosystem, but not over-dominating it. Most importantly, though, he would make the ceiling/roof of these caves be covered in a highly reflective mineral--this would in turn light up the caves from the magma's light, and reflect that wretched pink light back at the sky where the mineral breached the surface.

Huey nodded. Yes, that would do nicely. These caves though--they needed something to live in them, to enjoy this underground sanctuary he had made. All these places that were being made--it was certainly a solid place to start, but without creatures living in them, it just wasn't all that interesting to him--and !#%$ wasn't the most patient of gods, no. And so, he made another species--this time, a fish-like creature with very dark, rigid skin to protect it from the rivers of lava they swam through. They would eat rocks, leaving lava in their wake as their droppings, constantly extending the cave system, but also making it slightly more dangerous should any creatures not completely immune to lava move in. Their rocky fins would give them limited grip so as to be able to climb around the rocky walls around them, so not every tunnel they chewed out would be completely filled with lava.

Rolled a 76 for the cave system branching from the Hell-hole, and an 82 for the lava fish inside, downed to 66 and 72, respectively.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 am 

R.I.P., sapling of Zerato.

Well, I must look to the future while learning from the past. It seems I jumped the gun by trying to create life without creating a suitable environment for it first.

For my next move, I create an atmosphere for all of Darius. Oxygen, nitrogen, I command thee spread across this bare planet and become a shield from the harsh rays of Plight, and create wind where the different temperatures mix.

Rolled a 70

Finally.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:43 pm 

I infest the swamp with a complete ecosystem of bacteria for shiggles.

ROLLED 90

Note to self: shiggles is an extremely good reason to do something apparently

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Horus grinned. Everyone in the universe would want to protect that smile.

He took out a bowl of water and put a few drips onto the globe over the canyon. Theoretically, it would only be enough to make a mighty river that courses through the canyon, which he's now dubbing "Great Rocky Place". The river would be called the "Rapid Raver River", or the Double-R River for kind-of-short.

He rolled for the river to be mighty and plentiful.

Rolled 39

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:02 am 

Bastet had remained silent while all the other gods moved, watching them slowly work their powers on the barren face of the planet. Her eyes caught something interesting, watching Zerato simply abandon the dying sapling. "Oh. Oh no, this won't do at all." Bastet rolled up one of her sleeves, clearly showing off her arms. Her scarred arms, carved with a single name, over and over.

She reached through the map, her hand descending onto the world, and she simply plucked the sapling right out of the bog. She grimaced as the bog burned her hand, but she managed to hold onto it. "Here we go....you poor thing." She lifted the sapling up, and gently blew on it. At the same time, she dropped her dice on the ground, rolling a 92. "With my roll...I bless this sapling with health. You will grow to be the mightiest tree ever seen, and your roots will...burrow, deep into the earth. The tree of Life."

Bastet reached into the forest, making a nice clearing. She planted the tiny sapling, dripping with her power, in the middle of the clearing, and raised the earth slightly around it. She then terraformed the clearing, making plenty of grass and a lake. Finally, she decorated the clearing with a mass amount of flowers. She looked down at Jeff's head, watching the dice fall out of its mouth and roll across the ground, landing on a 97.

((OOC: Saving the tree, 92
Planting it, 97
totaling out to 82 and 87, respectfully

my rolls are still !#%$, fyi))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:16 am 

The large double doors leading into the grand room in which the gods worked were thrown open, drawing the attention of nobody. The gods were too busy with their craft, you see. Accompanied by cigarette smoke, a middle aged man with silver hair and a cold stare enters. He pauses, his eyes shifting from one side to the other as he quickly examines each of the gods. "This is the group I have to deal with now?" he mumbles quietly to himself, the smoke of his cigarette wafting up and down as he speaks, "a butler for a god lazier than I, a hopeless and luckless wreck, a vengeful coward, someone who loves their breakfast far too much, a manipulator, and..." He pauses again, his gaze stopping on Bastet. "Ehhgh..." And what was that smell he was picking up? Where in the world was that janitor?

Grabbing hold of his cigarette he moves forward, making his way to the center of the room as he exhales a puff of smoke. "Well don't everybody start without me." A large cylinder bursts out of the ground before he can find a spot of his own, a panel on its top humming brightly as it glows.
"Name?" it asks in a grating a mechanical voice.
"Gene the Ascended, God of Energy," the man replies wearily, lightly tapping his cigarette above the panel to drop some ash onto it.
"And of shirking his duties," the voice scolds. "You walked out quite early from the last game with nary a word. Further failure to complete your duties will have consequence."
"Doubtful." The panel on the cylinder slides back, revealing a die large enough to grip with an opened hand. No numbers are displayed, but rather blank screens cover each face. Gene takes hold of his die as the cylinder retracts into the ground, and with it steps over to a table where a hologram of Darius is displayed hovering above it.

"Mmm... Lot of low rolls and mishaps already. How are you supposed to measure the power of a god in a luck-based game like this?" Shaking his head Gene points to a spot in the southwest. "I want the weather here to be windy a majority of the time. A fine breeze capable of being harnessed, but incapable of causing destruction." With out so much as shaking his dice Gene rolls, the die landing on a side with the topmost screen revealing a PERFECT 100 WHAT?! "Really? Just throwing out all my luck on the first roll?"

Lifting up his die to the hologram Gene says (to nobody?), "hey, lady. 100. Winds. Let's get to it."

---

((OOC: GENE THE ASCENDED, GOD OF ENERGY (and arriving fashionably late apparently) HAS JOINED THE GAME!
Creation: Winds are to be created in the southwest that are strong enough to be used in the future, but not capable of wanton destruction.
Roll: 100))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:04 am 

Beimaihn collapsed. All his doing is just making matters worse. An important lesson is being learned here...and it is something the many voices warned him of before.

His desire to live to his moniker has blinded him. You do not achieve Greatness through selfish means. While the intentions were pure, they were all done for his own name to reach beyond any other deity. Instead, he has brought infamy upon himself.

He has decided; It is time to reflect upon this situation and only return when he truly feels ready to take on the responsibility of watching over the world...

((OOC: Skip this turn.))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:39 pm 

Elby wrote:
Rolled a 76 for the cave system branching from the Hell-hole, and an 82 for the lava fish inside, downed to 66 and 72, respectively.

Mirrored caves expand from the bottom of the hell hole, cracks form in the walls filling areas with lava. The light of the magma reflections off the mirrors light up the caves and the hole glows red.

Then the lava rivers were filled with fish that look like cooled magma. They would cling on to the walls of the cavern to eat the rocky walls and then excrete more lava. However, the fish can only breath through their lava gills so they would return back to their rivers after feeding.

Pikmanipulator wrote:
For my next move, I create an atmosphere for all of Darius. Oxygen, nitrogen, I command thee spread across this bare planet and become a shield from the harsh rays of Plight, and create wind where the different temperatures mix.

Rolled a 70

Zerato takes the breath of plant and creature, expanding them to cover the world. This gives the world weather and wind.

Bacon Supreme wrote:
I infest the swamp with a complete ecosystem of bacteria for shiggles.

ROLLED 90

The swamp is filled with both helpful and harmful bacteria. They sustain themselves well enough on their own. Because of this they quickly populate the swamp and soon flow down the river to the plains. Gurts begin to die from not having built up immunity to any of the new viruses introduced. The grass of the plains also begins to die because of the bacteria.

Falcon6 wrote:
He took out a bowl of water and put a few drips onto the globe over the canyon. Theoretically, it would only be enough to make a mighty river that courses through the canyon, which he's now dubbing "Great Rocky Place". The river would be called the "Rapid Raver River", or the Double-R River for kind-of-short.

He rolled for the river to be mighty and plentiful.

Rolled 39

The mighty river he intended to create was more of a stream, circling the meteor laying at the center of the canyon.

Mecha wrote:
((OOC: Saving the tree, 92
Planting it, 97
totaling out to 82 and 87, respectfully))

Bastet takes the dead tree and burns away the corruption from the Swamp with the light of her sun. Then she blew life into the tree with her divine breath. It was now restored to full health, ready to be planted again.

With her next move she arranged a clearing with flowers, a lake, and raised land where the tree would be planted. It was a very beautiful and healthy plot of land.

Voice wrote:
((OOC: GENE THE ASCENDED, GOD OF ENERGY (and arriving fashionably late apparently) HAS JOINED THE GAME!
Creation: Winds are to be created in the southwest that are strong enough to be used in the future, but not capable of wanton destruction.
Roll: 100))

Gene grabs the some of the wind that was recently created and pulls them into the southwest. With his power he pins them to that location, never to move unless by godly will and even then it would be a challenge for any god other than Gene, as the winds acknowledge their master. The winds constantly sing praises of him for all who approach them to hear.

EVENT: Due to the bacteria and bog, the plains soon die out.
EVENT: The Gurts become an endangered species as the cannibalism and viruses of the swamp wipe out most of their numbers.

Darius:
Spoiler: click to show

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:42 pm 

((OOC: bacteria aren't viruses you are literally breaking my heart right now))

i clearly require a volcano

let's make a volcano

somewhere

ROLLED 6

WHAT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 pm 

!#%$ tapped his foot, frowning. He loved to corrupt, to intimidate, to dominate! But that wasn't really fun when there wasn't really anything to corrupt, intimidate, or dominate. These other gods still weren't making any creatures. !#%$ was almost positive that they were just doing it to spite him at this point. You could argue that things really are still in the early stages, and it should be no surprise--but it bears repeating: !#%$ is anything but patient.

With that, Huey turned towards the Gurts. They were shriveling--weak, pathetic creatures that they were. It would be funny, if !#%$ had any strong, overpowering creatures around to credit it to, but no, they were a victim of nothing but their own incompetence.

Fine, then, Huey decided. If the other gods weren't happy with these environs, then so be it: !#%$ would take a stand, he'll overpower this world, show that this isn't the time to sit on your ass and make pretty flowers all day, no, this was a world to be populated, to be dominated. They will know.

With this in mind, Huey took his action: he made a plant, of sorts, that would thrive off this new bacteria along with the old toxins of the area, and they would attract the Gurts. And it would be more than a food source, no, far more than that. It would be an aphrodisiac. It would be a steroid. It would be a mutagen. As the Gurts fed on this plant, they would arise as something else. Something more.

Rolled a 51.

The action is to make a plant that thrives off the new bacteria of the bog, a plant that attracts the Gurts and mutates and/or strengthens them (as well as serve as an aphrodisiac).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:33 am 

Bacon Supreme wrote:
((OOC: bacteria aren't viruses you are literally breaking my heart right now))

Maybe I used the wrong word but there are harmful bacteria and you get the point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:48 pm 

Mecha wrote:
Bastet had remained silent while all the other gods moved, watching them slowly work their powers on the barren face of the planet. Her eyes caught something interesting, watching Zerato simply abandon the dying sapling. "Oh. Oh no, this won't do at all." Bastet rolled up one of her sleeves, clearly showing off her arms. Her scarred arms, carved with a single name, over and over.

She reached through the map, her hand descending onto the world, and she simply plucked the sapling right out of the bog. She grimaced as the bog burned her hand, but she managed to hold onto it. "Here we go....you poor thing." She lifted the sapling up, and gently blew on it. At the same time, she dropped her dice on the ground, rolling a 92. "With my roll...I bless this sapling with health. You will grow to be the mightiest tree ever seen, and your roots will...burrow, deep into the earth. The tree of Life."

Bastet reached into the forest, making a nice clearing. She planted the tiny sapling, dripping with her power, in the middle of the clearing, and raised the earth slightly around it. She then terraformed the clearing, making plenty of grass and a lake. Finally, she decorated the clearing with a mass amount of flowers. She looked down at Jeff's head, watching the dice fall out of its mouth and roll across the ground, landing on a 97.

Raxy wrote:
Bastet takes the dead tree and burns away the corruption from the Swamp with the light of her sun. Then she blew life into the tree with her divine breath. It was now restored to full health, ready to be planted again.

With her next move she arranged a clearing with flowers, a lake, and raised land where the tree would be planted. It was a very beautiful and healthy plot of land.

Hmmm. Well. We can do this, apparently.

Hmmmm.

Hrmmmmmmm.

Huhhhhhhhhhhh.

I suppose I should be grateful to Bastet? Thank you? You still creep the heck out of me.

So. Um. I wonder if this means the sapling is now Bastet's, or if it still belongs to me. It would be kind of finicky of me if I just returned to it after abandoning it...

Well, there's little I can do for it now until it grows. I guess I could just use my god power to make it grow now, but I have other ideas I want to implement.

For my next move, I create a series of plateaus to the northeast of Falcon's canyon. They will be tall cliffs, varying in height, with completely flat tops. I suppose I could call them "the steppes". There shall be spaces between some, but not all, where dry ground meanders below, connecting to the ground level of Falcon's canyon.

Rolled a 77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Horus muttered a made-up expletive as he stared at the ground where the streams laid.

Maybe...maybe the fish will be fine in that river.

He rose his hand and rolled. Give hiiiiiiiim...a river ecosystem!

Rolled a 54

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next