Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:34 am 

Happy birthday to my favorite cat and one of my favorite people on here.

Have a phenomenal day you awesome guy you.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:11 am 

Image Wow! I, uh, guess I may have jumped the gun a bit calling him an "old man"...more like middle aged, maybe? He's not even close to my pops!

I wonder why he hasn't evolved yet...?

Image Maybe he just chooses not to? Remember what we learned at school? Evolution can be a sign of maturity, but isn't really the end all, be all of growing older. Pokémon are free to change whenever they want, so long as they get enough experience in the world. Think back to Teddiursa and Ursaring. Teddiursa is eager to evolve, but Ursaring actually feels regret and pleads that maybe it'd be better if Teddiursa stayed the same.

Image (...Wait, did I really just say that? Wow, I'm learning more than I intended... I just want to know why I'm here...)

Image Well, regardless...

Image Happy birthday, sir! We have only really just met, but you already seem like a pretty cool guy!

Image The dungeons you've crafted look super cool and really challenging! Have you done this before?

Last edited by The Great B-Man on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 pm 

Happy birthday to the only active member. :D

At least we have skype. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:32 pm 

((OOC: Seriously though, thanks for the continued support and enthusiasm! It's a shame that there are so few talking these days...but I'll continue to try my best!))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:34 pm 

Wagh, it's belated, but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAT-MAN. Clearly I delayed it to today on purpose, because, I could say I'm thankful for you now, or, something, except you're Canadian so you don't even care about my Thanksgiving, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 am 

Congratulations to: animemangavg (25)

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:34 am 

Well, you gave me one so....

Congratulations to: FSLAR (23)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:47 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:39 pm 

Happy Birthday, Mewtwo!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 pm 

Today for my birthday (which was actually yesterday), one of my presents was Meteos: Disney Magic, which I've been looking for for quite a while now.

Then I opened the case, and the cartridge was not Meteos: Disney Magic, but Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt.

I...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 am 

Image Oof...

Not so happy birthday now, I guess... Oi.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:27 pm 

Nah, it was okay. I at least got to play First Hunt to see what it was like before I gave it back to my dad to send back. According to him, it only cost about $5.

Boy, am I glad they changed the Morph Ball boost mechanics in the final game. Double-tapping a direction to boost made movements that should have been gentle curves into frustrating offshoots. Also, I found it interesting that there were actual Metroids in First Hunt, when I remember Hunters was panned for not having Metroids. Irony. Giving the power beam sort-of limited ammunition was rather annoying, though.

All in all, I ended up pretty much completing the game in just an hour. Very short, although since it was supposedly a free demo at the time, I guess it's to be expected.

Other than First Hunt, I got Kirby: Planet Robobot, de Blob, and Star Fox Zero + Guard is on it's way.

Oh yeah, and I got clothes. Can't forget the clothes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:47 pm 

Surprised you did not have First Hunt, since most DSes came with that on launch. But man that blows, such a shame dude. I feel you, that's kind of how I got Majora's Mask because my Dad was trying to get me and my sister Ocarina of Time...and somehow he misunderstood. On the plus side he revealed a plot twist that the game was a gift for me and not her and I love Majora's Mask now so yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:41 pm 

Pikmanipulator wrote:
Nah, it was okay. I at least got to play First Hunt to see what it was like before I gave it back to my dad to send back. According to him, it only cost about $5.

Boy, am I glad they changed the Morph Ball boost mechanics in the final game. Double-tapping a direction to boost made movements that should have been gentle curves into frustrating offshoots. Also, I found it interesting that there were actual Metroids in First Hunt, when I remember Hunters was panned for not having Metroids. Irony. Giving the power beam sort-of limited ammunition was rather annoying, though.

All in all, I ended up pretty much completing the game in just an hour. Very short, although since it was supposedly a free demo at the time, I guess it's to be expected.

Other than First Hunt, I got Kirby: Planet Robobot, de Blob, and Star Fox Zero + Guard is on it's way.

Oh yeah, and I got clothes. Can't forget the clothes.

I'VE HEARD ONLY AMAZING THINGS ABOUT PLANET ROBOBOT, and I can imagine why. Kirby and robots are both great on their own, and matching them is an unexpected but welcomed surprise, like PRETZELS and JELLY.

STAR FOX ZERO, FROM WHAT I PLAYED, WAS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST. I hadn't really played much of 64 growing up, so I lack that nostalgia, and I WAS playing with a friend who piloted, but there's a lot of small details that I really appreciated. Hope ya enjoy it, and hope your birthday rocked, dude!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:21 pm 

FSLAR wrote:
Surprised you did not have First Hunt, since most DSes came with that on launch. But man that blows, such a shame dude. I feel you, that's kind of how I got Majora's Mask because my Dad was trying to get me and my sister Ocarina of Time...and somehow he misunderstood. On the plus side he revealed a plot twist that the game was a gift for me and not her and I love Majora's Mask now so yeah.

Yeah, I actually got a blue DS that came packaged with Super Mario 64 DS instead. I'd say it was the better deal.

Now it's back to searching for Meteos: Disney Magic, yes it is.

Alpha StevO wrote:
I'VE HEARD ONLY AMAZING THINGS ABOUT PLANET ROBOBOT, and I can imagine why. Kirby and robots are both great on their own, and matching them is an unexpected but welcomed surprise, like PRETZELS and JELLY.

I can't stand pretzels, but to each his own. Planet Robobot has been pretty fun so far regardless.

Alpha StevO wrote:
STAR FOX ZERO, FROM WHAT I PLAYED, WAS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST. I hadn't really played much of 64 growing up, so I lack that nostalgia, and I WAS playing with a friend who piloted, but there's a lot of small details that I really appreciated. Hope ya enjoy it, and hope your birthday rocked, dude!

My birthday was okay. The most amazing thing about it was that I went to SmashBurger for a great chicken burger, and then went to Best Buy for no reason other than its Nintendo Zone and StreetPass-tagged nine people.

Normally I'd go to a movie or something, but WHATEVER.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next