Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 am 

After the previous thread and what I've learned from doing it, I've decided to start again. To make things run smoother and to give a better idea of what this is, I'm going to start with a direct quote from the thread the original game was based on.

/tg/ wrote:
Here's how this will work, the players will suggest new features (species, locations, planetary effects) and then roll 1d100 to decide how successful the action is. You may not suggest things that would decimate the other gods' works on a large scale. If and when sentient life and civilization takes over the world, gods will have to convert them to worshiping them before they can directly influence what the civilizations do. Without direct guidance the civilizations will do as they please (directed by the GM), random events may occur at any time.

Each player will be a God of this world. All that is required for a God is a name. However feel free to style yours in any way you like. Many players of the previous game gave their characters themes, personalities, and symbols. I will be the game master, interpreting your dice roll and determining the natural evolution of the world. If you are not sure on the rules or if an action would be OK, just PM me. If you want to catch up or join at a later point, all you really need to do is look at my posts containing the actions and their results.

Every round, each player will post their God's actions. The round ends once everyone participating has posted what they're attempting to do. If you don't want to participate in the current round, simply post "Pass." At the end of the round, I will post the result of everyone's rolls.

When attempting an action, roll 1d100 (just click roll, no modifiers). The result of this determines the success of your action. The closer to 100 the better. Critical Success will never screw you over on purpose. When you post your action you don't need to describe how it works, just post what you're attempting to do. Details are not always better. If there is more than one sentence for an action, I will likely try to distill the most basic description of what you're trying to do and apply your roll to that. Its fine to have fun and get playful with your post, roleplaying what your God is doing while preforming their action, however make sure to sum up what you're doing with the action before the roll. ((OOC: If it makes you feel better you can always use the Out of Character tag.))

Try breaking up more complicated actions into mutiliple parts.
However, for every action you add past the first one, roll again. Adding multiple actions subtracts 10 for every extra action from the score of all rolls. 2 actions = -10, 3 = -20, etc.

---

This barren planet is called Darius. It is your playground now.
Spoiler: click to show

---

Example post:

Player wrote:
I am the god Generic and I create a range of mountains perpetually on fire.

Rolled 56

Raxy wrote:
The mountain range is created. No life can live here unless they gain a resistance to fire.

You do not need to say 'I am' every time, but at least give your God name for your first post.

If there are multiple actions, format your post like this:
Player wrote:
I am the god Generic and I create a range of mountains perpetually on fire.

Rolled 56

And it will be full of heat resistant squirrels.

Rolled 33

I will also create a food supply of acorns for them.

Rolled 79

Modifier: -20
New Rolls: 36, 13, 59

Make sure to list both the original rolls, the modifier, and the new roll as opposed to simply changing the numbers after you figured out the new ones.

Player List:
User Name - God Name

Bacon Supreme - Bacon
Pikmanipulator - Zerato
Elby - !#%$ (Huey)
Falcon6 - Horus
The Great B-Man - Beimaihn the Great
Mecha - Bastet
McKnackus I - Professer Leonardo 'Butts McGee' Housingfletcher
Voice - Gene the Ascended, God of Energy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 am 

Can we just, like, start?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 am 

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:48 am 

Ballin'.

I AM THE GOD BACON, AND I CREATE AN OCEAN CONTAINING A CORAL REEF

Rolled 65

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:03 am 

Hm. I believe that I shall take part in this. Why not.

My name is Zerato. I hereby decree that there shall be a big tree. The biggest on Darius.

Rolled 9

Well. GOOD LUCK TOPPING THAT.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am 

!#%$ shall make his inglorious return!
And how might the old lord Huey go about first planting his seed in this world, hmm?

...that's a damn good question. HMMM.
Probably a place, since there isn't really anywhere to put actual creatures yet...
Something that speaks well for the name of !#%$...

And as the old lord Huey's going about this pondering, that Zerry fellow over there's made a tree! Or, is making one. And truly, the way he's going about it is inspiring.

Well, to !#%$, anyways. Take that as you will.

He'd react to this by surrounding this no doubt to be positively glorious tree with a great, murky bog, its waters so filthy and sludge-like, that its fumes would be downright toxic to most creatures, not that any such things exist yet.

Rolled a 74.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:29 am 
Site Admin

Darkness enveloped the poor god Horus before.

Left in the voided space of the previous universe, his mistakes surrounding him like...well, like darkness. But finally, his day comes.

He rises from his slumber, sadness filled in his eyes and probably in the ragged clothing he would no doubt wear.

However, he realizes something first off when he noticed the door. No God can end up messing up in the start of a universe twice in a row. That'd be terrible.

He knows that his power had to be greatly improved from his previous experience from the now voided universe.

He stands up, walking slowly towards the door to the new universe. With a whisper, he opened the door and cast his dice into the room, as if all the luck he accumulated from before would grant him a great head start.

"A...m-mountain range. I desire a vast...a vast mountain range." He emphasized his command as he cast his eyes on the dice.

Rolled a 16

"......a-ah..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:01 am 

The god Beimaihn the Great, is a narcissistic and indecisive one...or perhaps many? His mind constantly changing as though many voices speak in the tone of one, but all agree on one thing:

To make his/their mark on Darius, it needs to be something befitting of the name, so that much may sing praises of his/their work.

And is then that Beimaihn the Great, cane held high in the air, singled out one of his many desires and said:

"None can live on which that is not fertile. Bring forth a vast plain, one with which minerals are sure to be rich!"

*Rolled a 29*

But with that mighty swing, his indecisive nature kicks in once more... Is this truly what is needed to have such a moniker as "Great"? Perhaps something else should've been done? But it was too late. The damage had already been done...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 pm 

While this is the first round, the game is still open to new players. Feel free to join if you haven't already.

Bacon Supreme wrote:
Ballin'.

I AM THE GOD BACON, AND I CREATE AN OCEAN CONTAINING A CORAL REEF

Rolled 65

From Bacon's divine word, an ocean is created but with no satellite it rages uncontrollably. Below it lies a beautiful coral reef.

Pikmanipulator wrote:
My name is Zerato. I hereby decree that there shall be a big tree. The biggest on Darius.

Rolled 9

A small withered sapling sprouts. It is the biggest tree on Darius simply because there are no other trees yet. With out light or water it cannot grow.

Elby wrote:
He'd react to this by surrounding this no doubt to be positively glorious tree with a great, murky bog, its waters so filthy and sludge-like, that its fumes would be downright toxic to most creatures, not that any such things exist yet.

Rolled a 74.

The murky bog forms around the tree. The tree is somehow briefly sustained by the water, though its bark and leafs grow dark. The bog itself tosses and turns from the lack of a moon.

Falcon6 wrote:
"A...m-mountain range. I desire a vast...a vast mountain range." He emphasized his command as he cast his eyes on the dice.

Rolled a 16

The sorrowful child tries to raise the earth but all he gets is a small hill.

The Great B-Man wrote:
And is then that Beimaihn the Great, cane held high in the air, singled out one of his many desires and said:

"None can live on which that is not fertile. Bring forth a vast plain, one with which minerals are sure to be rich!"

*Rolled a 29*

A small grassland rises, perhaps with treasures hidden underneath. However, with out water or light this fertile land might go to waste.

Darius:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:18 pm 

Well let me just solve that whole "lack of a natural satellite" problem.

I create a natural satellite large enough to calm the masses of water on Darius.

ROLLED 56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:34 pm 

A woman joined the group. The stench of death practically emanated from her body, her torn clothes soaked in blood. Her disgusting pink hair was matted and covered most of her face. What you could see, just a wide smile, and one of her eyes. Those horrible catlike eyes.

"H...hello...Gods. You didn't....forget about Bastet...did you?" The god reached up and ran her hand through the hair covering her face, leaving trails of blood and grease across her fingers. "Because...Bastet didn't forget. Neither...neither did Jeff...isn't that right Jeff?" She looked at her side, as if there was some invisible person there to acknowledge her.

Bastet made her way over to view the new world, and then smiled, waving her hand over the board. "Light. I want this world to...bathe in...pink light. As...beautiful as I am. A sun...a pink sun...." A die rolled out of her hair, dropping to the ground and stopping on 94, a fine roll. "Everything could...be as cute as me"

"What's that Jeff?" She reached into her hair, and pulled out a mutilated head, holding it closer to her ear. I say mutilated, but it was obviously an ancient god that Bastet had sewn cat ears to. Bastet nodded slowly, and then turned to the others, smiling. "Jeff...wants a vast forest...with a mighty void in the center." Jeff's mouth opened, and a die fell out, landing on 96.

Bastet put her head against the rotting head, stroking its hair. "A fine roll...Jeff..."

((OOC: A pink sun, with a 94.
A forest with a black void in the middle, with a 96
Which means those rolls are 84 and 86, respectfully.))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:01 pm 

Well.

Where a more selfish god might turn a blind eye to the sapling and pretend such a thing never happened...this tree, it is my child. I can't simply allow it to perish without doing something to save it, can I?

So...with my powers I will...

create a underground cavern just below the sapling, making the surface shallow enough for the sapling to fall through, into the cavern, hopefully safe from the poison no, then the poison might just seep through on top of it.

I will create a rushing river that parts around the sapling, washing away the bog wait, if I did that, what would be the odds of the bog's sludge just mixing in with the river? Also, making the river part around the sapling might require an additional roll...

I will create a star for this planet to give light to all its inhabitants and burn away the accursed swamp waters wait, Mecha Bastet, you ninja.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I create a geyser in the ground beneath the sapling, strong enough to lift the sapling into the air, away from this insidious bog for a short time at least, while simultaneously providing it with fresh, clean water to live by.

Rolled a 14

Well, I guess I might as well kiss my sapling goodbye.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 pm 

Huey looked out over what had ensued, nodding to himself as he smiled. Yes, everything looked quite nice. Zerry's already doing some fancy... things. Huey wasn't entirely sure what he was doing, but it sure seemed fancy.

The place definitely needs some celestial bodies, though... Perhaps some round, metal moon that would have a hole through it, the center having a spiritual pupil to watch over the planet that could double as a throne for himself. That sounded really nice to !#%$, but something seemed off about it... He felt almost as if he'd be retreading some ground, but that didn't make sense. The world was fresh, what was there to retread...?

Regardless, he shook it off. That Bacon fellow seemed to have things covered on that front, anyways. Huey decided to shift his focus elsewhere, like... perhaps...

And it was at that moment, as She spoke, that !#%$ felt a twinge throughout his entire body. He froze, not even turning to look at the source, but that voice, that voice, it stirred something deep inside of !#%$ that he did not like. The words She spoke, about forgetting and what have you, would likely be important to him, were he not busy reeling from the sudden dizziness he was feeling. As he stumbled about, !#%$ looked around for something, some response to this, anything.

It would be then that he'd spot Horus. Huey thought nothing of him at first, but Huey slowly found himself focusing on him as Huey recollected himself, feeling some sense of respect for this small god. He truly felt it was warranted, albeit for reasons he really couldn't put a finger on. Huey was not one to question such instincts in this state, anyways.

As he slowly regained his composure, Huey brought his attention to what this Horus guy had made: a... hill. "Modest" was certainly one word you could use to describe it, but truly it hid something greater. Yes, as She worked in the sky, !#%$ nodded. All at once, he understood.

And thus, with a mighty blow, !#%$ punched a hole directly in the center of Horus' hill, keeping it going as deep into the planet as he could muster, forming a pathway to an underground sanctuary, so filled with pressure and perhaps even magma of some sort that it was unlikely any living creature could survive there. The spirits of whatever creatures may come, though--this would be their bastion after... whatever it is that She was making in the sky ravaged them.

Now that he was underground, Huey finally found himself able to catch his breath and calm down. Or perhaps "calm" was the wrong word choice, considering who we're dealing with, especially since he now felt his work was far from over. Indeed, all these places and celestial beings being made for the creatures--but there were no creatures yet! This clearly had to be fixed. Making his way back out of the hole he had made (doing his best to ignore Her), he turned his attention back towards the bog. In it, he would make amphibious creatures who would not only withstand the toxins of the area, but thrive of it, literally consuming the toxins of the water they swam in, making oasis-esque portions of the bog that seemed safe, almost sanitary even--this is how they'd lure in their second food source, being whatever poor souls wandered into these deceptively clean-looking waters, who would be shred to bits with by these creatures' hidden razor-sharp teeth.

Since there were no other creatures yet, of course, this would result in them eating nothing but sludge, or in very rare occasions, if one were so foolish (or perhaps even brave or desperate) to wander into a clear portion of water, each other.

Rolled an 83 for the Hell-hole in Horus' hill, and 51 for the amphibious, toxin-consuming bog-creatures, downed to 73 and 41 respectively.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

"Ohhh..ohhhhh..." Horus held his head, shaking it. This is terrible, oh so terrible!

"Ohhh...w-wait! Wait, I know!"

He took out a small slingshot and aimed randomly towards the globe. "Whereever it hits...make a canyon!" That would certainly get him a nice habitat for his birds. He shot towards Darius, squinting a little as he let the roll decide the fate.

Rolled a 76

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 pm 

A stout, dignified, fatherly butler walks into the otherworldly realm of the gods carrying a briefcase. He sets the breifcase down and opens it. A chair folds out of it and bolts itself to the floor. He then takes a sticky note and puts it on the chair.

"This seat reserved for Professer Leonardo 'Butts McGee' Housingfletcher"

The butler then stood next to the chair waiting for his master to arrive. He will be waiting there for a long time.

((OOC: Taking a week long internet break so I won't be doing anything, I'm just putting an Intro.))