Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:25 am 

Alpha StevO wrote:
CONGRATS, THAT'S RAD.

What kinda software do ya make? OR IS IT CONFIDENTIAL? WON'T PRY IF IT IS.

HOW'D YA LAND SUCH A SICK JOB?

I WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

WE MAKE SOFTWARE THAT HELPS PEOPLE WORK FROM HOME. ALSO IF YOU WANT VIDEOS CAPTIONED FOR A DOLLAR A !#%$' MINUTE, WE'RE YOUR DUDES.

I LANDED THIS JOB BY KNOWING PEOPLE AND BEING PRETTY GOOD AT CODING THINGS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:18 am 

So since you're in San Francisco and not...New York? New Jersey? Uh...where you're from, I'm guessing you're living on your own now.

Glad to hear everything worked out, Bacon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:06 pm 

((OOC: And I am finally back on my PC. Unfortunately, it seems things weren't quite as simple as I thought. Turns out, after doing all this redistribution, the problem was actually my GTX 970 the whole time. I am not sure what the problem is, but...well, let me take it from the top.

Two weeks ago, there was a quick power outage. Afterwards, my PC refused to turn on. Bad stuff indeed. So, after doing some research, I found a few relatively common reasons for why this is, the first of which being my PSU shorting out. I ordered a new one, but that did not fix the problem.

I then surmised that the problem must involve my Motherboard, but before ordering a new one, I decided to change the CMOS battery first since that is much cheaper. Still nothing.

So I got a new board (same manufacturer, upgraded model) and, after a few hours of taking it apart and putting it back together, tried it again. It still would not boot. The LEDs wouldn't even light up.

Almost at my wits end, I decided to look up to see if someone else had this specific problem and, turns out, they have. The solution he was given was to change the GPU. I still happened to have my 760 from when I first built this PC (was planning on selling it to my mother since she wants to build one) so I decided to give it a crack.

...And it worked.

So, as it turns out, something might have gone wrong with my 970 instead, which kind of stinks because now I'm back to not being able to have everything at max settings for a while. Though I was thinking of upgrading to a 1070 soon anyway.

In short, I spent nearly $500 CDN to fix a problem that I probably could've done by just switching cards. Live and learn, I guess.

As an aside, because my new MB drivers refused to install (and thus, making me unable to open up Windows since my keyboard and mouse were being unrecognized), I was forced to reinstall everything until my SSD (which formerly housed just a few games that I can redownload later). I am never going back to using a HDD for OSes anymore now!))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:19 am 

Location: Unknown, but it no doubt involves appliances found in the kitchen.
Ouch... I'm sorry to hear that the process of figuring that out turned out to be so rough. Still, it's good to have you back, B!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:38 pm 

Shredderman8160 wrote:
So since you're in San Francisco and not...New York? New Jersey? Uh...where you're from, I'm guessing you're living on your own now.

Glad to hear everything worked out, Bacon.

YEAH I WENT FROM HERE (roughly)

TO HERE

AND NOW I'M HERE (roughly)

I'M LIVING WITH TWO FRIENDS FROM COLLEGE

WE ARE ADULTING SO HARD

WE EVEN HAVE A WASHER AND DRYER IN OUR APARTMENT

IT'S DOPE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:06 am 

((OOC: Sooo...some of you might remember back in 2012 when I recording myself singing Pit's "victory song" from Kid Icarus: Uprising...

Well, I didn't learn my lesson that I can't sing and recorded myself with a more original track set to Route 4 from Pokémon X/Y.

I can't take full responsibility for this atrocity though (only the part involving vocal cords). I decided to try after reading this:

Changed/added a few lines, of course. Perhaps it'll ear worm your way to you...?))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:09 am 

So quick update.

Broke my arm late August, and it just got done healing.

Am currently considering returning to college because of the 'no experience' trap.

Yeah, sorry I've been gone, folks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:38 pm 

I BEAT DARK SOULS AND AM CURRENTLY TAKIN' ANTI-DEPRESSANTS TO MOTIVATE ME TO DO SOMETHIN' AND NOT FAIL MY CLASSES.

OTHER THAN THAT, nothin' neat or interestin'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:38 pm 

GREAT JOB, PAL! Now do the DLC. Then get the other games. Then do their DLC's as well.

...Once you have time from school, of course. Education is important.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:51 pm 

Steboh, I am proud of you mah boi. You done well. You have achieved the true peace that all warriors strive for. Hold up, what happened...with your anti-depressants? That's awful, take care of that first. Education is a pain though and does that to people at times, so I understand.

Meanwhile I finished Dark Souls, Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin, and Bloodborne, and got my hands on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls III. And more importantly I found a full time job nearby! Whoo! Also started graduate school, about to get my license and so on. Good times...now I just need a Halloween costume.

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:24 am 

Image It's fine. Not like many post here anyway these days. At least the arm is feeling better, Azure, forums or not.

Would certainly be unhappy had that happen to me, so it's good to see you're fine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:28 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Image It's fine. Not like many post here anyway these days. At least the arm is feeling better, Azure, forums or not.

Would certainly be unhappy had that happen to me, so it's good to see you're fine.

Thanks, B-Man. It's good to have people like you in my corner.

With a little luck I should ace the job interview I have Monday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:35 am 

Image Listened to a video game telethon the other day and got to a part with Mario-related trivia questions. I got 9/10 right! Had I been listening to this live, I would've tied for first place!

Here's what they are for those curious:

1. What colour are Mario's overalls?
A) Blue
B) Green
C) Pink
D) Black
ANSWER: A

2. What was Mario's original name from the Donkey Kong Arcade Game?
A) Bounce Man
B) Space Man
C) Rock Man
D) Jump Man
ANSWER: D

3. Which two sprites from Super Mario Bros. are practically identical in design? (choose two)
A) Shells
B) Super Stars
C) Blocks
D) Bushes
E) Mushrooms
F) Clouds
ANSWER: D & F

4. What are the bomb characters called in the Mario series?
A) Bomb-om
B) Bom-omb
C) Bo-bomb
D) Bob-omb

5. In the original SNES version of Super Mario World, there was one character that Yoshi couldn't eat, but could eat in the Super Famicom version. What was it?
A) Bony Beetles
B) Chargin' Chucks
C) Dolphins
D) Urchins
ANSWER: C

6. There was a game called Super Mario Bros. USA released in Japan. Which game was this a blatant reskin of?
A) The Fairyland Story
B) Towering Adventure!
C) Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2
D) Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic

7. The shy/angry nature of the Boos in Super Mario Bros. 3 was based on what?
A) Koji Kondo's fear of ghosts
B) A fever dream that Miyamoto had
C) Takashi Tezuka's wife
D) A typical Japanese salaryman
ANSWER: C

8. During the development of Super Mario Bros. what item was Mario originally going to hold?
A) A bat
B) A gun
C) A bolo
D) A whip
ANSWER: B

9. The Wizard was basically a 97-minute long advertisement for Nintendo and Super Mario Bros. 3. But what was it called in Japan?
A) Sweet Road
B) Magic Gamer
C) Gamer Road
D) The Ultimate
ANSWER: A

10. According to a 1993 Nintendo character guide, Yoshi's full name is what?
A) T. Yoshiling Munchalot
B) T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas
C) T. Yoshikoopa Munchasaurus
D) Denver, the Last Dinosaur
ANSWER: B

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:43 am 

I just tried my hand at that quiz, and I got 8 out of 10! A couple of answers I got right were near-wild guesses, too, namely the ones about what Yoshi could and couldn't eat and the Boo question. The ones I got wrong were The Wizard question and what Mario was supposed to hold in Super Mario Bros. A gun?!? Seriously, a gun?!? That's, like, the complete opposite of what anyone would expect of Mario!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:27 pm 

8. and 10 just like pikminpulator. 2. made me laugh though, Rock Man haha

"See, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next