Dashed Expectations

We work and drive little
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mii Sharing Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:50 pm 

Image Here's an idea I am surprised hasn't been started yet.

With the advent of QR Codes in our Nintendo systems, sharing Miis is easier than ever. So why not spread the love around with your creations?

I'll keep the list updated as more get added!

Pikmanipulator

The Great B-Man

Last edited by The Great B-Man on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Mii Sharing Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:24 pm 

All right, might as well.

My personal Mii...for a while, at least. It's got more exaggerated, cartoony proportions than my Nintendo Network Mii, which I tried to get as proportionately accurate as possible.

Here are some other Miis I made for fun.

Wreck-It Ralph, from the movie.

Vanellope von Schweetz, from the same movie.

Nester, from Nintendo Power. I know NP came out with one from him, but I personally thought it could be improved upon. This is my stab at adult Nester, taking the Nester NP conceived and mixing it with both comics he appeared in.

Last edited by Pikmanipulator on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 am 

Image Very nice. I'll need all the Miis I can get to be ready for Tomodatchi Life (if I recall, you can take screenshots in that game so...expect Animal Crossing thread 2.0, now with more Dashed Expectations).

By the way, for those without a Wii U or 3DS, you can also just use one of those online Mii Makers and show us how you made them if you'd like.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:22 am 

If you really want so many Miis, I've got my 3DS Mii Maker pretty much maxed out. I've based Miis on Whose Line cast members, Nintendo characters, School Rumble characters (that's an anime in case you need to know), Tron: Uprising, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I've also copied/received some of the more well-known staff members of Nintendo Power.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:52 am 

Image I've actually got a ton of Miis already. In fact, I think I have room for only about 15 more on my 3DS. I'll need to clear it up a bit.

I'm mostly interested in seeing everyone's creations, really, and maybe use some of them in the future.

Anyway, I went ahead and finally got off my lazy bum to add a couple more.

(For the record, I'm only adding Miis that I, personally, can say I made myself. I have a ton of Miis, but a lot of them are either from looking online at designs back when the Wii was still fresh, or from scanning QR Codes, or from getting them off the Waru Waru Plaza.)

The Co-Optional Podcast
Most should know that I really like listening to this every week, right up there with the Giant Bombcast, so it felt fitting to add them into my own little 3DS.

Mike Jones from StarTropics
Big fan of the game, so I thought I'd add him into my plaza.

Some Dashed Expectations

While I've already got a few due to them being on my Friends List on the Wii U (Falc, Azure, Pikmanipulator, etc.), there are still plenty here I haven't seen, so I took the liberty of making the Miis myself. Elby and DoM are the first to get the treatment.

Ian

Okay, I'm slightly cheating here as I didn't "create" the original design. Anyway, it's based off one of the CPU Miis you can compete against in Wii Party. I was greatly amused by him due to a certain YouTuber who's name escapes me having a particularly hard time with him while playing a bootleg version of the game.

And as a special bonus, you can now click on the QR Image to see the face of the Mii before you scan. Or, for those with just a Wii, can try to emulate the style instead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 pm 

The Great B-Man wrote:
Some Dashed Expectations

While I've already got a few due to them being on my Friends List on the Wii U (Falc, Azure, Pikmanipulator, etc.), there are still plenty here I haven't seen, so I took the liberty of making the Miis myself. Elby and DoM are the first to get the treatment.

Well, what a coincidence! I've made a Mii of Elby too!

And one of DoM...

...and Falcon...

...and Mecha.

And behold! B-Man and Elby have performed a fusion transformation to become...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:00 pm 

Add McKnackus to that list.

Now, on a more serious note, here are some other, more honest Miis I've created.

Spoiler: click to show
I'll start off with adult Nester's son, Max, based on the two appearances he's made.

I couldn't resist making Nester in his kid form, which I so aptly called Li'l Nester.

Why, yes, that's Howard Phillips, the very early spokesman of Nintendo / first editor of Nintendo Power / president of the Nintendo Fun Club / ally of Nester!

My college mascot. He needs a cowboy hat to be truly complete.

Along the lines of mascots, here's the one of the original restaurant just off my college campus. Just don't make him wear any headgear that removes his hair...

Tron, of the spectacular TV show Tron: Uprising.

Here's one I got the idea from my shenanigans creating the DE members: Professor Monkey-For-A-Head from Earthworm Jim. Can you see the monkey?

Some Whose Line is it Anyway

By the way, Wayne Brady once got distributed via SpotPass as a Special Mii. I'm not including him here for that reason. If you've got him, congrats!

The rest of these I take no credit for. I simply copied them from some of Nintendo's promotional/sample material. I figured they would make good NPC Miis. Use them or not, it's your call. I made up all of their names except for Sarah's.

The most common sample Mii that Nintendo uses. I can picture her as a model used on billboards, posters, advertisements, etc. Apparently her Japanese name is Mai?

From Miiverse!

(The one in the middle.)

(The second one from the right.)

(The rightmost one.)

(The leftmost one.)

(The second one from the left.)

(The one on the very left edge.)

(The guy second from the right.)

(The woman in the lower-right corner.)

I also took the liberty of adding picture links to each QR code. Except for the Dashed Expectations people. Those you'll have to see for yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:35 pm 

Add this guy to my list of funny forum Miis...

...and these two to the official Miis from promotional material.

And now, have a few internet personalities!

Also, have an updated Eskimo Joe, courtesy of Tomodachi Life experience.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:34 pm 

Hey, did anyone play Pilotwings 64? Remember the characters?

If not, here's a brief introduction.

So, I decided that since Pilotwings Resort basically switched over to using Miis instead of original characters, I'd make the 64 cast into Miis for the fun of it.

Here they are.