Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:38 pm 

That's quite a pickle you're in, StevO, but I'd only use the inventory editor as a last resort. Wouldn't want to make your first playthrough THAT easy, now would you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:31 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
That's quite a pickle you're in, StevO, but I'd only use the inventory editor as a last resort. Wouldn't want to make your first playthrough THAT easy, now would you?

I'VE NO INTENTION ON CHEATING; I'd simply save the items for whenever I reach the associated NPC, or somethin'.

Hell, don't even intend to USE all of them; I've just got a habit of collectin' everything.

ASKED A FRIEND IF I OUGHTA GIVE DARK SOULS II A SHOT AFTER THIS ONE, he said it was bullcrap. YOUR THOUGHTS?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:48 pm 

Don't listen to him. Dark Souls II, while the weakest Souls game, is still an amazing game that I've invested hundreds of hours into.

It did a few things wrong, but it also got a few things right, which all the detractors seem to ignore. Absolutely give it a shot after you're done with 1.

Plus, it's really cheap these days. I got the PS4 version for $20, and that has all three DLC's included.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:36 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Don't listen to him. Dark Souls II, while the weakest Souls game, is still an amazing game that I've invested hundreds of hours into.

It did a few things wrong, but it also got a few things right, which all the detractors seem to ignore. Absolutely give it a shot after you're done with 1.

Plus, it's really cheap these days. I got the PS4 version for $20, and that has all three DLC's included.

And your thoughts on Bloodborne?

I'm REALLY interested in tryin' that one out. I love a game that has a few weapons, but lets ya focus on whichever one ya want; as opposed to Dark Souls and it's FIFTY GREATSWORDS AND ONE HAMMER.

IN OTHER NEWS, FOR ANYONE WHO CARES, STARBOUND'S COMIN' OUT ON THE 22ND, AND I CANNOT WAIT TO BE A ROBOT IN FANTASY SPACE.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:11 am 

Bloodborne's amazing. There's few weapons, but no two of them are the same, and they're all really fun to mess with. You'd love the Kirkhammer, which is a sword that turns into a really big hammer. There's also a similar one that's a sword that turns into an EVEN BIGGER SWORD! Oh, and the DLC has my favorite boss fight in any game ever. I won't spoil what it is, but that fight alone made the purchase of a PS4 worth it.

Really though, you can't go wrong with any Souls game. They're all awesome in their own way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Bloodborne's amazing. There's few weapons, but no two of them are the same, and they're all really fun to mess with. You'd love the Kirkhammer, which is a sword that turns into a really big hammer. There's also a similar one that's a sword that turns into an EVEN BIGGER SWORD! Oh, and the DLC has my favorite boss fight in any game ever. I won't spoil what it is, but that fight alone made the purchase of a PS4 worth it.

Really though, you can't go wrong with any Souls game. They're all awesome in their own way.

I WANT.

THE BOOMHAMMER.

AND NOTHING MORE.

I'll get the DLC JUST for the Boomhammer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 am 

Not a Dark Souls image, but I think it still relates very well anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:58 pm 

Wow, they could've just went with "get good", but they went the extra mile and spelled it "incorrectly". That's awesome.

Now I'm clamoring for a Dark Souls crossover in Monster Hunter. From Software made that spinoff on the 3DS, so...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:18 pm 

So many memes in games these days, it's crazy. Now I'm worried about the next Sonic game since Sega is way too aware of...well everything.

In other news my trek through Dark Souls has been somewhat good! Got a few upgrades, managed with bosses much better and so on. Minus a few deaths, the occasional trap (those goddamn frogs........) and so on but I believe I can conquer all of Lorddran eventually. Well, except for Blighttown. !#%$ that place. Soon, Dark Souls II, then Bloodborne, and then....the world Dark Souls III.

Oh and Kiyoshi, I'm really noticing the set backs of the Drake Sword. I only use it on bosses/big one time only enemies but it's barely making a difference...

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:20 pm 

FSLAR wrote:
Oh and Kiyoshi, I'm really noticing the set backs of the Drake Sword. I only use it on bosses/big one time only enemies but it's barely making a difference...

I !#%$ told you.

Now drop that !#%$ and stick with a weapon that has scaling.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:06 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
DAMN, THAT'S SOME SPICE RIGHT THERE. A NICE LIL' SNEAK IN.

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Now I'm clamoring for a Dark Souls crossover in Monster Hunter. From Software made that spinoff on the 3DS, so...

PERSONALLY, I think ya'd like Monster Hunter. Like Dark Souls, you revel over weapons, beat up giant things, and are subject to QUITE THE DIFFICULTY CURVE. Only difference is Jolly Cooperation is the ONLY way to play with others.

WHICH IS A GOOD THING, 'CUZ THESE MONSTERS ARE HARD.

FSLAR wrote:
So many memes in games these days, it's crazy. Now I'm worried about the next Sonic game since Sega is way too aware of...well everything.

In other news my trek through Dark Souls has been somewhat good! Got a few upgrades, managed with bosses much better and so on. Minus a few deaths, the occasional trap (those goddamn frogs........) and so on but I believe I can conquer all of Lorddran eventually. Well, except for Blighttown. !#%$ that place. Soon, Dark Souls II, then Bloodborne, and then....the world Dark Souls III.

WHERE ARE YA IN DARK SOULS, CURRENTLY? I'm stuck in Anor Londo because Lautrec is SCUM.

Shredderman8160 wrote:
FSLAR wrote:

I !#%$ told you.

QUESTION: GRANT, GUD OR RLY GUD?

I WANT GRANT.

I WANT TWO OF THEM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 pm 

Alpha StevO wrote:

I WANT GRANT.

I WANT TWO OF THEM.

Honestly? It's awesome, but VERY impractical. Extremely heavy, split damage, requires very heavy stat investment just to wield, and while the R2 shockwave is cool, it takes off 200 durability. You'll need a lot of repair powders if you like that move.

Since you're in Anor Londo, you can get Havel's hammer, the Dragon Tooth, which I think is a way better choice, but Grant can still get the job done in PvE, so if you're dead set on it, I won't stop you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:50 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
FSLAR wrote:

I !#%$ told you.

hey hey hey now boy, I knew what you were talking about! I just didn't think it would get outclassed this quick.

Stevo, I am currently in...well blighttown. !#%$ that area!

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:57 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
Alpha StevO wrote:

I WANT GRANT.

I WANT TWO OF THEM.

Honestly? It's awesome, but VERY impractical. Extremely heavy, split damage, requires very heavy stat investment just to wield, and while the R2 shockwave is cool, it takes off 200 durability. You'll need a lot of repair powders if you like that move.

Since you're in Anor Londo, you can get Havel's hammer, the Dragon Tooth, which I think is a way better choice, but Grant can still get the job done in PvE, so if you're dead set on it, I won't stop you.

DRAGON TOOTH IS 2 HEAVY FOR MY BABY ARMS. I need more souls.

I've been told to level Dexterity, Endurance, Strength, and Faith, and I'm like WHICH DO I FOCUS ON MORE, THOUGH.

SO MUCH TO LEVEL, SO MUCH MORE TO MURDA...

FSLAR wrote:
Shredderman8160 wrote:
FSLAR wrote:

I !#%$ told you.

hey hey hey now boy, I knew what you were talking about! I just didn't think it would get outclassed this quick.

Stevo, I am currently in...well blighttown. !#%$ that area!

OOOOOH...ooooh...it only gets worse, friend. Thankfully, the Toxin Snipers
Spoiler: click to show
don't respawn, so if you're gonna do a barbarian charge, kill as many as ya can so they won't bother you EVER AGAIN.

IN OTHER NEWS, BROTHER FINALLY GOT HIS PSN ACCOUNT TO WORK; I'll be able to transfer my save to my own account, then go online and DIE WITH FRIENDS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:18 pm 

Yeah Kiyoshi told me that much but still !#%$ Blighttown!

I'm only going for vitality, endurance, strength, and dexterity. Not sure about faith but I know resistance was useless...oh and I forgot to add in my updates! Acquired Havel's Ring and thus the glory of fast roll, killed the seven headed water dragon without a sweat (somehow Dark Souls makes a huge ass dragon with fatal water breath about as easy as a giant !#%$ butterfly......Kiyoshi, please explain!), entered the forest covenant and looted Darkroot thoroughly though I stayed the hell away from a potential boss and those giant cats, and generally did some leveling up/soul hunting. And it paid off, ooh man. I'm trying to put off Blighttown as much as I can...jesus.

Wondering about what I should do about my weapons though. I'm about ready to swap out the Drake Sword for something else...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:31 am 

I LIVE IN SAN FRANSISCO NOW

IT'S DOPE

I MAKE HELLA $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET'S GO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:58 am 

Alpha StevO wrote:
DRAGON TOOTH IS 2 HEAVY FOR MY BABY ARMS. I need more souls.

I've been told to level Dexterity, Endurance, Strength, and Faith, and I'm like WHICH DO I FOCUS ON MORE, THOUGH.

SO MUCH TO LEVEL, SO MUCH MORE TO MURDA...

Well that's not good, because Grant is even heavier. It weighs twice as much as the Great Club, to be exact.

If you just want to use a Great Hammer, then ignore Dexterity. None of the Great Hammers get any Dex scaling. Pure Strength is what you want.

FSLAR wrote:
(somehow Dark Souls makes a huge ass dragon with fatal water breath about as easy as a giant !#%$ butterfly......Kiyoshi, please explain!)

It has severe brain damage from slamming its heads into the ground a lot.

Also, hate to tell you this, but Blighttown is required, cause the second bell is located just after Quelaag. HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:16 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
FSLAR wrote:
(somehow Dark Souls makes a huge ass dragon with fatal water breath about as easy as a giant !#%$ butterfly......Kiyoshi, please explain!)

It has severe brain damage from slamming its heads into the ground a lot.

Also, hate to tell you this, but Blighttown is required, cause the second bell is located just after Quelaag. HAVE FUN!
And clipping through said ground I guess.

I know Blighttown is required! That doesn't mean I have to like it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:20 pm 

Wait until you play Demon's Souls and get to the Valley of Defilement.

You will never complain about Blighttown ever again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:23 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:

How is Demon's Souls compared to this?

Took the long route to get to Queelag, and it was a pain, not the worst but good lord. I couldn't summon Mildred even though I killed her phantom and got the things, so I summoned two other random phantoms and went to town on Queelag. I heard about a Fire Keeper's Soul but I don't even know if I want to go back and grab it. This was nowhere near as painful as I thought but !#%$ those toxic guys!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:39 pm 

Bacon Supreme wrote:
I LIVE IN SAN FRANSISCO NOW

IT'S DOPE

I MAKE HELLA $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET'S GO

WHAT DO YA DO FOR THE HELLA DOSH?

San Fransisco's pretty nice around this time of year, mostly due to it not being Florida.

Florida SUCKS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:03 am 

FSLAR wrote:
Shredderman8160 wrote:

How is Demon's Souls compared to this?

It's definitely a prototype, being the first "Souls-like" game and all. They haven't quite perfected the formula at the time, so it's got some problems, but it's still a great game that's really cheap these days, so it's still worth playing.

But man, Valley of Defilement...Blighttown's hard, but VoD is just blatantly unfair. The only good thing about it is it has the Large Sword of Moonlight (which would be renamed the Moonlight Greatsword in the Dark Souls games. !#%$ awesome weapon.)

Alpha StevO wrote:
WHAT DO YA DO FOR THE HELLA DOSH?

San Fransisco's pretty nice around this time of year, mostly due to it not being Florida.

Florida SUCKS

Me and my family went to Florida to go to Disney World once. It was fun, but JESUS CHRIST THE WEATHER! SO !#%$ HUMID!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:39 am 

You're lucky ya only stayed for a while; you hafta become a were-gator to survive properly, here.

IF YA NEED SOMEONE TO INFECT YA, LEMME KNOW.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:05 pm 

Alpha StevO wrote:
You're lucky ya only stayed for a while; you hafta become a were-gator to survive properly, here.

IF YA NEED SOMEONE TO INFECT YA, LEMME KNOW.

Eh, I'm not sure I wanna reject my humanity just to be able to tolerate the weather of one state.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 pm 

Oh Stev your in Florida? Me too! I understand your plight.

AND YEAH BACON MAKE THAT CASH FLOW AND LIVE IN THAT EXCELLENT LOCATION

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next