Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:23 pm
Posts: 1172
Happy birthday to my favorite cat and one of my favorite people on here.

Have a phenomenal day you awesome guy you.

_________________
Image
"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm
Posts: 3711
Location: Lively Town
Image Wow! I, uh, guess I may have jumped the gun a bit calling him an "old man"...more like middle aged, maybe? He's not even close to my pops!

I wonder why he hasn't evolved yet...?


Image Maybe he just chooses not to? Remember what we learned at school? Evolution can be a sign of maturity, but isn't really the end all, be all of growing older. Pokémon are free to change whenever they want, so long as they get enough experience in the world. Think back to Teddiursa and Ursaring. Teddiursa is eager to evolve, but Ursaring actually feels regret and pleads that maybe it'd be better if Teddiursa stayed the same.

Image (...Wait, did I really just say that? Wow, I'm learning more than I intended... I just want to know why I'm here...)


Image Well, regardless...

Image Happy birthday, sir! We have only really just met, but you already seem like a pretty cool guy!

Image The dungeons you've crafted look super cool and really challenging! Have you done this before?

_________________


Last edited by The Great B-Man on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 1231
Location: TECH SAUCE
Happy birthday to the only active member. :D

...

At least we have skype. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
ImageImageImage
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?" -Psalms 27:1a


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm
Posts: 3711
Location: Lively Town
((OOC: Seriously though, thanks for the continued support and enthusiasm! It's a shame that there are so few talking these days...but I'll continue to try my best!))

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1232
Location: Neptune
Wagh, it's belated, but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAT-MAN. Clearly I delayed it to today on purpose, because, I could say I'm thankful for you now, or, something, except you're Canadian so you don't even care about my Thanksgiving, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:23 pm
Posts: 1172
Congratulations to: animemangavg (25)

_________________
Image
"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 22
Well, you gave me one so....

Congratulations to: FSLAR (23)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm
Posts: 3711
Location: Lively Town
Image

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 pm
Posts: 901
Happy Birthday, Mewtwo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 pm
Posts: 901
Today for my birthday (which was actually yesterday), one of my presents was Meteos: Disney Magic, which I've been looking for for quite a while now.

Then I opened the case, and the cartridge was not Meteos: Disney Magic, but Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt.

I...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm
Posts: 3711
Location: Lively Town
Image Oof...

Not so happy birthday now, I guess... Oi.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 pm
Posts: 901
Nah, it was okay. I at least got to play First Hunt to see what it was like before I gave it back to my dad to send back. According to him, it only cost about $5.

Boy, am I glad they changed the Morph Ball boost mechanics in the final game. Double-tapping a direction to boost made movements that should have been gentle curves into frustrating offshoots. Also, I found it interesting that there were actual Metroids in First Hunt, when I remember Hunters was panned for not having Metroids. Irony. Giving the power beam sort-of limited ammunition was rather annoying, though.

All in all, I ended up pretty much completing the game in just an hour. Very short, although since it was supposedly a free demo at the time, I guess it's to be expected.

Other than First Hunt, I got Kirby: Planet Robobot, de Blob, and Star Fox Zero + Guard is on it's way.

Oh yeah, and I got clothes. Can't forget the clothes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:23 pm
Posts: 1172
Surprised you did not have First Hunt, since most DSes came with that on launch. But man that blows, such a shame dude. I feel you, that's kind of how I got Majora's Mask because my Dad was trying to get me and my sister Ocarina of Time...and somehow he misunderstood. On the plus side he revealed a plot twist that the game was a gift for me and not her and I love Majora's Mask now so yeah.

_________________
Image
"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:48 pm
Posts: 59
Pikmanipulator wrote:
Nah, it was okay. I at least got to play First Hunt to see what it was like before I gave it back to my dad to send back. According to him, it only cost about $5.

Boy, am I glad they changed the Morph Ball boost mechanics in the final game. Double-tapping a direction to boost made movements that should have been gentle curves into frustrating offshoots. Also, I found it interesting that there were actual Metroids in First Hunt, when I remember Hunters was panned for not having Metroids. Irony. Giving the power beam sort-of limited ammunition was rather annoying, though.

All in all, I ended up pretty much completing the game in just an hour. Very short, although since it was supposedly a free demo at the time, I guess it's to be expected.

Other than First Hunt, I got Kirby: Planet Robobot, de Blob, and Star Fox Zero + Guard is on it's way.

Oh yeah, and I got clothes. Can't forget the clothes.

I'VE HEARD ONLY AMAZING THINGS ABOUT PLANET ROBOBOT, and I can imagine why. Kirby and robots are both great on their own, and matching them is an unexpected but welcomed surprise, like PRETZELS and JELLY.

STAR FOX ZERO, FROM WHAT I PLAYED, WAS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST. I hadn't really played much of 64 growing up, so I lack that nostalgia, and I WAS playing with a friend who piloted, but there's a lot of small details that I really appreciated. Hope ya enjoy it, and hope your birthday rocked, dude!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Birthday Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 pm
Posts: 901
FSLAR wrote:
Surprised you did not have First Hunt, since most DSes came with that on launch. But man that blows, such a shame dude. I feel you, that's kind of how I got Majora's Mask because my Dad was trying to get me and my sister Ocarina of Time...and somehow he misunderstood. On the plus side he revealed a plot twist that the game was a gift for me and not her and I love Majora's Mask now so yeah.

Yeah, I actually got a blue DS that came packaged with Super Mario 64 DS instead. I'd say it was the better deal.

Now it's back to searching for Meteos: Disney Magic, yes it is.

Alpha StevO wrote:
I'VE HEARD ONLY AMAZING THINGS ABOUT PLANET ROBOBOT, and I can imagine why. Kirby and robots are both great on their own, and matching them is an unexpected but welcomed surprise, like PRETZELS and JELLY.

I can't stand pretzels, but to each his own. Planet Robobot has been pretty fun so far regardless.

Alpha StevO wrote:
STAR FOX ZERO, FROM WHAT I PLAYED, WAS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST. I hadn't really played much of 64 growing up, so I lack that nostalgia, and I WAS playing with a friend who piloted, but there's a lot of small details that I really appreciated. Hope ya enjoy it, and hope your birthday rocked, dude!

My birthday was okay. The most amazing thing about it was that I went to SmashBurger for a great chicken burger, and then went to Best Buy for no reason other than its Nintendo Zone and StreetPass-tagged nine people.

Normally I'd go to a movie or something, but WHATEVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group